Alomomola

Alomomola

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/594.shtml

<p>Alomomola, introduced to us in BW, was clearly designed to fill one role and one role only: WishPassing. Alomomola performs more than adequately in this role, and, thanks to her 165 / 80 / 45 defenses, she has ample capability to take advantage of Wish-recovery and stall with Toxic.</p>

<p>The good news for Alomomola pretty much ends there, though. She still has problems taking hits from special attacks, and has hardly any options for damage output outside of Toxic thanks to her undesirable attacking stats. She is also easily outpredicted; when Alomomola comes onto the scene, it's immediately very clear what she will be doing there. Despite her flaws, though, Alomomola's WishPassing skills are a magnificent asset to any team, and in the right hands, she can turn a downward spiral into a victory.</p>

[SET]
name: Wish Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Waterfall
item: Leftovers
ability: Hydration
nature: Impish
evs: 104 HP / 176 Def / 228 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the only set that Alomomola should ever really run, but she performs so well as a WishPasser that it's the only set she'll ever need. Wish and Protect give Alomomola a reliable form of recovery, and help the team tremendously by passing large amounts of recovery per Wish. Toxic is Alomomola's only reliable means of dealing damage, but it works very well with her natural bulk and ability to take hits well. Waterfall is Alomomola's best attacking option, using her higher Attack stat and preventing Taunt users from completely walling her.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Rest could be used over Wish on a Rain team for instant recovery with Hydration, pairing well with Toxic to stall out opponents, but Alomomola's niche is passing huge Wishes, and she is outclassed when running any set not involving WishPassing.</p>

<p>Alomomola should be used on teams that need the extra recovery support; therefore, she can fit into virtually any team successfully. Chansey makes a particularly excellent partner for Alomomola. Given their ability to wall on opposite attacking sides, and Chansey's access to clerical support, the two pink Pokemon balance each other out very well.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Alomomola has a decent movepool at her disposal, but her main focus should be WishPassing. Aqua Ring can be used to double her recovery between turns. Soak can be used in tandem with Toxic to stall out Steel- and Poison-types and to remove the opposing Pokemon's STAB from its attacks. Healing Wish takes Alomomola out of the game to fully recover a wounded ally, but Wish will usually do a good enough job of healing without sacrificing her life, and she doesn't have an ideal Speed stat to pull it off well enough. Light Screen bolsters Alomomola's Special Defense and supports the rest of the team. She can set up Rain Dance, but has better things to do with her time. Refresh can be used to cure Toxic poisoning aimed at Alomomola, but it's better to utilize clerical support from the likes of Chansey instead of wasting a moveslot.</p>

<p>Another huge problem for Alomomola is her inadequate attacking stats. Base 75 and 40 aren't going to hurt much, even in the lower tiers. She does have quite a few other attacking options outside of Waterfall, but they typically won't be effective enough to merit any use. Aqua Jet can be used as an option to hit with priority. Dive can be used to combine the roles of Waterfall and Protect, freeing up a move slot, but it is easily outpredicted and countered. Calm Mind can be used to boost Alomomola's weaker special stats, but this role is better performed by other Calm Mind users who actually have the raw power to back the boosts up like Slowbro. Her special movepool includes Brine, Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Ice Beam, Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Hidden Power.</p>

<p>Mirror Coat can be used with Alomomola's giant HP stat, but it has to be used very carefully, or else the strategy will backfire. Substitute can prevent status outside of the rain. Rest pairs wonderfully with Rain Dance teams and Hydration, allowing Alomomola one-turn full health restoration, but Wish is usually the better choice for the team support.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Alomomola's biggest threat to teams is her capability to pass enormous Wishes to her teammates. Thus, Taunt users really cripple Alomomola. Cottonee deserves a special mention for this, carrying Taunt and Leech Seed to sap large amounts of health. Murkrow does a great job as well, Toxic-stalling Alomomola to a KO. Bulky Steel- and Poison-types such as Registeel and Weezing counter any Alomomola set that lacks Soak, since she has no real means of dealing damage outside of Toxic, to which they are immune. Strong special STAB Electric and Grass moves handle Alomomola quite easily, despite her natural bulk. Also, weather manipulation neuters Alomomola's survivability, especially if she is relying on RainResting.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Dream World Alomomola has not been released yet, which is a shame. Regenerator is a fantastic ability, and will be an excellent addition to Alomomola's repertoire once it is released. She will heal up to 33% of her health upon switching out, allowing Alomomola more opportunities to spread Toxic and pass her bountiful Wishes; only Audino shares the combination of Wish and Regenerator.</p>

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
You need to edit your post and put the tag "Quality Control". Click Edit, then Advanced options and then right on the left of the title, select Quality Control.

breh

強いだね
shouldn't the nature be calm?

wish is the only reason you should be using this; mention rest in oo and aromatherapy / heal bell support in AC. remove sub from the last slot.

mention 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD Calm

mention calm mind, if only for the defense boosts

uhhh... I'm not really too sure how to play alomamola bar wish so the rest seems fine to me.

gimmick set time!

