5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Does each delay within a given C-gear seed have completely different PIDRNG from one another or do they all share the same one? While I understand that PIDRNG advances wildly while the C-gear is on I keep getting this sneaking suspicion that nature given are coming off from more than one PIDRNG frame.

BTW, can anyone break down what this is talking about.

C-Gear seed timing
-> extrapolate backwards to the Standard Seed Time
-> Simple Seed Generator to generate your Standard Seeds according to that Time
-> Find out which one you hit with a Parameter Search at that time (what timer0)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does each delay within a given C-gear seed have completely different PIDRNG from one another or do they all share the same one? While I understand that PIDRNG advances wildly while the C-gear is on I keep getting this sneaking suspicion that nature given are coming off from more than one PIDRNG frame.

BTW, can anyone break down what this is talking about.
I would think that the IVRNG and the PIDRNG use the same initial seed.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since each delay generates a different seed, that wouldn't make any sense. Probably just confirmation bias.

I followed the vid posted for non c-gear seeding and I failed at the calibration part. I followed Military time (It was 7.12pm, I inputted 19 Hours 12 Min 25 seconds), sweet scented as quickly as possible and used Metalkid's IV calc but to no avail. I have been trying for a while now, and everytime it comes up with zero seeds. I even tried expanding the "seconds" window in the "seed encryption variables" but nada. Can anyone help me?

Having some issues with entralink abuse!
I'm following Sephirona's guide and have gone over it a couple of times now, double-checking everything to make sure I'm doing it right.
My target frame is 21, my delay 7193, target time is 10:00:28.
I start eon timer as I set the time, and start the game when the first timer goes off (using an AR) and press A again to go to the entralink at the end of the second timer. (This is where I get kinda confused...)
So I run to entree forest in as few steps as possible and encounter my target pokemon.
I get crappy IV's and plug them into the seed to time thingy and get no results. I've tried numerous times and haven't seen anything from it. I know I need to calibrate to make up for the offset blah blah blah but it doesn't seem to be working out, any ideas to what I'm doing wrong?
Additional info: My seed is 1dab2e73, my ID is 57769 and my SID is 45765. Thanks!

EDIT: I also set to search max delays, max seconds, etc. etc.

Having some issues with entralink abuse!
I'm following Sephirona's guide and have gone over it a couple of times now, double-checking everything to make sure I'm doing it right.
My target frame is 21, my delay 7193, target time is 10:00:28.
I start eon timer as I set the time, and start the game when the first timer goes off (using an AR) and press A again to go to the entralink at the end of the second timer. (This is where I get kinda confused...)
So I run to entree forest in as few steps as possible and encounter my target pokemon.
I get crappy IV's and plug them into the seed to time thingy and get no results. I've tried numerous times and haven't seen anything from it. I know I need to calibrate to make up for the offset blah blah blah but it doesn't seem to be working out, any ideas to what I'm doing wrong?
Additional info: My seed is 1dab2e73, my ID is 57769 and my SID is 45765. Thanks!
I think, either your starting frame is 8 or you're accidentally triggering the step counter frame advancement thingy. In Seed to Time, what do you have in the min/max frame part, near the bottom?

Edit: I just read your edit. So, does this mean you have the min/max frame at 1 to, like 30? If so... then Idk. But you should find results if you have it searching for max delays and seconds and frames.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was under the impression that 5th gen RNG is impossible with AR. Or is that only for certain types?

Alternate possibilities: you're farther off than you think and the search parameters aren't wide enough, or you're tripping the step counter and hitting a different frame.

I was under the impression that 5th gen RNG is impossible with AR. Or is that only for certain types?
You can't use AR for Standard seeds. It works for C-Gear seeds :P

Apparently for standard seeds, the AR messes with the timer0 or something. Bond697 said using an AR with standard seeds is possible, you just have to find your parameters with really wide timer0 ranges. I'm not sure if your timer0 would be consistent, though... so maybe it isn't possible.

I think, either your starting frame is 8 or you're accidentally triggering the step counter frame advancement thingy. In Seed to Time, what do you have in the min/max frame part, near the bottom?
999+-, I also have 3 pokemon in my party. Just tried it again now and still no IV match found. :(

EDIT: Ahaha, I know what I did now...I set the minimum frame to 999 and the max to 999. /facepalm times 1,000

The boxed place is where I'm talking about. What do you have in there? Set it to 21 to 30 and see if you get any results. And if that doesn't work make the min 8.

Edit: Oh, I read your edit. Well, hopefully you'll get a result now!

I’ve heard people complain about RNGing Wurmples about once every three months and thought I’d try it myself. So the rest of you prospective RNGers get less confused, here’s a short guide on…

How to RNG a Wurmple:
Find a few values in the RNG reporter capture tab / Egg finder tab like you would any other project. For the sake of example, I’ll be shooting for a 31/26/31/30/30/31 HP Ground Modest Beautifly.

Open up Windows Calculator (Not sure what the Mac equivalent is but all you really need is something to convert hex to decimal). In Windows Calculator select View and the option Programmer. Calculator should look very different now. Make sure the value the bubble with Hex to the side is selected.

Type your target's PID in RNG reporter into Windows Calculator

Now click the Bubble with Dec to the side. Your Hex value should convert to a decimal value

Look at the last digit. If the last digit is 0-4, you'll get a Silcoon when your Wurmple evolves. If the last digit is 5-9, you'll get a Cascoon. Weed out the seeds that don't give you your desired final evolution and find one among the new bunch that you like. In my case, my seed gave me a 3 as the last digit, meaning this seed will result in a Beautifly. This means I don't have to search for another seed to user and can stick with this one.

Hit your seed and get your Wurmple. Save if you're certain you have the right Wurmple. Use a few Rare Candies and verify that you get the correct evolution, then reset. Enjoy your mostly useless RNG!

I've been able to hit my delay while doing entralink abuse, BUT...I keep getting a frame ahead of my target frame, 21.
I have one pokemon in my party and walking the least amount of steps to entree forest, but I can't keep it from advancing one frame every time.

ALSO, I had 3 pokemon in my party at an earlier time, and when I hit my delay it advanced 3 ahead of the target frame, so I know it has something to do with the walk 128 steps thing...

is there another way to find my SID without using AR and pokècheck?
can i use the IVs of one of my random shiny pokèmon like in 4° gen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)