BP Ubers

Aaah, for my next segment, I decided to go off on about Baton Pass teams. I never really was quite good at them anyways. I'll start off at Ubers, then work my way down the tiers into Little Cup. Mew is the only Uber that I can really run, aside from the reciever of course, but I can make do:

Timer Ball set-Blitz, NINJASPEED: Bug Scout!
♀

Leftovers
Speed Boost
248 HP/52 Attack/184 Def/24 Speed
Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)
X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Protect
Substitute

Ninjask is fast (obviously), and gets the job done, especially against many leads. Also, armed with STAB Bug, Ninjask can outright slaughter most of them. If Ninjask gets enough Attack boosts, she could sweep herself, but she is employed to get the Speed across, and she does that well.

Poké Ball set-Dissolve, AQUAPURITY: 99% Water!
♀

Leftovers
Water Absorb
192 HP/252 Def/64 Speed
Calm (+Special Def, -Attack)
Baton Pass
Ice Beam
Substitute
Wish

Generic Ice coverage here. Aside from being a Water and Ice resistance herself, she also carries Wish whenever I may need it.
On the other hand, she is still highly suspectible to Thunder, especially when my only Electric resistance is my recipient. She doesn't really DO anything.

Premier Ball set-Trace, COPYBEAGLE: Con Artist!
♀

Lum Berry
Own Tempo
252 HP/252 Speed/4 Special Def
Jolly (+Speed, -Special Attack)
Spore
Ingrain
Baton Pass
Substitute

Spore, Ingrain, and Baton Pass are all musts. Substitute, not as quite, but almost as necessary. I'm not sure if I need Smeargle herself, but a Sleep and Ghost immunity isn't bad.
Lum Berry's main use is against Toxic Spikes or switching into Dark Void, though I'm not sure if it's the best Item choice for this team.

Heal Ball set-Conjure, WINDSHIELD: Air Appearance!
♂

Leftovers
Soundproof
252 HP/56 Speed/200 Special Def (30 Attack, Def IV)
Calm (+Special Def, -Attack)
Hidden Ice Power
Baton Pass
Calm Mind
Taunt

Instant Roar block. Other than that, Mr. Mime carries pretty good Special, in bulk, attacking, and Passing. At the time of typing of this article, I decided to slot Taunt over Hypnosis.

Cherish Ball set-Hymn, HEAVENSOUL: Guardian of the Life Forest!

Leftovers
Synchronize
252 HP/48 Def/108 Speed/100 Special Def
Jolly (+Speed, -Special Attack)
Baton Pass
Taunt
Swords Dance
Iron Defense

Mew is inarguably solid here. It solely handles the Attack and Defense (well, it can do anything, really...even Taunt...). Uh, in short, Mew fills anything for the team, even if someone needs to get replaced.
I've actually been suggested to use Bulk Up. One Swords Dance is all what I need to OHKO Blissey, however.
But then I wonder if I truly need Iron Defense other than Mew using it to defend itself from the likes of Scizor. Perhaps I should relegate Barrier to Mr. Mime and allow Mew to have Rock Polish? Make Vaporeon have Acid Armor over Substitute?

Timer Ball set-Rewind, TIMEARCEUS: Disruptor of Sequence!

Life Orb
Pressure
4 Def/252 Speed/252 Special Attack
Modest (+Special Attack, -Attack)
Brick Break
Dragon Pulse
Thunder
Flamethrower

Ideal situation other than have +6 in every single stat, full HP, and a Sub would most likely be a healthy amount of Speed from Ninjask, one Swords Dance, and lots of Special. Lots of Iron Defense is ok also. As aforementioned, Brick Break shall demolish Blissey in two hits (not factoring Swords Dance, and Electric + Fire should help cover anything the main attack does not.
The first Pokemon considered was Defense Deoxys. Other Pokemon considered for a change were Mewtwo, Giratina and Palkia.
Maybe I should use Expert Belt or Draco Plate?

Threats
I just had a match where I got straight-out tormented by Heatran (which, by the way, did not Torment). Still, Heatran probably would have still run me over without Taunt.
Other things that would rip things apart are Forretress' Explosion and just about any Thunder.
Lugia can Whirlwind Dialga or use Thunder Wave, which partially why I'm considering to use Expert Belt. Maybe Lum Berry...

All in all, I just finished my second match with Dialga, and I only took out the lead Speed Deoxys. The first one ended with Dialga dealing out ok damage.

This Baton Pass team isn't as complicated as most. All what I really need is Speed from Ninjask and a sole Swords Dance from Mew, as well as Special boost. I'm only using Calm Mind for Special bulk, but should Mr. Mime or Mew switch to going Nasty Plot instead?

I am on Shoddy Battle: Smogon Server every day, most of the time.
www.youtube.com/PhilosophicalPsycho
Philosophy: I don't do drugs. I wouldn't poison myself even if it would cost me my life. It's not cool.

Golbat used Thief. Could not steal the mechanics.statuses.items.EffectiveMoveWeakener@1b9d613 from Giratina-o. It's super effective! Giratina-o lost 10% of its health. The Colbur Berry weakened Thief's power! Giratina-o used Ancientpower. It's super effective! Golbat lost 39% of its health.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)