Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I've been lurking this thread for a long time and have finally decided to sign up.

Anyway, @Geckoboy you get Fighter the Riolu.

It believes it is the best fighter of the world, and as such is only able to use contact moves. For reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Contact#List_of_special_moves_that_make_contact
It wants to prove that it is really strong by fighting every pokemon it encounters until it evolves into Lucario, at which point this restriction is lifted. It wants to show that it is superior to normal types, thus make it solo Cheren in the first gym. Finally, because it believes to be the best fighting type in the world, it has to solo Marshal.

Good Luck.

tldr; -only contact moves
-fight every pokemon as a riolu
-solo Cheren and Marshal

EDIT: this means that as a riolu, it has to take part in every battle, including wild pokemon battles. You should not run from them, even if Riolu does not lead your party (which means you should switch it in). As a rule of thumb: if it gains exp for the fight, it is alright. See this as an advantage, rather than a restricting, as this way, Riolu will evolve into Lucario as soon as possible.

Starting my Platinum! Yay!
@yoshinite take NotPiplup the Chimchar. This Chimchar shares your apparent hatred of Piplups (which I don't understand, they are freaking awesome!), and wants to prove he's better than them. He must always solo your rival's Piplup-line. He must solo all Water- and Steel-types as well (unless they conflict with other challenges), due to Empolon's typing, meaning he must solo Crasher Wake and Byron...Crasher Wake in order to learn Close Combat, and Byron to evolve to Infernape. He must solo 4 E4 pokes and 2 of Cynthia's pokes. GL;HF!

Yoshinite, take Gibbons the Gible. Gibbons can only learn level-up moves, and must
wait until level 47 to evolve into a Gabite. It can never use a Super Effective attack in a trainer battle after it evolves. To evolve into a Garchomp, it must learn and keep Dragon Rush as part of its moveset.

@yoshinite, take Peace the Buizel. Peace believes that Physical moves are for losers, and decides to take the alternative route of only using Special moves (and Status, but it's a Buizel :P). Peace may also never solo a Trainer with more than one Pokèmon.

When Peace evolves into Floatzel, change its nickname to War. War can now only use Physical moves. It also takes a change in heart concerning battling, and as such when it is sent out against a Trainer it must solo the rest of the Trainer's team (unless it contradicts with another chellange).

Yoshinite, you get to have Butch the fearless. This tiny tyke of a Budew just loves to battle and always must be 2 levels higher than anyone else in your party. Before letting this little one evolve she or he must kill 10 Bidoofs since her mother was raped by a Bibarel right in front of her eyes. The tempered anger towards them feeds her hatred and after defeating the tenth Bidoof unlocks her ability to become a Roselia. Once a Roselia she must defeat 10 Bibarel before being able to become a Roserade. GL;HF <3

yoshinite, revive the first Fossil you successfully dig up in the Underground and nickname it either Zuni (Cranidos) or Cephy (Shieldon). Each of these Pokemon was raised by Pokemon of the opposite species (Zuni was raised by Shieldon, and vice versa), and as such they act much more differently than normal.

For example, Zuni became very passive, and as such, it can only know 1 attacking move ASAP, and only use it after being attacked. It must also stay in battle for at least 1 turn when sent in (no, the turn where you switch it in does not count). Don't worry, you can switch Zuni back out after that 1 turn is over. Also, despite being raised by Shieldon, whose pride is defense, Zuni always has trouble properly defending itself, and because of that it can't use Protect.

On the other hand, Cephy became aggressive to the point where its entire moveset must consist of attacking moves, one of which must be Iron Head (if it gets high enough in level). However, all Cranidos know when to run away, and Cephy adopted a simple system to accomodate this: If the enemy is heavier than Cephy (or is a Water, Grass, Ground, Fighting, or Steel-type), it must switch out, but must stay in until either it or its enemy faints in all other cases. (For reference, Shieldon weighs 125.7 lbs and Bastiodon weighs 329.6 lbs.) Also, all Cranidos (except, of course, for Zuni) prove their strength by defeating a powerful enemy, but Cephy will have to make due with soloing a Gym Leader/Rival/Galactic Commander instead. (Notes: You can use items on Cephy during the solo. Also, the above restriction can be ignored for this solo if necessary.

Have fun!

Yoshinite, take Aievengart the Sycther

It has to be either red, yellow or green primarily.

It has to use moves that are STAB boosted when in green health, and not STAB boosted otherwise.

