OU Rain Stall [BW2]

Introduction

Hey guys. Iv'e been using this team the past couple days and was looking if I could get any suggestions.

Team Building Process

I decided to build a team around two Pokemon,

I then added Politoed thinking the team could use some weather support

Since this is a stall team it was necessary to have hazards. Ferrothorn, working well in rain and taking dragon type attacks for Kyurem, seemed like a great fit for the team.

Now I usually do not put more than one dragon on a team, but Dragonite seemed like a great option. He get's dragon tail, roost, and can become a defensive beast with the right EV spread and the multiscale ability.

Well now that I only have one team member left to add, I had to do some tough thinking. I knew I needed a spin-blocker and didn't want to stack weaknesses with Jellicent so I chose Sableye.

The Team!

Now I know many of you may be thinking, "Where the heck are the move sets for these guys". Well here it is.

Make it... (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Toxic
- Perish Song

Politoed, usually my lead and back up assistance. Scald is self explanatory, a stab water type attack that can inflict a burn 30% of the time, why not? Encore is there for locking in set-up leads into things like stealth rock and other miscellaneous situations. Toxic is used to stall out the opponents Poke's and perish song is for baton pass teams that don't carry Mr. Mime.

Shutupnoob (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is my set-up poke and defensive wall. He can tank most, hits especially dragon, which two of my core Pokes are weak to. While Ferro carries a standard move set his item, the rocky helmet, can inflict a whopping 25% combined with iron barbs on foes that attack him with a contact attack (I.E Garchomp's fire fang).

STRENGTH (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Dragonite, a classic Pokemon that I have loved since I first saw it, he can toxic stall the opponents Pokes and dragon tail the threats out. He has roost for reliable recovery and sub to help stall. The extremespeed is for certain Pokes that can't take hit's very well or for hitting a Pokemon before it can recover up the damage done by toxic.

DESTRUCTION (Sableye) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Recover
- Taunt
- Toxic

Sableye is pretty self explanatory. He stalls with priority recover and toxic, and blocks set-up Pokes with taunt and night shade.

Kthulu (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Substitute

This is one of the cores to the team. Tentacruel acts as my spinner and can inflict toxic on the opponents Pokemon. Now many people may be wondering why i'm not using toxic spikes on cruel? I personally feel the sub toxic set works just as well, and no one expects it.

POWER (Kyurem) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 220 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

This is the main (and only) sweeper on my team. The crux of this set is pressure. It allows Kyurem to stall Bronzong and Ferrothorn out of gyro ball quite easily by sub/roosting. Earth power allows him to hit Magnezone and other steels while ice beam covers the rest.

Closure

Anyway thanks for the rate (if you do lol) I haven't laddered with this team on PO yet be was hoping to get a second opinion before I start.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi Quizno,very nice and solid team!I suggest you any changes to improve it:
For first try Hurricane or Thunder over Extremespeed on Dragonite because you are a bit weak to Keldeo,especially with the Calm Mind set,with +2 SAtk and +2 SPDef is very difficult to stop for your team (He can 2ohko your Dragonite with +1SAtk Hidden Power Ice and use substitute against Tentacruel and Ferrothorn).
Sableye isn't so bulky,he takes too much damage by Special Attacks and he can't work well in this team.I suggest you to try Jellicent over Sableye because it is more solid,is a spin-blocker too,it works better under Rain and it covers you by keldeo(If he has Hidden Power Ghost is easily countered by Dragonite with Hurricane/Thunder) and partially by Rock Polish Landorus-I.
Ok now your team has hard times with Rock Polish Landorus-I and -T(You haven't entries on it and with his large movepool he can sweep your team literally) and Thundurus-T(Scarf with volt switch is a cancer for you and the Agility/Nasty Plot set sweep all your team)
Then now I suggest you to try Latias over Kyurem,she is more faster,she has Substitute and a recovery move too(Recover) and she can cover you to Landorus-I,Thundurus-T and Landorus-T very well

Jellicent Set

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Latias Set

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Substitute
- Recover

Good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)