First RMT: Swimming with Sharks

Ok, so before we get started, I'm going to be perfectly honest. This is my first thread here, though I have been stalking around, and so I may seem unfamiliar with the formats of RMTs. But I shall give this a go anyway.

I made this team around sharpedo, hence the title. I don't really know what to put in the introduction, so here goes, anyway XD

The team at a glance

In depth

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

So, the staple on all rain teams, politoed. I feel I have enough offense on my team so far, and I love crippling things. So this politoed is meant to survive to summon rain and cripple possible threats. Perish song is used to prevent pokemon from setting up on me too easily, while protect allows me to stall for that perish song/gain extra recovery from leftovers. I love the burn chance on scald, which is also rain-boosted and stab, while toxic can slowly kill off some more pokemon. The speed EVs allow me to out speed scizor to scald, and jellicent to toxic before it taunts me.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-Turn
- Trick

Jirachi is my dragon resist on my team, who would normally stop my team cold after +1 Dragon Dance. Not only does it over dragons, but it also helps me deal with Breloom, a huge threat to my team. It can also cripple any pokemon which try to wall me such as blissey or ferrothorn. Iron Head is for stab and flinching, while U-Turn can help my Sharpedo switch in a little more safely once the choice scarf is gone.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Rain Dance

Tentacruel is my spinner on the team, who can also stop quite a few threats with Knock Off. With the item off, the opposing pokemon become a LOT easier to deal with. I decided to run Rain Dance over Ice Beam, or something of the sort, as it can help me bring back my desired weather, while my opponent has to switch out again to get sun up. And on the switch, I would use knock off. Scald is the main choice of attack, due to it being rain-boosted, and STAB, with a chance of burn.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

And here is the star of my team. It has wrecked so many teams, but the biggest weakness is Mach Punch. Here, this is where breloom causes problems again. But the general idea is to simply protect for the speed boost, and then spam the appropriate move to attack after this. If the opponent doesn't have a focus sash or a priority move, it's practically game, in my favour. When it gets the boost from celebi, it basically certifies the kill on most pokemon. Another problem for this set is ferrothorn, due to its resistance to all of my moves.
So as I said, the protect is to gain the speed boost, and then I start spamming rain-boosted stab waterfalls to victory. Until priority decides to laugh in my face. Or a durian.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder
- Shadow Ball

With this team comes a large weakness to electric type attacks. Who better to take them and strike back hard than jolteon?
Basically, Jolteon's role is to absorb the annoying electric attacks, then striking at something back harder. Not only that, but Jolteon can take advantage of the perfect accuracy of Thunder in the rain. With choice specs, this becomes a real killer. I also use volt switch to keep momentum, and the other moves are coverage.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Hasty Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Aqua Tail

Dragonite is amazing in the rain, with 2 moves with massive power and perfect accuracy, a rain boosted Aqua Tail, with a priority Extremespeed to kill things off quickly. Extremespeed and Aqua Tail become killers with a swords Dance boost from Celebi, and the weather just makes Hurricane and Thunder wonderful moves. Dragonite takes the grass type moves aimed at my water pokemon. The speed EVs are made to outspeed spore-using brelooms, while the rest of the EVs are placed into attack.

~And with that, I present to you my team~

Thank you for reading! I'm sorry if this isn't up to standard, this is my first post on smogon. Let me know if I need to add anything more to my post c:

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey Hyourinmaru, nice team, I think you have some good ideas. However, there are a few things you can touch up on to make this team even better.

I'll start off with your celebi. That set you're trying to pull of is really gonna end up being dead weight in most matches or you'll just end up trying too hard to make it work. However, celebi is a great choice to deal with breloom so I'll recommend just changing the set to a nasty plot set. This can wreck breloom and many other pokes especially bulky waters like jellicent and gastrodon.

Next, I recommend you switch jolteon to thundurus-t. Since you don't have a Scarfer you could use that but thundurus-t also has agility to outspend even more threats but you potentially lose some coverage. I'll post both sets for you to try.

