Ubers for Idiots

Info. Beforehand

Tier:Ubers
CRE on TeamUber Server: Peaked 1684 (#2)
CRE on Smogon: 1521
Reasoning behind showcasing RMT: Advent of Pokemon BW

...I'm just going to skip all the small talk and get right down to the real business why you guys are here.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252SpA. 252Spe. 4HP
Moveset:
1. Trick
2. Dark Pulse
3. Dark Void
4. Focus Blast

Well, this is pretty much the standard Darkrai lead and I find it works quite well. This set easily defeats the standard Deoxys variant leads and works reasonably well against Kyogre, Groudon and Dialga leads without Lum Berry. For me, starting off the match on 5:6 is oddly satisfying and keeps the momentum on my side.

Moveset
Trick: I find that I hardly ever use Trick as the Scarf is usually necessary to act as a back-up revenge killer. It does however, with a little prediction remove CM Kyogre and Bulk Up Dialga.
Dark Pulse: For 2HKOing threats such as Giratina, Lugia and Latios after SR damage.
Dark Void: Self-Explanatory.
Focus Blast: Focus Blast destroys the Steel types lurking around, along with opposing Darkrai's. 70 accuracy is a bit annoying though.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVS: 252HP. 56Atk. 200SpD
Moveset:
1. U-Turn
2. Bullet Punch
3. Superpower
4. Pursuit

With all those Dragon types rampaging around, Scizor provide the crucial Dragon resist for my team. Its steel typing also lets it check Latios and Mewtwo quite effectively. The EVs are for extra special defense as the majority of Ubers all hit from the specially offensive spectrum. Scizor's scouting capabilities are unparalled and I find the free switch-ins very relieving for the rest of my team.

Moveset
U- Turn- For scouting the opponents team, usually my main move against choiced attackers that I know will switch. It can even do ~30% to the standard support Groudon.
Bullet Punch- Technician Bullet punch is for revenge killing powerful threats such as Latios and Darkrai after they have been sufficiently weakened.
Superpower- This is just to hit hard against opposing Scizors, as well as destroying Blissey along the way.
Pursuit- I find this move to be a bit redundant as if the opponents going to switch, I'll usually just U-turn.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252HP. 128Atk. 32Def. 60SpD. 36Spe
Moveset:
1. Stealth Rock
2. Roar
3. Stone Edge
4. Earthquake

Well, I needed a pokemon to set up SR and after reading one of Train Man's warstories, I decided on this Bulky Behemoth. The weather poses no advantage to me whatsover, aside from the x1.5 boost in Fire blast for Dialga and Palkia. Groudon's offensive power is fantastic, and I can often OHKO the standard Ubers Blissey with an Earthquake. Its sturdy defenses allows me to switch it into Garchomps and other threats and EQ them for a 2HKO. The given EVs allow Groudon to outrun the standard Ho-oh and OHKO it with Stone edge before it can Sacred fire.

Moveset
Stealth Rock- SR is a necessity for offense oriented teams as it turns most 2HKOs into OHKOs after a couple of switches.
Roar- Roar acts to phase certain threats like SD garchomp, as well as screwing up baton-passers like Ninjask.
Stone Edge- Stone Edge replaces the previous Thunder-wave, so that Groudon can check Ho-Oh and SD Rayquaza much more effectively.
Earthquake- Earthquake for dealing massive damage wherever you go, it can even OHKO non-bulky Dialga variants after a bit of residue damage.

Shaymin-S @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
1. Seed Flare
2. Air Slash
3. Earth Power
4. Hidden Power {Ice}

Perhaps the haxiest and coolest Pokemon (IMO) in existence. Shaymin-S acts as the revenge killer for an assortment of threats, ranging from opposing Scarfers such as Garchomp and Kyogre, as well as +2 Speed Groudon. Modest was chosen over Timid as it guaranteed the OHKO on 4HP/0SpD Kyogre which Timid did not. Its main selling point, serene grace has changed the verdict of countless games to my favour and is certainly not to be underestimated.

