Neutrino

Improving upon my previous team, Team Freezernova, I have now decided to make some changes in members and EV distribution. This team relies on much of the same sun-based tactics of it's predecessor, except with more emphasis on entry hazards, which my team(s) previously struggled with. Overall, I believe I have created my best sun team as of yet! (Changes are in bold.)

Weather Inducer/Entry Hazard Lead

Groudon: Impish @ Leftovers
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 spD
Earthquake | Stealth Rock | Fire Punch | Roar

Groudon is a returning pokemon from my previous team with different EV placement and the addition of Roar for Dragon Tail and T-Wave switched for Fire Punch. Earthquake is so I don't get screwed by Taunt. Earthquake is enough to 2HKO standard Darkrai. I was thinking about going Lum but I weighed the benefits of HP restoration vs first turn status and I ended up going with the HP. Stealth rock makes Reshiram's enemies ripe for the picking. The prehistoric monter also helps take care of Zekrom and rock types that threaten Reshiram.

The Main Sweeper

Reshiram: Modest @ Choice Specs
4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
Blue Flare | Draco Meteor | Dragon Pulse | Focus Blast

The core and the very reason I made this team. I switched my Life Orb with a Choice Specs from last team for more power. Personally, I continue to believe that with sun support, this is the best sweeper in Ubers right now. With proper EVs, it ties a large group of users in speed except for a select few, and it's dual stabs get neutral coverage on every pokemon in the game. Dragon Pulse serves as a consistent and powerful STAB while Draco Meteor is a hit and run coverage bomb. The sun that backs up it’s already decimating Blue Flare is unbelievable. 2HKO'ing Eviolite Chansey (+ stealth rock)... *sniff-sniff*... just so beautiful.

The Kyogre Counter

Latias: Timid @ Soul Dew
EVs: 112 HP | 204 SpA | 192 Spe
Calm Mind | Dragon Pulse | Tailwind | Roost

The Latis have once again been shoved away from OU completely and right back into the treacherous Uber tier. However, this decision was well made, and for one reason. Soul Dew. Yes, this infamous item provides Latios and Latias with a free Calm Mind, which boosts their already staggering Special stats. The moves are standard: Bulk and power booster, STAB, Reshiram setter-upper, and recovery move respectively. EV's provide bulk and speed, along with a strong sweeping potential (Kind of).

The Spinblocker/Tank

Giratina-Origin: Impish @ Griseous Orb
184 Atk | 252 Def | 72 Spe
Stone Edge | Shadow Sneak | Dragon Tail | Will-O-Wisp

Giratina-O is one awesome son of a bitch. Not only is he an amazing spinblocker, but also his STABs give him great coverage in the uber tier. While I cannot place an item on this antimatter dragon, he/she still plays a crucial role on the team and prevents the likes of Blazeiken or Extremekiller Arceus from steamrolling the damn team. Moves are standard in order to burn physical attackers like Zekrom and phaze or use one of it's STABs. EV's are for offensive potential as well as quickness and bulk.

The Wall/Dragon Counter

Arceus-Steel: Timid @ Iron Plate
248 HP | 8 SAtk | 252 Spd
Calm Mind | Judgment | Will-O-Wisp | Recover

This guy has been recommended many a time in the past and after using a little bit, I'm beginning to see why. In the past, my teams have struggled against strong and fast dragon types, namely Palkia or Kyurem-W. Well no more! Arceus even has the ability to boost both its defensive and offensive prowess through Calm Mind. And although steel type STAB apparently isn't very "practical," or "good," or "sane," I believe it to be pretty damn useful. Last two moves a routine status and recovery (no pun intended) respectively. EV's make for a quick bulky Arceus with just a dash of ASS-KICKING special attack. (Okay, maybe not SO ass kicking...)

The Late Game Sweeper

Mewtwo: Timid @ Life Orb
4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Psystrike | Aura Sphere | Ice Beam

Mewtwo is that pokemon I saw growing up and said "Wow! Someday I want to be like... um... that thing!" Yup, I wanted to be a psychic megalomaniac that could control planetary patterns and climate. And to have a pink tail. But in all seriousness, this guy is AMAZING. He will pick off pokemon late game like a pro. In intimidation factor alone its level of scariness is right up there with Arceus or Kyogre. Or Drifblim. Yes, Drifblim. It kidnaps children. From their fucking parents. And Rayquaza can watch the Ice Beam flying towards his face after a Calm Mind. Kyurem-W can just sit there as Mewtwo sends an Aura Sphere right into its mutated torso. Mewtwo sends the pink blob that is Blissey to PokeHell with its wallbreaking Psystrike. Calm Mind is pretty self explanatory. Timid is to outspeed common threats like Darkrai and the Latis. Life Orb is obviously for that extra oomph. EV's are classic PsychoKiller Mewtwo.