Lastly, I don't really like Dragonite on this team. You already don't have a steel type and the slowest dragon in ou will only make you more weak to opposing dragons. For that reason I recommend you switch dragonite to specially defensive jirachi. Jirachi can tank dragon attacks, pass wishes, set up rocks and it can pass status around easily. All of these things would greatly benefit your team.

Hope my suggestions help and good luck with your team! Here are the sets below:
celebi @ life orb / leftovers
Timid nature
252 sp att/ 252 speed/ 4 def
Nasty plot
Giga drain
Earth power
Psychic/ recover

Thundurus-t @ choice scarf
Timid nature
252 sp att/ 4 def/ 252 speed
Volt switch
Thunder
Focus blast
Hidden power ice

Thundurus-t @ Life orb
Modest nature
Agility
Thunder
Hp ice
Focus blast/ grass knot

Jirachi @ leftovers
252 hp/ 224 Sp def/ 32 speed
Calm nature
Stealth rock
Wish
Thunder
Water pulse/ protect

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello, Hyourinmaru, nice team.

This is a very creative team you have here, using an extremely underrated threat in Sharpedo, so kudos to you for using it. Anyways, this team has some flaws that I can easily fix with my rate hopefully. With that said, let's get to the rate. First up, I would like to suggest running Toxic Spikes and Protect on your Tentacruel, over your current choices of Knock Off and Rain Dance. Toxic Spikes support is vital when basing a team around a certian Pokemon, as these kind of teams thrive off of hazard support and Toxic Spikes wear them down and make them easier to kill. Protect is a great scouting move so that you can get a glance at your opponents set and act accordingly. Moving forward, I suggest changing Dragonites EV spread to one of 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe and using a Mild Nature over your current EV spread and nature. These EV's allow Dragonite to become an excellent Mixed Attacker, while the 180 Speed EV's are for outspeeding Timid Magnezone, which looks like a huge threat if it gets a Substitute up. Finally, I would definitely recommend running Life Orb over your current item choice of Leftovers. Life Orb increases Dragonite's damage output by 20% in exchange for 10% HP recoil, meaning Dragonite can spam moves until it gets KO'd. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

• Tentacruel
    : Knock Off & Rain Dance -> Toxic Spikes & Protect​
  • Dragonite
    :​
  • 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd -> 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
  • Hasty -> Mild
  • Leftovers -> Life Orb

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

I tell everyone the same shit lol...
Neat team, sharky is cool. Switching out tentacruel for a defensive donphan would give you a solid physical wall and rock resist, priority ice shard and a stealth rock user. Its just awesome in this metagame. Your celebi set looks good in theory but in practice might not always perform. I think running a ferrothorn would be a better choice. Ferrothorn can give you a solid steel type and a good dragon switch in. Celebi can switch into most special dragons though. Ferrothorn gives you spikes. Spikes/Leech Seed/Gyro Ball/Power Whip should suffice, feel free to play around with thunder wave or bulldoze. Lastly I think a choice band dragonite would be a much better fit than your bulky mixed attacker set. Revenge killing with extremespeed and destroying with outrage is really cool. CB superpower clears ferrothorn off the field and earthquake or waterfall round out coverage. Given your team's relatively offensive nature, maybe try out some SpA EVs on politoed. 216 HP/252 SpA/40 Spe are some good EVs to run with hydro pump/ice beam/focus blast/encore or something like that.

Hey nice team!

Ok the first problem I see with this team is the lack of a revenge killer,or a Choice Scarf user. Choice Scarf is arguably an essential item to have on a team because it is crucial to revenge kill the many powerful threats in BW2 that would sweep you otherwise. Sharpedo can boost its speed through speed boost but even then you wil probably only bring it out late game and it is more of a sweeper than a revenge killer. Your team also lacks a Steel-type. The combination of nor revenege killer and no Steel-type makes your team very week to Dragon-types. Because Haxorus, Salamence and Dragonite all outspeed your team at +1 and can freely spam their powerful stab Dragon Claws and Outrages without worrying about Steel-types.

