Need some help developing a team

Good evening all, I've been toying with teams for a while on here. Though I'm not new to Smogon, this is the second time I've posted on this RMT forum. So please forgive me if I'm not exactly on par with the typical post.

Here's the team:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
Focus Blast
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

Alakazam has always been a staple in my teams. He's my favorite Pokemon, and his move pool has allowed me to tear throw some teams. Energy Ball is an interesting one that seems to usually catch people off-guard. Focus Blast is also a great unexpected Zam move. I think his movepool doesn't need to change. I only wish he had a reliable means of healing. Recover doesn't fit on this lineup. I was considering drain punch over focus blast. Thoughts?

The only problem with Alakazam is that he is quite frail. I can rarely switch into him without feeling the heat, or getting him OHKO'd. Still, I love Alakazam, and will continue to use him.

Salamence @ Perism Berry
252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Moxie
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Roost
Earthquake

Salamence is a cool dragon addition to my line up. I like Salamence mainly because of moxie, and because he's not as common as Haxorus. All in all, Salamence has been a strong sweeper of this team. I must confess, I rarely use dragon dance, as his moxie takes care of raising his attack. His speed is pretty great on its own, I've noticed that he outspeeds most of my enemies that aren't buffed.

Chansey @ Eviolite
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
Seismic Toss
Aromatherapy
Toxic
Softboiled

Chansey has been a great wall and healer for the party. Not much else to say about the lady. She has gotten me out of jams. I originally used Blissey, however I've noticed that eviolite Chansey tends to last longer than Blissey. Aromatherapy has helped me out, as most people tend to have at least one Pokemon with thunder wave now. I wonder though if having aromatherapy and softboiled in the same pool is problematic...any thoughts on that? I feel like Seismic Toss may be redundant with Breloom on the team, so I'm open to different move suggestions to replace it.

Breloom @Toxic Orb
248 Hp/ 8 Atk/ 252 Def
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poison Heal
Focus Punch
Mach Punch
Substitute
Spore

Breloom is probably the Pokemon I most want to remove, simply because he is so common. I'm not quite sure who to switch into his place. And honestly, I don't get to use Breloom much. My games tend to either be a quick sweep with Alakazam and Salamence, or I GET swept quickly. In the latter example, Breloom typically falls fast. Advice is needed most here. Thanks!

Jellicent @ Leftovers
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Nature: Bold
Ability: Cursed Body
Shadow Ball
Recover
Scald
Willow Wisp

I love Jellicent, he's probably my favorite gen 5 pokemon. He's such a wall. I have had the internal struggle between using Shadow Ball or Ice Beam in this set. At any rate, I've walled many pokemon with Jellicent, and I really don't want to remove him from my lineup. So unless someone can really put up a convincing argument, I don't think this pringles-look-alike will be going anywhere.

Darmanitan @ Leftovers
252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sheer Force
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Superpower
U-turn

Darmanitan is a great attacker, and his u-turn makes for great momentum. And I needed a fire type, so I chose him. I did originally toy with the idea of using Infernape in place of Darmanitan. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to try him out, so it's possible he would work much better. And adding him would cover fighting moves, which could allow me to remove Breloom to create space for an entirely different role.

Thanks for taking the time to look over my team. Any and all input would be great. :)

For Salamence, use a Lum Berry over Persim Berry... or better yet, use Dragonite if you're going to do a dragon dance set. If you want to use Salamence, I would give it a choice scarf and dragon claw/outrage/EQ/Fire blast. Especially since you even said you're rarely using dragon dance, it's time to change it's set.

Drop Aromatherapy on Chansey for Stealth Rock. Your team already naturally handles status well. Breloom can absorb any status once it's toxic orb is active, alakazam doesn't care about burn or poison, and chansey herself has natural cure. On the other hand you really need SR and chansey does a good job of setting it up.

On Jellicent there are a number of sets that could fare better.
Toxic/Taunt/Recover/Scald is my favorite set for Jellicent as it shuts down other walls very easily preventing them from recovering from toxic or burn damage. Taunt also helps you prevent set up or status from anything slower than you.

Darmanitan should be running a scarf or life orb. Leftovers is really wasted on him, as he's pretty frail and appreciated the damage boost. Keep in mind life orb has no recoil with sheer force.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello.

