Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hello people I am looking for a HARD (and I mean hard) scramble challange for Ruby. I cannot trade. All the pokemon must have backstories. The goal is to do beat Steven (duh.) Also I want a Shedninja. Anyone who gives me a Shedninja will get to pick a second pokemon if they want. I'm exited to see what you guys will give me!

TheMagicalCake, take Ninja the Nincada. Ninja obviously aspires to become a ninja, and it feels that to accomplish this, it must learn the ways of the ninja by learning 3 status moves, one of which has to be Toxic, and by soloing every Ninja Boy in the game. After these actions are done, Ninja can evolve. If Ninja gets in the yellow or statused, it must switch out immediately and never fight again until it gets back to full health/its status gets restored. Proper ninjas are independent, and thus Ninja refuses to use any items.

After Ninja evolves, it gets into an offscreen accident and dies. It is then brought back to life in Mt. Pyre, as a Shedinja, by Hex Maniacs. Because Ninja was revived by the Hex Maniacs, it decides to solo the Magma Grunts on Mt. Pyre, to restore peace to Mt. Pyre and the spirits that rest there. Ninja still feels like it must repay it's debt to the people of Mt. Pyre, so it soloes Groudon, the result of Team Magma's work. After the solo, Ninja realizes that it's time in the world is short, and decides to help you out one last time by leading your party through Victory Road. After this is done, Ninja departs this world. You must keep Ninja in your party for the rest of the game, but you may not use it when fighting the Elite Four or Steven.
Good luck!

Catch Nincada, nickname Ninja
You may not use items on Ninja
If Ninja gets into the yellow or gets statused, you must switch it out and may not use it again until it's health/status is restored
Ninja must learn 3 status moves, one of which must be Toxic, and must solo every Ninja Boy in the game to evolve
After Ninja evolves, you may not use it until you get to Mt. Pyre
Ninja (which is now a Shedinja) must solo all of the Magma Grunts on Mt. Pyre
Ninja must solo Groudon
Ninja must lead your party through Victory Road and never be used again

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Hello people I am looking for a HARD (and I mean hard) scramble challange for Ruby. I cannot trade. All the pokemon must have backstories. The goal is to do beat Steven (duh.) Also I want a Shedninja. Anyone who gives me a Shedninja will get to pick a second pokemon if they want. I'm exited to see what you guys will give me!
there once was a famous man named willy shakespeare, he wrote shit

anyway hes a pokemon now and hes a classy gentleman but hes also quite feminine so hes a skitty

in order to evolve him you must beat a pokemon or trainer with him that starts with each letter in "romeo and juliet"

once he is a delcatty you may only attack 3 times before switching out

TheMagicalCake:

Herd the Mudkip grew up during the "I Herd U Like Mudkips" fad and is obsessed with being cool and with people liking him. His dream is to win all four Cool Contests in Hoenn, and will only learn Cool moves because of that. He also will only evolve after winning two Cool Contests (per evolution). However, he can't stand the taste of Pokeblocks and refuses to eat them, and he also refuses to sit in the Box while his friends battle. Finally, he must solo Wattson, the only Gym Leader to never buy into the fad.

Recap:
- Must be in the party at all times.
- Moveset: Iron Tail, Double Team, one move of your choice
- Solo Wattson.
- Win the Fallarbor Town Cool Contest to evolve to Marshtomp.
- Win the Lilycove City Cool Contest to evolve to Swampert.
- No Pokeblocks.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A Zubat shall give you this "hard" challenge you are looking for. Just gimme a few minutes to write it. :)

Well TheMagicalCake, you get a Zubat named Flapper. This Zubat is the latest in a long line of Cheri Berry Zubats, all named Flapper, these bats lurk in the darkness of Granite Cave, holding Cheri Berries & trolling unsuspecting challengers who catch them by refusing to battle without a Cheri Berry. That is, the basic restrictions of these creatures is that they must hold a Cheri Berry to Fight. If it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out. No Exceptions. This Cheri Berry Zubat, however, is rather suicidal, & because the internal clocks on all R/S Games by now have dried out, you only have 8 Cheri Berries to last you throughout the game. The number of Cheri Berries you consume adds an extra restriction each time.