To provide you with a Steel-type and revenge killer to help you against these Dragon-type threats I suggest a Choice Scarf Jirachi>Jolteon with its typing Ice Punch and Choice Scarf Jirachi gives you a back up against these Dragon-types and just a neat revenge killer in general with Iron Head for stab and Trick to cripple opponents. Much like Jolteon Jirachi is fast and can use U-turn to scout and switch out making it a great replacement for Jolteon. U-turn also gives you a free switch to Sharpedo if you use it right which is kind of nice because Sharpedo is quite frail.

Good luck with the team I hope I helped! Ideally you should fit Stealth Rock on Celebi because imo it is essential but if you like the Baton Pass thing than keep it I guess.

Sets

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf | Serene Grace
Jolly | 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Iron Head | Ice Punch | Trick | U-turn

TL:DR
Jirachi--->Jolteon

~Superpowerdude

Hi, there

Your team is weak to Dragons like Dragonite and Salamence, as there is a lack of a Steel Pokemon to +1 after a Dragon Dance to exceed in speed, suggest how to solve this threat said Superpowerdude Scarf Jirachi, which can collect an Outrage and kill dragons with Ice Punch.

To suggest this Politoed evs spread: 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd with these evs can outrun Scizor and when being KO kill him using Scald also exceed in speed also Jellicent avoiding his obvious Taunt and Toxic using first poisoning.
Another important thing is to give Stealth Rock to Celebi, as it helps against Volcarona, Dragonite, Thundurus-T for example, all dangerous Pokemon.
Could you give Stealth Rock> Swords Dance, Baton Pass instead of maintaining insert U-Turn, so maybe you can avoid you when you leave the Pursuit of the field, especially a Pursuit Tyranitar or Scizor.
Good luck, with your team!

Set
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Thank you all for the reply c:

I will play with around with the new toys, and post results about changes to the team. I'm definitely considering the scarfrachi.

And I'll also make quick replies to people.

@MCBarrett-Thank you for the suggestions! I have decided to go for the scarfrachi, which should be an ok replacement for specially defensive. I have decided to drop celebi, as it is quite difficult to pull off the baton pass.
For the jolteon change, I can definitely consider it for pokemonshowdown, but I do want to have a team for in-game, and I can't get the dream radar. So I'll see how things go~

@Dr Ciel-Thank you as well for the suggestions.
As for the tentacruel, I feel toxic spikes is easy to avoid (steel types, flying, levitate, poison heal,guts, etc) or even to nullify. Though I have been thinking of changing knock off with protect. I'll see how that goes. But rain dance really pulls a surprise move on the opponent.
For the Dragonite, I have actually tried the mild set with life orb, and it just dies too easily in my opinion. Dragonite actually does quite well endgame if it's still around. I changed the EVs recently just to deal with the pesky breloom though. So I'll see how things go.

@Asterat-I have actually tried donphan previously, and even if it does get the extra SR and ice shard, I just can't admire the power in ice shard, and I feel tentacruel's bulk with healing works very well. If there's a problem at the moment, it would be fitting SR on my team.

@Superpowerdude-as I pointed out earlier, I've decided to drop the celebi for the scarfrachi, as jolteon/thundurus-t is priceless with volt absorb. But thank you for the suggestion!

@Mr. Green-Scarfrachi has been placed in the team to test, but for politoed, I just really want it to live, rather than try to deal direct damage. But thanks for the suggestion~
EDIT: oh, whoops, confused you with the Eva increase for attack rather than speed. I'll definitely try out the speed boost

I will be editing the OP with the changes made so far

hey there, nice team you got here, loving the use of sharpedo! i just wanna give you some quick suggestions.

on jirachi, try fitting zen headbutt somewhere. you said your team is very weak to breloom, but with your current spread, jirachi is only doing 63.36% - 74.81% with ice punch, meaning breloom can survive your assault and either a) spore you or b) hit you with 2 mach punches (if it has already used swords dance, you will be KO'd). zen headbutt KOs 4 HP/ 0 Def breloom 100% of the time, so you won't even have to worry about losing to it. personally i'd use it over trick so you can keep your volt-turn along with jolteon, but if you feel that trick is more useful then by all means replace u-turn.

