1v1 Flora vs Berserker Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a poorly lit backstreet in the armpit of some dodgy city suburb. Cars fill the parking spaces, and their owners sit around nearby - a haphazard colelction of misfits, all manner of gangsters and thugs.
From both ends of the street, two new cars drive in - taxis in fact. The taxis meet in the middle, and their passengers get out. Eye contact between the two newcomers is almost immediate, and the shifty crowd gathers around in anticipation - it's time for a pokemon battle!
Flora sends out the first Pokemon - Tearra the Drilbur!

Drilbur (Tearra) (F)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * from Special Attack).

Type:
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Drilbur
HP: 100
Atk: ****(+)
Def: **
SpA: *(-)
SpD: **
Spe: 68

EC: 5/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Sand Rush: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, feeling more at home in them than all other Pokemon. This Pokemon's Base Speed is doubled (x2) in a Sandstorm. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Sand Force: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have two (2) added to their Base Attack Power. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Mold Breaker (DW): (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Attacks:
Scratch
Mud Sport
Rapid Spin
Mud-slap
Fury Swipes
Metal Claw
Dig
Hone Claws

Rock Climb
Skull Bash
Iron Defense

Rock Slide
X-Scissor
Sandstorm

Tearra sifts her hands in order to reflect the light from the streetlamps off her shiny metallic claws and into interesting patterns - a show off really.
And the crowd goes beserk! Incidentally, so does flora's challenger. Beserker Lord then sends out his Pokemon, a Nohface named Eyes.

Nohface*(Eyes)(M)
Nature: Adamant: (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * From Special Attack)
Type:Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Levitate (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Atk: ***(+)
Def: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 10

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Moves:
Scratch*
Tackle*
Iron Defence*
Lick*
Leer*
Odor Sleuth*
Faint Attack*
Shadow Sneak*
Curse*

Meteor Mash*
Psycho Shift*
Yawn*

Rock Slide*
Dig*
Thief*

This shifty looking ghost type seems eerily at home on this dark street. In fact, some of the gangsters appear to know him somehow...
Two gangsters then beat up the cab drivers and hijack the taxis, leaving the field clear and ready for the battle to come.

1v1
Singles
4 Day DQ
1 recovery move, 3 chills
No Item
One ability
Arena: At the late-night street
It's pretty scary. Dark, chilly, and just scary. At least there are a few lamp posts lit! There's a 50% chance that your Pokemon will be jumped by a gangster, dealing 3 damage (pure, no ups or downs). There's a 25% chance that your Pokemon will get shot by a gangster, dealing 4 pure damage (though I have no idea how your Pokemon lives the attack). And lastly, there's a 10% chance that your Pokemon (actually, both Pokemon for that matter, unless they're at the sidewalk) will get hit by a drunk driver, dealing 5 pure damage. All of the events are independent of each other; they can all happen at the same time. These events will happen at the end of each round. The first two events will have the RNG check for both Pokemon individually, while the third event will have the RNG only check for once (since it's one single car going through the road).

Your Pokemon will initially be on the street for the battle. There are cars filled up near both sidewalks, but if you can remove them (or one) (cars have 15 HP each, no defense or anything of that matter), you can put your Pokemon upon the side walk with an action (takes 1 action - Move to Sidewalk). Cars explode upon impact, dealing 5 damage to Pokemon near it. On the sidewalk, your Pokemon will take reduced damage (so instead of taking full on 100%, your Pokemon will take 80% damage). Additionally, if several cars are still in the way, your Pokemon can be behind the car to block ranged attacks while on the sidewalk. Of course, your enemy can do this too. And of course, your Pokemon can get knocked out of the sidewalk. Your Pokemon cannot dig upon the sidewalk as it's really hard concrete! Let's say you can't have your Pokemon be flying upon the sidewalk as well, as there's some parts of nearby buildings sticking out at the area preventing that from happening.

Beserker Lord issues commands, then Flora.

Ok Nohface, lets take care of this mole!