Moveset
Seed Flare: With the 80% chance of lowering SpD 2 stages, Seed flare gives Shaymin-s the opportunity to blast through special walls, after a drop. I remember a near fatal situation involving a Bulk up Dialga which had amassed 3-4 boosts (Groudon having been incapacitated), I managed to hit it with 2 Seed Flares, lowering its SpD 4 stages before biting the dust, allowing Palkia to revenge kill with Spacial Rend.
Air Slash: Shaymin-S's other STAB move and just as haxy as Seed flare, the 60% Flinch usually gives me the opportunity to KO threats who can survive a seed flare.
Earth Power: Simply for taking down Dialga after it has reached 50% as well as destroying Lucario and Infernape who might show up in Ubers time to time.
Hidden Power Ice: This is solely for taking down Garchomp, Salamence and Rayquaza (Shaymin-S usually survives a +2 Extremespeed).

Dialga @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 120HP. 136Atk. 252SpA
Moveset:
1. Draco Meteor
2. Thunder
3. Fire Blast
4. Brick Break

Dialga acts as my teams Stall breaker and can usually switch in on walls such as Forretress and Blissey. Usually, the opponents seeing no LO and leftovers recovery suspect a scarf/specs variant and the surprise with expert belt usually allows me to take down an unsuspecting Blissey with Brick break or a Giratina with a Draco Meteor. Dialga's Draco Meteor always dishes out massive damage even when resisted.

Moveset
Draco Meteor: Draco Meteor is for solid damage on a majority of Ubers threats. I can often afford to fire this off haphazardly as the damage will dent even those that resist it.
Thunder: Thunder is to abuse the weather if Kyogre switches in and the paralysis rate comes in quite handy at times.
Fire Blast: Fire Blast is for roasting the likes of Scizor, Forretress and Metagross if they have the guts to switch into Draco Meteor. Works very well in the sun.
Brick Break: Mainly for hitting Blisseys for the 2HKO after it has switched into Draco Meteor, as well as hitting Darkrai's for SE damage although it is also, only a 2HKO. Messes a bit with Wobbuffet, unless they try encore.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
1. Spacial Rend
2. Surf
3. Fire Blast
4. Thunder

Well, this is my third scarf user and mainly for finishing off an assortment of threats such as DD/SD Rayquaza and Latios/Latias after they have been sufficiently weakened (usually by a Bullet punch from Scizor). It's other role is as a lategame sweeper after all the opposing pokemon have been weakened to spacial rend KO range. One of the things I learned from playing Ubers, is that it is a very, very speed reliant metagame, 3 scarf abusers are absolutely necessary and at certain times, It's not even enough. Palkia's typing also allows it to act as a great check to the omnipresent SpecsOgre, although Max HP water spout does 40%.

Moveset
Spacial Rend: This is for destroying the dragons who thrive in the Ubers metagame. Spacial rend usually acts as a reliable STAB, OHKOing powerful threats such as Rayquaza and opposing Palkias.
Surf: I find Surf not being used very often and it is usually eschewed for Spacial rend, since I have sun up most of the time.
Fire Blast: Fire Blast allows for an easy KO on opposing fire weak threats and has the highest damage output in the sun (180BP).
Thunder: Thunder is for killing Kyogre as none of my other pokes can take its surfs/water spouts in the rain.

RHS - Rate, Hate, Steal...

Threat List (Stolen from Shrang)
Minor Threats in Orange
Major threats in Red

Main threats:

Kyogre – Palkia is a solid switch in to all Kyogres, 2HKOing with Thunder. Groudon can paralyse on the switch, Shaymin-S KOs with Seed Flare. Dialga can also KO it with Thunder.

Groudon – Shaymin-S checks all Groudon, My own groudon can weaken it for the revenge kill from Palkia or Darkrai.

Rayquaza – DD Rayquazas are taken out by Palkia and Shaymin-S. SD variants are annoying as +2 Extremespeed can OHKO both with a layer of spikes +SR.

Palkia – Scarfed ones are annoying, as if I lose the speed tie from my own Palkia, it stuffs me over a bit. Dialga can survive a rend and KO back with Draco Meteor.

Dialga
– Scizor can take a draco Meteor and take it down with superpower. Groudon outspeeds most variants and 2HKOs/OHKOs with EQ.

Mewtwo –Scizor pretty much finishes most ones quite easily, Darkrai KOs with Dark pulse, Shaymin-S can 2HKO with Air slash.

Wobbuffet – I hate Wobbuffet. It can kill off Palkia and Shaymin-S no sweat. I can generally work around it though and Darkrai and Scizor can take it down.

