Dark Pulse and Spenstar vs. jas61292 and Ragnarokalex (reffed by Athedoonors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I've finally got the last PM, so we're on our way. The match is between Dark Pulse and Spenstar and jas61292 and Ragnarokalex, and because it is quite late the OP will be brief. Anyway, here is some stuff:

Dark Pulse said:
I'm going to set out my own Challenge!

Multi Battle! (2+2 vs 2+2)
Choice of Team (1st in best dressed)
2 Day DQ (3 for ref)
Arena: Minecraft!

Yes, Minecraft, the entire world is split up into 1 meter squares. The Day/Night Cycle is 2 rounds of Day, 1 round of Night, starting the battle at Noon in a Random Biome. (to read about the Bio's, visit here)
During the Night, Zombies, Giant Spiders, Skeletons and creepers will come out, Attacking anyone nearby...

...But it's not all Bad news, 3 other People will help out to build a small arena inside a Mountain (Slowly getting Larger) - but if you use Earthquake, the arena will collapse, killing 1 crafter, and making the arena building start again! (also will damage any pokemon in the arena)

The inside arena is constantly getting Larger, so on the second night Players will not be able to change between outside and inside, But EQ will no longer collapse the mountain...

Of course, there is a small chance that we will spawn in the Nether, and God help us if we do...
In the Nether, There are Zombie Pigmen constantly Roaming about, and attacking one of them will cause all Zombie pigmen (10 health each, 6 roaming around) to kill both players Pokemon, dealing 15 damage per action (IE 5 damage each) to both Pokemon until the end of the round
Ghasts will also have the chance of attacking You, with a 10% chance of being hit by a Fireball for 3 damage. (each action)
There is Lava near the Nether, so it is possible to fall in, given the circumstances.

on Round 1, a 0-10 roll is made, with result showing:
1. Rainforest - Nature Power = Seed Bomb
Arena ready round 2
Lots of Trees

2. Swamp - Nature Power = Muddy Water
Arena Ready round 2
Water is plentiful

3. Seasonal Forest
same as Rainforest, but not as many trees

4. Forest
same as above

5. Savannah - Seed Bomb for Nature Power, arena is Ready on round 3 (IE 1 round of monsters) - no arena collapsing
Monster chances increased by flat 5%

6. Shrubland - Same as Forest, but very little trees

7. Taiga - Nature Power = Blizzard(?)
Same as Forest

8. Desert
Same as Savannah, but Nature Power = EQ
Sandy ground, so digging is hard, as the ground will collapse on you

9. Plains
Same as Savannah

10. Tundra
Same as Savannah, but Nature Power = Blizzard
Fire attacks and grass Types slightly hampered due to the cold

at the start of round 2 (or round 3 in some Bio's) - The arena will be built, and Player's may choose to enter/leave it at the end of the round (no action cost, but happens at the end of the round) - you may move between the Arena during a round, but it will cost an action
There is no Arena in the Nether.
After round 5, the arena is so large, that it costs an action to enter/leave the arena regardless...

Arena - Stone Floor, so Nature Power = EQ and Digging imposssible without stone pickaxe (IE ground, rock or steel type
If not in Plains, Tundra, Desert or Savanna, EQ will collapse arena before round 5
After Round 5, Weather effects will work (always work in above mentioned bios) and Arena won't be collapsed
At the Beggining of every Round, Players may say if they will enter/exit the arena at the end of the round

The Nether - Nature Power = Rock Slide
Dark in places, reducing Vision, but not near the Lava
Lava will quickly KO your Poke (33% of max hp lost each action)
Water Moves DO NOT WORK

during the Night, Monsters will spawn. No matter what Bio inside (besides Nether and Arena, where there is no "night")
All Monsters have 10hp, and are dark type
Skeleton - 50% chance of spawning during any action, will attack one Poke until the end of the round (if poke dies, it will switch targets) for 2 damage each action - Skeletons can't be killed except with ranged attacks
Zombie - same as Skeleton, but can be killed with any attack
Spider - same as Zombie, but 3 DPA, not 2
Creeper - 30% spawn chance each action, will deal 5 damage to both pokes and 10 damage to self, cannot be attacked except by ranged attacks
Spider Jockey - when a spider spawns, there is a 1% chance for a Skeleton to ride atop it... will deal 2 DPA to each poke until the end of the round cannot be killed

Nether Monsters
Monsters in the Nether do not spawn, they are always there, and do not leave. If they are killed or damaged, they are healed and re-spawned at the end of the round
Zombie Pigman - 5 DPA, always has allies, will not attack unless attacked
Ghast - 10% Chance to hit a poke for 5 damage, cannot be killed

ok, it's Complex, but nowhere near as hard as it seems... It's all about the ref's RNG rolls...