(fiddle with the evs)

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Rest
move 3: Rain Dance
move 4: Scald
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Calm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD

at least mention it in OO; test it first, though. if it works, then add it.

shouldn't the nature be calm?

wish is the only reason you should be using this; mention rest in oo and aromatherapy / heal bell support in AC. remove sub from the last slot.

mention 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD Calm

mention calm mind, if only for the defense boosts

uhhh... I'm not really too sure how to play alomamola bar wish so the rest seems fine to me.

gimmick set time!

(fiddle with the evs)

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Rest
move 3: Rain Dance
move 4: Scald
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Calm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 S. Def

at least mention it in OO; test it first, though. if it works, then add it.

The nature depends on whether Waterfall or Scald is being used, but I'll mention both. And I'll make the other changes as well. I'm not going to add the Calm Mind set, though; a mention in OO should be good enough, I think, unless others recommend adding it as well.

Also, unless I missed something, I don't think Alomomola can learn Aromatherapy or Heal Bell.

breh

強いだね
no, I mean heal bell support from other pokes.

chansey is a prime option since the two share no weaknesses and have opposite defences.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I don't like the EV spread. Alomomola's base HP is already really high, and max special defense just undermines its physical potential. It doesn't have Blissey's capability of leaving a stat completely unattended and still being able to wall almost every single hit coming from that side of the spectrum...

I think that the spread in the OU analysis would work just fine, since it has basically the same role in both tiers.

Impish
104 HP / 176 Def / 228 SpD

104 HP for a leftovers number, 176 Def for a jump point in defense, and rest is spilled into SDef.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

QC 3/3

Before you get to writing this though, be sure to NOT use curly apostrophes. Write the analysis either here or on Notepad, don't do it in Word though.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
there is a way to set the default apostrophes in word from curly to straight. I did this when I started writing for C&C, can't remember how.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i just figured it out here.

just go to options, and find auto-correct options. then there will be 5 tabs. click auto-correct as you type, or something like that, and then uncheck straight quotes with smart quotes.

I'll do an unofficial check right now. (I can't stamp your thing, but a GP team member might stamp your analysis after they see this.)

Remove
Add
Cap/Decap
Comments

[OVERVIEW]
<p>Alomomola, introduced to us in the fifth generation, was clearly designed to fill one role and one role only: Wish-passing. As one of the new Pokemon introduced in the fifth generation, Alomomola is best used as a Wish-passer. Alomomola performs more than adequately in this role is one of the best Wish-passers in UU, and thanks to her 165/80/45 defenses, she can take many hits on the physical side while using Wish and stalling with Toxic. has ample capability to take advantage of Wish-recovery and stall with Toxic.</p>
<p>The good news for Alomomola pretty much ends there, though. She still has problems taking hits on the special side Her special bulk isn't nearly as good as her physical bulk, and has hardly any options for damage output outside of Toxic thanks to her undesirable attack stats. she can't really deal damage to opponents outside of Toxic. She is also very predictable, as she can't really do anything other than use Wish. easily outpredicted; when Alomomola comes onto the scene, it's immediately very clear what she will be doing there.</p>
<p>Despite her flaws, though, Alomomola's Wish-passing skills are a magnificent asset to any team, and in the right hands, she can turn a downward spiral into a victory.</p>

[SET]