Giratina-O – Scizor takes the Outrage/ Meteor and finishes with Pursuit. Darkrai 2HKOs and Dialga OHKOs with Draco Meteor.

Deoxys-S –Darkrai finishes off this quite easily, OHKO with Dark pulse (2HKO with sash) or just simply Dark Void, then go to scizor for the pursuit.

Darkrai – My own Darkrai OHKOs with Focus Blast, Groudon usually takes the sleep and Shaymin-S, Palkia and Scizor can revenge kill.

Garchomp – Garchomp is a bit of a problem, if Shaymin has fainted. It outruns Palkia and KOs with Outrage, which also 3HKOs Groudon.

Latias – I'll generally weaken it with Bullet punch then revenge with Spacial rend from Palkia. Dialga can take a dragon Pulse and OHKO with Draco Meteor.

Latios – See Latias.

Ho-oh – In the sun, this guy is destructive. None of my Scarfers can revenge it and Brave bird and Sacred fire are devastating, I'll usually end up sacrificing Dialga, to take it down.

Shaymin-S – This guy is difficult to manage, as with a bit of luck, air slash finishes off the majority of my team. Dialga has to fear earth power and I have to risk a speed tie between my own Shaymin-S. Scizor can 2HKO with Bullet punch though but it'll be worn down from repeated switch-ins.

Scizor – Groudon can set up Rocks on this guy and my own scizor can take a U-turn. Dialga can KO with Fire Blast.

Mew – Difficult to manage if I don't know the set. Thankfully, most are leads and Darkrai can 2HKO. Groudon can phase baton passers.

Deoxys-A – See Deoxys-S. Scizor destroys it.

Lucario – Lucario is difficult to manage. +2 ExtremeSpeed is dangerous, Palkia and Shaymin, must be at near full HP to revenge it.

Tyranitar – Groudon checks it. Darkrai can Focus Blast it. Not a threat.

Metagross – I haven't seen one yet. Darkrai can sleep it. Groudon can EQ it to oblivion.

Kingdra – Groudon gets rid of the sun and takes waterfalls with ease. Shaymin-S outruns it even in the rain. If Groudon is gone, it becomes a bit difficult to check as it can survive a seed flare, although I can flinch it for the 2HKO. I have to be careful of Draco Meteor though.

Salamence
– See Rayquaza. Much more manageable.

Jirachi – Groudon EQs it, Dialga and Palkia can Fire Blast it for the OHKO.

Heatran – My whole team can destroy it. Not a threat at all.

Manaphy – Groudon removes the rain, Palkia and Dialga can remove it with Thunder.

Ludicolo – Dialga can wall it and Palkia and Shaymin-S can finish it quite easily.

Ninjask – LOL, Groudon messes with it.

Infernape – Not a problem, easy kill for Palkia and Shaymin-S.

Weavile – Groudon checks it reasonably well, Palkia can revenge, so can Darkrai.

Celebi – Never seen it before, Scizor destroys it with ease. Shaymin-S can flinch it to death.

Heracross – Never seen it before. Shaymin-S outruns Scarf variants and can OHKO with air slash. Palkia can OHKO with Fire Blast.

Mamoswine – Groudon checks it, Palkia can melt it, so can Dialga.

Jumpluff – Not really classified as a threat, Shaymin-S can flinch it to death, Groudon can roar it away or stone edge it.

Shiftry – Never seen it before, it might make a dangerous threat, Shaymin-S outruns in the sun and flinches it to death.

Gengar – Darkrai revenge kills. Palkia and Shaymin-S can also revenge.

Kabutops - Shaymin-S outruns it in the rain. Groudon can set up rocks on it/ EQ it.

Abomasnow – Never seen it before. Dialga and Palkia can roast the christmas tree. Groudon removes the hail.

Uxie – Dual Screen Memento is annoying, but not too much of a threat. Darkrai can trick or dark pulse it.

Magnezone – Not a problem, it can't trap Dialga. Very uncommon.

Dugtrio – Can only trap Dialga. Groudon destroys it, so does pretty much the rest of my team.

Defensive Threats:
Blissey – Groudon can OHKO with EQ and Dialga can finish it off with Brick Break.

Forretress – Dialga messes with it, so can Palkia. Even the rain won't save it.

