Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

This core is great, taking out a majority off threats under Trick Room, this core is based on the famous OU core ConkelReuni, and it is incredibly strong. Duosion can setup on a lot off defensive mons like Probopass, Amoonguss, Alomomola etc. and Gurdurr just wrecks everything called Rock/Steel/Normal/Flying/Grass, this core needs more use because it can counter the best mons in the tier under TR, TR is also very underused due to Skuntank and Absol, but both can be easely played around. The team can also be used used on a none TR team as late game sweepers or mid game sweepers wrecking defensive teams by ease.​

EDIT: Fixed HP Bug to Signal Beam thx SweetJ

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
And another double post but it's for a good cause: reviving a dead thread.

A while ago I was wondering wtf could the other category could contain and when I discovered this combo, I thought I might post it there.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly/Adamant Nature
IVs: 8 HP
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

You can put any sawk and alomomla set really just make sure alomomola has a max hp wish and sawk has half it's hp +1. I still suggest having stone-edge since this combo does not work if hazards are on the field and armaldo might live a CC. Jolly can be considered over adamant for this combo since gardevoir is something you could want sawk to outspeed.

The point of this core is pretty simple. alomomola is often seen as a huge loss in momentum and is extremly easy to set up on. Sawk is the total opposite of this and is a great anti-stealth rock lead which should not be on the field for this combo to work. the idea is simple, as long as sturdy is intact, alomomola will always heal sawk back to full health and back to sturdy range on the switch. This requires to learn how to use alomomola however. For a better success, you should always consider using wish on the turn alomomola comes in as the opponent is likely to switch into a counter against which you can switch into sawk who will tank any hit, get healed back to sturdy range and retaliate with a BAM.

This combo works well in combination with something to kill amoonguss since sawk won't kill him, nore will he take spore too well (a psychic will also kill weezing who counters the combo as well). I could suggest my gothorita set in my RMT since it will trap them for good and works as a decent special wall along with alomomola.

Gothorita (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Reflect

Finaly, watch out for multi hits that aren't rock blast and moldbreaker. Countering volt switch should also be considered.

This is a new Defensive core I've been testing, I needed something that could consistently counter & check Sub Bulk Up Braviary and still be usable on a regular team and this is what I came up with. This Core also makes a good Cinccino check (the current most used pokemon in the tier).

Weezing and Probopass cover each others weakness quite well. Probopass resist Weezing's only weakness to Psychic while Weezing resist Probopass's Fighting weakness and is immune to Probopass's ground weakness, the only exception is the rare Mold Breaker Pinsir with Earthquake.

This core isn't perfect with a vulnerability to special water types such as Gorebyss, Ludicolo and the odd Samurott so a water resist or immune partner to this core is appreciated, examples are Re-generator Alomomola, Water Absorb Seismitoad, Ludicolo... etc, basically a solid water, grass or dragon type but be-careful of ice moves.

Another problem with this core is lack of reliable healing as they both are reliant to on Painsplit so a Wish user helps the core a lot, Alomomola is a good partner as she takes care of this core water weakness and can pass wishes. Other Options are Audino and Lickylicky etc...

Another Pokemon that can break this core is the uncommon Stunfisk as he attacks on the special side easily dispatching Weezing and Probopass having a quad weakness to earth power.

Weezing @ Leftovers / Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
Evs: 252HP/252Def/4SpAtk
Nature: Bold
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb
-Thunderbolt / Clear Smog / Haze

The set used for walling physical threats and while having the option to punish switch in that is core is weak too. Pain split and will o wisp is the bread and butter of this set for physical walling. Sludge bomb/Sludge Wave is for the mandatory stab. Sludge wave is preferable for the extra power but I've gotten lucky from the poison damage before. Thunder bolt is really only there to punish water types switch in that can dismantle this core while Ludicolo is still hit hard by Sludge Wave. Clear Smog & haze can be used if you don't want to be set up bait for sweepers.