0 Consumed: No Extra Restrictions.
1 Consumed: Flapper may only use Level-Up moves.
2 Consumed: Flapper must come into the battle against Electric-Type & Grass-Type Pokemon you face, excluding when another Pokemon has a mandatory solo.
3 Consumed: Flapper may only use attacking moves.
4 Consumed: Flapper can never switch out against all Electric & Grass-Type Pokemon you face, nor can you run from these battles, unless Flapper loses its Cheri Berry, excluding when another Pokemon has a mandatory solo.
5 Consumed: Flapper must lead the party at all times, the only exception is when another Pokemon has to lead the party.
6 Consumed: You may never use Items on Flapper.
7 Consumed: Flapper can never switch out, nor can you run from battles, excluding when another Pokemon has a mandatory solo.
8 Consumed: You lose the Scramble.

To make this harder, Flapper may never leave the party at any given time, must stay within 5 levels of the highest leveled Pokemon on your team at all times, may never evolve, & to get the ball running, Flapper must lead the party in all battles in the Mauville Gym, even Wattson, in which case, you must switch Flapper out Turn 1. Flapper may never switch out against Wattson's Gym Lackeys, unless it loses its Cheri Berry.

One more thing, Under no circumstance are you allowed to Soft Reset (Turn off the game without saving first, with the intention to recover lost Cheri Berries). If you do, you must throw out 2 Cheri Berries, plus the ones you consumed before soft-resetting, each time you break this rule. This counts as consuming Cheri Berries for the purposes of this challenge.

Another thing, Selling or throwing away Cheri Berries also count as consuming Cheri Berries for the purposes of this challenge, just to make this challenge less exploitable.

Have fun. It is not my fault you asked for a Hard Scramble, you only have yourselkf to blame; We just give you the challenges. Go on, reject this, you know you want to...

Your challanges are so evil, and I love them :D.

TheMagicalCake:

Herd the Mudkip grew up during the "I Herd U Like Mudkips" fad and is obsessed with being cool and with people liking him. His dream is to win all four Cool Contests in Hoenn, and will only learn Cool moves because of that. He also will only evolve after winning two Cool Contests (per evolution). However, he can't stand the taste of Pokeblocks and refuses to eat them, and he also refuses to sit in the Box while his friends battle. Finally, he must solo Wattson, the only Gym Leader to never buy into the fad.

Recap:
- Must be in the party at all times.
- May only use moves listed as "Cool" on the Contest page.
- Solo Wattson.
- Win the Fallarbor Town Cool Contest to evolve to Marshtomp.
- Win the Lilycove City Cool Contest to evolve to Swampert.
- No Pokeblocks.

If this isn't hard enough for you, I can make it harder.
Can I use moves that aren't cool in the beginning when I don't have any?

Ok problems. Mudkip only learns 2 cool moves. Iron tail and Double team... Aslo I dont think there is any trainer or pokemon in the game whose name starts with U. Feel free to prove me wrong. We could change it to "The Taming Of the Shrew"

You wanted a hard challenge...

That said, I didn't anticipate that big a move drought. So I'll give you one move of your choice in addition to Iron Tail and Double Team.

Fair enough, I did want it hard :). So for the one move of my choice, must it be the first move i choose and remain that move, or am I allowed to switch the move as the game progresses?

This scramble is so hard.. im losing at every turn, getting beasted by crits and status, plus just outmatched.

this region is making me weep.

canno

formerly The Reptile
TheMagicalCake, you get Bandit the Zigzagoon.

You must catch Bandit ASAP. He must have Pick Up. Every time Pick Up activates, it will be considered stealing for the sake of this challenge. Bandit also has the philosophy of "There can only be one", so you cannot have any other Zigzagoons or Linoones.

Bandit wants to be the very best, that no one ever was. Of course, he doesn't want to be a pokemon master. That would be silly. No, Bandit wants to be the bets thief in the world. Every time Bandit steals an item, you must discard that item and items in your bag with a price equal to or greater than the item that was stolen (Item Prices in Ruby / Sapphire ) ASAP, because you aren't a thief, but everyone accuses you as the thief. If you cannot, you must add this price to your dept. As long as you are in dept, you cannot buy items unless you are buying items to pay of your dept (for example, you can only buy a potion in the store while in dept if it's to pay off your dept.) or enter Pokemon Centers. They do not do offer their service to people in dept because hey, they should be paying off their dept, not buying items or healing! If you black out while in dept, it's game over (because you can't use them).

