5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm pretty new to rng, and got a little problem. I was trying to RNG a modest petlil, so i tried advancing my PIDRNG by 1 a few times, write down natures, and searched them in the main window, but couldn;t find em. So i catches a few more on the beginning of the seed (without advancing PIDRNG frames) and i got 3 times different natures and pokemons, but the IVs where that of my seed, so im right there. What is causing my PIDRNG to become "random"? (i heard somewhere something about walking trainers, can that be it? And for the people who didnt figure yet, i'm in pinwheel forest. does it have to do something with pinwheel? And is there even a posibillity to PIDRNG petlil? or do i really need to just sync there. Thanks in advance.

• Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
  • Petlil, non shiny, modest
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
  • target seed i dunno, since i havent find my nature sequence yet. Delay none (?) cus non-c-gear. mac adress: 0009BF46510F Seed:79D61DC51F5F1FE2
  • How did you verify your seed?
  • IV calculator, got pretty solid outcome on the IVS.
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
  • Still want me to make a list? since 3 times when i just started, natures where different, plus a few that i advanced with chatot.

Reposting because I still need an answer.
Elranoc, I was having the same exact problem you were having. In order to find my initial PID frame, I hit my seed and advanced my frame about 12 consecutive times and listed each nature. Then, I repeated the entire process and compared/contrasted both lists to each other. Long story short, they were similar, but by no means identical:

List 1:
0 - Relaxed
1 - Relaxed
2 - Modest
3 - Modest
4 - Lonely
5 - Lonely
6 - Bashful
7 - Timid
8 - Gentle
9 - Relaxed
10 - Careful

List 2:
0 - Relaxed
1 - Relaxed
2 - Relaxed
3 - Modest
4 - Relaxed
5 - Lonely
6 - Timid
7 - Timid
8 - Gentle
9 - Relaxed
10 - Careful

Looking at my list of PID natures on the main page of RNG Reporter, I found this list of consecutive frames:

64 - Relaxed
65 - Relaxed
66 - Relaxed
67 - Modest
68 - Serious
69 - Timid
70 - Lonely
71 - Timid
72 - Relaxed
73 - Relaxed
74 - Relaxed
75 - Gentle
76 - Relaxed
77 - Careful

I noticed the discrepancies, but concluded that the lists were too close to be coincidence. Therefore, I started from 64 and advanced the PID to the amount needed to hit my perfect shiny spread. Fortunately for me, it worked after three attempts. You look like you're doing everything right, but my advice to you is to get a comprehensive list of PIDs (not just three or four) in order to get a more general overview of where your PID frame initializes. The lists I showed you also iterate that it will not be a perfect match, I assume due to the invisible movements of the NPCs off screen. It takes time, but don't give up and you will eventually hatch your peerfect shiny. Just my two cents, hope it helps.

@wazzup:Petilil in Pinwheel Forest? If that's the case, then wandering NPCs must have fucked your PIDs up. Try Lostlorn Forest for Petilil - there are no NPCs there.

Also, can we have a "min shiny frame" box in the next RNG reporter? When i search for shinies, i come across a ton of unusable 6 or 30 "nearest shiny" frames, which make it kinda hard to scroll down.

Elranoc, I was having the same exact problem you were having. In order to find my initial PID frame, I hit my seed and advanced my frame about 12 consecutive times and listed each nature. Then, I repeated the entire process and compared/contrasted both lists to each other. Long story short, they were similar, but by no means identical:

List 1:
0 - Relaxed
1 - Relaxed
2 - Modest
3 - Modest
4 - Lonely
5 - Lonely
6 - Bashful
7 - Timid
8 - Gentle
9 - Relaxed
10 - Careful

List 2:
0 - Relaxed
1 - Relaxed
2 - Relaxed
3 - Modest
4 - Relaxed
5 - Lonely
6 - Timid
7 - Timid
8 - Gentle
9 - Relaxed
10 - Careful

Looking at my list of PID natures on the main page of RNG Reporter, I found this list of consecutive frames:

64 - Relaxed
65 - Relaxed
66 - Relaxed
67 - Modest
68 - Serious
69 - Timid
70 - Lonely
71 - Timid
72 - Relaxed
73 - Relaxed
74 - Relaxed
75 - Gentle
76 - Relaxed
77 - Careful

I noticed the discrepancies, but concluded that the lists were too close to be coincidence. Therefore, I started from 64 and advanced the PID to the amount needed to hit my perfect shiny spread. Fortunately for me, it worked after three attempts. You look like you're doing everything right, but my advice to you is to get a comprehensive list of PIDs (not just three or four) in order to get a more general overview of where your PID frame initializes. The lists I showed you also iterate that it will not be a perfect match, I assume due to the invisible movements of the NPCs off screen. It takes time, but don't give up and you will eventually hatch your peerfect shiny. Just my two cents, hope it helps.
Seems like the same problem i have, but when npc are there, doesnt that mean after advancing 64 frames, you need to have pure luck if ya egg hatches? Or is there any other way? (asking to different people)

@vladmir, ty! didnt know there where petlils there too. Will take a look and try! also, hope to hear some more on how to fix this problem with npcs fuxing up PIDs, since im still pretty new, and i have the feeling this will come in my way many times for other pokes, or eggs in teh future.

