Something is not right here...

I came here once for help on this team, and it still lacks some drive to get the wins I am looking for. Most of these fights just show another hole in this team. Can someone tell me what is missing (other than a second grass resist)?

Probopass @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Stealth Rock, Flying resist, yeah, that basically says it. However, I only find myself using Stealth Rock and Volt Switch. I rarely ever use Earth Power or Flash Cannon.

Gardevoir @ Light Clay
Trait: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Memento

All you need to do is look at the set to see that she runs Dual Screens to help Cinccino and Butterfree. Having those screens up really saves me from the vicious powerhouses in this tier. So yeah, Dual Screens stays.

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Yawn

Two words: Rapid Spin. The rest is just to get rid of spinblockers or Pokemon that try to set up on Wartortle. With hazards in high demand, Wartortle helps put the pressure on Garbodor, Omanyte, and other hazard deployers in the tier.

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Spinblocking and power in one! Not to mention immunity to Thunder Wave. This is a cool little machine who likes wreaking havoc on the opposition when it is not burned or poisoned.

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
- U-turn

Cute, but deadly. Basically, this little mouse is supposed to walk around with an AK-47, shoot everything in sight, and conquer the worl.... wait, no. It is just a physical attacker whose consistency keeps dropping because it keeps getting burned. I want Heal Bell!

Butterfree @ Leftovers
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Finally, something with consistency. Attempt to put something to sleep, and set up on the free turn. Hidden Power Ground hits 4x resistances to Bug, like Emboar and Probopass. This little Butterfly is carrying around venom.

What do I plan to keep?
Butterfree, Hazards, Rapid Spin, Spinblocker, Dual Screens

What do I want to add?
Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. Sorry for the caps, but MY TEAM HATES STATUS. Being burned, paralyzed, poisoned, and whatnot. I would very much appreciate Heal Bell or Aromatherapy.

Boy you need some pictures up in here.

Please get rid of Wartortle. It does literally nothing useful besides spin. Armaldo is much better at spinning and can actually be *gasp* somewhat offensive, which Wartortle could never do ever. loltortle couldn't get rid of spinblockers if it wanted to.

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast / Rock Slide
- X-Scissor / Knock Off

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with replacing Wartortle as it can't spin against any Ghost, but I'd recommend another set for Armaldo. The set listed at the bottom does a number of things for your team. It still spins, but it can set up on the Ghost-Types of the tier and beat them 1 on 1. Aqua Tail will defeat Golurk, Rock Blast will hit through a Haunter's Substitute and hit for big damage, and the Lum Berry lets it set up on Misdreavus and avoid a burn, then smack it for huge damage.

Another thing I notice for your team is a lack of a water resist. You have no resists and 3 weaknesses. That means that things like Ludicolo will completely rip through your team, especially if it's under rain, where it's too fast to be hit. The most replaceable member of your team is Golurk, since spinblocking isn't really a big deal for a team that's only laying Stealth Rocks. Thus I suggest you replace Golurk with Cacturne. This gives you a water resist, but that's not all. Cacturne lays spikes that can help Butterfree sweep, can KO Rock-types that can scare Butterfree out using Bullet Seed, and can use Encore to give it free setup oppertunities and allow it to tear through the opponent's team.

The last change is small, and it's to replace Earth Power and Flash Cannon with Power Gem and Thunder Wave on Probopass. Power Gem lets it actually hit Flying-Types that it walls, killing them so they can't cause problems for Butterfree later. Thunder Wave lets it cripple a mon, ruining a revenge killer and preventing it from being able to deal with Butterfree when it tries to sweep. Also changing the EV spread allows it to be a much better go-to wall for the team, as it's great defensive stats let it deal with both physical and special threats. The investment is in Special Defense as it already resists alot of notable physical types in NU (Flying, Normal, etc.), but you can choose to shift them to defense and use a Bold nature instead to better deal with physical attackers.

TL;DR:
Armaldo > Wartortle
Cacturne > Golurk
Replacing Earth Power and Flash Cannon on Probopass with T-Wave and Power Gem and editing the EV spread

Sets:

Armaldo (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast
- Aqua Tail

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Encore

Probopass @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Power Gem/Earth Power

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
As Gengan said, get rid of wartortle. I'd also question the utility of a dual screener, it's a cool thing that brings nice support, but apart from buterfree no one uses it to set up something important. Having one more attacking poke will let you put much more pressure on the opponent and will make it harder for him to set up SR.

Since cinccino and golurk are your main attackers and they are both walled by the very common amoonguss and alomomola, I'd suggest you add a powerful special attacker. You might as well keep gardevoir (since it's an awesome poke) but change it to an offenive set. with max speed and sp.att (timid nature) you will also outspeed many swift swimmers that can destroy your team atm. Psychic, focus blast and shadow ball on life orb is the classic set, the last move is up to you. Healing wish and memento can help you get buterfree in for free, a trick specs set is also an option.

I would suggest you abandon the idea of spinning since it's a very difficult thing to acheive with sucess in NU. I understand you want buterfree to come in safely, but many attacks are either doing pitiful damage or are simply OHKOing buterfree even at full health and you have a better chance to get rid of rocks with good offensive momentum over a spinner. Since you also happen to lack priority and will need some special defence if you change gardevoir. I suggest you use a customized physical lapras set. You need to find the fair share between offense and special defence. Water absorb is a must, EV's are up to you really try many sets and see what works best. For the attacks, I suggest you use Waterfall ice shard, drill run or double-edge and the last move should go with what EV set you chose. You wanted a heal bell user, specially defensive lapras does well, but an offensive dragon dance set has many advantages too. This being said, if you choose the defensive lapras and don't feel the need of priority as much as I do, you're probably better off with a special attacking set with surf, ice beam, thunderbolt, heal bell (my favourite, it rocks).

If Rapid Spin goes, Butterfree goes. I am not taking my chances of having no Rapid Spin support. In fact, entry hazards are in high demand in NU, so why the heck would I remove Rapid Spin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)