Dragonite Rain Team

This is a new rain team I threw together because I wanted to use a set where D-nite could access both Thunder and Hurricane. It was quickly put together, but I think this team could go far so any tips would be nice.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature (+ SAtk, - Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
The main reason I have Politoed on this team is to set up rain. Most people use the defensive set, but I'm particularly fond of the scarf set. It catches people of guard and allows you to revenge kill as well set up rain again if neccesary.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, - Def)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
This is the MVP of the team and is a fun set to use. All of these move have 100% accuracy, except Draco Meteor, and they all hit hard. Superpower is on this set to catch SDefensive walls off gaurd.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
The main lead of the team. His purpose is to set up rocks and to take predicted electric attacks on my water types. Also, a max attack earthquake hurts a lot.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald
- Protect
I didn't know what I wanted for a Def wall, so I looked around and choose Tentacruel. With the rain and black sludge he has good recovery each turn and toxic/ protect helps stall. This guy is D-nites best friend because he can spin. I really don't know how to use this guy though, so if anybody has tips or a better Def wall/Spinner tell me.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn
Choice Band Scizor is another heavy hitter for the team. This being the standard set, his main purpose is to hit hard as often as possible. I also am fond of him in the rain because his only weakness, fire, is not as powerful in the rain.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, - SAtk
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
Blisssey is my go to SDef wall so I just slapped her on here. She can stall with wish/protect and take Special Attacks all day. I put heal bell on her to heal annoying/crippling statuses, but I think another status move would be better because Tentacruel is the only other Poke on the team to carry one.

Sorry for not making this RMT pretty, but I am really busy. Thank you for your time and criticism

Nice team @gelo. Don't see too many problems, but recommend using keldeo instead of blissey. I know you need a cleric, but keldeo can literally rip apart teams in the rain. I would recommend the life orb set to deal as much damage as possible.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Calm Mind

Your team looks nice, but your Dragonite will really die fast. Without Roost your Multiscale will fail fast against ANY Sandstorm/Hail team. It will also put you in OHKO range of ANY dragon. Without Multiscale you can't take them on. So I think you should prefer Roost > Draco Meteor/Superpower. Really no fan of Superpower on a Dragonite anyway. I think it would be better to use Extreme Speed to make it easier to revengekill.

Maybe you should also prefer Lum Berry over the Leftovers. You don't want to get Toxic/Will-o-Wisp on your first turn... You should be able to kill them off the next turn with Extreme Speed (if you're slower), or any other move.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, - Def)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost / Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Extreme Speed

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi Gelo your team looks solid!
At first look I suggest you Ferrothorn over Landorus-T because Ferrothorn is more solid and he can enter better on the Dragons(Scizor don't resist for so long) and place Stealth Rocks easily.
For second on Dragonite I suggest you Lum Berry over the Leftovers because you don't have recovery moves and Toxic can kill you.Or try Roost over Superpower/Draco Meteor because the hail/sand breaks multiscale easily and you have to switch every time you use Draco Meteor for the -2 SAtk drop then the Stealth Rocks are a problem.

Dragonite Set:

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost / Superpower
- Draco Meteor

Ferrothorn Set:

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
IVs:0 Speed
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball

Hey!

This is really a nice team. First of all, I notice that your revenge-kill is really slow: Politoed is just a slow Pokemon but if you decide to run a Modest nature on it, it's even slower and it can't revenge-kill threats such as Adamant Dragon Dance Dragonite so if you decide to use Choice Scarf Politoed change the nature into Nature. However, in your team Defensive Politoed should work better than Choice Scarf Politoed since it's not a very offensive team, also Defensive Politoed gives you a check to Pokemon such as Gyarados, which is really a pain for your team, Defensive Politoed gives you a check to stuff such as Landorus and Gliscor too anyway. Furthermore, Defensive Politoed helps you a lot against Sun teams, which can be troublesome for your current team since your current Politoed can't win the weather war against Ninetales and if you lose it, Chlorophyll sweepers such as Venusaur and Victreebell can sweep your whole team after a Growth; Defensive Politoed can win more easily the weather war versus Ninetales and this is pretty good for your team, it's also a very good Pokemon with an Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user because it hates the status in general, so Blissey works fine with Defensive Politoed [also, Blissey can cure Politoed from Ninetales' Will-O-Wisp which is really important to win the weather war more easily] EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe with a moveset of Scald, Protect, Perish Song and Toxic, with Bold nature and with Leftovers should fit fine on your team. Normally I suggest to run Refresh on Defensive Politoed which helps a lot against Ninetales' Will-O-Wisp but since you have Blissey that has Heal Bell, you can use Protect instead of Refresh to recover some HP with Leftovers and to scout Choice users' move, Protect is good with Toxic too.

Second, I suggest you to use Stone Edge instead of Superpower on Landorus-T, which allows you to hit harder Dragon-types such as Salamence and Dragonite and Volcarona and Gyarados as well, which can be all troublesome for your team. After that, I'd use only 248 EVs on HP on Scizor which allow to take less damages from hazards and that's can be useful in some chances if you can't spin away entry hazards with Tentacruel for some reason. Next, I suggest you to use Substitute replacing Protect on Tentacruel because it allows to avoid annoying status such as bulky Water-types' burn, it's definitely a good move against Jellicent for example and it helps you a lot to spin more easily. If you want to keep Protect then you should consider Toxic Spikes instead of Toxic accordingly but honestly I find Toxic Spikes not very useful in the BW OU metagame since there are Pokemon which can remove them without any problem [Venusaur and Toxicroak for example], Pokemon which have a Flying-type and don't care about Toxic Spikes [Tornadus, Thundurus-T, Landorus, Salamence, Dragonite and so on] and Pokemon which have Levitate [Latios and Latias], so you should probably keep Toxic on your Tentacruel and try Substitute instead of Protect, which works very well with Toxic and would help you to spin more easily [against Jellicent for example], as I already said.

Before I go, you should consider Roost on Dragonite somewhere, it allows Dragonite to have much more staying power, which is always useful for a bulky attacker as your Dragonite; probably I'd change Superpower because it seems simple the most useless move on it, Draco Meteor is your STAB and Thunder and Hurricane are very great moves together, and because you don't need a move to hit Special Defensive walls on Dragonite because they don't seem a problem for the rest of your team since Scizor can Pursuit them if played correctly; you have Wish on Blissey anyway so if you want you can keep Superpower but if you want you can try Roost at the same time and see if it works better than Superpower on your team.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)