ALRIGHT!

I;ve got what I need. At a PID Frame of 70, If I sweet scent at IV Frame 1 I will run into a level 28 Gurdurr, Adamant, Guts, with 31/31/31/X/31/31.

i cailbrated my DS, and my starting PID Frame is 47.

Would that mean to get to PID Frame 70 I would need to turn in place, NOT move my character forward, 21 times, (according to first post, 2 frames per step), plus save 1 time, and then sweet scent?

PS: Does a repel effect the IV Frame or PID Frame at all?

So what does having a ditto as a parent change? I noticed that besides the obvious lack of dreamworld, clicking that changed some inheritance for some reason

I'm having a little trouble finding my DS parameters. I'm using an R4 Wood DS with a DS Lite. Could the flashcart be the problem?

I've tried starting the game from the flashcart menu at a certain time, sweet scenting when I get into the game, and then putting the IVs in the Parameter Finder, but I always get no results. I've also tried doing this with a soft reset (with the soft reset box checked) and it's still no result.

Do caps matter in the MAC address box? What about single digit IVs, if it's 1, does it have to be 1_ or 01? Do these things even matter?

Yeah I've got a chatot and I'm advancing frames no problem, but I'm doing it blindly because I don't know which frame I'm currently on.

Based on what you said in the last post, I'm RNG'ing in a winter month, so I'm looking at 300+ the first Lonely pokemon there is on frame 313 for that seed. Its PID is 822E5059. That's where I lose you. How do I deduce what the PID%6 given the PID? What's the equation?
Bump for Kaphotics.

List 1:
0 - Relaxed
1 - Relaxed
2 - Modest
3 - Modest
4 - Lonely
5 - Lonely
6 - Bashful
7 - Timid
8 - Gentle
9 - Relaxed
10 - Careful

List 2:
0 - Relaxed
1 - Relaxed
2 - Relaxed
3 - Modest
4 - Relaxed
5 - Lonely
6 - Timid
7 - Timid
8 - Gentle
9 - Relaxed
10 - Careful

64 - Relaxed
65 - Relaxed
66 - Relaxed
67 - Modest
68 - Serious
69 - Timid
70 - Lonely
71 - Timid
72 - Relaxed
73 - Relaxed
74 - Relaxed
75 - Gentle
76 - Relaxed
77 - Careful

Thanks so much for your input, I will give this a whirl when I get home. Fingers crossed!

how can i find out what an ability number is for pokemon with 2 abilities? also when searching for shiny frames for wild pokemon would i set it to all encounters shiny or click the shiny box? also how do i find my starting PID

Read: Encounter Slots

Yep, you can't search for breeding seeds as it is extremely computation heavy. We're still making sure prediction is right, and it's not one of the priorities.
So I looked up Encounter Slots and I think I have a good enough understanding of what they are. According to the ESV chart from http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html, I should be able to get a Ditto at the Giant Chasm on slots 3 and 6. I found a seed that would give me 31/31/31/X/31/31 on frame 6. I entered that seed into the main screen, chose "Method 5 PIDRNG", clicked Generate and checked Frame 6, which said I should get a Quiet nature male Pokemon with Encounter Slot 3. When I hit the seed on my DS and encountered a Pokemon, it was a Mild female Piloswine. It had all the IVs it should have, but everything else about it was wrong.

So I looked up Encounter Slots and I think I have a good enough understanding of what they are. According to the ESV chart from http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html, I should be able to get a Ditto at the Giant Chasm on slots 3 and 6. I found a seed that would give me 31/31/31/X/31/31 on frame 6. I entered that seed into the main screen, chose "Method 5 PIDRNG", clicked Generate and checked Frame 6, which said I should get a Quiet nature male Pokemon with Encounter Slot 3. When I hit the seed on my DS and encountered a Pokemon, it was a Mild female Piloswine. It had all the IVs it should have, but everything else about it was wrong.
You probably didn't advance the PIDRNG to the right frame.

I know this has popped up before but i couldn't find the answer in the previous pages. How come the rng reporter main page for PIDRNG doesn't match the results from the time finder for shiny breeding? The frame that show shiny on the time finder does not show it in the PIDRNG

@krabs: Enter the full seed on the front page, as well as your ID/SID, and it should show shiny frames.

@darkdruidnegral: The RNG responsible for IVs is different from the one responsible for PIDs. Try checking some guides.

Hi found my seed on rng time finder 31/31/31/31/31/31 keypress B frame 10 i have been able of gettin a flawless axew, a flawless impish tirotuga (gift pokemon) now i'm trying to get a flawless ditto in giant chasm the problem is that every time i hit my seed advance the PIDRNG frame via chattering chatot or saving i get the same result a level 55 lunatone modest perfect IV's my question is do the fog has something to do with the PIDRNG advancement.

Thanks in return

well actually after inputting the correct SID on both the main page and the time finder, the PIDRNG shows different frames then what it shows on the timefinder to be shiny. Is that normal? For example, time finder show a seed with nearst shiny on 186 but the PIDRNG has it on 174 as the earliest. This is still for breeding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)