Lugia – This is annoying, Darkrai should be able to check it though, Scizor can also pursuit it.

Giratina – Dialga can Draco Meteor it, Palkia can Spacial rend it, not much of a defensive threat.

Skarmory – Dialga and Palkia can burn it to a cinder.

Cresselia – Annoying, scizor can U-turn and Shaymin-S/Palkia can finish it off. It never runs recovery though.

Bronzong – Dialga counters everything exept for EQ. Fire Blast can finish it off.

Deoxys-D – A bit annoying, luckily I hardly ever see it. Darkrai and scizor can finish it off, but it's free to set up layers of spikes which severely screw up my team.

Registeel – Same as Bronzong, Dialga OHKOs with Fire Blast in the sun. Explosion is rather pathetic.

Hi there Solid team you got there but I have one small recommendation that will hopefully help you in some way. Scizor utilizing the Choice band item can be effective in certain scenarios. The use of pursuit on Scizor is quite limited in ubers, for instance Most Mewtwo carry Flamethrower and Giratina would just Hidden power fire or Will-o-wisp right of the bat. I'd strongly advise for you to use a life orb varient for the sake of not being stuck in on one move and pursuit isn't worth having.

Scizor@Life orb
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Super power
176 HP / 100 Atk / 232 SpD

Hope this helps somewhat and good luck.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Minor nitpick, but Brick Break is only a 2HKO against Blissey, not an OHKO. Additionally, if they are running 252 HP/252 Def Blissey for some reason, Brick Break fails to 2HKO.

Hi there Solid team you got there but I have one small recommendation that will hopefully help you in some way. Scizor utilizing the Choice band item can be effective in certain scenarios. The use of pursuit on Scizor is quite limited in ubers, for instance Most Mewtwo carry Flamethrower and Giratina would just Hidden power fire or Will-o-wisp right of the bat. I'd strongly advise for you to use a life orb varient for the sake of not being stuck in on one move and pursuit isn't worth having.

Scizor@Life orb
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Super power
176 HP / 100 Atk / 232 SpD

Hope this helps somewhat and good luck.
OKay, thanx for the post, I'll give this guy a test and see how it works. Pursuit was always a bit useless as it was primarily set up bait and I agree with the change. I think roost would do wonders as without recovery, it seem like a waste of scizor's bulk. I might miss the power garnered from CB, but this is definitely worth a test, thanx again.

Minor nitpick, but Brick Break is only a 2HKO against Blissey, not an OHKO. Additionally, if they are running 252 HP/252 Def Blissey for some reason, Brick Break fails to 2HKO.
Sorry about the misunderstanding, I meant the OHKO with SR after the Blissey has switched into Draco meteor. I'll edit the RMT to suit the changes. Just a note symphonyx64, no Blissey will ever run 252HP/252DEF + Bold in the Ubers environment, lest they want to meet an early death in front of all those powerful special attackers like Kyogre, Dialga and Latios. Brick Break is still a 2HKO on those variants after SR damage (90%).

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
OKay, thanx for the post, I'll give this guy a test and see how it works. Pursuit was always a bit useless as it was primarily set up bait and I agree with the change. I think roost would do wonders as without recovery, it seem like a waste of scizor's bulk. I might miss the power garnered from CB, but this is definitely worth a test, thanx again.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I meant the OHKO with SR after the Blissey has switched into Draco meteor. I'll edit the RMT to suit the changes. Just a note symphonyx64, no Blissey will ever run 252HP/252DEF + Bold in the Ubers environment, lest they want to meet an early death in front of all those powerful special attackers like Kyogre, Dialga and Latios. Brick Break is still a 2HKO in those variants after SR damage (90%).
You'd be surprised. I've faced quite a number of those simply because people aren't aware that an Uber analysis is written for Blissey. Its quite frustrating to face with the intent of beating it with Brick Break.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, not a bad team.

I know you already have Ho-oh listed as a major threat, but I want to reinforce this. You are completely annihilated by her if your opponent is not stupid. This is why I would recommend that you definitely put Stone Edge on Groudon (Replace either Roar or Thunder Wave), and change his EVs to 252 HP/32 Def/188 SpD/36 Spe. The Speed EVs allow Groudon to outspeed standard, non-speed creeping Ho-oh (Which I believe is a waste to speed creep with Ho-oh) and take it out with Stone Edge.