If any clarification is needed, VM or PM me pls... (ref or opponent)
If theres anything I missed, VM or PM me (even if ur not playing)

EDIT 1: - When accepting:

1st person chooses Abilities
2nd selects Items on/off
3rd chooses Switch KO/OK

hope the complexity doesn't make people hug creepers :S
Spenstar said:
Count me IN! I'll battle on your team, Dark Pulse
jas61292 said:
I'll join in. Sounds fun.

Oh, and I guess I will drop my challenge from a few pages back. Not that anyone responded anyways.

edit @below: wow, one second difference in our post times. impressive. anyways, I guess that means I choose Items, in which case... no... no items.
Ragnarokalex said:
lol ill probly do really badly, but ill join if youll have me!

EDIT: Switch=KO sound alright?
And the upshot of all of that is:

2+2 v 2+2
Doubles
DQ: 2 Days
All abilities
No Items
Switch = KO

Anyway, the order will be:

-Dark Pulse releases a Pokemon
-jas releases a Pokemon
-Spenstar releases a Pokemon
-Ragnarokalex releases a Pokemon and issues instructions
-Spenstar issues instructions
-jas issues instructions
-Dark Pulse issues instructions
-Athenodoros refs and issues instructions.

That leaves only you lot, so off you go. My only advice is to check everything in Dark Pulse's OP, because it looks like there is stuff there. Have at it!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that post. And I'll post your Pokemon as they appear, because otherwise it gives the earlier releasers an advantage they shouldn't have.

Actually, I did say (somewhat late) that it would be all abilities. and, you never posted our teams x(

edit: Oh okay... but the later releasers get an advantage by getting to counter-pick against a blind selection anyway o.O why not make things more even? Plus, Dark Pulse will be well off knowing what his Partner's going to be using before he sends out his own mon, for example.

Ok! I'm going to start out with my Trusty:

Groudon!

All Abilities? Darn... All my Pokes only have one Ability :p
Regardless, What's the Arena's RNG Roll? Will that be done before or after we choose our Pokes? [I hope it's the Nether xD]

also, I think this is a good Idea, besides: Spenstar can always VM/PM in regards to Strategy: Etc.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Groudon eh. So its a Vulpix. Well, in that case, lets fight fire with... water. Go BigPecks! And I guess all abilities means you get to show off those Big Pecks while still having a Keen Eye. Cool

Athenodoros

Dark Pulse, it is your arena, so it is up to you. So, I have done the RNG roll for the arena and it is ........... <snip>. You can change your Pokemon if you want.

EDIT: Fucksticks, where did you all come from? I'll leave the RNG reveal until the first round now that half of you have chosen, sorry guys.

oh crud ur right, Kalihns my Magby, and lets get this shindig rolling with some setup! Quickly Kalihn Confuse ray Puff before he can get out of hand! Then then follow up with Toxic to help speed along the fight! Then finish up with a final Confuse Ray on Groudon, just to make sure noones feels left out :p. If anyone uses Taunt or Encore on you, use protect to ensure u can continue your set up unimpeded.

Okay Puff, let's rock the house! Start with a Volt Switch on BigPecks. Due to its mechanics in switch = KO, you'll be freed from confusion. Then just thunderbolt BigPecks twice!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK, not good. I'm sure BigPecks remembers her first ever battle where she got fried by a Pichu. This looks like it will have the same result. But, we have a partner this time, maybe it will turn out better. So lets just do as much as we can as quickly as possible, and remember, no matter the outcome, after this battle you will evolve.

First lets Scald Groudon, then Ice Beam Puff, and finish with another Scald on Groudon. However, if Groudon tries to set up Sunny Day, then any actions after that should just be Ice Beams on Puff.

Guess it's my turn, isn't it?

