Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Firstly I fell asleep with comp on, so no surprises I was in the thread but not posting. Either way. Cleanest in my opinion is Spiffy or Empoof. I have have stated plenty of times last day why. As for Spiffy, in addition to what I said about him in my read like thing on him, he also changed first from him and zorbees. I mean if he and aska were mates, it was still fairly early to abandon the Empoof lynch, as zorbees was yet to change votes. So that rose his position higher, since now he had two chances to try and save his team mates and he never took it. Which is why I'm sentrying him.

As for the Empoof lynch, even with two mislynches I do not want to lynch on of the cleanest users(at least FMPOV). I'd much prefer either of the other two L-2.

I shall now start to do my aska thing(and take a look at citro's posts). I'd enjoy not having to double post, so feel free to post.

It's not that surprising that activity is lowering slowly, there's only 7 of us left after all. By the way, Eagle4, would it even be possible to sub in a game in which you were killed before? Especially given the fact that you know who is mafia, meaning you'd only be able to sub for the last mafia member.

I like Empoof's last post, he seems to be doing great under pressure. I agree with the sentiment of having Spiffy speak up a little more.

LightWolf

lightwoof
THE ASKA THING:

Day 1:

He defends SL on the account of being erm stupid. Worth pointing out is, till that point everyone aska attacked, turned out to be village(and dead) already. And then votes IC, we know how that turned out.

Day 2:

He votes Spiffy and sentries Walrein and says he will explain why later, but when he explains it he never points out why he sentried Walrein.

He later, after Eagle looking died down a bit, brings looking back at Eagle again, bussing obviously since yeah.

Then he posts a WIFOM(more like 3) on the Spiffy. Which can be interpreted as WIFOM. WIFOMception(yes I only mentioned this to make a pun)

Proceeds to unsentry Walrein for his day 2 performance, we are still not told why he did it in the first place.

Votes Eagle, seems pretty premeditated, considering he brought him back up after Eagle talk died down a bit.

Day 3:

Premeditated I tell you, aska quickly jumps on the Eagle Walrein buddies. Well not with a vote, but he does make it fairly clear he seems scummy.

Back to giving us nothing via a Spiffy vote, hooray.

Unvotes Spiffy to vote Empoof, now we are getting somewhere!

Nevermind, votes Walrein now.

Day 4: Two freaking posts... One explaining why he changed to Walrein and one attacking zorbees.

Conclusion:

Well we know for fact that aska dumped Eagle the second two fairly experienced people brought him up, going as far a bringing him up again after he fell back into the shadows a bit.

Now I honestly can't find anything here to reason against an Empoof lynch, since everything about Empoof he did was a WIFOM... But sadly I do see a slight support for it... aska had basically no reason to change to Walrein, even if Walrein made horrible points, I mean if both were villagers he would be fine with either... Sure could be trying to make Empoof suspicious, but it was already very likely Empoof would be lynched the following day if Walrein flips town and he himself would look less suspicious... aska also ended up being lynched due to his bad post on the following day which was a reply to being questioned about his switch to Walrein... I mean aska throwing away his whole game, just to appear suspicious and get a villager already likely to be lynched lynched?

Interesting to note is, I do not see him ever mentioning TPM at all...

For SL, he defended him a couple of times day 1. On the other hand he quickly threw away Eagle... Yeah don't have anything decisive here.

So basically, I'm still leaning town for Empoof, but due to above he dropped quite a bit in the clean department... I'd still favour the other two, but I do see the merit in it now.

For citro: I honestly don't have any problems with his posts(minus saying I'm against flipfloping or what, I positively recall reasoning against tunnel visioning on a Walrein lynch early day 3, but he might have got that from my analysises, it is easier to see things if people tunnel vision!). But on the other hand, against TPM, I did point out an interesting little tidbit in Eagle's responses to his voters, and that his tone was different when talking to TPM and aska, and aska did turn up as mafia already... Not solid obviously, but my kind of evidence and seemed fairly unintentional on Eagle's part(read I don't believe he could fake it).

That being said from the 3 tied right now, my order didn't really change SL>>TPM(seems unfair to say citro as he did nothing to deserve this position)>>>Empoof

Also for activity dropping, I disagree, I think my activity is improving! Everyone else on the other hand...

[...]

