Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

If a seven-hour extension would happen, then I won't be online for the deadline (I won't get up at 6 AM during holidays, sorry fellas). I would still agree with the extension, as I'd like to see Walrein defend himself against some of the accusations that have been made over the past 12 or so hours.

tbh I'm surprised zorbees has been largely unhelpful at pressuring people Day 3 compared to Day 2. He was gung ho for continuously pressuring me Day 2, but he hasn't really done that to anyone he's voted for this day. Maybe he was so aggressive on Day 2 because I brought up the idea of lynching him on Day 2? And zorbees, why did you sentry shinyskarmory again when you already acknowledged that my logic about the mafia not going to kill shinyskarmory made sense?

I liked the end portion of citro's post, please keep posting like that!

I anxiously await the posts promised to us from Walrein and Empoof! :)

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've been dealing with activity issues a bit, between IRL, my game, and a Fire Emblem draft I'm in. In regards to why did I change my mind with the sentry, it was a combination of deadline approaching and me not fully trusting anyone besides ShinySkarmory (and myself, but I don't think I'd get majority on myself). Note that when I retracted my sentry vote from him originally, I never placed it on anybody else. There's also the WIFOM of "lol they want shinyskarmory alive but didn't sentry him, lets kill him" but that is rather minor.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Clarification^

@Q1 I may add that your reads were wrong day 2, regarding the alignment of SS and Eagle. How have you rectified your incorrect/inaccurate reads?

IDK if you can call a "I have no idea what to think of this guy" read inaccurate, as that's pretty much what I had on Eagle. I thought ShinySkarmory was mafia due to odd and rather suspicious behavior, but Eagle's scumflip basically cleans him due to Eagle's desperate attempt to push the lynch onto SS at the end of D2.

@Q3 That make you view us at scum at this Day 3, notwithstanding that your "reads" Day 2 were highly inaccurate

Metal Sonic, I find it highly suspect that you had only mild misgivings about me until my post early in this day when I voiced a suspicion of you, upon which you jumped my ass with reckless abandon. I just don't understand where the pressure came from out of nowhere, because it kind of seems like a massive OMGUS.

As for Empoof, his reads have been just as inaccurate as mine, and he's even more wishy-washy than I am (see the post where he calls me scum, then prepares for me to flip village.) Overall he's incredibly noncommital.
LightWolf said:
So for Walrein this stinks of a setup honestly, especially with that rush early(though that was mostly from MS, who is more likely town). So I'd put Walrein as town over scum if I had a choice, though I will return to him being a possible lynch later.

Then why vote me? It's not like you HAD to vote right that second.
LightWolf said:
Empoof

Eagle was fairly sure of his cleanness, and I don't know how he was overlooked in favour of Eagle buddying with Walrein. But Eagle did vote the exact same rand lynch target as him at the start of the game, with minutes of difference. Call me crazy, but I think if you saw your partner rand lynch someone right as you were gonna randlynch, no way in hell would you vote the same guy as them. This would honestly only work with my level of paranoia being the mind the two voting the same rand... Voting your mate as a rand is one thing, this is I feel different enough to slip by most people. End result? Probs town.

This is WIFOM as hell, plus whoever posted second (don't feel like going to check) could easily have not refreshed the page in a few minutes which would result in both of them voting the same person. The point is, I don't see much point in drawing such a conclusion based almost solely on the RVS.
I should be on up until deadline, so keep the questions coming.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Then why vote me? It's not like you HAD to vote right that second.
I explained why I voted you right after. And as your quote shows, I didn't do it that second either, I did it later in the post, and I did think a lot about it. But at that point you were tied, no chance of changing it to anyone but MS who I also believe to be more clear than you.

This is WIFOM as hell, plus whoever posted second (don't feel like going to check) could easily have not refreshed the page in a few minutes which would result in both of them voting the same person. The point is, I don't see much point in drawing such a conclusion based almost solely on the RVS.
You are biased, so I'm no accepting WIFOM as hell as an argument. Would you consider making the exact same random vote right after your ally even for a WIFOM's sake? I can tell you that you wouldn't, I'm p sure you wouldn't even consider it, you would mentally close out the option, especially that close. I give you he may not have refreshed, but that only lowers the value of the proof, not negates it. I believe small slips show more than long patterns, this is why Eagle buddying with you (and honestly Empoof too nearly at the same level) doesn't affect me. Circumstantial Evidence? Hell yes, but it's a piece of evidence that he has for him above you(and which I myself value very highly, whether you may or may not)

Metal Sonic, I find it highly suspect that you had only mild misgivings about me until my post early in this day when I voiced a suspicion of you, upon which you jumped my ass with reckless abandon. I just don't understand where the pressure came from out of nowhere, because it kind of seems like a massive OMGUS.
Did you realize zorbees did something similar to me at the beginning of Day 2? Why did you have nothing to say about that?