I see from your threat list that you also have some problems with bulky walls like Lugia and friends. Try Stallbreaker Heatran on for size:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/104 SpD/152 Spe
Nature: Calm
-Taunt
-Roar
-Toxic/Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower

With this set, as well as an additional Ho-oh buffer, you can really harass stall by using Taunt, Toxic and Roar. Lugia and Cresselia will completely hate this beast.

Just one more thing:
Threat List (Stolen from Shrang, who stole it off Freeza)
I wrote the Freeza RMT, so yeah, I didn't really steal it, more like "recycled" it, heh.

Good luck with your team.

I don't know much about Ubers, but Groudon seems to make Fire types a problem, maybe try Deoxys for SR?

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'll go over each one by one.

You'd be surprised. I've faced quite a number of those simply because people aren't aware that an Uber analysis is written for Blissey. Its quite frustrating to face with the intent of beating it with Brick Break.
There is still a 90% of 2HKOing with SR in play. Then again, if they actually choose to run 252HP/252Def + Bold Nature,they must have consulted the smogon site and the Ubers analysis is on the same page...

Hi, not a bad team.

I know you already have Ho-oh listed as a major threat, but I want to reinforce this. You are completely annihilated by her if your opponent is not stupid. This is why I would recommend that you definitely put Stone Edge on Groudon (Replace either Roar or Thunder Wave), and change his EVs to 252 HP/32 Def/188 SpD/36 Spe. The Speed EVs allow Groudon to outspeed standard, non-speed creeping Ho-oh (Which I believe is a waste to speed creep with Ho-oh) and take it out with Stone Edge.

I see from your threat list that you also have some problems with bulky walls like Lugia and friends. Try Stallbreaker Heatran on for size:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/104 SpD/152 Spe
Nature: Calm
-Taunt
-Roar
-Toxic/Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower

With this set, as well as an additional Ho-oh buffer, you can really harass stall by using Taunt, Toxic and Roar. Lugia and Cresselia will completely hate this beast.
Ho-oh is a really huge problem for me, you're probably right about changing t-wave to stone edge as thunderwave hardly gets any usage (whereas stone edge might also give me a way to deal with SD Rayquaza). I'll make the changes to the EVs to and give it a test.

The Heatran set looks good but the problem is what to replace it with, as all my pokes play a huge role and Dialga is already more or less my stall breaker. Still some good advice though and I'll think over it a bit.

Just one more thing:

I wrote the Freeza RMT, so yeah, I didn't really steal it, more like "recycled" it, heh.
Sorry about taking it without your permission. I was just cycling across all the RMTs, looking for a solid good threat list that I could steal. I saw yours and it looked really good, so I decided to take it. I had no idea that you wrote the freeza RMT, as you only said that you stole it from freeza or something. You're fine with me stealing your threat list right..?

I don't know much about Ubers, but Groudon seems to make Fire types a problem, maybe try Deoxys for SR?
Uhhh... read between the lines, Palkia has a 4x resist to fire and Groudon has no trouble taking a hit or two then KOing back with EQ. Fire types aren't to common in Ubers apart from Ho-oh and shrang already recommended stone edge to fix that problem. There is no need for me to run deoxys. Period.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I forgot to tell you which Pokemon to replace with Heatran. Just replace one of your Scarfers (You really don't need two). I'd suggest replacing Skymin, but it's up to you I guess.

Yeah, I forgot to tell you which Pokemon to replace with Heatran. Just replace one of your Scarfers (You really don't need two). I'd suggest replacing Skymin, but it's up to you I guess.
Right. Allow me to clarify, I have one scarf user (Palkia) to revenge kill non-scarfed threats and 1 scarfer to revenge kill opposing boosting threats and scarfers. I seriously can't afford to replace Shaymin-S as that will leave me open to a multitude of threats such as Rock polish groudon who'll sweep my team, kingdra, kabutops and ludicolo in the rain (which only shaymin-s can outrun) and scarf Garchomp and Darkrai.

Also, that'll leave only Palkia to counter threats such as SD Lucario and SD Rayquaza, which will be a bit of an overload. I tried using Heatran over Scizor once, but the lack of priority and scouting hurt my team severely.