First, let off a loud Yawn to disorentate her. Then Meteor Mash the mole right into a car, then Iron Defence to help whether her assults.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hehe, had a feeling I'd be facing a Nohface. T_T But no matter! Let's go Tearra :heart: (using Sand Force)! You can tear him apart later, because right now, he's going to Yawn at you! Use Dig to avoid the attack, and while digging, attack! He's such a fake; Levitate won't save him from the attack! (Well, I've seen in threads where Levitate Pokemon get hit from Dig; additionally Levitate's own description says "other Ground moves can still hit". Dig seems to be an upward attack anyhow.) About the Meteor Mash, uh, yeah, weaken it with a Iron Defense! Hopefully you won't get smashed to a car with this! Then about his Iron Defense, set up a Sandstorm to make your attacks a little more stronger next time around!

Dig (Attack after Yawn is used) - Iron Defense - Sandstorm

btw, love the pictures drawn inside hahaha!

Tearra the Drilbur
Female
Ground
Sand Force
Energy: 100
Other: None

Eyes the Nohface
Male
Ghost/Steel
Levitate
Energy: 100
Other: None

Tearra begins by diving into a pothole - no wait, it's creating the pothole by burrowing into the road! Eyes Yawns lazily, but the grinding of gravel underground prevents Drilbur from hearing it. Drilbur then resurfaces and strikes Nohface with Dig! He seems tired however; evidently the road is harder to dig through than Drilbur is accustomed to.
As such, she decides to take a defensive appraoch with Iron Defense. Eyes, not wanting a lull in the action decides to amp things up a bit. Using a powerful Meteor Mash, he punches Tearra with colossal force. The hideous sound of metal hitting metal causes the crowd to close their eyes and cover their eyes in pain. By the time they return to their senses, it is clear that Drilbur has only been knocked back a little thanks to his defenses, while Nohface has rebounded off him and taken recoil damage.
Nohface then decides that maybe defense isn't such a bad idea buffs up his own defenses using Iron Defense. Only afterwards does he realise Tearra had already anticpated this - the violent cloud of sand surrounding the area indicates that she has conjured a Sandstorm. How she intends to use this to her advantage is unseen by Eyes, since he is immune to its abrasive touch, but Drilbur seems confident.
Someone, apparently unhappy with all the racket, leans out of their 4th floor window from a building and fires some potshots from a handgun, but only hits one of the gangsters.

Tearra the Drilbur
Female
Ground
Sand Force
HP: 89
Energy: 76
Other: +2 Def, Sand Force Active

Eyes the Nohface
Male
Ghost/Steel
Levitate
HP: 80
Energy: 81
Other: +2 Def

5 Rounds of Sandstorm Remain

Flora, you're up

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cool, that wasn't too bad! I know the road's hurting, Tearra, but what else can we do? Once you get more digging lessons around here, it'll stop hurting! You'll get used to it!

Let's keep pounding that worm thing with Dig (Attack), then Hone Claw next so you don't tire yourself out so fast, then Dig (Attack) again!

Should Nohface use Yawn when you use Hone Claw, replace that action with Dig (Attack) because you can't do much... (man that typing is lame!)

Dig (Attack) - Hone Claws / Dig (Attack if Yawn is used here) - Dig (Attack)

Ok, now that I know Yawning is the worst idea I can do at the moment, lets try something else! First, hit the car next to you with a Meteor Mash to get rid of it (hope the owner doesn't mind), then Get on the sidewalk to negate this moles Digging. Finally, Meteor Mash Drillbur as soon as she comes up from her Dig!

Tearra the Drilbur
Female
Ground
Sand Force
HP: 89
Energy: 76
Other: +2 Def, Sand Force Active

Eyes the Nohface
Male
Ghost/Steel
Levitate
HP: 80
Energy: 81
Other: +2 Def

Tearra jumps back into the pothole it previously emerged from and pops up right in front of Eyes for another Dig attack! Nohface ignores this offensive however, and is if the battle doesn't simply Meteor Mashes the car behind it. The car is destroyed and the reultant damage deals 5 damage to both parties, and leaves behind a smoldering pile of wreckage.
Still in the air after bursting from the ground, Drilbur uses her recently toughened skin to sharpen and Hone her Claws as she keeps here eyes on Eyes as he climbs over the wreckage and onto the sidewalk, where a gangster offers Nohface a joint and gives him some money that he was apprently owed...
Feeling sharp and strong, Tearra lands straight back into the most recent pothole and re-emerges beneath Nohface for yet another Dig. Eyes isn't just going to take this one though and responds harshly with a Meteor Mash which knocks Drilbur on to the road raises his own attack!
Nohface's Gangster friend joins the fray, following Drilbur and kicking her while she's down - no way to treat a lady! A rival gang member however comes to her rescue, who shoots several times at the crude thug and also hits Nohface. The injured man fires back, and a shootout begins, and poor Tearra gets caught in the crossfire! Luckily the two gangsters manage to incapacitate each other and the shooting ceases.