Bandit must learn Thief ASAP so he can start stealing during battle. You can never give Bandit an item, because then he cannot steal, and that makes Bandit sad. Bandit can also never be the lowest leveled party member, because Bandit is competitive. If he is, you must grind him up until he is the highest leveled pokemon in your team. Bandit can also never be boxed because you can't steal from inside a box, and Bandit must steal all the things. Bandit can only evolve after it stolen 10 items.
The price for a Pokemon Center trip is 250 x the number of pokemon in your team. Hey, what did you expect, free healing? Someone has to pay for the electricity of the machine. Electricity doesn't grow from trees. If you only need to heal one pokemon, you can always use the box trick. It cost 250 per pokemon, so it's cool if you need a heal for one pokemon. If all of your pokemon faint and you cannot afford the Pokemon Center, it's game over. Also, if you beat Steve while in dept, you lose the challenge.

Well Organized Version
- You must catch Bandit ASAP.
- He must have Pick Up.
- Bandit is the only Zigzagoon/Linoone you can own.
- Pick Up = Stealing.
- Every time Bandit steals an item, you must discard that item and items in your bag with a price equal to or greater than the item that was stolen (Item Prices in Ruby / Sapphire ) ASAP.
- If you cannot, you must add this price to your dept.
- As long as you are in dept, you cannot buy items unless you are buying items to pay of your dept (for example, you can only buy a potion in the store while in dept if it's to pay off your dept.) or enter Pokemon Centers.
- Instant game over if you black out and cannot afford healing
- The price for a Pokemon Center trip is 250 x the number of pokemon in your team.
- Box healing is allowed, but it cost 250 for each pokemon healed this way.
- Bandit must learn Thief ASAP
- If Thief steals an item, it counts as stealing obviously.
- You can never give Bandit an item
- Bandit can also never be the lowest leveled party member
- If he is, you must grind him up until he is the highest leveled pokemon in your team.
- Bandit can also never be boxed
- Bandit can only evolve after it stolen 10 items.
- If you beat Steve while in dept, you lose the challenge.

Fair enough, I did want it hard :). So for the one move of my choice, must it be the first move i choose and remain that move, or am I allowed to switch the move as the game progresses?
You have to pick the move before you start. (You're allowed to use other moves before you get any of the three moved you're given.)

TheMagicalCake, you get Bandit the Zigzagoon.

You must catch Bandit ASAP. He must have Pick Up. Every time Pick Up activates, it will be considered stealing for the sake of this challenge. Bandit also has the philosophy of "There can only be one", so you cannot have any other Zigzagoons or Linoones.

Bandit wants to be the very best, that no one ever was. Of course, he doesn't want to be a pokemon master. That would be silly. No, Bandit wants to be the bets thief in the world. Every time Bandit steals an item, you must discard that item and items in your bag with a price equal to or greater than the item that was stolen (Item Prices in Ruby / Sapphire ) ASAP, because you aren't a thief, but everyone accuses you as the thief. If you cannot, you must add this price to your dept. As long as you are in dept, you cannot buy items unless you are buying items to pay of your dept (for example, you can only buy a potion in the store while in dept if it's to pay off your dept.) or enter Pokemon Centers. They do not do offer their service to people in dept because hey, they should be paying off their dept, not buying items or healing! If you black out while in dept, it's game over (because you can't use them).

Bandit must learn Thief ASAP so he can start stealing during battle. You can never give Bandit an item, because then he cannot steal, and that makes Bandit sad. Bandit can also never be the lowest leveled party member, because Bandit is competitive. If he is, you must grind him up until he is the highest leveled pokemon in your team. Bandit can also never be boxed because you can't steal from inside a box, and Bandit must steal all the things. Bandit can only evolve after it stolen 10 items.
The price for a Pokemon Center trip is 250 x the number of pokemon in your team. Hey, what did you expect, free healing? Someone has to pay for the electricity of the machine. Electricity doesn't grow from trees. If you only need to heal one pokemon, you can always use the box trick. It cost 250 per pokemon, so it's cool if you need a heal for one pokemon. If all of your pokemon faint and you cannot afford the Pokemon Center, it's game over. Also, if you beat Steve while in dept, you lose the challenge.