Well, I hoped you liked the team! Rate, hate, steal, and luvdisc if you liked!

*Possible changes that I am definitely thinking about: Latias switched for Scarf Palkia, Giratina-O switched for Great Wall Lugia or Offensively inclined special wall sun abusing Ho-oh, SteelCeus switched for GhostCeus, possibly switching Choice Specs Reshiram to a Life Orb Tailwind/Roost set, or even possibly adding Specs Kyurem-W in place of Mewtwo. Most of these ideas are attempting to achieve a more offensive feel to the team as right now it seems to be almost stall/defensive in nature. Your input is appreciated very much!

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Got your PM, good looking team you got here GRB1, here's my suggestions (Haven't rated teams in a while, so take these with a hint of salt)

From the looks of it, I think using the Sub-Shuffling set > your current set for Giratina will work for a couple of reasons. It helps Giratina-O evade status, as well as makes it harder to take down. Conserning the HP problems, I'll get to that in a sec. Also, use Will-O-Wisp and Shadow Sneak w/ 164 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 28 Spe, as you need WoW to check EKiller still, plus Shadow Sneak to check Mewtwo. The attack EVs also ensure you'll break 248/0 Ho-Oh's subs, which is great as without Outrage, it'll be hard to check Mewtwo with this set. Also, I think it might work better if you used Focus Blast > Dragon Pulse on Resh. This helps to take care of T-Tar, which if it gets sand up, could be troublesome due to Excadrill. It is inaccurate, so I understand if you don't want to use it. Finally, I think using Stone Edge > Fire Punch on Groundon helps, as you can now deal with Ho-Oh better, which your team is weak to.

Speaking of Ho-Oh, Reshriram and other powerful sun powerhouses might be troublesome for you. As such, using Arceus-Water > Steel helps as it can take on both Resh and Ho-Oh and help deal with Kyogre. This will also give your team a better defensive backbone to deal with the powerful threats in the sun, as well as some in the rain. However, chaning Arceus formes means you lose your Steel-type. So, heres what I suggest. Using Jirachi> Latias is better, as you have something else to check Mewtwo as well as Kyruem-White(you know, if you don't get roasted by Fusion Flare). You also have something with Wish to help heal Giratina-O and Resh. Plus, using U-turn helps, as you can use Wish and U-turn into Gira, Resh, or whatever works best in that situation. This builds up offensive momentum, making it easy to bring in Resh and Mewtwo. I know you're thinking losing Latias means no Ogre switch in, but since you're using Arc-Water, you'll still have a switch in.

So, in summary:

Pros: Sub helps to evade status, more defensive spread to help deal with EKiller Arceus, Attack EVs ensure you break 248/0 Ho-Oh's subs

Cons: Less Attack for Shadow Sneak, no Outrage to smash Ho-Oh, though the bulk of the Sub set will work better

Pros: Smash T-Tar, Arceus-Steel in rain, Arceus-Rock

Cons: Inaccurate, free switch in for Ghost-types and Wobba

Pros: Gets rid of Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, the latter of which can be annoying to the team

Cons: Inaccurate like Focus Blast, but I think Stone Edge will work better for the team overall

Pros: Ho-Oh, Resh check, Ogre switch in, can use T-Wave to spread status and clear a path for Resh, or WoW to cripple physical attackers

Cons: Losing your Steel-type, though Jirachi covers this base well

Pros: Wish support for Gira-O and Resh(latter doesn't have Leftys, former hates entry hazards and you don't have a spinner), U-turn to build momentum and pass wishes, T-Wave/Body Slam to slow down faster pokemon, Kyurem-White check

Cons: Losing a ground and fight resist, but Gira-O has you covered on those bases, and Arc-Water makes a good Ogre switch in as well

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def / 8 SDef / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SDef / 56 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp
- Grass Knot / Flamethrower

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave / Body Slam
- Iron Head

Good luck with the team, hope I helped :D

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i don't really agree with many trollfreaks changes, as they rework the team entirely.

at the moment there is an outstanding weakness to ho-oh, a reshiram weakness of your own, and no choice scarf user. that being said, i do agree with focus blast > fusion flare on reshiram. however, i would also like to suggest psyshock on latias over tailwind, and stone edge over outrage on giratina-o, to better manage the ho-oh weak (ho-oh likes to switch in on both these pokemon). mewtwo doesn't really fit at all, and i feel you need the offensive utility of a physically based choice scarf genesect.

genesect
move 1: u-turn
move 2: iron head
move 3: explosion
move 4: ice beam
item: choice scarf
ability: download
nature: hasty
evs: 252 atk / 4 spa / 252 spe

although weaknesses to reshiram, lustrous palkia, and a well played ho-oh remain this team is pretty solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)