Well, let's see... Groudon can start off by Imprisoning Magby, then Setting up a nice, Sunny day, and finally launch a Confuse Ray at Magby
...if Monohom hurts itself in confusion action one, use Roar on Monohom and move all actions Right...

it's time for carnage, heh heh heh...

Imprison ~ Sunny Day ~ Confuse Ray (both Imprison and Confuse Ray Directed at Magby)

IF Monohom hurts itself in Confusion, move all actions Right and use Roar on Monohom action 1

Imprison: Confuse Ray, Fire Spin and Ember

Athenodoros

Vulpix(*) (Groudon) (M)
Nature: Timid (A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a (75^2/500 = 11.25%) increase in accuracy on this Pokemon's attacks; Attack reduced by *)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Drought (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is sent out it summons blistering sunlight that scorches the field and does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 -
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 75 +

EC: 2/6
MC: 4
DC: 2/5
KOC: 1

Attacks:
Ember(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Roar(*)
Quick Attack(*)
Fire Spin(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Imprison(*)
Flame Burst(*)

Egg Moves:
Hex(*)
Extrasensory(*)
Power Swap(*)

TM's
Sunny Day(*)
Overheat(*)
Will-O-Wisp(*)

Monohm [Puff] (Female, Shiny) (Shiny Sprite made by Spenstar : D)
Nature: Modest
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.
About Puff: When Spenstar first saw Puff, she was an abandoned pink egg in the Pokemon day-care. Spenstar offered to buy the egg for two Trainer Counters, an offer which the day-care man accepted. While traveling the world with Rabbi, Spenstar also took care of the egg, giving it love and affection that a Pokemon egg should get. When the egg hatched, the Pokemon inside was revealed to be a pink female Monohm, which Spenstar named Puff. Since then, Spenstar has considered Puff to be like his own child, and has been the best father figure he can be for her, and she loves him with all her heart as a result. The other Pokemon on the team welcomed Puff and think of her as their little sister. Brick specifically takes on a "big brother" role for Puff, perhaps because the role of "youngest Pokemon on team" has shifted from Brick to Puff.

Puff is the first Shiny Monohm ever discovered, which gives her a tough of individuality no other Monohm can boast.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-1)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4(+1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60

EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Sheer Force (DW): (Locked) (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Leer
Dragon Rage
Charge
Thundershock
Rain Dance
Twister
Spark
Sonicboom
Slack Off
Hurricane

Heal Bell
Hydro Pump
DragonBreath

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Dragon Pulse

Ducklett(*) BigPecks (F)
Nature: Quirky (No Effect on Stats)

Type: Water/Flying
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Keen Eye: (Innate) This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by any means. Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion.
Big Pecks: (Innate) This Pokemon's sturdy wings prevent its defense from being lowered. The rate its natural defense drops after a boost is also halved from one every round to once every two (2) rounds.
Hydration (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water during the rain to heal any status effects afflicting this Pokemon.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 55

EC: 5/6
MC: 1
DC: 3/5

Attacks:

Water Gun (*)
Water Sport (*)
Defog (*)
Wing Attack (*)
Water Pulse (*)
Aerial Ace (*)
BubbleBeam (*)
Feather Dance (*)
Aqua Ring (*)
Roost
Rain Dance
Brave Bird
Hurricane

Me First (*)
Mirror Move (*)
Steel Wing (*)

Facade (*)
Ice Beam (*)
Scald (*)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/240.png
Magby (Kalihn) Male
Nature:Modest
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Type: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. (Dream World)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2(-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 83

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Ember*
Smog*
Leer*
Fire Punch*
Smoke Screen*
Faint Attack*
Fire Spin*
Confuse Ray*

Barrier*
Mach Punch*
Thunder Punch*

Toxic*
Protect*
Flamethrower*

Groudon, Dark Pulse's Vulpix

Energy: 100%
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature Effects: + 11.25% Accuracy and Dodge.
Atk: *
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 75

Puff, Spenstar's Monohm

Ability: Shield Dust
Ability: Static
Atk: *
Def: ***
SpA: ****
SpD: **
Spe: 60

Vs.