Well Organized Version
- You must catch Bandit ASAP.
- He must have Pick Up.
- Bandit is the only Zigzagoon/Linoone you can own.
- Pick Up = Stealing.
- Every time Bandit steals an item, you must discard that item and items in your bag with a price equal to or greater than the item that was stolen (Item Prices in Ruby / Sapphire ) ASAP.
- If you cannot, you must add this price to your dept.
- As long as you are in dept, you cannot buy items unless you are buying items to pay of your dept (for example, you can only buy a potion in the store while in dept if it's to pay off your dept.) or enter Pokemon Centers.
- Instant game over if you black out and cannot afford healing
- The price for a Pokemon Center trip is 250 x the number of pokemon in your team.
- Box healing is allowed, but it cost 250 for each pokemon healed this way.
- Bandit must learn Thief ASAP
- If Thief steals an item, it counts as stealing obviously.
- You can never give Bandit an item
- Bandit can also never be the lowest leveled party member
- If he is, you must grind him up until he is the highest leveled pokemon in your team.
- Bandit can also never be boxed
- Bandit can only evolve after it stolen 10 items.
- If you beat Steve while in dept, you lose the challenge.
Very original concept! I like it a lot hahaha. I just need some clarifications on a few things. When would I not be able to throw out the more expensive items in my bag? Also, why would buying a potion help me get out of debt? I'm just a bit confused.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Very original concept! I like it a lot hahaha. I just need some clarifications on a few things. When would I not be able to throw out the more expensive items in my bag? Also, why would buying a potion help me get out of debt? I'm just a bit confused.
Buying potions (and then discarding) helps because it's the only way to "discard" money in-game. Also, it doesn't need to be potions, I just used it as an example because it was the first item that came to mind. :P

And you can always toss out your most expensive items from your bag, as long as it's able to pay your dept you are allowed to toss anything.

Oh, and berry prices aren't listed on the site, so I'm going with 100 for each berry.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for TheMagicalCake (if Naix isn't gonna get a second challange out...)
XD Good Luck

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick update on my Scramble now that I have returned. The gameplay for Chapter 3 is finished, but I don't have much time to write it up. I should be able to get it done by tomorrow, so expect it soon, but no gaurentees! (my spelling sucks horribly)

Another update for my Yellow Scramble.

Previous update Original post

Back in Pewter City, I buy the Poké Balls that I should have bought in Viridian before heading for Mt. Moon a second time. Outside of the cave, I find a Sandshrew and use one of my new Poké Balls to catch him. I name my Sandshrew Jacob, after an old friend of mine that moved to Fuchsia City a while back. Soon after I catch Jacob ((in game, after a LOT of grinding)), Random evolves into a Gyarados! With three Pokémon on my team, I head into the Mt. Moon cave.

The trip through the cave brings bad news. I meet some new opponents: Jessie and James, members of the criminal organization known as Team Rocket. On top of that, Ash finds himself on the business end of a wild Paras’ Stun Spore. With Ash incapacitated, it’s up to Jacob and Random to defeat Jessie and James. However, Jacob faints from the Smog attack of James' Koffing, an attack which also poisons Random.

I exit the cave with my team in bad shape. Jacob has fainted, Random is poisoned, and Ash is still suffering from the effects of the Stun Spore. I run as fast as I can to Cerulean City’s Pokémon Center before the poison can take Random’s life.

The nurses at the Pokémon Center are able to save Random and revive Jacob, but Ash isn’t as lucky. He’s suffering an allergic reaction from the Stun Spore, so I leave him at the Pokémon Center ((in game, I kept him at the back of my team and didn’t use him)) and go into the Cerulean City Gym with two Pokémon.

Jacob tries to fight Misty’s Staryu, but it’s too much for him. Rather than risking him fainting again, I recall him and send out Random. In a battle of the Water-types that sends waves through the entire Gym and gets every single person in the building soaking wet, Random defeats first Staryu and then Starmie, earning my team the Cascadebadge.