since you have a better answer to breloom (the primary user of mach punch in OU), you can replace zen headbutt on sharpedo for something more useful, like earthquake. your team has absolutely no way to take down specially defensive jirachi, you can only hope of smacking it as hard as possible with scalds/thunders, but even then it can use wish + protect to stall you out and paralyze your main powerhouses: jolteon and dragonite. for this reason, earthquake is a great choice, letting you do upwards of 73% to it, meaning that after some previous damage from your other pokemon you can take it down easily. i recommend using a different spread on sharpedo, opting for a little more bulk: 252 Atk / 108 Def / 148 Spe. the def investment means you don't get destroyed by things like scizor's CB bullet punch or lucario's extremespeed.

i really don't see the point of rain dance on tentacruel. while it does help you maintain the momentum against other weather teams, politoed does not usually need assistance in maintaining the rain. ninetales won't want to switch into tentacruel in fear of a toxic and tyranitar certainly does not want to get burned with scald. furthermore, politoed switches into both ninetales and tyranitar with impunity, with only choice band tar or sunny day tales posing a threat to it. i really think you should use toxic > rain dance. in combination with knock off, you can poison a pokemon then knock off its leftovers, essentially crippling them for the rest of the match.

finally, use waterfall > aqua tail. the extra 10 base power is hardly noticeable, and aqua tail has the possibility to miss, which waterfall does not. waterfall also has the handy ability to flinch, which may help you in taking down key threats, such as jirachi (its a great feeling to flinch a jirachi to death).

thats about it, good luck with the team and i hope i helped!

Hey there.
It is a very interesting rain team, I very much appreciate Jolteon, but I see a weakness against Thundurus-T Agility, because if the opponent has the modest nature Jirachi can die on Thunder (252 + SpA Life Orb Thundurus - T Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jirachi: 302-356 (88.56 - 104.69%) - 31.25% chance to OHKO) and generally Thundurus-T is played with the Rain, then Jolteon can die on Focus Blast after Stealth Rock (252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jolteon: 211-248 (77.85 - 91.51%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), even if you have a Dragonite, he does'nt kill Thundurus-T with Extrem Speed and it is OHKO by Hidden power Ice without Multiscale, then Thundurus-T can easily set up against your team, on Jolteon blocked on an electric move or Jirachi (Choice Scarf), then your team is very disadvantaged against Landorus Spec also, because generally it has Rock Polish, Jirachi is OHKO by Earth Power, Tentacruel also, Jolteon also, Dragonite is OHKO by Hidden Power Ice, Politoed is 2HKO by Earth Power and the opponent can anticipate Politoed switch and use Earth power directly to weaken him, you are disadvantage against Keldeo, I explain you: Dragonite does not have Roost to heal, and it is your only counter for Kelde, then the opponent can weaken him by using Hydropump/Icy Wind/Hidden power Ice with Keldeo and then Dragonite takes 30% on Hydropump with the rain and if it is Choice Spec Keldeo 50%, the opponent can easily kill Dragonite, I suggest you Latias Life Orb, Latias is a very good pokemon for your team, because even if it is weak against Hidden Power Ice Landorus or Hidden power Ice of Thundurus-T it can fill with his speed I explain you: If the opponent set up Thundurus-T you can directly put Latias, if the opponent uses Nasty plot you can outspeed him and kill him with Draco Metoer and if the opponent uses agility, you didn't die on Hidden Power ice, Landorus also, then it is a very good counter to Keldeo and Latias has Recover to heal.

Then I suggest you swap Substitute with Knock Off and swap Rain Dance with Toxic on Tentacruel because your set is useless you already have Politoed Drizzle, and then Sub Toxic Tentacruel can easily kill Jellicent, Rotom-W, Sableye, Gengar and Jirachi that is a very good counter against your team, but be careful against Sub Calm mind version.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover

Tl;dr
Dragonite--->Latias
Tentacruel--->SubToxic

Hope I Helped and Good Luck with your Team.

~Leftiez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)