UU Rate My Team

This isn't my first RMT, but hopefully its my best. I made this team based around my favorite pokemon,

BLASTOISE

And so it began, i kept thinking of all the pokemon that counter Blastoise in UU and made a team that is designed to defend this turtle. (Changes in red)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So I needed a lead, I went with trickscarf Uxie, which i used to like but it doesnt help late-game so i traded it. I put in ambipom, which was good, but it wasn't good enough, but one that could come in later and still do a good amount of damage. So I went with the big man himself, Donphan.

Set: Donphan @ Leftovers, M
Nature: Adamant, Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Defence
Moves: Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Ice Shard, Stone Edge
(suggested by Alexa888 over Assurance)
This set is least customized, but it gets the job done. Donphan can take on most leads and their switch-ins for Donphan, suck as Mismagius and Altaria. If Donphan can't get the job done, it can safely switch out without fearing a Pursuit. If I had used Uxie or Ambipom, I wouldn't be able to come back late-game and finish off those pesky pokemon that the rest of my team can't deal with. Thus, making him a more useful anti-lead than the others. Stealth Rock is pretty self-explanitory.
So next up is one of my other favorites, but trust me I don't like all the starters (looking at you 5th gen). So I went with Sceptile.

Set: Sceptile @ Leftovers, F
Nature: Timid, Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed
Moves: Substitute, Leech Seed, Energy Ball, HP Ice

This set looks like the SubSeed Sceptile Set on Smogon (don't even try to say that ten times fast) but I swapped the EVs to give her more of a sweeping chance. I can sub on the switch, which is normally a fire or a grass. For fires, I seed and re-sub as I stall out their health and not lose too much of mine. For grass, I hit the HP Ice until they die, such as Venusaur or Torterra. This also works with flying types (bar Articuno and Moltres). I love this set due to its ability to cover its weaknesses with relative ease.
So, I needed a physical sweeper, but a little more bulky while maintaining some speed and not being weak to ice. So the perfect fit was Arcanine.

Set: Arcanine @ Leftovers, F
Nature: Adamant, Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Moves: Extremespeed, Flare Blitz, Toxic, Thunder Fang

This is a custom set, for maximum damage. Intimidate on the switch allows for a forced switch on something like a Scyther or Venusaur and then I normally use Extremespeed if I expect the switch. I use leftovers to keep Arcanine alive after a repeated Flare Blitz attack on the opponent. Extremespeed is for damage against fast frail pokemon such as Alakazam. Toxic is for damage if I dont have a living counter for it or if I'm about to die. Thunder Fang is for water switch ins and Moltres and Articuno that Sceptile can't deal with. This set does pretty well against a variety of the UU metagame, the only problem is Dugtrio, which I use extremespeed against and hope I can do some damage before I go out.
I use offensive teams, and I try to keep 3 physical based and 3 special based pokemon, so we all know I got Blastoise coming up later for special damage, so I needed a pokemon to get the job done, like Mismagius

Set: Mismagius @ Leftovers, F
Nature: Timid, Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4/HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed
Moves: Substitute, Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot, HP Fighting

I swapped Missy in for Kazam after some experimenting, Missy proved much better. After a NP it can sweep pretty much the whole tier and it can avoid a Sucker Punch with a Sub and then HP Fighting for the KO, which also gets Rocks and Steels. I can switch in on a ground move hailed at Arcanine and safely set up and get sweeping. (Fun fact, Missy swept PokeChampionNoah bot, who uses Ubers as well as OU pokemon)
So i was thinking after a few hours of playing, that some pokemon really piss me the fuck off. So i decided to use one of them, Hitmontop.

Set: Hitmontop @ Life Orb, M
Nature: Adamant, Ability: Technician
EVs: 84 HP/ 252 Attack/ 146 Defence/ 26 Special Defence
Moves: Fake Out, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Sucker Punch

The TechniTop is one of the most frustrating pokemon to deal with IMHO, so i decided to use it for my advantage. The EVs max attack and bring HP/Defence/ Spc. Defence up to 262 each, providing some bulk. All the priority moves + Technician provides for a lot of damage, more than I expected. I can come in and revenge kill or I can simply just start attacking and weaking foe after foe, and if he doesn't get the job done, Arcanine can go ahead and Extremespeed them for the faint.
Well you knew this was coming, my favorite pokemon. No need to explain why I chose Blastoise. Hes a freaking turtle with cannons for shoulders.