Random, Jacob, and I return to the Pokémon Center to check on Ash. He’s doing much better, and has made friends with another of the patients: a homeless Bulbasaur. After I hear the Bulbasaur’s story, which I am not going to repeat because it would make even that of the legendary Charizard from fourteen years ago look happy, I adopt him out of pity, naming him Dunkasaur because he keeps dunking his bulb in the Pokémon Center’s water fountain. I look at the Town Map that I got from Asper’s sister back in Pallet Town, and I realize that the next closest Gym is in Saffron City…

Ash (Lv23)
Moves:
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Tail Whip
Thunder Wave (unusable)

Random (Lv21)
Moves:
Splash (unusable and worthless even if I could use it)
Tackle
Bite (unusable)

Jacob (Lv18)
Moves:
Scratch
Sand-Attack (must open with and use every other turn)
Slash

Dunkasaur (Lv10)
Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed (must use at 50% HP vs. trainers)

You have to pick the move before you start. (You're allowed to use other moves before you get any of the three moved you're given.)
OK. The first cool move I can receive is double team, which is found at the game corner. Iron tail is found at meteor falls. These moves are found so late in the game, I was wondering if we could change the challenge around a bit. Maybe make it tough moves only? The first two gyms will still be very tough, and I can actually limit myself to only tough moves this time. OR, I could stick with cool, but I will not be allowed to use Mudkip early on. Otherwise, if im allowed any move early on, I would beat Roxanne with ease. Tell me what you think.

OK. The first cool move I can receive is double team, which is found at the game corner. Iron tail is found at meteor falls. These moves are found so late in the game, I was wondering if we could change the challenge around a bit. Maybe make it tough moves only? The first two gyms will still be very tough, and I can actually limit myself to only tough moves this time. OR, I could stick with cool, but I will not be allowed to use Mudkip early on. Otherwise, if im allowed any move early on, I would beat Roxanne with ease. Tell me what you think.
Tough moves only makes more sense. Just replace all mention of Cool with Tough.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Take Random the Spoink.

As we all know, Spoinks are pretty random (Like seriously a pig on a spring come on GameFreak), but this one is especially so. Even among the Spoinks and Grumpigs, there is a code of normality. No Spoinks are to be *too* random or *too* boring. In general, Spoinks' randomness levels are rated on a scale of Pip (0) to OINK (100). Random's randomness level, however is (somewhat fittingly) random, so it's somewhere between PING (80) and OINK (100).

[Randomly generate an integer between 80 and 100 inclusive; this is Random's randomness level.]

However, before they are allowed to evolve into Grumpigs, they must show that they are balanced enough to handle their new forms; they must have a randomness of Squeak (45) to Boing (55).

But Random can't help being random! He wants to become an epic rebel!

Random's randomness level is gonna go WAY UP! Pick any seven of the following ten tasks:
THE RANDOM TASKS
Use Taunt at the start of every battle after you beat Winona
Use a PP Max on one of Random's moves
Use only physical moves for an entire Gym. Solo this Gym
Win 2 Master Rank Contests
For one Gym, only attack if your SpA is at +6. Solo this Gym
For one Gym, only attack if your Evasion is at +6. Solo this Gym
Use Snore successfully 100 times before you enter Victory Road
Use Psych Up successfully 10 times before you enter Victory Road
Use up all of Splash's PP in a single battle
Paralyse 42 Pokemon with Bounce before you enter Victory Road

Alternatively, if you can get ALL 10 REQUIREMENTS DONE, the Grumpig Squad will recognise your utterly flawlessly random and rad performance and allow you to evolve! Yay!

Wow. I totally forgot about this thread and my Scrambles, and most of you probably forgot about me. I should probably continue with my Scramble stories sometime.

Anyway, I'm starting up a Youtube channel pretty soon and suddenly a thought came to me. What if I did a Scramble? It might be awhile until I work out all the kinks and the channel is actually up and running, but I was wondering if you guys would like to see something like that. I would of course commentate over the game. I would probably play on either Fire Red or Emerald. So should I do it or not?

Anyway, I'm starting up a Youtube channel pretty soon and suddenly a thought came to me. What if I did a Scramble? It might be awhile until I work out all the kinks and the channel is actually up and running, but I was wondering if you guys would like to see something like that. I would of course commentate over the game. I would probably play on either Fire Red or Emerald. So should I do it or not?
I say go for it. Keep in mind, however, that you don't have to if you don't want to do it. If you do, I'd like to reserve a spot for you when you're accepting submissions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)