My first RMT. (5th Gen DW OU)

So this is my first RMT... It's actually my first post ._.
Anyway, this is my team, the idea is to have a reliable counter for every type, so I can switch switch and switch, wearing down the opponent each time, then go for a late game sweep with something overpowered like Salamence or Kerudio.

TEAMBUILDING

Starting my team, I knew one thing. I wanted Roobushin

Then I new that pretty much everything special is going to hurt it, so I gave myself Porygon2. Yum yum, fried duck!

Now I'm seeing no fighting resistance... FAT WATER-GHOST THINGY GO!!

Now, since I plan on having my team last for a while before I sweep, I need entry hazards, so I bring in Nattorei.

Now I chose Gliscor, because it resists fighting, and it just totally pro all around.

Last but not least I chose Salamence, because it's that late-game sweeper I was talking about, that will clean up after the other team is scattered and damaged.

IN DEPTH VIEW

TentacleRape (Nattorei) (M) @ Rugged Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 200 HP / 108 Def / 200 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Nattorei, while the nickname is questionable, the pokemon sure is not! With a myriad of resistances, very few pokemon can touch this guy, so you'll most likely be stuck widdling away at him, while Rugged Helmet, Iron barbs, and leech seed are killing you, and spikes are being set up.

G'day Sir! (Burungeru) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Evil Eye
- Recover
- Toxic

Burengeru is a nice touch to this team, Boil Over is lovely when the opponent is burned, and when it's stall time, Toxic. Evil eye is there for coverage, and to compliment the 1.3 status moves! (1.3 because only a 30% burn chance ^^)

Fried Fuck (Porygon2) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Trace
EVs: 200 HP / 100 Def / 108 SAtk / 100 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

BEAST TO SAY THE LEAST! Achieving 400+ Def,and 350+ SDef, this guy will sit there, while your attacks bounce off him! He fits well with Gliscor and Salamence though.

Phil (Roobushin) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback

Phil :3 This guy is probably my favorite on the whole team. I ran Iron Fist over guts so I can revenge kill with Mach Punch when need be, and for that extra boost that's completely reliable, while guts isn't.

Gliggy (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

I love this guy, the set he runs allows his natural bulk to resist attacks, so he can SD, and Protect to get a free turn of healing! Ice Fang is for opposing Gliscor/Landlos, although I might run Stone Edge.

OU AGAIN! (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Earthquake Spiral
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Standard DDmence, hopefully I'll be able to wreak havoc with him for the short time until he is banned again.

So, please rate and critique, this team probably needs lots of help. Thanks to AlcadeiasX for EV changes on Nattorei and Porygon2!

Um...provide deeper descriptions for all your 'mons or risk this thread getting locked.

Anyways, to cope with what you have written here, Your team's actually fairly solid. I'll try to keep the PokeSwaps at a minimum so here's what i have to say:

I see you're trying for a bulky team well here's some few advices;

If you're trying for a bulky Nattorei Lead, at least go for a 200 / 108 / 200 EV Spread which generically means means that he'll generically outlive through a non-STAB, non-Specs Flamethrower (I don't know about Fire Blast.).

Porygon2's General Bulk in Defense has a balance, so should his EV spreads; Put 200 HP / 100 Def / 108 SAtk / 100 SDef to bar more resiliance to General attacks.

Roobushin's lack of a primary objective bars my advices. However, If (If, IF) you want Roobushin to live through most attacks and then proceed to sweep then use a 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef spread since you'll be bulking up anyways to raise your defense (and attack)

Put Roost on your Gliscor and 4 EVs on HP or Attack, Since he IS meant to be a Bulky Sweeper right?

Finally, Good choice for a Salamence, i have nothing to say here..really. :)

Um...provide deeper descriptions for all your 'mons or risk this thread getting locked.

Anyways, to cope with what you have written here, Your team's actually fairly solid. I'll try to keep the PokeSwaps at a minimum so here's what i have to say:

I see you're trying for a bulky team well here's some few advices;

If you're trying for a bulky Nattorei Lead, at least go for a 200 / 108 / 200 EV Spread which generically means means that he'll generically outlive through a non-STAB, non-Specs Flamethrower (I don't know about Fire Blast.).

Porygon2's General Bulk in Defense has a balance, so should his EV spreads; Put 200 HP / 100 Def / 108 SAtk / 100 SDef to bar more resiliance to General attacks.