Tearra the Drilbur
Female
Ground
Sand Force
HP: 66
Energy: 51
Other: +1 Def, +1 Atk, +1 Acc, Sand Force Active

Eyes the Nohface
Male
Ghost/Steel
Levitate
HP: 35
Energy: 69
Other: +1 Def, +1 Atk

Sandstorm for 4 more rounds

Ok, this situation is not looking good at all, but i'll keep at it anyway (How does bullets hit a ghost anyway?)

Ok Eyes, Iron Defence right away so you camn hopefully take a couple of more hits, now Meteor Mash Drillbur twice.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I can't help but LOL at what has happened to the arena, hahaahaha! This is already so entertaining! (TY LJ!) As for bullets hitting ghosts, well, bullet is metal and metal/steel hits ghosts! Ta-da!

Anyway, we're going to do something really cool (and hopefully it works)! Tearra, using the power of the sand running around, create some rocks upon the air just like if you were to start a Rock Slide aimed at Eyes, but don't make it fall too fast! Immediately after you summon a Rock Slide that's raining upon Eyes, jump up and Dig through the Rock Slide right onto Eyes as fast as possible! That should get that super effective hit in! Afterward, run back to the streets and jump aka Dig into one of the created manholes to dodge that attack BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!

Rock Slide and Dig combo (Form Rock Slide in the sandstormy air toward Eyes, jump upward, and Dig through the Rock Slide that will crumble down while "Air Digging" onto Eyes) - Null Turn (aka recharging from combo) - Dig (Dodge, go back up on the streets after dodging Meteor Mash)

Oh yeah, and just to be clear, I didn't order Tearra to step onto the sidewalk. So basically, she's going to jump off Eyes's head right back onto the street.

Flora, I'm not suite sure what the point of the combo is, nor do I know what Yawn you think you are trying to avoid. Nonetheless...

Tearra the Drilbur
Female
Ground
Sand Force
HP: 66
Energy: 51
Other: +1 Def, +1 Atk, +1 Acc, Sand Force Active

Eyes the Nohface
Male
Ghost/Steel
Levitate
HP: 35
Energy: 69
Other: +1 Def, +1 Atk

Drilbur decides to try something tricky, beginning with a strange form of Rock Slide while Nohface bolsters his defensive abilities further with Iron Defense, which deflects some of the rocks into Tearra.
Tearra then, perhaps for no other reason than to show off, Digs through the still falling rocks and strikes her foes right between the Eyes for a critical hit! On his last legs (or lack thereof) Eyes throws off a desperate Meteor Mash.
Suddenly scared for no apparent reason, Drilbur dives back into the hole again and, using Dig once more, reappears somwhere up the street, avoiding another meteor Mash from Eyes.
It then becomes apparent why Drilbut ran away; a new group of gangsters arrives from Nohface's end of the street and begin a brawl with the thugs already present. Eyes gets caught in the middle, and doesn't make it out again.
This leaves Tearra to wear the Tiara of victory! However, Tearra is then mugged and has the Tiara stolen...

All in a days work guys. :D
Drilbur gets a KO counter (even though it was technically a gangster that took his last 2HP) and both players get two Trainer Counters. I get ref tokens and shit.

Fuckin critical hits......

Good game Flora.

Yeah, I orignally had Yawn as my thrid action, but decided to switch to another Meteor Mash because I doubted Yawn would do anything.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Yeah, I guess the combo was a bit too abstract. I could just imagine it working in my head though...

As for the Yawn, well, I was pretty sure I saw a "Yawn" for BL's third action, but I think it was edited, and so I edited to reflect that.

We both get 1 EC, MC, and DC as well, right?

Nevertheless, that was quick and efficient. Thanks LJ and thanks BL for being my opponent! Good game!

Oh yeah EC etc of course.
This was fun to ref btw what with the gansgters and everything. I'm just disappointed no-one got run over, I was going to bring the taxis back for that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)