For every pokemon Aievengart faints, eat something. If you faint it with an SE attack, eat something healthy. Else, eat whatever you feel like (preferably something ethically edible

Aievengart must stay the lowest leveled pokemon in your party and can never hold EXP. Share.

Have Aievengart solo one E4 member or the Champion.

Prof Rowan: Hello! Welcome to the Pokemon World! Blah Blah Blah touch this button. Great! Now are you a boy or a girl?
Me: Umm, are you blind or something. I'ma boy and my name is Yoshi.
I choose Barry as my starter and head out.
Skip forward to going out to the tall grass
Prof Rowan: Here are three Pokémon! Choose whichever you like.
Hmm... Turtwig appears to be sitting placidly, munching on some herbs. I look to the right and I see a Chimchar beating up a nearby Piplup. I tell PR I'll choose him.
PR: That one hates Piplups! His name is NotPiplup!
Me: OMG I hate Piplups too!
Barry: I love Piplups!
(Chimchar attacks Barry)
Barry: EEK go Piplup!
(Chimchar destroys Plipup who keeps using Growl)
(Skip forward to Jublife)
???: I'm the Poketch man! Find three clowns and get a Poketch!
Clown 1: Can Pokemon use Items?
Me: Umm idk yes?
Clown 1: Wow you're so smart!
Skip to Poketch Guy!
PG: You now have a Poketch!
Barry loses easily to my over-leveled Chimchar
(Skip to Gym)
Destroy Geodude and Onix
Roark: Go Cranidos!
(This will be easy! First use a AHHH Misclick Ember! He Headbutts. 2 Potions and headbutts later, he's in the killing zone. Thinking he'll heal, I potion! He headbutts. Mach Punch finishes him and I have m first Gym Badge! Hopefully I'll actually catch Pokés in my next Chapter)
EDIT: Whoops forgot to tell you guys NotPiplup is Bold:(

Level 16
-Taunt
-Leer
-Mach Punch
-Ember
NotPiplup was the Definite MVP!!!!!!

Nice start Yoshinite, looking forward to how your scramble will turn out.
Especially tell us all the difficulties you'll encounter!

GL with your challenge.

Reserving a starter for yarnus

EDIT: Yarnus, RNG a number 1-3. Take whatever hide tag that might be...

Take Arrogant the Torchic. This Torchic realizes that he has the most love and is considered the best starter in Hoenn. He is in love with himself. If he is ever under half health, he must be healed ASAP, or he must solo every single trainer all the way through the next gym with only STAB moves, regardless of other challenges. He thinks he's too good to battle with others. He must never participate in a double battle, or he must KO every pokemon on your team until he's the only one left before he can attack your opponents. He must never be put in a PC, and wants to be pampered. This means he must be healed at a Pokemon Center 5 times a day at the minimum. He also wants to prove to everyone that he is the best, so must solo Roxanne to evolve to Combusken, and must solo Winona to evolve to Blaziken. He must solo your rival twice, and solo 4 E4 pokes that he doesn't have a type advantage against.

Take Underrated the Mudkip. This Mudkip believes that he should be regarded as the best starter in Hoenn (Mudkip's my favorite, by the way...). He wants to prove his worth. He must solo every single grass type in the entire game. He must never switch out against any pokemon. He must only use STAB moves to show that he can be great all his own. He must never learn TMs. HMs are fine, because of Surf and Waterfall... He wants to proive he's great by soloing Brawly to evolve into Marshstomp. He must solo Juan to evolve into Swampert. He must solo 4 E4 pokes that he doesn't have a type advantage against.

Take Melancholy the Treecko. This Treecko thinks he's the most terrible pokemon to ever live. He must always be the lowest levelled on your team, and must know 4 TMs/HMs ASAP because he thinks he's not good enough to be great on his own. His final movepool can be changed as much as you want, as long as it is, from the point he learns his 4th TM/HM, that it's always TMs/HMs. You must give him 10 vitamins in order for him to feel helpful, but he doesn't want you to waste money on him. They must all be found on the ground. He can't evolve until he takes 10 vitamins found on the ground. Once he takes his 10th vitamin, he feels much better. He must evolve immediately and be renamed Strong. He feels like he can do anything now, and must solo every single trainer through the next gym, including the gym leader, regardless of other challenges. You can't just give him his 10th vitamin immediately before a gym, however...he must take every single vitamin immediately after you find it. Once he's a Grovyle, he must solo Norman to evolve into Sceptile*. He must solo 4 E4 pokes he doesn't have a type advantage against.

