Cresselia used Will-O-Wisp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problem however, is everyone know you're crazy to stay in on a heracross, so most will just Stone Edge you so it can take down it's counter so that it could sweep.

Staying in would result in you taking neutral hits and a beat-down from your horrible conditions, OR, that nice little crobat would get some rocks to the face, resulting in a dead crobat, a burnt or (even better) sleeping Cresselia so it can just ram it's little horns in your face.
What if I'm someone else and I think using a crobat is stupid so I'm using a gliscor.

taking nuetral damage with relfect up, stone edge will only do 35% which is only 29% after leftovers and I can just ohko with aerial ace.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Even so, carrying Aerial Ace is tacky. Gliscor walls Heracross without it, so it's unnecessary.

The point is, if you stayed in with cresselia long enough to harm yourself by 50% or more, without heracross doing anything? Then you're still at the disadvantage, regardless of whatevery heracross counter you bring up.

Well... you COULD switch into a WoW on a pokemon, right? And just Psycho Shfit the burn (or Any status afflication, for that matter)

Blah blah blah what if I passed +6 atk, def, satk, spdef, evasion, accuracy, speed, and a sub to lucario and have spikes sandstorm toxic spikes and burned all 6 of your pokes?

WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF stop trying to defend your argument with WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF. What if you were banned before you could use Psycho Shift? The sooner you accept what people are saying, the sooner this dies down and you wouldn't have to argue anymore.

Even so, carrying Aerial Ace is tacky. Gliscor walls Heracross without it, so it's unnecessary.

The point is, if you stayed in with cresselia long enough to harm yourself by 50% or more, without heracross doing anything? Then you're still at the disadvantage, regardless of whatevery heracross counter you bring up.
What? No aerial ace on gliscor? Aerial ace will always ohko heracross and if stone edge CHs, it will just override reflect's halving powers and just ohko you back. Now you don't have a gliscor.

And that brings up another point. I'm really only using cress to take care of salamence, garchomp and gyarados, much like how I only use gliscor to take care of heracross. Of course it can take care of other things but as long as my wall KO's what it's supposed to counter, I'm fine with that.

Blah blah blah what if I passed +6 atk, def, satk, spdef, evasion, accuracy, speed, and a sub to lucario and have spikes sandstorm toxic spikes and burned all 6 of your pokes?

WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF stop trying to defend your argument with WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF. What if you were banned before you could use Psycho Shift? The sooner you accept what people are saying, the sooner this dies down and you wouldn't have to argue anymore.
Wow, I type slow..

Burn Orb even sucks on Milotic who gets Marvel Scale which is an instant def booster AND Milotic gets Recover.

This idea sucks.

Hmm. people aren't fond of Psycho Shift Restalk Cressy, eh?

You guys are beating at the cons without trying it first. Cresselia's not really meant to attack, as there are much better options out there that can attack.

The metagame is purely situational in my opinion. No matter how much you practice and memorize things you will still lose a game every now and then. We can only come up with some sets that can deal with what we see as common threats.

You switch Cresselia in on something that it is normally faster against and then you Psycho Shift the Burn. Heatran's, Ninetales', and Houndoom's Flash Fire won't be activated either so that's one less liability than using Will-o-Wisp.

I gave Cressy Grass Knot in her fourth slot for more PP and to hit the big mudskipper and most dragons you see get screwed over just by being burned anyway...

252 HP/128 in both Defenses with either calm or bold gives the defenses a 10 point difference, which maximizes what Cressy can take I believe.

That's my two cents.

I'm sorry that this post is of such little signifigence, but I'd also like to mention that any Psycho shift resttalking cressy has a chance at breaking the sleep cause, which might instantly cause you to loose a match.

If you battle with Friend Codes on PBR and on Shoddy you don't have to worry about that, right?
No you don't. This set couldn't operate without High risk on normal wifi.

Oh, and my opinion about this set is that it's gimmicky, and that the lack of lefties might hurt you in the end, but It's useable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)