Rocking with Kabutops!

Hello, Me again with my Second RMT, (with Another Terrible team).

殺人者! (Archeops) (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Archeops is great, its ability doesn't stop it (Much) from killing at least one Pokemon. No Hp Ev's along with a 31 HP IV Stat allows me to be at 51% after switching into Stealth Rock twice.

Acrobatics along with a Flying Gem is bound to hit everything in RU quite hard, except those who resist it. Stone Edge KO'es Moltres, and hits Entei pretty hard, whereas Earthquake round off the coverage, U-turn is for momentum.

He gets rid of almost anything slower than it, which makes it pretty great for an offensive rain team, especially with things like CB Escavalier, Nidoqueen, QD Lilligant (Provided you avoided sleep, and is at +0), And Moltres. (Stone Miss is a bit inaccurate though).

駆逐艦! (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet/Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance/Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Well, this is my most debated Pokemon on my team, and for the sole reason of spinning. Should I ditch Aqua Jet for Rapid Spin? Or ditch Swords Dance,and go for an all-out-attacker with Rapid Spin, it's just troublesome, anyway..

Kabutops' main job is to punch holes and revenge kill in the rain. It hits an astonishing 518 speed in the rain, allowing it to outspeed most non-scarfed Pokemon.

It has great synergy with Uxie, as it can afford to set up in dual screens and turn 2HKO's into OHKO's with SR and Aqua Jet. But, due to Life Orb, Its always on a timer, meaning it has to dominate and grab as many kills/ steal the momentum, as quick as possible.

My Lawn (Rotom-Mow) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Rain Dance
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-C is part of my Rain Setting Core, which it does pretty well, to be fair.

The Ev's give it decent bulk, but I am proposing for a bulkier spread, What do you guys think?

Rain Dance is self explanatory, Leaf Storm Dents most things hard, while Volt Switch can bluff a scarf set along with stealing momentum, and WoW can support the team by weakening physical attackers like Gallade and Crawdaunt. (Leaf Storm Nails Crawdaunt though).

Troll (Ludicolo) (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam

You remember Ludicolo, well he's up for another round in BW2 RU. The Second Part of my Damp Rock Core.

Damp Rock Gives rain 8 Turns, which is a lot to work with already, And works well with Giga Drain as Ludicolo has no Recovery. Hydro Pump is For Power, but Surf is a Viable alternative. Ice Beam rounds off the coverage, by hitting Lilligant and Druddrigon super effectively.

Wall (Uxie) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

While Uxie might not be setting up the rain: It has an important job as a supporter, Setting up "Screens" which last for 8 Turns, along with the Omnipresent Stealth Rock. It has a lot to live up to, Physically Defensive allows it to live things like, CB Escavalier's Megahorn while in Reflect, or Scyther's Aerial Ace. U-turn grabs momentum and forms the Volt-Turn Combo with Rotom-C, which allows me to make setup Faster, and taking momentum easier.

Lancer (Escavalier) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Toxic

The final member of the Rain Team, The Special Tank.

While one might not see it due to its overwhelming Base 135 Attack, and mostly used as a Choice Bander, it can function as a great Special Pivot, due to its typing and the Rain.

Megahorn deals a decent amount of damage to RU Pokemon even without investment, and Iron Head is for those stuff who resist Bug, and packs perfect accuracy, while Knock Off, takes away Eviolites, Scarves, Bands, Life Orbs, Etc, making it extensively useful for things like Munchlax and the like.

Toxic is just there to Cripple things like Moltres (on the switch in).

I would suggest using Rapid Spin over Waterfall. Aqua Jet gives your team much needed priority and hits hard at +2 and in rain.

Hello there, StarmieLazer. Nice team you got there! I agree with morningsun in the fact that you should ditch Waterfall for Rapid Spin, as you already have aqua jet to hit hard in rain, and Rapid Spin is VERY useful, especially with Archeops in your team. Keeping that in mind, another suggestion I will make is to put Roost somewhere on Archeops, as soon as it gets hit and its health goes below 50%, it will be dead weight on your team.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hiya, this is a nice Rain Dance team ^_^

I have some suggestions that can make your team more efficient in bringing your watery revenge!

First, on Uxie changing the EV spread is ideal, as the one present now gets hit first and doesn't oddspeed enough Pokemon. Changing the EVs does mean that Uxie will not be able to take hits as well, but the advantages of outspeeding certain threats like Moltres, Entei, and Drapion can make a difference and with the proper screen up it doesn't matter much anyway. So a spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe & Jolly ensures that Uxie gets the best blend of Speed and durability.

Second, Escavalier's set isn't the best, as it can really take advantage of rain thanks to its 4x Fire-type weakness; Escavalier can also set up Rain Dance! Escavalier's specific advantages lead it to be an excellent rain inducer, as you can't have too many, also with the other changes it works perfectly!

Escavalier @ Damp Rock
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Rain Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Sleep Talk

I think the moveset is self-explanatory: Damp Rock + Rain Dance is to prolong rain as long as possible; Megahorn and Iron Head are two STABs that are great to have; Sleep Talk allows you to take Spores and Sleep Powders from Smergles, and Tangrowths, so your team isn't inhibited. The EVs ensure that Escavalier has the best special bulk possible, it can take a Fire Blast in the rain and live to tell the tale!

Third, Ludicolo's moveset is a bit underpowered as Life Orb is missing. Damp Rock does ensure that when Ludicolo sets up rain it'll stay up, but Ludicolo doesn't have the defensive prowess or ability that others have; also Ludicolo has awesome offensive power, so it would much rather attack. To help maximize Ludicolo's offensive power, Life Orb is better, as then Ludicolo will get the close KOs that it would otherwise miss, although Ludicolo does wear down faster due to recoil, but one can't win everything. Surf is better for Ludicolo as a miss could spell disaster. Rain Dance can stay to help bring up rain if needed, but I think Focus Blast is better; it hits Clefable and Ferroseed for super effective damage and the latter utterly tanks all your hits so taking it down is needed, otherwise it will annoy you with Spikes and Leech Seed.

During Rain Dance, every turn matters so wasting a turn setting up could end up biting you. It would be awesome if Kabutops can easily set up a Swords Dance, but turns are easily wasted and Kabutops has a hard time doing so, and needs to spin, and it can only do so much. For this reason, I suggest 4 Attacks Kabutops, which means getting rid of Swords Dance, so the end result is Waterfall / Aqua Jet / Rapid Spin / Stone Edge. Also, this is a matter of preference but Rock Slide is an option to hit more than Stone Edge, and the flinch rate could save when in a bind.

Lastly, I find Archeops out of place on the team as with Stealth Rock on the field, it becomes useless and doesn't benefit from rain, either. Additionally, I think that there is a lack of a go-to rain inducer; a Pokemon that you can always count on to set up rain in almost any situation. Escavalier is too slow and Rotom isn't the fastest either, to help solve this I suggest Volbeat. Prankster allows Volbeat to 'outspeed' everything and set up rain, so then you team will be faster and stronger then the opponent. Volbeat can also be a lifesaver with priority Encore stopping setup sweepers such as Cosmic Power Sigilyph or Calm Mind Cresselia. Substitute can get even better as Ludicolo or Kabutops behind a Substitute can get two hits in before having to switch out.

Volbeat @ Damp Rock | Prankster
Bold | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Hope I helped~

Uxie -> 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe & Jolly

Escavalier -> Rain Dance Supporter

Ludicolo -> Surf
-> Focus Blast

Kabutops -> 4 Attacks

->

Archeops -> Volbeat

EDIT: If you wanna contribute more with RU rain, drop by here ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)