Tlatecuhtli - Peaked#1

Tlaltecuhtli – Peaked #1​

According to Aztec mythology, the gods Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca were to create the world at the origin of time, before the First era, or sun. But the earthly monster Tlaltecuhtli was destroying everything they were creating. The gods turned themselves into giant serpents and wrapped their bodies around the goddess until they broke her body in two.

The top part of Tlaltecuhtli's body became the earth, mountains and rivers; her hair became trees and flowers; her eyes caves and wells. Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca also gave her the gift of providing humans with whatever they need from her body. However, the Earth Goddess often claims some form of tributes, through human blood, in order to keep producing what humans needs.

Tlaltecuhtli swallows the sun every night and regurgitates it back out in the morning. She swallows the hearts of victims sacrificed to her, so it was common to carve images of her on the bottom of stone boxes in which the hearts and blood of sacrificial victims where placed after being ripped from their bodies.​

Overview:​

When making this team I was really focusing on trying to become as anti-metagame as possible, with my main focus on Arceus-Rock. Of the new Pokémon introduced and preexisting ones being buffed – Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Latios, Latias – Arceus Rock, with sand support, is able to easily beat all of them, if not outright hard counter them. He was also a good counter to the way too overused Extreme Killer, and is not helpless to one of sands arch nemesis – Groudon. From there I built my team, preferring a more defensive build, while still being able to put offensive pressure on my opponent. And now, I present to you: Tlatecuhtli

The Team:​

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Fire Blast

In all honesty, Tyranitar is pretty shitty in the Uber metagame as some of the top threats just rape him, but I will still prefer him any day of the week over Hippowdon as he does have some notable niches. He is able to help deal with spinblockers, along with Excadrill to ensure the onslaught of Ho-Oh is unpreventable. He is able to trap weakened Scarf Kyogre spamming Ice Beam, to help me win the weather war. Honestly, I would not use Tyranitar if he could not summon sand or take annoying crap such as Dark Void so that I do not have to sacrifice another one of my Pokémon. All in all, it is important to try to use Tranitar’s strengths to the best of your ability, like trapping that annoying Latias or Lugia, as otherwise he has very little use in the Ubers metagame because Kyogre and Groudon are just waiting to blast him.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

When making a sand team Excadrill is almost a requirement. He has that blazing speed, and resistant to Extremespeed that makes him an amazing revenge killer, access to Swords Dance (which I hardly ever use), which makes him a deadly sweeper, and finally he is the ultimate rapid spinner. It is mainly his rapid spinning skills along with being an amazing revenge killing skills that I focus on (he has a lot of skills). A reliable rapid spinner is just what Ho-Oh dreams of (yes, Excadrill drills Ho-Oh, that player) and together they have nice offensive synergy. While I often use him as a late game cleaner he is a great check to many of the most notable sweepers in the tier such as the before mentioned Extremekiller and others such as Darkrai.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

I put Latias on my team for one reason and one reason only: bloated whales. This Latias is able to take any attack from Kyogre and (eventually) return with a hard-hitting Dragon Pulse without being completely useless. (I’m looking at you Gastrodon) She carries Substitute over something else potentially useful such as Roar to protect against random shit such as Thunder Wave and so I have a “safe move.” I really only have trouble if my opponent’s team carries some stupid combination such as Kyogre and CB Tyranitar, but even then, I have Substitute to help protect me.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenorator
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Substitute
- Recover
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire

Honestly, I didn’t really want to reveal the EV spread that I use because once you go black you never go back. (if you didn’t get that he leaves the opponent’s team blackened) He is my main sweeper on this team because he really does have not any safe switch-ins, and he is still bulky enough to take random Draco Meteors and Recover off the damage. I decided that it would probably not be best to go Max speed because you are still only sitting at base 90, but I wanted enough defense so that my Subs would not break to even STABed Dragon Tails. With this spread he reaches 404 HP so he can still set up on blobs that are not blue blobs, and then proceed to strike the blue blobs from above. Max attack is nice because you really don’t want your main sweeper to be as weak as shit. Regenerator is just icing on that cake so that if I substitute to scout and then switch out I do not lose any HP.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roar

Dialga wins the prize on my team for being the Pokémon most commonly KIA on my team. (Yes Pokémon DO die in battle; Nurse Joy is just like mom telling you your goldfish that was floating on its back this morning woke up that afternoon) I most commonly use Dialga as my lead so that I can set up Stealth Rock quickly and because he almost is never OHKOed by one attack. Roar is because too many stupid people use Dragon Tail, so people assume their Pokémon behind a Sub is safe. Finally Fire Blast is to destroy Fortress thinking that they can safely set up on Dialga. Dialga is probably one of my favorite Pokémon in Ubers and should be on every team because it really is that useful.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Finally I present to you the reason why I built this team (and the reason why you had to listen to my stupid, pointless, off topic, just flat out annoying rants). Rock Arceus really got a huge boost in the BW2 metagame because he can check and counter sooo many Pokémon. He can beat most of the other Arceus forms in the sand, as that Special Defense boost never becomes so apparent and passive damage is really useful in this situation. He is able to wall from both sides of the spectrum while still providing offensive momentum for my team making him with out a doubt the star of my team.

You probably thought from the title that this was going to be a serious RMT, but I tricked you. Threat list coming when I am not so lazy and do not say this team has an Excadrill weakness, I have a sixth sense for Excadrill and he is cursed to always fail against me.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi ace combat, nice sand team.

As you said, there is a very glaring Excadrill weakness here, as well as to Blaziken and other strong physical attackers, such as Extreme Killer, but that's not as threatening thanks to Will-O-Wisp Rock Arceus.