For citro: [...] But on the other hand, against TPM, I did point out an interesting little tidbit in Eagle's responses to his voters, and that his tone was different when talking to TPM and aska, and aska did turn up as mafia already... Not solid obviously, but my kind of evidence and seemed fairly unintentional on Eagle's part(read I don't believe he could fake it).
In this post, I will continue to support my citro vote by further expanding on some of LW's points;

First point: it is a possibility that the mafia combo Eagle4-TPM-askaninjask made the decision that they wouldn't tie with each other, except for askaninjask putting forwards Eagle4 as a lynch target, something that would get askaninjask the ''town''-label. Now, ignoring someone and not connecting any ties obviously is scummy, but perhaps the plan was that askaninjask would be excused for this, since he was one of the first to bring up Eagle4. This is all just guessing, of course, but it makes sense to me.

Second point: I believe Eagle4 was a new player, meaning that he may indeed differentiate between villagers and mafias outside of scumchat, which would explain him talking differently to TPM and askaninjask. Now, citro can't help it that Eagle4 talked to TPM like that, but the fact remains that citro and TPM are the same role. Which again makes me feel like citro is mafia.

Added to this is citro's last Day 4 post, which I found suspicious, as I've explained before.

There are three day phases left to this game at worst, including this one. Don't make me sub people out at this stage, as that would be dumb.

~*~

Votecount 5.7 (UNCHANGED)

Lynch:
Shining Latios: (2) LightWolf Metal Sonic
citro: (2) More Cowbell Empoof
Empoof: (2) Spiffy Shining Latios
More Cowbell: (0) Metal Sonic
Not Voting: (1) citro

Sentry:
Spiffy: (2) Spiffy LightWolf
LightWolf: (1) citro
Metal Sonic: (1) Metal Sonic
Not Voting: (3) Shining Latios, More Cowbell, Empoof

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is in 34 hours and 21 minutes, 8:00 AM GMT (10:00 AM GMT+2)(personal issues).

Yeah I have no clue why this is. tbh unlike you guys I though TPM was much more giving off the impression of a newbie townie than scum, stuff like "hope this post was un-suspicious enough" really seems too obvious and out-there for a mafia to say early on.
For citro: I honestly don't have any problems with his posts(minus saying I'm against flipfloping or what, I positively recall reasoning against tunnel visioning on a Walrein lynch early day 3, but he might have got that from my analysises, it is easier to see things if people tunnel vision!).
I'm not sure what you mean here please explain :o
But on the other hand, against TPM, I did point out an interesting little tidbit in Eagle's responses to his voters, and that his tone was different when talking to TPM and aska, and aska did turn up as mafia already... Not solid obviously, but my kind of evidence and seemed fairly unintentional on Eagle's part(read I don't believe he could fake it).
I'm not even seeing this right now. TPM brought up new reasoning for Eagle4's vote which, while being wrong, hadn't been suggested before; TPM thought a zorbees/eagle scumteam was highly likely and so went with the eagle lynch. However, what I got from Eagle's post in hindsight is that because he knew zorbees was town, he would try to buddy up with him and get people to clean them as a pair. If it goes wrong and eagle is voted off they'd at least have a chance of lynching zorbees the villager, and possible even TPM after that.
That being said from the 3 tied right now, my order didn't really change SL>>TPM(seems unfair to say citro as he did nothing to deserve this position)>>>Empoof
In this post, I will continue to support my citro vote by further expanding on some of LW's points;

First point: it is a possibility that the mafia combo Eagle4-TPM-askaninjask made the decision that they wouldn't tie with each other, except for askaninjask putting forwards Eagle4 as a lynch target, something that would get askaninjask the ''town''-label. Now, ignoring someone and not connecting any ties obviously is scummy, but perhaps the plan was that askaninjask would be excused for this, since he was one of the first to bring up Eagle4. This is all just guessing, of course, but it makes sense to me.
"this is all just guessing, of course"... Obviously this hypothetical scenario COULD be a possibility, but so could 5000 others. Your entire argument here is based on me being 100% mafia; you're not supposed to fit the clues to the conclusion, it's the other way round. Here you've made the assumption that our scumteam completely planned out the lynch/bussing of Eagle4. If TPM really was mafia, why would he spend like a page making posts about how he "couldn't understand" why Eagle was scummy? if anything that'd only implicate him, so defending him at that point when still resolved to vote him would be rather silly.
Second point: I believe Eagle4 was a new player, meaning that he may indeed differentiate between villagers and mafias outside of scumchat, which would explain him talking differently to TPM and askaninjask. Now, citro can't help it that Eagle4 talked to TPM like that, but the fact remains that citro and TPM are the same role. Which again makes me feel like citro is mafia.
You're basically piggybacking here on LightWolf's gut feeling which imo is already pretty subjective. You didn't say anything in this post which hasn't already been said like twice by LW - you're not "expanding", you're parrotting.