*If he evolves to Grovyle after Norman, he must still solo Norman. He can evolve ASAP into Sceptile after he evolves to Grovyle, however.

GL;HF! If they're too hard/too easy, I can change them. #3 might be a bit too hard...

Yarnus, take a Wynaut/Wobbuffet. Solo one gym leader of your choice, and all the trainers in Victory Road, no backtracking. No other restrictions.

I'd like an emerald scramble. Make it very hard, but not impossible. I'm a wimp, so no Struggle or death related scrambles.
GUESS WHO'S BACK?!?!?!!?!?

Take Random the Makiuta. Teach it Metronome ASAP. Must max out Metronome's PP ASAP. Must use Metronome first when it comes out. Must solo the 8th gym. Solo one of the 8th GL's pokemon with only Metronome (Cannot be Luvdisk). Solo an E4 member as well with the same restrictions as the GL. Have Fun :D

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for Yarnus.

very hard, but not impossible
Take Bounce the Azurill. Yes, Azurill.

When this Azurill came out of its egg, it was filled with so much energy that it just did nothing but bounce around. Because of this, whenever you try to use an item on it, it bounces out of reach. Thus, you cannot use any items on it (held or otherwise), including TMs and HMs. Furthermore, whenever you try and put it into battle, it just bounces around so much that it cannot use the same move twice in a row.

After it evolves into a Marill, its energy supply is somewhat lessened. However, it still cannot use any items, although the second restriction is taken away.

Finally, when it evolves into an Azumarill, it must solo a Gym Leader to use up the last bit of its energy. After this, it can use TMs and HMs, but no other items.

Solo any one Elite Four member to finish off your Challange.

Oh, and no, you can't skip the Azurill stage.

GL;HF! ;~;

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yarnus of Bethany gets Run! the Zigzagoon.

Run! likes to run, & all Run! likes to do is to run as fast as it can. Run! must run away from all Wild Battles in which it is on the field. Additionally, when Run! is under 50% HP at the start of a turn during a trainer battle, Run! becomes a chicken & may not attack at all. Run! must solo 15 Trainers to evolve.

Have fun.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Requesting a Challenge Mode Scramble for White 2.

• White Version 2 (Challenge Mode)
  • Will only trade to evolve.
  • Nothing stupid please, this is challenge mode after all. I do know what a stupid challenge looks like.
  • While I am on the subject, I would prefer that you guys keep solos to a minimum - I would prefer if I can formulate my own tactics for the major battles instead of trying generally hard one pokemon sweeps, especially given this is on hard mode already.
  • While a Starter is not necessary, I require at least one Scramblemon before the first badge.
  • Challenges take priority over reservations - The last thing I want to see is to open this thread, thinking that someone is giving me a challenge, only to see that someone has reserved & then signed off for hours.
  • None of the Snivy, Azurill, Mareep, Growlithe, Timburr, & Axew lines please - I used them in my Black 2 run through, & would prefer something different.
That is it. While this is a Challenge Mode Scramble, do take in mind that this is not supposed to be the Hardest Scramble Challenge Ever, far from it. Otherwise, just read the stipulations before going nuts, but I do expect some maturity when giving out challenges.

• Snivy -> Sewaddle: Link - Sprocket
  • Koffing (0MagSlag): Link - King Serperior
  • Darumaka (Reckless): Link - rlyn99
  • Psyduck (Furious): Link - Present
  • Magnemite (Shy): Link - inanimate blob
  • Lillipup (Rover): Link - Pika25

Its_A_Random, take a Venipede, and name it Singed. This Venipede loves to spin around, leave poison, and basically be a dick to everyone. You must obtain Singed as early as the game allows (I don't know exactly how early, only at Chargestone cave in my Black 2), and it must poison every trainer pokemon you battle after you catch it, other then Poison types, Steel Types, and pokemon with Immunity. Obviously, if you don't have a move that can poison, you don't have to poison everything until you do.

Have fun with your incredibly overleveled Venipede!

EDIT: Thought I would mention the next Ruby update while I'm at it. I am about 75% done with it and it will be done as soon as my homework lets up.

In other words: Soon (TM)

(does anyone here get that joke help)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Its_A_Random, your starter is a Snivy. As soon as possible, you must capture a female Sewaddle and use it in place of Snivy. Sewaddle cannot be used against Pokemon that under-level her. Good luck!