BigPecks, jas61292's Ducklett

HP: 100
Ability: Keen Eye
Ability: Big Pecks
Atk: **
SpA: **
Spe: 55

Kalihn, Ragnarokalex's Magby

Ability: Flame Body
Atk: **
SpA: ****
Spe: 83

--------------------
----------------------------
-----------
"Uuuuuhhh". You all hear a noise from the over the other side of the area, and you see that finally the referee for the little bout has teleported in to this strange place, ready to finally oversee the battle. The Pokemon, Vulpix and Monohm, Ducklett and Magby, are all itching to get started on what is, for some, their first battle. Groudon the misleadingly named Vulpix starts to paw the ground nervously, and small embers play around the feet of Kalihn the Magby where he stands. However, first, Athenodoros releases one of his own Pokemon, Starmie the Astraea, who floats off in to the distance and illuminates the inside of a giant cave, which is being worked on as we speak. On an instruction from Athenodoros, Starmie releases a huge pulse of light and finally you can all see what is going on in there: a small group of people are working tirelessly to transform the space into a huge arena, obviously just for battling, although it doesn't look like it will be ready for another while: possibly they will finish it by nightfall, which is in a while given it is now noon. However, with this done, and with Starmie merely waiting inside the cave so everyone can see the construction, the battle is now free to commence, and finally you all start to shout loudly at your Pokemon, yelling encouragement and support from the sidelines. Quickly, Kalihn the Magby begins his battling career, advancing towards Puff the Monohm. He outstretches his arms, and summons up a huge Confuse Ray, which envelopes Puff completely, but perhaps because of the adrenaline of a new match, it doesn't confuse her very much (5 Energy). Then, Groudon the Vulpix starts up, but he falters slightly as he nears the end of his run into the middle of the ring of Pokemon, slightly confused by his trainer's instruction's. He doesn't yet know whether or not Puff will overcome the confusion it is making obvious at the moment, and so Vulpix decides to just proceed with all guns blazing, and begins to mentally attach himself back to Kalihn, and slowly disables his ability to use some of Groudon's moves. Kalihn ends up completely Imprisoned by the move, and as a result can't use Confuse Ray, Fire Spin or Ember for a while (8 Energy). Next, Puff the magic dragon (xD) crawls up, and launches himself at BigPecks the Ducklett. However, he holds himself weirdly as he does it, as though his weight is behind him the whole time. Nonetheless, he delivers a powerful charge into to BigPecks, and the recoil from the huge Volt Change forces him flying back, although it doesn't quite have the confusion-reducing power that Spenstar hoped for (apparently that is only PHazing moves. Who knew?) (4 Energy, 30 Damage). Then, finally, BigPecks himself finally manages to move, moving over towards Groudon and then heating an internal resevoir of water to its boiling point, and then unleashing it all at once in an effort to Scald Groudon. Then water washes over him, not quite managing to burn him, but nonetheless hurting badly and leaving him slightly too wet for a Fire-type Pokemon to be comfortable with (5 Energy, 14 Damage).

Next, Magby is up, and he once again moves up to Puff, but this time drenches him in a terrible poison, leaving him badly poisoned by the Toxic sludge (7 Energy). This leaves it in quite a state, but Groudon does not look too deterred, and still manages to set up a Sunny Day, using her inner heat to create a powerful sun-like orb up in the sky, leaving everything much hotter and drier than before, which is a good thing as we head in to the mid-afternoon (9 Energy). His teammate, Puff, also jumps up, and goes stright for the neck by swirling Thunderbolts around his head, which he finally launches straight at BigPecks, which roasts him alive because of the huge voltage, the effects of the Confuse Ray from before apparently forgotten (6 Energy, 36 Damage). Finally, this leaves only BigPecks to respond to the huge attack that hit him last round, who seems to be distracted from the onslaught he had begun before against Groudon, and now concentrates his fire on Puff, launching a huge Ice Beam at it, and it hits him super effectively, for a lot of damage (7 Energy, 15 Damage). This leaves everyone with only one action left for today, and it looks like everyone is about to pull out a few more stops to get a good position heading in to the night!

