Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Some weird shit I found: (Spoilers because wayyyy too big)

Here's what wiki says:

Diamond only appears in the bottom 16 layers of the map.
o__0

And also superflat glitch:

And finally, the minecraft forums asked to post the scariest non-edited screenshot we could make, for a contest:

Hunger Games will be played on a 1.4.2 server.

We have decided to be reasonable about this and the server will be on 1.4.2. If you wanna have 1.4 vanilla mods, apparently you do not need to update to play on a 1.4.2 server so that is your call.

1.4.2 has Optifine and Better Sprinting, so if that's all you care for, you should be good.

Hope people come out in droves, the map is pretty cool :>

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just in case people were wondering:

The OO:SOS server is currently running 1.4.2. However, until bukkit comes out with a recommended build for 1.4.2, and not a developer build as is currently out, we won't be updating past 1.3.1. I would recommend those of you who don't already have it, get Magic Launcher. Once you have that, if you wish to update to 1.4.2 for single player or other multiplayer servers, you can rename the minecraft.jar file and set up a separate loadout for jar files within Magic Launcher, with compatible mods and all. There are tutorials for that around if you don't know how to swap/find your .jar file.

Just in case people were wondering:

The OO:SOS server is currently running 1.4.2. However, until bukkit comes out with a recommended build for 1.4.2, and not a developer build as is currently out, we won't be updating past 1.3.1. I would recommend those of you who don't already have it, get Magic Launcher. Once you have that, if you wish to update to 1.4.2 for single player or other multiplayer servers, you can rename the minecraft.jar file and set up a separate loadout for jar files within Magic Launcher, with compatible mods and all. There are tutorials for that around if you don't know how to swap/find your .jar file.
For the record, you can use MultiMC as well. That has MCNostalgia built into it, so you can downgrade really easily. And surprisingly, it has snapshots too.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
concurring with the salai lama

ps there is zero activity on smogcraft so dont even give me that "BUT I DIDNT FINISH X PROJECT" crap

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be posting the map as a download once we are done completely, also please don't go destroying other peoples stuff just yet. We will make that call in time.

Also: Bukkit does take a while to update, take that as you will.

It hurts a bit. I'll post a screenshot later.

But I'm okay with it. 0 activity is indeed a problem, and that will change in 1.4.3.

We should also come up with some new rules:
1) If you spawn the Wither in a public area and fail to control / kill it: Ban.
2) Don't kill the Dragon. We'll do it in a community event once we have enough materials to build an Endermen grinder.
3) Don't destroy spawners of any kind :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)