first time rain team

Firstly My apologies for not having any sprites in my post or, I'm not great with computers but just love Pokemon.

So after doing a bit of research I looked into making a rain team. After looking at other teams I am a little bit worried that My team isn't original but hopefully it's ok.

Politoad
Leftovers/Drizzle/Bold
EV's 252 Hp/ 252 Def / 4 Spe

Encore/Scald/Toxic/IceBeam

I've gone with a defensive politoad So that it's extra bulk can try and keep him alive. I like to use him to lead off so that I can make full use of his Drizzle ability. I like to swap him out straight away if there's a weather inducer on the other side. I like to use toxic to help stop any walls. I like the use of Ice beam on Dragonite or Garchomp later on but I seem to get knocked over with outrage a bit to easily. It is also effective over other weather inducers such as Ninetales, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon

Brelom
Life Orb/Technician/Adamant
EV's 4 Hp/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Spore/Bullet seed/ Swords Dance/ Mach Punch

Having a 100% sleep inducing move in spore along with swords dance allows me a least a free shot to set up I generally like to get 2 x SD if possible. For this reason I like using Breeloom as my sweeper. I tend to go to him about mid-game to see if I can run through the second half of the team. To unlock technician's full effect I'm using mach punch and bullet seed which I think are fairly common practice. It also aid's in checking ferrothorn with it's grass typing.

Tentacruel
Black Sludge/Rain Dish/Timid
EV's 252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Spe

Substitute /Scald / Toxic / Rapid Spin

I'm using him mainly as my Rapid spinner and as my wall. With Rain dish as well as Black sludge Tentacruel can regain most of the hp lost on substitutes. Using the substitutes protects tentacruel from being inflicted with conditions and allow him to inflict toxic and use scald for that extra bit of protection. I'm using scald for the extra chance to burn them as well being boosted from the rain and a STAB attack. I thought because of it's burn rate it was a better option than to use the slightly more powerful Surf.

Jolteon
Choice Specs/Volt absorb/Timid
EV's 252 SpA/ 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Ice

-I like using Jolteon as a check to electric types with the ability Volt absorb. A predicted electric attack directed at tornadus-t can be u-turned out where Jolteon can then absorb the attack. I like having volt switch so that I can move between the two quickly. Jolteon out-speed much of the Metagame so voltswitch becomes more effective whilst also dealing in some great STAB attack as well. By including Shadow ball I like to use on Jolteon on ghost and psychic types.

Toxicroak
Black Sludge/Dry Skin/ Adamant
EV's 4 HP/ 252 Att / 252 Spe

Cross Chop/ Drain Punch/ Swords dance / Ice Punch

With the Ability dry skin and as well as the item Blacksludge it allows it to heal itself quite effectively. In my mind I felt like my team was lacking a physical sweeper. So my main aim is to switch into a water attack use swords dance and then try to sweep. I like using him later on but he can get 1'KO a bit to easy which makes having dry skin and black sludge pretty pointless. With SD + CC it does allow it to 1'ko many different types. He would probably be one of the first pokemon on my team that I'd be looking to change but I don't know if I'm just not using him correctly.

Tornadus-t
Life Orb/regenerator / Timid
EV's 4 Att/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe

Hurricane/U-turn/taunt/Focus Blast

With rain up Hurricane becomes quite powerful. With its very high base power and it's 100% accuracy in the rain it becomes very spammable. With it's regenerator ability U-turn becomes quite effective at being a healing move. I like to have Focus blast purely as coverage. I normally use Tornadus earlier on in my fights normally straight after politoad has got it raining so that the effectiveness of hurricane is utilized otherwise it's too risky a move.

I've had difficulties so far with dragonite and Garchomp when they both use outrage they seem to run riot through my team.

Once again any advice would be awesome, and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello.

This is a cool rain team you got here. As with most rain teams, this one goes with the norm of the infamous Hurricane spammer. Anyways, this is a great and very well put together team, and hopefully this rate can make it better than it already is. Alright, first up, I suggest that you change Tentacruels EV spread to one of 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe and a Bold nature over your current spread and nature. This EV spread allows Tentacruel to outspeed and burn Adamant Breloom, which is crucial, because it seems Breloom can to a number on this team. Staying on Tentacruel, I suggest that you use Toxic Spikes and Protect over Toxic and Substitute, respectively. Toxic Spikes is an excellent move, as it can cripple the opponents Pokemon to make your sweepers do their jobs easier. Protect is simple, it's used to gain HP from Rain Dish + Black Sludge. Moving on, I would remove Black Sludge on Toxicroak and use Life Orb. Life Orb gives an increase of 20% on all of it's moves, and Dry Skin helps it recover from the recoil. Staying on Toxicroak, I would use Sucker Punch over your current Drain Punch. Sucker Punch is a great priority that helps you get the KO on the Lati twins and other Psychic types that you may see. Finally, with Tornadus-T being banned, I suggest a Choice Specs Tornadus-I over it. Specs Tornadus-I can be a great late-game sweeper once it's counters are removed, so you can spam a base 120 power STAB Hurricane as much as you like. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck with your team!

Tornadus @ Choice Specs Lv. 100 -- Prankster

Nature: Timid - EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Focus Blast
- Hurricane

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)