Although Weezing is a good defensive wall, it can be easily 2hko by come choice band user such as Rampardos or Guts/Toxic Boost pokemon such as Ursaring and Zangoose so be wary of them

Probopass @ Leftovers
Evs: 252HP/252SpD/4SpAtk
Nature: Calm
-Power Gem
-Toxic / Thunderwave
-Volt Switch
-Pain Split / Stealth Rock

Power Gem is the main choice of Stab to check Sub Bulk Up Braviary, Thunder wave or Toxic depends on what status your team needs. Volt Switch again is there to deal damage on predicted Water types switch ins and to keep your momentum. Pain split is a option keep your Probopass healthy. Stealth Rock is there if you don't have any other member to set it up.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@kniteowl

I think that your Probopass's set should have Toxic as the main slash as without it, it's not beating SubBU Braviary. Mention that your core doesn't deal with DD Taunt Fraxure or Psychic-type Pokemon such as Gardevoir, Exeggutor, Beheeyem, and even Musharna. I don't think that Pain Split should really be a slash as trying to get another Stealth Rock user will usually compound weaknesses a lot unless you want to force yourself to use SR Torterra, which still makes you weak to Gorebyss, Samurott, and Ludicolo.

^ Fair enough for Toxic as the first slash, although Paralysis does cripple Braviary, one fully Paralysis moment and it's down.

Aren't all defensive core weak to taunt in general, although Fraxure does get Mold Breaker, it doesn't learn earthquake to smack around Weezing.

Yeah I totally forgot about the psychics carrying Focus Blast, except for Musharna which can break this core with heal bell alone. Exeggutor can be worked around if you can predict it comming in and smacking it with a super effect Sludge Wave.

Although most Stealth Rock users in the Tier do compound weaknesses, I'd still slash it in because you might be able to fit it in there with say Water Absorb Seismitoad or Storm Drain Cradily or something else. Cradily may compound your fighting weakness but you can always have another fighting resist/immunity on your team.

Ah well this core ain't perfect but it was fun to play around with, decent at best, medicore at worse, at least from my experience. It works at what it's trying to do though

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is a simple defensive combination consisting of a physical wall and a special wall. Most special attackers like Exeggutor or Rotom-S that eat Alomomola up can be handled nicely by Regice while Alomomola can take care of powerful physical attackers such as Emboar and Gurdurr. Regice has the added bonus of being able to absorb annoying status aimed at Alomomola and enjoys the huge wishes that the later passes to it.

Obviously, this core is not perfect. Stealth Rock is an Annoyer since it reduces Regice' ability to wall things such as Ludicolo and Gorebyss by having it take a fourth of its health everytime it comes in. Physical attackers that can beat Alomomola—such as Sawsbuck—or special attackers that can beat Regice—like Charizard—are also capable of muscling through this combo. Choice Band Sawk can 2HKO Alomomola, so a sturdy Fighting-type resist, which everyteam should have, is a good partner for this core. Other teammates to consider are Regirock, which beats most Fire-types, Torkoal, who has excellent type synergy with the core and can spin away hazards, or Misdreavus, which acts as an aforementioned Fighting-type switch-in and can use Heal Bell to wake up Regice and support Alomomola.

Sawk @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge / Reversal

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Night Slash / Shadow Claw

Strong. That is the first word that comes to mind with this core. As two of the best wallbreakers in the tier, Zangoose and Sawk sport excellent offensive synergy with each other. Neither of them really have any trouble to 2HKO some of the best physical walls in this tier such as Alomomola and Tangela after Stealth Rock. Their above-average speed allows them to outspeed and OHKO many offensive pokemon such as Samurott, Emboar, or Absol. The two together don't really have any counters (except for champ yamask i think that's it lol) and both mons work together so they can just spam their STAB moves and leave a sloppy mess for another teammate to clean with such as Ludicolo or Swellow. They really work well with a Dark-type such as Skuntank or Absol so they can spam their STAB moves all day long since they get rid of annoying Psychic and Ghost-types. This core also has trouble with some faster mons such as Haunter or Cinccino so try getting rid of those. This isn't a huge issue since these guys should just try getting a switch into something like Emboar and rip teams apart.