Kalihn once again starts of the round of four moves, and this time aims another Confuse Ray at Groudon. However, just at the crucial time, Groudon uses the psychic link he created before to stop Kalihn in his tracks, renering him helpless and unable to attack. Then, Groudon capitalises on the break, and to add insult to injury, launches his own huge Confuse Ray at Kalihn, although it is not very effective, and does not leave Kalihn confused for too long (5 Energy). Then, Puff follows up with yet another powerful Thunderbolt at BigPecks, this time causing a Critical Hit, perhaps because of the repeated poundings. Anyway, this last blow hurts BigPecks so badly that it is finally reduced to jsut falling over, unable to battle any more. (10 Energy, 43 Damage). This leaves jas61292 without a Pokemon able to battle, so he will have to release a new one now. This also leaves the round finally over, and as it gets dark around everyone, several interesting things happen. First, the night begins to fall, which means that suddenly a few monsters seem to be circling around the outskirts of the area that we are using to battle, although it seems that they are being kept at a distance by the lustrous orb that was created by Groudon's Sunny Day technique, which is still giving off light, although not as much now that night has fallen. Also, the arena seems to have just turned in to a giant swamp! All of the trainers are standing on rises in the land, and the Pokemon are scattered around in between the five people. However, Starmie's light shows the arena being built in the mountain to still look to be the same, untouched by the weird transformation outside. In fact, it looks like it is just about finished, meaning that people can now choose to go inside! Just tell me if you want Starmie to Teleport you in or out at the end of a round, and you can enter that way. Anyway, the order is below, so good luck everyone in the second round, and have fun!

Sunny Day is in effect, and will remain so for another 4 Rounds.
Also, I hope I got the arena stuff right. I'm not entirely sure about some of it.
Finally, sorry this took so long. Exams and such happened, but future posts will take less time.

Order:
jas61292 releases a Pokemon
Spenstar
jas61292
Dark Pulse
Ragnarokalex
-----------
----------------------------
--------------------

Groudon, Dark Pulse's Vulpix

HP: 76
Energy: 87%

Puff, Spenstar's Monohm

HP: 58
Energy: 80%
Badly Poisoned (1)

Vs.

BigPecks, jas61292's Ducklett

HP: KO
Energy: KO

Kalihn, Ragnarokalex's Magby

Energy: 88%
Confuse Ray, Fire Spin and Ember all Imprisoned - Four More Actions
Confused - Two More Actions

ok... There wasn't actually meant to be a "transformation" as such... we litterally start inside the swamp...
...anyway, you got the arena right, and goddamn lucky we weren't in a savannah or desert, or we'd be fighting off creepers...

just saying, all's well, good job! (don't forget, be as creative as possible, even if you do it to even the playing field a little)

I agree to an extent. Because this time, his creativity meant lowballing Puff on the damage calcs. (though more likely, an honest mistake) I did the calcs and Puff did 35 less damage to BigPecks than the ref gave her credit for. I won't post actions until this is fixed.

Athenodoros

Sorry, I misread BigPecks' description. I've never seen a Ducklett before, so I thought it was pure Water. I'll change them now.

got it, thanks :) just did the calcs, turns out they were accurate for a pure water Pokemon. Honest mistakes happen and can be fixed.

jas61292

used substitute
Holy crap.... that hurts. I mean, I knew it would hurt, but still....

Well, can't help that now. But anyways, we can still come back.

Lets go Hatchet (the Scratchet)

Alright puff! Use Slack Off To Recover HP, then use Rain Dance, and finish off with a Hurricane on Hatchet! If you get taunted in the first or second action, replace all that with Thunderbolt-Flamethrower-Thunderbolt all on Hatchet.

jas61292

used substitute
OK, well, I don't want Puff to recover, but that rain hurts Groudon more than anyone else, so lets let them have it. Time to put Prankster to use. Start by Taunting Groudon, and then Toxic it, finally, lets Protect ourselves from that Hurricane.

Taunt (Groudon) - Toxic (Groudon) - Protect

Dark Pulse has passed DQ time. That counts as a loss for him and as nothing for the rest of us. Athenodoros, you should reveal who everyone's using so the rewards for the battle can be given out as stated in a SotG post.

Athenodoros

Yes, Dark Pulse has been online since I VM'd him and he's way over DQ. I'm hereby cancelling the match, but I'm afraid no one gets counters because only one round has been played. Sorry guys.

uuuh! NOOOOO!!!!!

I've been unable to access the internet other than my phone, which doesn't let me post...

...uuuh!!!!! dammit!

(if this ever can be reversed, I'll just say start with Flame Burst on Hatchet, then Extrasensory on Magby, and finally extrasensory on Magby again!)

>_<
D:
:(
>:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)