Set: Blastoise @ Lum Berry, M
Nature: Modest, Ability: Torrent
EVs: 100HP/ 100 Defence/ 252 Special Attack/ 56 Special Defense
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Haze, Toxic

Yeah, all you people are thinking that my nature and my EVs and my moves and my item are all fucked up. Well keep reading and don't be so closed-minded. I went with Lum Berry cause everyone wants to status this tank, cause he kicks ass. I went with the Modest to dish out some damage, cause he kicks ass. I went with the EV spread to maximize damage and keep some bulk, cause he kicks ass. The moves are to get the job done, haze to stop pokemon who think they can set up in my face (such as you Belly Drum Linoone) and to deal residual damage, I went with toxic. I can ice beam those Venusaurs who think they got something on me.

Let me know what you guys think

Hmm, not a bad team really. There's only really a few suggestions I have.

Why do you have HP Fighting on Zam? I'd rather have Signal Beam in its place, but that's just me. Then again, I see you have energy ball, which is an interesting choice. I'd be curious to see really how well that did. If nothing else, you have the element of a surprise moveset on your side. Most people put focus blast on a zam for a fighting move, though with only a 70% accuracy I suppose I can see why you would use HP Fighting. The only problem is, it just isn't really that strong.

I also understand you think that it is a waste of a slot to put stealth rock on donphan. I know that most a decent amount of time, people usually do pack a rapid spinner. However, you have neither. I would atleast ponder the idea of throwing on stealth rock on donphan as opposed to ice shard maybe? Especially if you plan on him not dying from the beginning. If they get blown away you can always set them back up. Needing Rapid Spin on your team isn't that big of an issue because the vast majority of your team doesn't take too much damage.

I also wonder how well you would do against a good rain dance team. A few good pokemon with swift swim could put a decent hurt on your team. Especially if they are packing something like a quick lanturn. However, I wouldn't put too much thought into trying to prevent a rain dance team. As long as you were smart I think you could manage. Though, you might want to think about getting a thunderbolt somewhere on your team. Not just for rain dance teams, but for more difficult water pokemon in general. If they pull out a late game water sweeper and your sceptile isn't around, you might have a difficult time. Glancing over your team, I'm not real sure where I'd put one though.

Good job. Hope this helped somewhat.

Youre right, I dont like the accuracy on Focus Blast, and i took signal beam off because i can also hit normal types like Clefable and Chansey for more damage that try to wall me, along with houndoom. I like ice shard on donphan over SR because i can get grass and flying pokemon that think they can come in on an EQ and hit frail pokemon hard like Alakazam. I got thunderfang on arcanine but i might put Tbolt on Alakazam if one of his moves doesnt work as well as it normally does.

Run this lead:
Donphan @ Focus Sash
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide.

Trust me, assurance is pointless on a lead, it doesnt actually help against the lake guardians or Alakazam. I wrote a bit on lead Donphan in my RMT (in sig), and he does very well against common leads. Plus you get SR up. SR I believe would hugely benefit your team. No-one likes Moltres, and Sub Seed Sceptile is going to cause many switches and rack up a lot of residual damage.

If you fear rain (I dont think your team fears it that much but someone mentioned it then run Technitop
Hitmontop @ Life Orb
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Fake out | Bullet Punch | Mach Punch | Sucker Punch

Awesome against Kabutops and Omastar, among other things. Also counters Houndoom well.

Focus Blast on zam over HP fight. You can avoid losing the speed tie to Sceptile, opposing zam and Dugtrio, which is kinda cool. Also, 50 more Base Power is a heck of a lot to miss out on, just because of 30% less accuracy.

Replace Haze on Blastoise with HP Grass, else every water pokemon in the world will beat you. I am right in thinking you want to 'sweep' with Blastoise.

Hope this helped

I have haze on Blastoise for all those stat uppers, which can wreak havoc on him but otherwise can hardly touch him and i can counter. I normally toxic other waters and switch out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)