This a really solid team you got here. Weatherless isn't as popular as the weather teams, mainly Rain and Sun, so I give you some huge props to you for going against the norm. Anyways, this team is put together really well, and hopefully my rate will make it better. So, without further adu, let's get to the rate! Alright, first up, I suggest that you run a Lum Berry over your current item choice of Persim Berry. Lum Berry clears any form of status, such as paralysis and burn, which is very useful for a great sweeper like Salamence. Staying on the topic of Salamence, I would toss those Special Defense EV's into Special Attack and adding Fire Blast in place of Roost. Fire Blast helps Salamence get KO's on Steel typed Pokemon he usually has trouble with, the main ones here being Ferrothorn and Scizor. Moving on, I suggest that you use an EV Spread of 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe on Breloom in place of your current one. The 12 HP gives Breloom an HP value divisible by 8 for Poison heal and the 244 Speed EV's are for outspeeding uninvested base 100s. Staying on the topic of Breloom, I would replace Mach Punch in favour of Seed Bomb. Seed Bomb helps Breloom against bulky waters such as Slowbro and Jellicent, as it has troubles against them without it. Onto your Jellicent, I would change it's EV spread to one of 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe in place of your current EV spread. The main start here is the 44 Speed EV's, as they allow you to outspeed and burn CB Scizor with either Will-O-Wisp or Scald. Lastly, I would put a Choice Scarf on Darmanitan and changing him to a simple EV spread of 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe over your current one. Darmanitans excellent Attack and above average Speed stats allow Darmanitan to become a premier revenge killer. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck with your team!

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Hi, there

Unknown glaring weaknesses, Weatherless is a good team, but there are some moveset which shall be adjusted.
Of Alakazam is better Psychock> Psychic, this more effectively to hit Blissey, Chansey, Amoonguss wall and various special, even Calm Mind Keldeo. Instead of Energy Ball which I think is pretty useless, you might have the right to strike and Ground Water essentially, so I'd give it Hidden Power Ice to Alakazam, to hit the Dragon, and various Flyng. You could try Focus Sash> Life Orb, which saves you from possibly dangerous as Pokemon Dragonite after a Dragon Dance or Terraion double booster.

Since we removed from Alakzam Energy Ball to hit the Ground and water, I suggest Seed Bomb> Mach Punch on Breloom, so you're able to hit hard Jellicent, Slowbro, Hippowdon, for example, with this spread Evs 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd. The 12 HP gives Breloom an HP value divisible by 8 for Poison heal and the 244 Speed ​​EV's are for outspeeding uninvested base 100s.

Now I want to change something in the moveset for Salamence, first put Lum Berry, which heals you from the confusion produced by Outrage, and in general by any Status, then put Fire Blast> Roost with Naive Nature, so if you're up against a steel for as Skarmory or Ferrothorn can hit them equally without changing Pokemon.

To do this Jellicent Spread Evs 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd. Thanks to the 96 Evs in Spd Scizor can overcome you burn it with Will-o-Wisp, making it practically useless for the duration of the game, say 96 Spd Evs in to get Spd to 180, so you're sure to exceed Choice Band Scizor, not everyone uses only 8 Spd Evs in on Scizor, if they put a few more then you can not overcome it, so instead you are unsure, last thing Taunt> Shadow Ball to completely block the Wall opponents, in this way have no chance of Setup.

Another very important thing: your team does not place the Stealth Rock! E 'a move very important, especially for Dragonite, Volcarona for example. Stealth Rock embarrasses them but also Salamence, Scizor, Victini, Ninetales, Tornadus-T and many other Pokemon. I say we give her a Chansey instead of Aromatherapy. Since analyzing your team are not very weak status to the point that they strictly need to Aromatherapy.
Alakazam is immune to status (except to sleep), Breloom is poisoned with Toxic Orb, Chansey has Natural Cure, Salamence has Lum Berry, you only have two out of six Pokemon that can be infatuated so I deliver thee Aromatherapy for Stealth Rock, which seems well more important.

The last thing I would give Choice Scarf> Leftovers of Darminitan, its powerful attack combined with the speed given to him by Choice Scarf, makes him a powerful Revenge-Killer, which in your team, a very fast Pokemon (Alakazam separately), failed. That is all.
Good luck, with your team!

tl;dr
Psychock > Psychic (for Alakazam)
Hidden Power Ice > Energy Ball (for Alakazam)
Focus Sash > Life Orb (for Alakazam)
Seed Bomb > Mach Punch (for Breloom)
12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd (for Breloom)
Lum Berry > Perism Berry (for Salamence)
Fire Blast > Roost (for Salamence)
252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd (for Jellicent)
Taunt > Shadow Ball (for Jellicent)
Stealth Rock > Aromatherapy (for Chansey)
Choice Scarf > Leftovers (for Darmanitan)

Thank you all for your input. I will begin making some of these changes right now, and post the results :)

Well, my first battle didn't go so well. I was up against someone who choose to lead with Haxorus. He did one dragon dance, and outraged. He got lucky, and managed to use another set of outrage (after getting confused from the first) and wiped out 4 of my 6. This leads me to think I need someone with haze. Do any of you think that would be possible on this team?

Thank you all for your input. I will begin making some of these changes right now, and post the results :)

Well, my first battle didn't go so well. I was up against someone who choose to lead with Haxorus. He did one dragon dance, and outraged. He got lucky, and managed to use another set of outrage (after getting confused from the first) and wiped out 4 of my 6. This leads me to think I need someone with haze. Do any of you think that would be possible on this team?
Haze isn't the way to beat Haxorus, you need a dragon resist (steel). You already have Chansey, why not add Skarmory for a skarmbliss core. Mamoswine or weavile can also help against dragons, but without any steel types you're vulnerable to alot of other things as well, simply because of how many resists steel gives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)