To fix these issues, I firstly recommend changing Ho-oh's EVs to the Physically Defensive one: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def with an Impish nature. Doing so, will give you a phenomenal check to Blaziken, and can ease off pressure against Extreme Killer + Blaziken teams. In addition, the EVs ensure that Extreme Killer's +2 ExtremeSpeed, Rayquaza's +1 Outrage, Mewtwo's + 1 Psystrike, and Support Groudon's Stone Edge will fail to OHKO.

Secondly, get rid of Dialga. It just makes you even more weak to Blaziken and Excadrill, and you really only use it for Stealth Rock. You can put Stealth Rock > Crunch or Pursuit on Tyranitar; personally I'd go over Crunch because trapping with Pursuit can be helpful sometimes, but it's up to you. I would suggest Giratina over Dialga. You get to troll Choiced Kyogres with Tyranitar, locking them to Ice Beam with Giratina as you switch to Tyranitar and stack up Pursuit and SS damage. Giratina also gives you some insurance against Excadrill as you can simply burn it with Will-O-Wisp or phaze with Roar or Dragon Tail. It also counters Blaziken and Extreme Killer Arceus like they're nothing.

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -AStk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar / Dragon Tail

The choice between Roar and Dragon Tail is up to you; both can work, but Roar is more accurate and phazes Substitute too, whereas Dragon Tail can be used to stack up damage. You can run a more Specially Defensive spread, but since Giratina is mainly used here to tank physical hits, I think it's the best suited one (plus you already have Latias and Ho-oh).

Lastly, I think you should go with Refresh over Substitute on Latias so you will not be 6-0'd by Gliscor, as you can now switch in freely into Thunder Wave and Toxic.

• 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def, Impish on Ho-oh
  • Stealth Rock > Crunch / Pursuit on Tyranitar
  • Giratina > Dialga
  • Refresh > Substitute on Latias

Good luck.

I think the blaziken weakness is quite prominent, and agree with literally everything Furry said.

I would change T-tar's item from lefties to focus sash. This means that you can take some random dracos and other crazy hard hitting moves which are so common in the ubers tier. Also, if you don't use excadrill's swords dance very much, you could replace it with a coverage move: shadow claw or x-scissor. I think shadow claw is a better idea for giratina which resist the other, and other ghosts, while still hitting mewtwo etc hard. That's it

1 on showdown or PO?
Just wondering
Threats
Blaziken
Excadrill
Offensive (paradancer) groudon
Physical attackers in general, especially when arceus dies

Solution: Get rid of dialga. It does not help your synergy very much. Tyranitar doesn't need crunch or fire blast very much. Gliscor is a very cool dude that walls excadrill, groudon, stall, sand, and sun to hell and back. Using him gives you a very good stallbreaker. This still leaves you weak to blaziken so you use giratina over ho-oh to give you a second water resist. With giratina kyogre will be easier to trap. A set with Rest/Sleep Talk/Will-o -Wisp/ and dragon tail should be good. Giratina is a good backup extreme killer check as well. Also what is the point of substitute on latias? With refresh you can block status and beat blobs. Ferrothorn can leech seed you but that is not as important as beating blobs. Even with only 1 SpA boost psyshock will hit them very hard, so you could try that also. A more offensive spread with 204 SpA (OHKO on palkia) could work. Giratina can help take hits from kyogre if you use him.

Sets:

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Taunt

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail/Roar

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP / 204 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock/Refresh
- Recover

Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SpD -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Low Kick
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lefties Tyranitar / SubRoost Ho-Oh / SubCM Latias / LO Drill / Lefties Dialga / CM Arceus Rock

Hey, I've played this team several times and it's pretty strong, but there are some definite improvements you could make.

This team is weak to, in order of importance -

Jolly ExtremeKiller - you have a 37.5% chance of pulling off a successful WoW vs it with Rock Arceus, Excadrill takes very heavy damage from ExtremeSpeed.

RP Groudon - Lum Berry will completely screw you.

Darkrai - not hugely threatening but nothing to take the sleep.

Excadrill - Opposing Excadrill, especially offensive variants, pose a huge threat to almost every single member of this team. Latias can take a hit but won't KO back because of mono-coverage.

Kabutops - Dialga can take one hit, Latias can take one hit - forces out literally everything else. Can sweep you lategame.

You have several options as far as improving your core goes, Dialga is obviously out of place; Tyranitar can set up Stealth Rock and check non-LO Darkrai, why make him out to be so bad when you are not taking advantage of his capabilities?

Tyranitar

move 1: Crunch / Pursuit
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Stealth Rock
item: Lum Berry
ability: Sand Stream
nature: Brave
evs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SpD

You need Superpower to OHKO Darkrai (it's too light for Low Kick), Crunch and Pursuit are interchangeable, but it's nice to be able to actually significantly hurt Latias (Ho-Oh can't check Psyshock Latias, but Tyranitar can) but it's also nice to Pursuit Choice Kyogre locked into Ice Beam.

Now, you face two possible routes, with the free slot given by ditching Dialga one can either use a Skarmory, as it gives you a sturdier ExtremeKiller check, Spikes, an RP Groudon check, Excadrill, and a pinch Kabutops check.

Skarmory
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Whirlwind
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers
ability: Sturdy
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD

Alternatively a physically defensive Giratina-A can be run, as it still provides more insurance vs ExtremeKiller, counters Kabutops (blocks its spin as well), checks Groudon (watch out for double dance Lum Berry), Excadrill busts through you easier than Skarmory, but fears a burn obviously.

Giratina
move 1: Dragon Tail / Will-O-Wisp
move 2: Roar
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
item: Leftovers
ability: Pressure
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)