EDIT: Wow, I tried the EVs and stone edge on groudon and it works really well! Uploading the changes, thanx.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Kingdra is already pretty wrecked by groudon and dialga, dialga wrecks ludicolo. Kabutops is the only rain sweeper who resembles anything at all like a threat to this team, and groudon beats him, as does your palkia since it runs timid not hasty(it wont be ohkoed by stone edge). You should know that modest skymin with scarf doesnt outspeed jolly kabutops in the rain anyway.

No pokemon on this team ever countered sd ray or sd lucario, groudon gets lucario if its fully healthy, but sd ray is assured a kill (you can pick it off with bullet punch after), you have to play around it. The notion that skymin is somehow handling these threats is silly. Palkia is dead if they get sr and 1 layer up, or if takes a hit for another reason. Skymin only covers rp groudon.

What I would do instead of skymin is giratina-0 spinblocker set with the evs maxing out speed. This will at least tie lucario, and it will outspeed adamant rey. This also shits on rp groudon. It even checks lati@s with shadow sneak, which your team really hates(dialga's draco meteor isnt going to ko if it cms, latias runs a little bulk specifically for the purpose of surviving dialga's draco meteor at +1).

Kingdra is already pretty wrecked by groudon and dialga, dialga wrecks ludicolo. Kabutops is the only rain sweeper who resembles anything at all like a threat to this team, and groudon beats him, as does your palkia since it runs timid not hasty(it wont be ohkoed by stone edge). You should know that modest skymin with scarf doesnt outspeed jolly kabutops in the rain anyway.

No pokemon on this team ever countered sd ray or sd lucario, groudon gets lucario if its fully healthy, but sd ray is assured a kill (you can pick it off with bullet punch after), you have to play around it. The notion that skymin is somehow handling these threats is silly. Palkia is dead if they get sr and 1 layer up, or if takes a hit for another reason. Skymin only covers rp groudon.

What I would do instead of skymin is giratina-0 spinblocker set with the evs maxing out speed. This will at least tie lucario, and it will outspeed adamant rey. This also shits on rp groudon. It even checks lati@s with shadow sneak, which your team really hates(dialga's draco meteor isnt going to ko if it cms, latias runs a little bulk specifically for the purpose of surviving dialga's draco meteor at +1).
Perhaps I was a little inaccurate in discussing the advantages of Shaymin-S for my team. Some of the points you have listed here are valid, and I do acknowledge that. I'll go through the false points. Groudon does not stop kingdra, it only removes the rain, as LO draco meteor will OHKO Groudon after some residue damage if not, its a 2HKO. Similarly with Dialga, a +1 outrage might OHKO if Dialga has taken some previous damage. Shaymin-S survives a +2 Extremespeed coming from Rayquaza and Lucario, while OHKOing them both back with HP ice and Earth power respectively, Groudon does not survive +2 CC. Also, +2 Stone edge OHKOs Timid Palkia (132.7% - 156.4%), don't know what you're talking about (Wobbuffet can easily help it set up).

Your proposal of Giratina-O may patch a couple of holes but it does open up innumerable flaws. Firstly, Giratina-O can't counter RP Groudon, as dragon claw 2HKOs, while Draco Meteor, fails to OHKO by a long shot. Second, Latias is relatively easy to check for me, as scizor can 2HKO with bullet punch, or weaken it enough for Palkia's spacial rend to KO it, if latias runs HP fire. Latias will OHKO Giratina-O with Draco meteor or even dragon pulse, while shadow sneak only 2HKOs in turn. Giratina-O also leaves me with a huge weakness to scarf Garchomp and Palkia (and the less seen DD salamence) , which only Shaymin-S can outrun and OHKO. The main purpose of Shaymin-S is to outrun other scarfers and KO them before they destroy my team. Also, air slash can flinch me out of any dilemma, even taking out Dialga and Giratina on full HP with a bit of luck. For those reasons, I will not swap out Shaymin-S for your suggested Giratina-O spinblocker set.

I am not shrugging off your suggestions, but your comments are inaccurate and don't show much thought. Sorry.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
700 Atk vs 186 Def & 341 HP (80 Base Power): 280 - 330 (82.11% - 96.77%)
Lucario ohkoes skymin at +2 after sr 100% of the time. If it does, then i dont think calcs for quaza are necessary.

