OU Pretty (Popular) Things

i would switch starmies place on the team with heatran, as heatran unfortunately can't do much to many of the top leads, either being koed, or revealing your scarf and giving a free switch. heatran can then come in later, use stealth rock and give the allure of bait tran, giving you a better shot at abusing scarf. I would also give Heatran Explosion over HP Grass. it gives you a much safer way of fighting bulky waters that stop ddtar or scizor, also with enough prediction eliminates any chance of mence setting up.

i normally would replace psychic with rapid spin on starmie but you do have an unfortunate weakness to machamp, so i would suggest to might as well keep it - however, i think hydro pump should go over surf, especially since you can cut many of your losses with psychic anyway (and starmie can ko a lot of things with psychic/hydro pump that psychic/surf wouldn't).

i'd switch out tyranitar's babiri for leftovers, lum berry or passho/shuca berry - steel-type attacks are entirely contained by magnezone (who you have hp fire on even) and tyranitar would much rather have the assurance of recovery of health, status, or even water/ground attacks - allowing you to get that extra dragon dance in and basically sweep everything.

i'd really suggest superpower over brick break on scizor, you want to be doing a lot of damage to skarmory, as well as koing any magnezone sudden switch-in. superpower does decrease health, but its all for giving tyranitar a better shot of sweeping.

you lack a very viable revenge to gyarados, and zapdos is already handled by tyranitar, so i would switch stone edge to thunderpunch on flygon - giving you just an extra safety precaution vs dd lo gyarados who could cause trouble.

If you're running Babiri Berry on Tyranitar, the fourth slot is typically reserved for Fire Punch, because Tyranitar cannot otherwise OHKO Scizor. If you want to run Earthquake for the coverage instead, then I recommend you simply give Tyranitar Leftovers or Life Orb, because not switching out against a Scizor isn't going to help you anyway when he 2HKOs you (or threatens to) with Bullet Punch. While Stone Edge has a decent chance of OHKOing after Stealth Rock, if you don't manage to, the Babiri Berry is wasted. In addition, CB Scizor's U-Turn will always OHKO Tyranitar.

Overall coverage is pretty good, but note that you have nothing to outspeed +1 base 100s - your best bet against a DD'd Salamence is to go Flygon and hope they didn't pick a +speed nature. There are similar problems against opposing Scarf Flygon, which can threaten 5/6 of your team with STAB Earthquake. Scizor can land one hit, and if Mence isn't running Fire Blast or Flamethrower, force a double KO, but needs the Swords Dance to be able to deal lethal, and will very likely die to +1 Earthquake once it takes a single Life Orb recoil.

You should run timid on Magnezone because then you can outrun slower Scizor and Metagross who don't invest in speed. if they move before you and Scizor Superpowers and Meta EQ's then can't Flygon for outrage free.

Flygon needs Jolly to atleast ty with Jirachi, Salamence and other base 100 with Scarf or DD.

Also consider atleast Jolly on T-tar, with Jolly you outspeed Starmie and Azelf. the former can otherwise Surf or Hydro Pump you.

Hmm the first thing i see wrong is the lead. It does not do much to standard leads today. I would go with Shuca berry because it is the preferred item because you set up stealth rocks in front of a ton of more leads like aero. Scarf isn't really a good thing without u-turn in the lead position so take that out and replace with shuca berry. This team is not the best but it will have its battles. 5.5/10

Hey kingken77,

Cool team! I see you're interested into shinies xD. I have to admit kd pretty much said everything, but nonetheless missed a couple of nitpicks.

The first nitpick relates to Heatran; I want to suggest giving him a Shuca Berry, using Explosion over Hidden Power Grass, and using a Timid Nature. This will give you an easier time against stall b/c you will have the freedom to switch moves. For Magnezone, use Hidden Power Ice over Fire and a Timid Nature. Hidden Power Ice with Thunder Wave will help you cripple and get rid of Scizor's and Tyranitar's checks. The grounds that come in on Magnezone will be taken care of for Tyranitar like Flygon and Gliscor. The power loss isn't huge and you need the speed to take care of all the pokemon in the 231 Spe range. Next, I want to suggest a better EV spread for Scizor, since your spread is inefficent atm only outspeeding Resttalk Gyarados, Agility Empoleon, and other SD Scizor. The spread you should use is 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe; it will outspeed certain pokemon I know around the 187 Spe range and most Scizor. I can't believe I'm saying this, but unless you know how to play around Machamp well I need to second keeping Psychic on Starmie. To end, I want to suggest using a Lum Berry on Tyranitar to get rid of crippling status from the likes of Toxic Spikes, which you don't stop atm, and such. You might even want to try Fire Punch on Tyranitar to get rid of Breloom on the switch if you have lum, but this isn't necessary.

Think that's it for now; hope it helps and good luck!

EDIT: Can't believe I didn't notice, you check all threats well except for Lucario! It can't really setup a Swords Dance, but can sweep most of your team without it. I hate scarfing two pokemon, but keeping one of Heatran, Magnezone, Tyranitar, or Scizor is probably the safe choice. Its your choice to which you scarf, but keep in mind that it will make your life a little difficult against stall. I would use Scarfzor just b/c it has U-turn to keep the momentum, but ultimately it might not be the greatest choice. All in all, testing is your best bet.

I did take suggestions, changes are in red. I kept Surf over Hydro Pump due to reliability (I have the worst luck possible) on Starmie. I'm going to keep HP Fire over Ice because I can switch to Flygon for ground attacks, and eventually I'll get Starmie around to killing it. I can handle Lucario with both of my scarf users (mainly heatran because it resists extremespeed) but I'd have a harder time with Agility Lucario more than SD.

after taking suggestions, i dont seem to know any threats that i can't handle. if anyone can notice anything I didn't cover, let me know so i can better my team.

You lack a phazer, and a Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock. And even if no one on your team is weak to Stealth Rock, they can, bar Flygon, still be damaged by Spikes. Every team needs a spinner.

I'd also recommend Rotom-a or Dusknoir as a spin-blocker.

Also, three Choice item users is a no-no.

I dont get why I need a phazer, I counter everything on the threat list. I dont heavily depend on SR too much because i do fine without it, thus i dont need a spin blocker. I have 2 choice users because one is a trick user, and heatran and flygon are fine to have choice items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)