One of the strongest cores I've used in a while. Try to keep Sawk's Studry intact at all times so he can tank a hit which is really important when using an offensive core like this. (PS also wrecks FLCL's core in ^ post ehuehue)

Mixed Core

Regirock@leftover
Trait: Clear Body
Evs: 252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Stealth Rocks
-Thunder Wave
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch/ Stone Edge

Exeggutor@ Choice Specs
Trait: Chlorophyll
Evs: 132 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 124 Sp
Naure Modes
-Leaf Storm
-Psychic
-Hp Ice
-Sleep Powder/ HYPER BEAM

I have had a lot of success with this core and its fairly easy to play with out much prediction skill. I usually lead with Regi fire off a t-wave and then set up SR, once that is done it is fairly easy to switch into Exeggutor because Eggy resit 4 out of 5 Regi's weakness with the 5th one being steal which is pretty rare. I prefer Ice Punch over Stone edge to take care of Golurk and the better accuracy helps stop stuff like Baton passing ninjask. Exeggutor extremely powerful with choice specs and can ohko both Alomomola and Amoongus. HYPER BEAM can be used instead of sleep powder because most of Eggys opponents will be paralyzed and its the strongest move ever! jk

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Their is a ceartin core I have been using since BW2s release and Its:

RapiSerpBoar!(Offensive Core)​

Rapidash @ Choice Band
Trait: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
252 Spe/252 Atk/4 Hp
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Megahorn/Batton Pass

+
Emboar @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
Adamant Nature
252 HP/248 Atk/8 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Head Smash

+
Serperior @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
Timid/Modest Nature
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Hp
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice/Fire​

Goddamn,I love this core.Ive used this a LOT and I peaked #1 on PO during the exact release of BW2 (I dont have a screenshot though so D:).The point of this Core is to break down the opposing team with powerfull CB hits from Emboar and Rapiash and spikes support so much that Serperior or any other cleaner on the the team can finish off the rest of the opponents team. Here are the pokemon and their roles:

- Rapidash
Rapidashes role is to break down HO because it is superfast unlike emboar(base 105 is boss) and has a solid attack (base 100) further boosted by a choice band.Rapidash outspeeds and beats most stuff that road blocks Emboar simply because of speed,And also Supports Serperior in the form of Flash Fire and belive me when I say a flash fire CB Flare Blitz from a Rapiash is nothing to scoff at.

-Serperior
Since Alomamola is such a roadblock to Rapidash.Serperior is REALLY usefull as SubCM Serp sets up ALL OVER alomamola and can potentialy set up a sweep if It does.Serperiors role in this core is to cover the weaknesses made by Emboar + Rapidash.And sweep off of the holes made by Rapidash and Emboar.

- Emboar
Emboars role in the core is too Break down walls that Rapidash cant musscle through and break down Stall and HyperStall to the point where Serperior or Rapidash can clean.Emboar also boasts 110 Hp and 123 Attack 2 amazing attributes that make it worth using on this core and also Boasts,like Rapidash Great offensive and defensive synergy with Serperior,And Boasts exelant offensive synergy with Rapidash.

Idk Why nobody has posted this one yet. Even though I am posting this a while after this discussion started... Well here's the core:

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Roselia @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest
- Giga Drain

Roselia Is weak To flying, psychic, Ice, and fire. Alomomola resists Ice, steel, fire, and water. The biggest weakness (possibly the obly weakness) to this core is psychic. All Psychics in NU are special meaning the deal heavy damage to alomomola and can hit roselia for super effective damage. As long as your team has a dark type or a something to counter psychics you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)