Why did you continue to use excuses such as "I'm bad at this" or "I have a tendency to skim these posts/votecounts" when they just make it look like you're grasping at straws and should have no influence on how scummy your posts are?

Ampharos

Spiffy said:
Did you realize zorbees did something similar to me at the beginning of Day 2? Why did you have nothing to say about that?

zorbees' was a lot less sudden and a lot less blatantly aggressive. He was pressuring you, yes, but Metal Sonic seems almost pissed off at me.

Why did you continue to use excuses such as "I'm bad at this" or "I have a tendency to skim these posts/votecounts" when they just make it look like you're grasping at straws and should have no influence on how scummy your posts are?

because i really am playing like shit this game, as evidenced by the fact that i have quite thoroughly convinced most of you that i am mafia
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get lynched here, as most of you are finding me a lot more scummy than Empoof. That's fine. My lynch will give us a lot of info, and if there were no other targets I wouldn't mind nearly as much. However, the fact that Metal Sonic and Empoof are quite probably mafia leads me to believe that they are much better lynches than I am, and I'm going to spend the next few hours trying to convince you of this fact.

If I DO wind up getting lynched, hopefully my town flip will give you all plenty of info on who is and isn't scum, specifically regarding Metal Sonic, Empoof, Spiffy and zorbees.

Basically, checkmate mafians. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Walrein said:
If I DO wind up getting lynched, hopefully my town flip will give you all plenty of info on who is and isn't scum, specifically regarding Metal Sonic, Empoof, Spiffy and zorbees.
Why exactly are you listing these players? Are these your top 4 scum reads? If so please elaborate on why (for me and zorbees at least because you haven't mentioned us all day).

Ampharos

Metal Sonic and Empoof, as stated, are my scum reads. I mention you and zorbees because other than MS you two have been the most adamant about my suspiciousness. I don't THINK you two are scum, but I'm just saying it's a relationship to look at if I die.

Jesus okay so my post cleared out twice. Cool beans.

~TPM~ Semi-Scum
This post is basically the only real interaction I could find between them. At the time, it was Eagle (5 votes - 6 with TPM) and SS (2 votes) with some others trailing behind. If anyone was going to bus, that was the time to do it. His logic for lynching Eagle is based on having a scum read on zorbees, while pretty adamantly saying he disagrees with an Eagle lynch before hand. There's not really evidence to clear him has village with what I've got, so I'm labelling TPM as SCUM. I think my previous village read was from earlier in the game. Sucks that his sub is the one that has to cover for him.

I'll do LightWolf now. I just want to get something out there since we're running out of time.

Just gonna point out that Empoof isn't even trying to defend himself, he's just posting reads >_>
I gave my reasons why I thought Metal Sonic was town. I mentioned that he could've been a busser, but I feel as though TPM would fit the bussing role better.

I don't feel i need to defend myself while I'm scumhunting. I'm pretty content with the way I've COMMITTED to my reads now, and I'm sorry that putting out the possibility that you could be town is considered scummy. We're people, people make mistakes.

At worst if we lynch you and they all target me, I'll just keep trying to help village as much as I can with the time I'm given.

Ampharos

Yea but in company mafia I did the same thing when I was scum and had a lot of votes on me.

Basically I'm saying that a complete refusal to post a defense for your actions is a scumtell IMO.

Yea but in company mafia I did the same thing when I was scum and had a lot of votes on me.

Basically I'm saying that a complete refusal to post a defense for your actions is a scumtell IMO.
Okay. What accusations? I'll gladly oblige. If it's inactivity, there were money problems with my family. If it's about MS, I've been over it.

Please tell me, I'm open and willing.

~LightWolf~ Semi-Scum
Eagle calls out LightWolf when there's not a lot of pressure on Eagle here, but doesn't put a vote onto him. Then during LightWolf's long post right before deadline, he votes for SS while still being content with an Eagle lynch, as Eagle is in his "Top 3 scum reads". This isn't really enough for me. I could easily see this as a mafian move, seeing as his vote almost moved the lynch away from Eagle. But they're mild playful banter is enough to lower his priority in my scum reads. I would like some help with this read though, as it is my loosest SCUM read.

Top 4 scum reads
~Walrein
~TPM
~Zorbees
~LightWolf

I believe everyone's been accounted for.
That one post I have for aska is pretty damn impressive for earning his village read. I don't think I need to go into it more, but if i do let me know.

