Join Date: Aug 2010
Quick Steps to HGSS breeding for Shiny Pokemon
- Knowledge of hitting delays in HGSS
- Knowledge of how to use Eontimer/Zomgtimer
- Basic understanding of RNG terminology
1. Decide what you want to RNG. It’s important to decide which Pokemon you put in first and second as the first is parent A and the second is parent B. Write down their IVs for later use.
2. Open RNG Reporter, choose “Time Finder” -> “4th Generation Time Finder” -> “Shiny Egg”
3. Change the option to HGSS and allow a pretty large range of delays that you are able to hit. (My calibrated delay is 535 so I go from around 540-800). If your Pokemon parents are of different nationality then checkmark the box that says “International Parents”.
4. Enter your ID/SID combo, the Gender Ratio for the Pokemon you want to RNG, and what nature/ability you would like if it matters. Press Generate.
5. Choose an odd framed result as they’re the easiest to hit. If the odd frame is higher than one, then call Joey. He adds +2 to the PID frame so 1 call = frame 3, 2 calls = frame 5 and so on.
6. Have your parents in your party and save in front of the Daycare lady. In RNG Reporter you should right click the seed you’re using and click “Generate more times…”. Enter the target second you want, change the option to HGSS and put in the current routes for your roamers if you have any. Click “Generate” and then press it again once you choose one of the results.
6. From here you just try to hit the seed and match the elm calls. If you do hit your seed, and the wanted frame is just 1, then you can give the parents to the daycare lady in the predetermined order you decided, and then proceed to bike until the daycare man is holding an egg. At that point, save in front of him WITHOUT taking the egg. If the wanted PID frame was 3 or greater then call joey until you’ve reached it, then continue to do the same as you would for a frame one PID.
7. So you saved. Now take the egg and hatch it to make sure you really did hit your seed. If you did, congrats! Turn the game off without saving. Now on to Egg IVs.
Note: Sometimes people have problems when trying to RNG with the roamers out. If this happens to you, my advice is to either kill them or catch them.
If you have questions about the steps, feel free to ask.
DPPt ID Abuse
1. Use this
to find a ID/SID combo that you'd like to use in your game. Make sure your game is restarted and ready to start a new game.
2. Open up RNG Reporter -> 4th Gen Tools -> "Pandora's Box". Copy/Paste either the blue or red numbers for your desired spread in the link in step 1, then set the min/max delay to 6500-8000(it's hard to hit anything lower than 6000) or so. (Depending if you're picky about the #s)
3. Search through the results and choose and ID/SID combo you want to try for. Right click -> Generate More Times..
4. Choose a day/time from this; you won't be using Seed to Time for anything else, so just write down the needed information.
5. Put in the respective information into Eontimer(or whatever timer you're using). You should be clicking A to set the time on your DS at the same time that you're pressing start on the timer. Timer #1 corresponds to when you press A to choose the game on the DS Menu. Timer #2 should be clicked to end the TV show ingame.
6. In between all that, basically take as little time as possible going through instructions with Rowan. When choosing your name note that when you change between uppercase and lowercase it adds +1 to delay. It's best to choose one of the default names for your partner, to avoid messing with anything.
7. After you close out of the TV show, go into your game menu and look at the ID you received. If it's not your target, use the 3rd column of Pandora's Box. Enter the TID you got, as well as the time etc you were aiming to hit. The min/max delay should be a very wide range. Press generate. If you hit around the same time as the timer, then look for at the seconds(as in time not #2) column for a second close to your target. If the delay isn't unrealistic, that's probably what you really did hit. Adjust the timer accordingly.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until you hit what you want.
HGSS ID Abuse
BW Shiny Pokemon
how to find and hit seeds
1. Have the newest version of RNG Reporter and know your ID/SID combo and your DS Parameters. (If you don't want a shiny pokemon, just don't bother with putting it in.)
2. Click "Time Finder" -> "5th Generation Time Finder" and you should start in the Capture tab. Put in your ID/SID and checkmark the "Search for Nearby Shiny Frames" box. Decide how many Chatot calls you're willing to put up with, and but that into the box next to the ID/SID boxes.
3. Decide what you want to RNG. The method used should be IVs (Standard Seed), and the Encounter Types are self-explanatory. If you need a specific Encounter slot, be sure to add that here as well. Depending on seed you're looking for, it make take searching through a few years, so just start wherever you want. Min/Max Frame for IVs should always be 1/1. Search as many months as you think your computer can handle. Put in the IVs or IV range you want your Pokemon to have.
4. This varies from person to person, but I suggest searching only for Synchronizable frames, as you can reuse the seed if you do so. If you do that, don't checkmark any of the natures. Decide which ability your Pokemon needs, if it matters. Unless you're using a Cute Charm lead, I suggest letting the RNG Reporter search All Ratio of genders, so that you have a better chance of finding a usable seed. If you have your DS Parameters in, and everything in these steps has been completed, click Generate.
5. Once you find a seed you want to use,
Last edited by Cassie; Apr 25th, 2012 at 3:12:01 AM.