If someone would explain what part of Eagle's post @ TPM points to me being scum, please do, I'm really curious.

Added to this is citro's last Day 4 post, which I found suspicious, as I've explained before.
It didn't come off like this, but that post was supposed to be a response to your question, not just a last minute "oh guys I think he's suspicious but he might be village too idk!!!". It was unfortunate that it came right before the votecount and also at a time when all I could do was hammer or leave it. At the time, I saw this massive shift of all the votes to aska instead and couldn't help feeling like it was planned out = ?maybe aska is actually village? regardless it doesn't negate the fact I voiced my suspicions on askaninjask earlier during the thread, even though I was misguided about his Eagle bus.

I'm town. I know we have 2 mislynches left but when I flip town you're going to get basically nothing except More Cowbell and Empoof pushing for my lynch, both of whom are already in the spotlight anyway. I'm gonna go ahead and post a few more thoughts since it's nearly 3am and my brain is whirring right now

I can't tell if More Cowbell is scum or just a misguided villager because he really wants me voted out, he was relatively early on the eagle lynch (though the teamvote may have been planned, shown by aska's play) and avoided aska's pressure altogether.

Empoof's posts seem really townie to me atm but he's pretty good at mafia so maybe he's just outsmarting me!

Lightwolf seems awfully neutral, like it's his job to evaluate everyone but accuse noone. I doubt SL is scum, so its weird that he's stayed on him for so long while letting others pass him by. SL is just kinda screwing around but there has been things he's done which makes absolutely no sense as a mafia, even a stupid one.

If Metal Sonic is scum and all this "#1 scumhunting" is actually a ploy to clean him completely, I will kick myself. He probably deserves to win for that, though.

I'm not getting such a pro-town feeling from what Spiffy has to say atm but his playstyle def points at him being town (stayed on eagle in ss/eagle voting, eagle stabbed at him while he was going down, quick to change to aska lynch > empoof yesterday, etc)

god, i re read this post for the missing 7th read for like 5 minutes, then finally realised it was myself, 10/10

Empoof I had posted reads earlier last day and since my other two mafia reads are dead I am turning to you! My town reads (aka everyone else) remains the same.

If I had to lynch someonen other than you it would be citro because sometimes I see him active lurking and TPM was kind of hesitant in voting for Eagle4 in awhile.

Empoof said:
I had good reason to believe aska was town (as did others, didn't you have aska listed as town?), but apparently it was an odd mafian move of his.
I think it's scummy that you discreetly bring up other people thinking aska was town as a defense for yourself. Try again.

Another minor thing that makes you seem scummy to me is how Eagle4 never mentions your inactivity the day he was lynched. This is WIFOM, but if you were not on his team I feel like Eagle would at least mention your inactivity to try and get the target off of him.

citro said:
I'm not getting such a pro-town feeling from what Spiffy has to say atm but his playstyle def points at him being town (stayed on eagle in ss/eagle voting, eagle stabbed at him while he was going down, quick to change to aska lynch > empoof yesterday, etc)
So what is your opinion of me? This is too unclear.

Pretty much all of your reads are indecisive and noncommital but I don't want to judge anyone on that anymore after the Walrein fiasco.

Someone give me a reason why Empoof would not fit into a scum team with Eagle4 and askaninjask, because I sure can't find one.

Sorry for the double post. I should probably read everything before I post something. :/

More Cowbell what exactly did you find redeemable about Empoof's latest post because I sure can't find anything other than him trying to get me to speak up. (Sorry about the inactivity by the way I should be more active from now on)

Empoof:

1.) What did you find scummy about my Day 1? On Day 2 you pretty much followed the "oh Spiffy is scummy" train without actually casting a vote. I find the fact that you voiced your concern of me without saying anything beforehand to be odd.

2.) Why do you rarely mention askaninjask (other than when you posted reads about everyone) for the entire game? I find that mafia try not to mention each other so other players can not make connections between them later in the game.

I think it's scummy that you discreetly bring up other people thinking aska was town as a defense for yourself. Try again.
I brought it up because part of his scum read against me was that I had listed aska as town, when he himself had listed him as town. I was not trying to be discreet, I thought I'd point out it was hypocritical of him so I tagged his post.
Spiffy said:
Another minor thing that makes you seem scummy to me is how Eagle4 never mentions your inactivity the day he was lynched. This is WIFOM, but if you were not on his team I feel like Eagle would at least mention your inactivity to try and get the target off of him.
He did.