Sentry Askaninjask

Sentry:
askaninjask: (5) askanjniask Spiffy shinyskarmory Metal Sonic More Cowbell askaninjask
shinyskarmory: (4) LightWolf citro Walrein zorbees zorbees

so we get a sold sentry for tonight, and mafia can't take it away.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I find it a bit odd that people are criticizing me for saying stuff like "I'd support an Eagle4 lynch, but imo there are better targets atm" when askaninjask basically did the same thing, early on day 2. Obviously, he eventually switched over, whereas I didn't, but is that the only difference?

Basically, checkmate mafians. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
this is weird and I don't really know what to make of it. Like if I was mafia, I wouldn't post summarising the people behind my lynch because that just groups them all into a "mostly clean" group. I don't want to change the bandwagon and right now my vote's not on anyone so I don't have much of an impact, but this post strikes me as being a very town post. of course, this COULD be just him trying to throw people off; draw attention away from his teammate (ie. someone in that group bussing him hard) preparing for the reality of him flipping scum. It's just another post we can pick apart once we find out the result I guess.

~TPM~ Semi-Scum
This post is basically the only real interaction I could find between them. At the time, it was Eagle (5 votes - 6 with TPM) and SS (2 votes) with some others trailing behind. If anyone was going to bus, that was the time to do it. His logic for lynching Eagle is based on having a scum read on zorbees, while pretty adamantly saying he disagrees with an Eagle lynch before hand. There's not really evidence to clear him has village with what I've got, so I'm labelling TPM as SCUM. I think my previous village read was from earlier in the game. Sucks that his sub is the one that has to cover for him.
Figured I'd respond to this because I don't really follow it tbh. TPM makes a post saying he thinks there's a chance of Eagle4 and zorbees scum team, ok this was a pretty drastic change of opinion from his last but idk what to make of that, just that he needed persuading? Eagle4 then proceeds to post a reply, actually admitting he "hasn't noticed zorbees" and yet has concluded he's "probably town". Considering zorbees being scum definitely isn't out of the question yet, I don't see what's unreasonable here? the fact it was a convenient time to bus is a pretty weak argument in my opinion

Ampharos

Somehow I don't think I'm getting this vote off of me. Such is life.

I'm town. If you don't believe me (and clearly you don't), wait ten minutes, then kick yourselves.

It's not an undeserved lynch though. I was pretty nonhelpful for a long period of the time at the beginning and I sucked at wording my posts near the end. Apparently my decent late-d2 posting wasn't enough to convince people of my innocence.

Since I'm going down in a blaze of glory, here's an uber quick list of reads:

ShinySkarmory: town
askaninjask: town
LightWolf: town
More cowbell: town
zorbees: null-town
Shining Latios: null
citro: null
Spiffy: null
Metal Sonic: Scum
Empoof: Scum

In actuality, me being lynched isn't really that bad. You'll have 88 posts of a confirmed villager to analyze. Hopefully we can catch a scum or two with that info.

I guess this post is more of an apology than anything else, because despite my ridiculous postcount I was never really paying as much attention to this game as I should have. Part of it was because of school and homework, but an equal part was due to laziness, which hurt the village more than it should have.

Even with this "wasted" day, we still have 8 villagers left, 7 after the nightkill, vs two mafia. With all the info from my death, we should be able to nail a lynch, so I'm willing to take one for the team.

Basically, what I'm saying is good bye and good luck and lynch metal sonic and empoof pls

Votecount 3.7 - DEADLINE

Lynch:
Walrein: (5) Spiffy zorbees Metal Sonic Empoof askaninjask Spiffy LightWolf L-1
Empoof: (3) Shining Latios zorbees Spiffy askaninjask Walrein shinyskarmory
zorbees: (1) TPM
Metal Sonic: (1) Walrein More Cowbell shinyskarmory
Spiffy: (0) askaninjask
Shining Latios: (0) LightWolf
LightWolf: (0) shinyskarmory
Not Voting: (1) shinyskarmory

Sentry:
askaninjask: (6) askanjniask Spiffy shinyskarmory Metal Sonic More Cowbell askaninjask Empoof
shinyskarmory: (4) LightWolf citro Walrein zorbees zorbees
More Cowbell: (1) Shining Latios
Spiffy: (0) shinyskarmory
Metal Sonic: (0) Metal Sonic
Not Voting: (0) No one!

~*~

You ganged up on Walrein, but do excuse me for not writing up flavor. My alarm clock has a severe case of Not Working and I literally just woke up. Anyway:

Walrein was Sane.

And:

askaninjask has received majority and will survive the night!

Night 3 will end in 24 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)