Serious Official Smogon Rankings

If we go the spreadsheet's logic that more tournament wins = better player, Eternal is better than Gouki

lol!

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
mcmeghan bloo and heist should be higher than tier 2

mcm: tier 1
heist: tier 1
bloo: tier 1.99

Welcome to Smogon, where everything will get a fair chance by using tierlists.

With everything we mean absolutely everything.

Next: tierlist of World Cup teams or a tierlist for best threads?

Alice

The worst taste in music
No list is respectable w/o Tier SS++++plusextragod: SHINYCARLETTO

EDIT: I guess Lady Bug can also be on that tier due to recent events...

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
McMeghan, do you think you can generate a list of player rankings for 2012-2013? I am much more interested in whose good NOW than who conquered Pokemon 4 years ago -.-;

Not all good players remain good in Pokemon - even Earthworm dropped a notch this year, due to his LoL fetish

shouldn't there be some sort of community vote for this or something and not just a one night thing on the irc
assuming you want to make this a thing?
[tournament wins aren't everything after all]

for people that know what they're talking about/have more than single digit posts obviously but still

[also for the best mod because birkal is the shit]

after watching a few wcop games i question why a certain manager is on this list

serious: why not make it per tier instead of overall ? that'd probably be more accurate

Yan is on 2 tiers (LOL) and pi face, a SPL champion and mvp isn't on the list... That's just sad.

Despite this flaw, I thought it was a rly cool iniciative. =]

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I beat aldaron in a monobattle for a tourney does that mean I can be on here???

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Marriland sucks... He always did. Lets not kid ourselves. It was meant to be a joke by him being added.

I like to think I am above average. Some of the tier 3 people could be above average, or average more or less. I know Bloo and Heist for example would vouch that I am deserving to be on this rank list. I also know they know I am not just average.
The point is that if a sucky player makes the list, then practically everyone actually belongs on it somewhere.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Lizardman I disagree. I think you are pretty new.

Edit: also lol its hard to believe that atticus was a beast at pokemon at any given time. that guy is a f*cking cakewalk. easily beaten with very little (if any) sweat.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
NOTE: This is a WIP. I liked the idea of ranking players and felt like helping you guys with my own contribution. Please remember that this is subjective and only shows my very own opinion of Smogon's playerbase.

God Tier:
Earthworm
Lady buga
Folgorio

Earthworm and Lady bug are obvious God Tier players, with both of them being the Absolute Best at this Game. Folgorio might sound weird alongside those two, but I'd argue that he deserves it for carrying a winning SPL team on his back and doing really well on Smogon Tour when he actually played.

S Tier:
chaos
Gouki
ViL
husk
Loki

Most of these should be pretty obvious. While they are not as skillful as God Tier players, these players are still among the best of the best. I think the only controversial part about this S Tier is chaos, but I actually have put a lot of effort into this list and I went as far back as I could in Pokemon Battle Log history (2005-2006). All I can say is chaos was actually super dominant back then and there have been many times where he just outplayed people such as Loki or VIL. Feel free to PM to acquire said logs.

A Tier:

Panamaxis
Goofball
MoP
Atticus
Bloo
McMeghan
Kevin Garrett

Everything here is pretty self-explanatory. While you may question Kevin Garrett's spot, I tried to be as objective as possible and the fact that he has clinched the first spot of the DPP Shoddy ladder many times, added to the fact that he won a Smogon Tour (and made multiple final appearances) clearly shows how consistent and solid he was back in his prime.

B Tier:

August
Zak91
Hector
IPL
remlabmez
scofield
Golden Sun
Philip7086
Lady Bug
Krack
ToF
6A9 Ace Matador
Ciele
Bluewind
Aldaron
JabbaTheGriffin
Reachzero
Hanke
M Dragon
BKC
DracoMalfoy
Ojama
Heist
Farmer
reyscarface
DarkLucario
Maniaclyrasist

I may have left out some players here. Anyway, all those players are pretty good but just lacked the consistency and impression of power the players in the above tiers showed when they were around.
I can already feel everyone will rage at IPL being a mere B Tier player in my opinion, but let me explain myself. IPL, while being a good player, was always playing the same style, which kind of shows his limited ability already. He did great in several tours but never actually won anything of note until he used Baton Pass in OST, something that is seen as skilless by many nowadays. It might just seem like an outsider's opinion, but I actually fought him a lot of times and he never really impressed me, hence why I put him in this tier.

--WIP to be continued--

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)