When i was talking about kabutops in ubers i assumed it wasnt at +2 when i said it would be handled by palkia, and kabutops is rare in ubers anyway. Way less common then ray and luke. a bulkier form of dialga would go a long way even if you are reluctant to give up its stall breaking abilities.max hp and leftovers on dialga would do wonders against rain sweepers and every scarf pokemon common in the ubers metagame other than chomp. Scarf chomp should be easily dealt with by groudon and even scizor. if youre desperate.

If you really feel that you need scarfers to outspeed other scarfers than your team strategy requires major rethinking, scarf pokemon should not be such a threat to any team.

Okay, i'll review your comments, and discuss my views.

700 Atk vs 186 Def & 341 HP (80 Base Power): 280 - 330 (82.11% - 96.77%)
Lucario ohkoes skymin at +2 after sr 100% of the time. If it does, then i dont think calcs for quaza are necessary.
Shaymin-S can survive an Extremespeed from a Lucario or a jolly Rayquaza given SR is not in play (that's what darkrai's dark void is for) and OHKO back (but yes, with SR, Shaymin loses). You suggested a Giratina-O spinblocker set to remedy this problem but it is still OHKO'd by a +2 Crunch/+2 Outrage from a Jolly Lucario and a Jolly Rayquaza.

If you really feel that you need scarfers to outspeed other scarfers than your team strategy requires major rethinking, scarf pokemon should not be such a threat to any team.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a scarfer to outrun other scarfers and boosting threats (with a little flinchhax along the way) such as +2 Groudon, DDMence/DDquaza and weather sweepers. There is no team strategy involved.

a bulkier form of dialga would go a long way even if you are reluctant to give up its stall breaking abilities.max hp and leftovers on dialga would do wonders against rain sweepers and every scarf pokemon common in the ubers metagame other than chomp. Scarf chomp should be easily dealt with by groudon and even scizor. if youre desperate.
Your suggestion of bulky Dialga@ leftovers, is much more sensible than your previous suggestion of a Giratina-O spinblocker set, which aside from opening gaping holes in my team that could be exploited by any competent player, provided a 50/50 chance to deal with SD Lucario. So, well done, I'll give it some thought. However, Dialga does not check rain sweepers, as one of the most common ones, Kabutops does 144.6% - 170.3% with a +2 Low kick and Kingdra deals 71.3% - 84.2% with a +1 Outrage.

This response may be a bit harsh, but I don't like your attitude and your first comment demonstrated inaccuracy and a lack of experience in Uber battling.

Hey, your Scizor's EVs only add up to 488. You still have some EVs to spare. Try this!

Scizor @ Choice Band
Admant Nature
252 HP/56 Atk/200 Sp. Def
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Lots of Special bulk, but you still get to hit hard!

Hey, your Scizor's EVs only add up to 488. You still have some EVs to spare. Try this!

Scizor @ Choice Band
Admant Nature
252 HP/56 Atk/200 Sp. Def
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Lots of Special bulk, but you still get to hit hard!
Thanx ShinyAzelf for noticing this, got the EVs mixed up and everything. Your scizor EVs look good, I'll edit the changes and upload your suggestion. Sorry for the misunderstanding. XD.

I don't really like that you're using choice scarf with Dark Pulse, I mean, the standard idea would just be to put the opponent to sleep, the possibly set up and sweep the opponent. Maybe you should take out trick and choice scarf and replace it with nasty plot and some other item.

I don't really like that you're using choice scarf with Dark Pulse, I mean, the standard idea would just be to put the opponent to sleep, the possibly set up and sweep the opponent. Maybe you should take out trick and choice scarf and replace it with nasty plot and some other item.
Are you joking? Scarf Darkrai is one of the greatest leads. First you can Trick the Choice Scarf to the opponent (probably a wall), rendering them pretty much useless. Dark Void can be used with Choice Scarf to put one Pokemon to sleep at the start of the game, and Darkrai can even come back later. STAB Dark Pulse is such a great move, since so many Ubers are weak to it. I really don't see why you say Darkrai should not use a Choice Scarf.

Belphagor, i'm using the standard lead darkrai set from smogon, here's the link-http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/darkrai. Hopefully, this will justify the reason I lead with a scarfed Darkrai and not a nasty plot one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)