• Nothing stupid please, this is challenge mode after all. I do know what a stupid challenge looks like.
  • While I am on the subject, I would prefer that you guys keep solos to a minimum - I would prefer if I can formulate my own tactics for the major battles instead of trying generally hard one pokemon sweeps, especially given this is on hard mode already.
  • While a Starter is not necessary, I require at least one Scramblemon before the first badge.
  • Challenges take priority over reservations - The last thing I want to see is to open this thread, thinking that someone is giving me a challenge, only to see that someone has reserved & then signed off for hours.
  • None of the Snivy, Azurill, Mareep, Growlithe, Timburr, & Axew lines please - I used them in my Black 2 run through, & would prefer something different.
That is it. While this is a Challenge Mode Scramble, do take in mind that this is not supposed to be the Hardest Scramble Challenge Ever, far from it. Otherwise, just read the stipulations before going nuts, but I do expect some maturity when giving out challenges.
Take 0MagSlag the Koffing. Koffing is a guy (Male) who is very frustrated that people seem to think that Magnemite is the better Mon. As such, you must have 4 moves of different types ASAP. By the time you reach the E4, one move must be a TM/HM move, one must be a Tutor move, and one must be a LV-up move.

If you have a Steel-pokemon on your team, 0MagSlag must be no less than 3 levels higher that it. If you have an Electric-pokemon on your team, 0MagSlag must know 3 Poison moves (This overwites the above restriction of different moves).

EDIT: once 0MagSlag learns a move that can damage Magnemite, it must solo all trainer Owned Magnemite lines.

This seems tough, but it actually isn't :)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
not supposed to be the Hardest Scramble Challenge Ever, far from it
I do expect some maturity when giving out challenges.
Take BackStab the Gligar.

BackStab is exactly as its name sounds - although you might love it and shower affection on it, it soon turns around to mess up your day. This backstabbing comes in the form of the following:
  • BackStab will force Reckless the Darumaka to swap in to all Water attacks aimed at it, and Sprocket's Sewaddle to swap in to all Ice attacks aimed at it.
  • In every Double Battle you enter, it will not attack the opponent unless it has no other allies on its own side.
  • Every time BackStab faints, it goes into your backpack and tosses out P5000 worth of items from both your items and medicine pockets. That's P5000 each, by the way.
  • Before BackStab can evolve, it must faint Hugh (or other nickname)'s, Cheren's and Bianca's Pokemon at least 5 times.

Have a nice day! :>

Take Reckless the Darumaka. Reckless the Darumaka must learn recoil moves or moves that have a negative side effect(E.g. Superpower; Hyper Beam). Reckless can only be given healing items during battle. Reckless must also be in the first slot for the entirety of the desert route and resort, and must defeat every wild Pokemon it faces. You may not use repels at that stage. Reckless must solo every Doctor or Nurse it meets, with a recoil move. Once Reckless has fainted itself through recoil damage 5 times, it may evolve.

reserving for XAkaviri

edit:

Take Tired the Slowpoke. Judging by its name, this Slowpoke is very tired, and can't be bothered to move much at all. It is so tired that it must now yawn at all times and use it at the start of every battle it participates in. After that, Tired can't be made to move much, as it wants to sleep. Moves with high base powers make it even more tired, so it can only use moves of 75 BP and below, including stab. When it knocks an opponent out, it must be switched out, as it is mentally very challenges to knock someone out. Attacking in itself is very tiring, so it must know one other not-damaging move besides yawn all the time. (this is allowed to be surf for hm, but can never be used in a battle).
When it evolves, all energy it has flows out and it does not want to attack opponents with a damaging move twice in a row, so alternate between damaging and not-damaging moves. All restrictions as a slowpoke still count.

tldr; -catch a Slowpoke with yawn
- use yawn at the start of every battle
- moves with max 75 BP including stab
- switch out after KO'ing opponent
- one other non-damaging move (or hm not able to use in battle)
- upon evolving, can't use damaging moves twice in a row

GL and if it is too easy / hard, just tell me

reserving for Its-A-Random

Its-A-Random, you get Furious the Psyduck

Unlike other psyducks, this one feels really revengeful towards opponents. Other than that, it is also very mean. This psyduck uses its body to harm the opponent, and can therefore only use physical attacking moves in battle. Its revengeful natures shows through Psyduck's will to scratch the opponent. It must know scratch and replace it with fury swipes, which it must keep at all times. It is so mean, that it must always try to disable the opponents move after they attack you. To evolve and temper it, you must solo a certain number of trainers of your choice with fury swipes. It is your own choice how many you want to defeat, but defeating more will lift restrictions. Keep in mind that during his solo's, he can only use scratch / fury swipes and disable, unless the restriction is lifted.