Roobushin's lack of a primary objective bars my advices. However, If (If, IF) you want Roobushin to live through most attacks and then proceed to sweep then use a 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef spread since you'll be bulking up anyways to raise your defense (and attack)

Put Roost on your Gliscor and 4 EVs on HP or Attack, Since he IS meant to be a Bulky Sweeper right?

Finally, Good choice for a Salamence, i have nothing to say here..really. :)
Alright, I like you ev's for Nattorei and Porygon2, I'll test them out right now, although I have to say no for roost on Gliscor, because that means no poison heal, and I can't live with that. I'm also saying no for Roobushin, because his main idea is to get 1 bulk up, kill, and switch, until nothing challenges him then he'll get 2-3 and sweep with mach/drain punch.

Your team suffers from a lack of Stealth Rock. While it may seem that rocks are not nearly as omnipresent this generation, they are still prevalent among almost all the good battlers. Right now, Nattorei is trying to do too many things at once, and no decent opponent will let it just sit there and set up. I'd switch Spikes with Stealth Rock, so that you can spend your turns screwing your opponent over with other moves.

Burungeru should always have max defence to maximize it's physical bulk. I'd also run Recover over Rest for better recovery, and perhaps Will-O-Wisp over Confuse Ray for when you really, really need to burn something on the switch (like Tyranitar).

Gliscor wants a better EV spread. If you are going for a bulky swords-dancer, I recommend a spread of Bold 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe to basically maximize your physical bulk. Max Speed on Gliscor isn't great these days because the only noteworthy thing you'll outspeed is Lucario, who can't touch you anyways without HP Ice. Try experimenting with Facade over Ice Fang as well.

Fire Blast is a must on Salamence to OHKO Skarmory. I recommend a EV spread of Naive 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe. To be honest Dragon Dancing Salamence really isn't as powerful of a late-game sweeper as it was in previous generations.

Your team suffers from a lack of Stealth Rock. While it may seem that rocks are not nearly as omnipresent this generation, they are still prevalent among almost all the good battlers. Right now, Nattorei is trying to do too many things at once, and no decent opponent will let it just sit there and set up. I'd switch Spikes with Stealth Rock, so that you can spend your turns screwing your opponent over with other moves.

Burungeru should always have max defence to maximize it's physical bulk. I'd also run Recover over Rest for better recovery, and perhaps Will-O-Wisp over Confuse Ray for when you really, really need to burn something on the switch (like Tyranitar).

Gliscor wants a better EV spread. If you are going for a bulky swords-dancer, I recommend a spread of Bold 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe to basically maximize your physical bulk. Max Speed on Gliscor isn't great these days because the only noteworthy thing you'll outspeed is Lucario, who can't touch you anyways without HP Ice. Try experimenting with Facade over Ice Fang as well.

Fire Blast is a must on Salamence to OHKO Skarmory. I recommend a EV spread of Naive 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe. To be honest Dragon Dancing Salamence really isn't as powerful of a late-game sweeper as it was in previous generations.
I completely agree with this ^
i'll make this quick for there really isn't too much else to be said.
Burungeru really needs recover and leftovers to be able to counter some good set up sweepers. No need for confuse ray or will-0-wisp really considering that if you switch in on it well, it won't need a confuse and boil over is 30% burn. i like running max special bulk depending on the team, but seeing as you have Nattorei, you should run max physical bulk on Natt and max sp. def bulk on Buru. also, you should be weary of good set up pokes like Magnezone who can switch in on Natt, then proceed to set up a sub and magnet rise. then proceed to hp fire and thunderbolt ur entire team for some serious damage (or something like Latios. altho, many pokes can do that quite nicely).
Then otherwise, exactly what DropTheNuke said above.
-hope this will help

Great minds thing alike huh? I had already made many of those changes, but I'm not changing Gliscor, he wasn't meant to be a bulky sweeper, and the way I have him now works great. I'll update the main post to what I have it at currently. ^^

I realized that you gave Salamence Overconfidence over Intimidate. I highly advise against such a play because Outrage is just so much more powerful than Dragon Claw. In fact, a +1 Outrage is actually stronger than a +2 Dragon Claw. Besides, Intimidate is really helpful for setting up on weaker physical attackers.

We need more detailed descriptions, or we can't rate your team. You're supposed to do the work of explaining, not us. if you can that'd be good, but a nice solid team regardless (if lacking creativity).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)