Epic Pokemon Rap Battles: Round 1, Gotta Rap them all!

Oh snap. Now I know he's tough and a special wall but don't you go modest on him hydra!
Better not be timid about it
These rhymes'll hit ya hardy
You brave enough to face me
Or do you know your mild beats can't compete
I'm gonna leave a rash
got no time to be relaxed
your head'll be bash(ed)ful-way in
ya gotta get hasty
this is serious
you adamant enough to face against me?

I might've been buried a few pages back, so I'm reposting just to be sure. I'd like to sub with my man Zoroark

Great raps so far guys, we could cut a mixtape with all these quality beats!

Better not be timid about it
These rhymes'll hit ya hardy
You brave enough to face me
Or do you know your mild beats can't compete
I'm gonna leave a rash
got no time to be relaxed
your head'll be bash(ed)ful-way in
ya gotta get hasty
this is serious
you adamant enough to face against me?
Hahaha, I c wut u did thar :3

Rodan, meet your match, we have our final match for the round decided then.

Spartan123 (Zoroark) vs. Rodan (Cryogonal)

EDIT: Guys and Gals, I'm still seeing a lot of missed entries, do you need more time or what :/

EDIT2: Were definitely gonna post some of these beautiful works on the tube, just lets get this tourney finished first...

Pwnmon, still waiting for that recording!

@Heracross

So walrein only standing with 1 hp
Howd he survive that? It's a mystery
You switching to get away with nothing but moot
Wait what? I just called pursuit

Ouch, where are you Walrein? Quit Stalling :P and lay down the beatS!
As I already said, he may think he puts up a great stall,
but he's using walrein so he's doomed to fall

But yeah, can't wait to see what else is coming our way in this rap tourney.

So wait, if I'm understanding this, we get to pick a new Pokémon to represent for the next round, right? I hope this is the case, that way we can have a bit more variety in our raps instead of using the same material for the next 2 to 3 rounds.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Your material will change as your opponent changes. You'll only have to come up with a few new lines about your mon. The rest can be about how terrible your new opponent is.

Just a suggestion, but for the sake of keeping the ball rolling and striking while the iron is still hot, you might want to set a firm deadline soon X5Dragon. Those of us who are active are ready to move on whenever you are. Those who don't have the time or are too lazy are going to continue to not have the time or be lazy. If you let this drag too long those of us who are active are probably going to lose interest or have things come up.

Personally, I'd really love to see this make it all the way to the end. Considering that this community has made the karaoke contest work for multiple rounds now, this could very well be the start of a fun new tradition.

Just linking to my rap again here since I somewhat added the background music. It still has lyrics in it, which I have explained in my entry post, but getting a feel for the beat in which the lyrics were written before reading them is better than nothing, I feel.

im having troubles figuring out how to put the beat and lyrics together. hopefully ill figure it out by the end of tomorrow. just letting you know im active!

Awww shit, I just realized I won't have any time to put a full song together. Will it be acceptable if I just put the lyrics down?

oh my god aviator

that shit was great

@X5
I'm not sure if I'll change. I'll definitely let you know what I decide before Monday.

But honestly I really think we should be allowed to change. Yeah, I know that there's the whole "you should represent your pokemon" ordeal, but allowing changes allows for a lot more variety, not only in lyrics but in styles as well. I have a few different ideas that would work so much better(or only work at all) with certain pokemon. Allowing for changes means you're not stuck to one pokemon and one style the entire time, especially if this is going to become an ongoing thing.

Disregarding that, though, how is voting going to work? Are you going to put a poll at the top in a new thread, or just have everyone post in the thread saying which verse in each battle they liked more, then manually count it up?

agreeing with switching up mons each round IF you want to

also i won't be able to record till the 14th if that's ok! i don't want to post my lyrics before the recording but if the deadline is strict i can do that.

personally, I'd say no switch. If we are all switching around, then we'll exhaust the store of viable pokemon for this sort of thing much faster. I'd hate to see it get to a point where you simply have to use Monferno vs Metang simply because there's nothing better left

btw/ nice rap aviator, that shit was dope!
thanks doe, you rocked it too, left me in a night daze XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)