Spiffy said:
1.) What did you find scummy about my Day 1? On Day 2 you pretty much followed the "oh Spiffy is scummy" train without actually casting a vote. I find the fact that you voiced your concern of me without saying anything beforehand to be odd.
I found you talking about No Lynch for too long scummy, it's an easy topic to make yourself sound town. Experienced players already know the right answer. I talked about you D1 with a lynch vote to get you moving more, and I remember thinking -granted, it was a month ago - the way you were harping on Jalmont being scum felt off.
Spiffy said:
2.) Why do you rarely mention askaninjask (other than when you posted reads about everyone) for the entire game? I find that mafia try not to mention each other so other players can not make connections between them later in the game.
This feels like a loaded question. I didn't mention aska much because I had an early town read on him, and through his questioning, discussion, and his calling out a mafia early, I didn't really have much to go against it. I had myself focused on different people I was convinced were more scummy, which was obviously a mistake.

Those are just some quick answers before my necessity to pass out, but feel free to keep questioning me or let me know if you need my answers fleshed out if they aren't enough for you. I have a feeling that no matter what I say I can't show you I'm town.

okay Spiffy, I don't like how you're completely tunneling Empoof. Your vote for him today was for the same reasons as yesterday; your reasons yesterday were "what zorbees said"; all zorbees actually said was "Walrein pointed out that Empoof didn't really defend himself when under pressure, just posted reads. I think an aska/Empoof scumteam is possible, although idk." which doesn't really seem like concrete evidence especially since Empoof has been a lot better at defending himself recently compared to a couple of days ago. Despite this though, your other plays (which I already mentioned) have really pointed to you being town, so I'm pretty torn on that one.

Empoof is difficult because he's been avoiding mentioning askaninjask and eagle had his "full town read" on him quite early in the game, which is weird. That said I think his posts sound really sincere and genuine so I'm struggling to get a read on him. What I'm wondering is that he's just outsmarting me with the honest tone of his posts, so I still think he's a good lynch.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Nevermind citro, I misread one of your posts, you called zorbees a flipflopper not me. Disregard that part, then I do not have anything at all against you. Only TPM.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am getting quite the same opinions as citro has displayed in his posts!(but the difference is I keep those reads to myself.. sometimes).

I'm sure he can be the #2 scumhunter! or maybe he is a better scumhunter than me!

Either way the similarity of his opinions and views to mine are quite reassuring and really make me feel he's town! (Y)

~1 day left guys! Make up your minds empoof or SL or whoever!

I will place my (#1 scumhunter) vote tomorrow

Votecount 5.8 (UNCH-CH-CHANGED)

Lynch:

Sentry:
Spiffy: (2) Spiffy LightWolf
LightWolf: (1) citro
Not Voting: (3) Shining Latios More Cowbell Empoof

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is in 20 hours and 12 minutes, 8:00 AM GMT (10:00 AM GMT+2).

Sounds like you get to be deputy, citro, congratulations on that lol.

Regarding Spiffy's question (what I found redeemable about Empoof's post): Empoof, in my opinion, does a good job at defending himself now he's under some serious pressure. He is realistic in his arguments, and finally explains some of his behaviour, something he hardly did before. Looking back at the post, it may not be as clean as I though it was on first read, but at least Empoof is responding to questions now. I also agreed with him on you (Spiffy) not posting enough, but gladly that is sorted out now.

Talking about not posting a lot, Shining Latios has been largely absent from the thread over the previous pages. Any updates on your thoughts, SL?

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
^
I lol'd

Nothing much to added that I want to add that citro hasn't already added

BT Could I request a 4 Hour Extension, I'll be getting home at 7pm tomorrow and the deadline happens to be at 3pm. I may or may not need to change my vote before deadline.

basically the deadline could be at the same time as you last posted vote count 5.8

That would be great thanks

Sentry Spiffy
After looking through the thread, this just makes the most sense to me. Unless this is some next level mafia play, I'm going to consider spiffy town. If we end up not lynching me today, it'd be nice to have him sentried so he can continue berating me during the next day.

Shining Latios, could you flesh out your opinion on me? You and More Cowbell are also the last to use sentry votes, so who are you willing to sentry today?

Oh yes, I forgot to sentry anyone. I'm going to Sentry LightWolf - so far he has made a good impression on me, helping out the village with reads and analyses. The last time the two of us posted reads, they were very much alike, too, making me feel that LW is a villager too.

Votecount 5.9

Lynch:

Sentry:
Spiffy: (3) Spiffy LightWolf Empoof
LightWolf: (2) citro More Cowbell
Not Voting: (1) Shining Latios

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is in 12 hours and 30 minutes, 8:00 AM GMT (10:00 AM GMT+2).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)