-after soloing 5 trainers: Psyduck does not have to use disable anymore
-after soloing 10 trainers: Psyduck gains the ability to evolve Psyduck into Golduck
-after soloing 15 trainers: Psyduck / Golduck gains the ability to use special moves
-after soloing 20 trainers: Psyduck / Golduck does not have to use scratch / fury swipes anymore

PS: You can chose the trainers you want to solo yourself, so he does not have to do any gym leaders / major battles (which you said you did not want to solo)

tldr; - catch Psyduck
- do not use special moves
- learn disable and scratch / fury swipes ASAP
- use disable after opponent has attacked you
- do solo's with disable and scratch / fury swipes to lift restrictions and evolve

GL if it is too easy / hard, just tell me

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
9.9 you all.
Its_A_Random, take a Venipede, and name it Singed. This Venipede loves to spin around, leave poison, and basically be a dick to everyone. You must obtain Singed as early as the game allows (I don't know exactly how early, only at Chargestone cave in my Black 2), and it must poison every trainer pokemon you battle after you catch it, other then Poison types, Steel Types, and pokemon with Immunity. Obviously, if you don't have a move that can poison, you don't have to poison everything until you do.

Have fun with your incredibly overleveled Venipede!
This would be classified as one of those stupid boring challenges that would only be accepted if this was the Hardest Scramble Challenge ever, & given you can get this after the first badge & it has Poison Sting when you know it, this is the sort of challenge I do not want to see. Also, challenge conflicts central here. Try again.
Its_A_Random, your starter is a Snivy. As soon as possible, you must capture a female Sewaddle and use it in place of Snivy. Sewaddle cannot be used against Pokemon that under-level her. Good luck!
Okay, so you must be hell bent on seeing me suffer at the hands of Cheren's Pidove...At least it has no Flying Moves...I might accept this, but it depends on what else I get, definitely if I get something else I can use against Cheren...And Hugh's Tepig...Also 9.9 you making me use Snivy again...
Take 0MagSlag the Koffing. Koffing is a guy (Male) who is very frustrated that people seem to think that Magnemite is the better Mon. As such, you must have 4 moves of different types ASAP. By the time you reach the E4, one move must be a TM/HM move, one must be a Tutor move, and one must be a LV-up move.

If you have a Steel-pokemon on your team, 0MagSlag must be no less than 3 levels higher that it. If you have an Electric-pokemon on your team, 0MagSlag must know 3 Poison moves (This overwites the above restriction of different moves).

This seems tough, but it actually isn't :)
Yeah, this seems fine. Accepted.
Take BackStab the Gligar.

BackStab is exactly as its name sounds - although you might love it and shower affection on it, it soon turns around to mess up your day. This backstabbing comes in the form of the following:
  • BackStab will force Reckless the Darumaka to swap in to all Water attacks aimed at it, and Sprocket's Sewaddle to swap in to all Ice attacks aimed at it.
  • In every Double Battle you enter, it will not attack the opponent unless it has no other allies on its own side.
  • Every time BackStab faints, it goes into your backpack and tosses out P5000 worth of items from both your items and medicine pockets. That's P5000 each, by the way.
  • Before BackStab can evolve, it must faint Hugh (or other nickname)'s, Cheren's and Bianca's Pokemon at least 5 times.

Have a nice day! :>
I cannot accept this, on the basis that the evolution requirement is impossible, given I can only trade-evolve. You only get to team up with Cheren once on the Plasma Frigate in Driftveil. You only get to partner Bianca once in Reversal Mountain. Gligar is first obtainable on Route 11, which is after both of those events. Moreover, the requirement stipulates that I must faint at least five pokemon from all three trainers. Try again.
Take Reckless the Darumaka. Reckless the Darumaka must learn recoil moves or moves that have a negative side effect(E.g. Superpower; Hyper Beam). Reckless can only be given healing items during battle. Reckless must also be in the first slot for the entirety of the desert route and resort, and must defeat every wild Pokemon it faces. You may not use repels at that stage. Reckless must solo every Doctor or Nurse it meets, with a recoil move. Once Reckless has fainted itself through recoil damage 5 times, it may evolve.
This challenge seems fine to me. Accepted.

Okay, so I have...
-0MagSlag the Koffing
-Reckless the Darumaka
-Sewaddle (Depends on other challenges... :S)

Three more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)