name: Wish Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Waterfall
item: Leftovers
ability: Hydration
nature: Impish
evs: 104 HP / 176 Def / 228 SpD
Please decap everything I did in pink from now on. It's a common mistake.
[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the only set that Alomomola should ever really run, but she performs so well as a Wish-passer that it's the only set she'll ever need. Wish and Protect give Alomomola a reliable form of recovery, and help the team tremendously by passing large amounts of recovery per Wish. Toxic is Alomomola's only reliable means of damage-dealing, but it works very well thanks to her good defenses. with her natural bulk and ability to take hits well. Waterfall is Alomomola's best attacking option, using her higher attacking stat and preventing Taunt-users from completely walling her.Though Alomomola's Waterfall is rather weak, it's the second best offensive option for Alomomola and it allows her to deal damage while she's Taunted.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Rest could be used over Wish on a manual Rain team /*no automatic rain in UU, be sure to note that*/ for instant recovery with Hydration, pairing well with Toxic to stall-out opponent, but Alomomola is outclassed if she tries to run anything other than a Wish-passing set.Alomomola's niche is passing huge Wishes, and she is outclassed when running any set not involving Wish-passing.</p>
<p>Alomomola should be used on teams that need the extra recovery support; therefore, she can fit into virtually any team successfully. Chansey makes a particularly excellent partner for Alomomola. With opposite defenses of each other,As Chansey is specially defensive and Alomomola is physically defensive, and Chansey's access to clerical support, the two pink Pokemon balance each other out very well. Additionally, Chansey can support the team with Aromatherapy.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Alomomola has a decent movepool at her disposal, but as previously stated, her main focus should be Wish-passing. Alomomola's main problem with her movepool is that she suffers from severe four moveslot syndrome. doesn't have enough move slots to use everything effectively. Aqua Ring can be used to double her recovery between turns. Soak can be used in tandem with Toxic to stall out Steel- and Poison-types and to remove the opponent's STAB from its attacks. Healing Wish takes Alomomola out of the game to fully recover a wounded ally, but Wish will usually do a good enough job of healing without sacrificing her life, and she is too slow to use it effectively. doesn't have an ideal Speed stat to pull it off well enough. Light Screen bolsters Alomomola's Special Defense and supports the rest of the team, and while pairings nicely with Wish. She can also set up Rain Dance, but she has better things to do with her time. Refresh can be used to remove her status condtions cure Toxic-poisoning aimed at Alomomola, but it's better to utilize clerical support from the likes of Chansey instead of wasting a move slot.</P>
<p>Another huge problem for Alomomola is her inadequate attacking stats. Base 75 Attack and base 40 Special Attack aren't going to hurt much, even in the lower tiers. She does have quite a few other attacking options outside of Waterfall, but they typically won't be effective enough to merit any use. Aqua Jet can be used as an option to hit with priority. Dive can be used as a pseudo-Protect move without being Taunt-bait, freeing up a move slot, but the opponent can simply switch to a Pokemon that resists Dive while Alomomola is underwater. but it is easily outpredicted and countered. Calm Mind can be used to boost Alomomola's weaker special stats, and can be paired with either a Rest set or an attacking set, but it is largely outclassed by other Calm Mind users who actually have enough power the raw base power to back the boosts up use the boosts offensively. Her special movepool includes Brine, Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Ice Beam, Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Hidden Power, but launching special attacks off a base-40 Special Attack stat is laughable at best, even with several Calm Mind boosts.</p>
<p>Mirror Coat can be used with Alomomola's giant massive HP stat, but very good prediction is required to use Mirror Coat properly. it has to be used very carefully, or else the strategy will backfire. Substitute can be used to prevent status when rain is not active. outside of the rain, and add more Leftovers recovery time. /*Not really, unless you are using Aqua Ring.*/ Rest pairs wonderfully with Rain Dance teams and Hydration, allowing Alomomola one-turn full health restoration, but Wish is usually the better choice for the team support.</P>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

<p>Alomomola's biggest threat to opposing teams is her capability to pass enormous Wishes to her teammates. Thus, Taunt-users really cripple Alomomola's effectiveness. As Wish is not an attacking move, Taunt users can shut Alomomola down. Whimsicott /*Whimsicott is still OU for now, as the tiers haven't updated yet*/.Murkrow and Cottonee both deserves a special mention, for this carrying Taunt, Leech Seed to sap large amounts of health, and STAB special Grass attacks.as they can both Taunt Alomomola and use Toxic to slowly KO Alomomola. Bulky Steel- and Poison-types like Registeel and Weezing counter any Alomomola set that lacks Soak, as Poison and Steel-types are immune to Toxic. since she has no real means of dealing damage outside of Toxic, to which they are immune. Strong special STAB Electric and Grass moves handle Alomomola quite easily, Despite her natural bulk, Alomomola can be KOed by strong special Electric and Grass type attacks. Also, weather manipulation neuters Alomomola's survivability, especially if she is relying on Rain-Resting.Though rare, hail and sandstorm can reduce Alomomola's survivability, especially if she is using Rest and Hydration to heal herself completely. </p>

[DREAM WORLD]

<p>Dream World Alomomola has not been released yet, and is it truly unfortunate that it will not be released anytime soon. which is a shame. Regenerator is a fantastic ability, and it will be an excellent addition to Alomomola's repertoire once it is released should it ever be released. She will heal up to 33% one-third of her health upon switching out, allowing which allows Alomomola more opportunities to switch in and pass Wishes.spread Toxic and pass her bountiful Wishes in an almost unparalleled combination (only Audino shares the combination of Wish and Regenerator.)/*Don't use parentheses.*/</p>
/*You... might want a little help with your grammar. Don't give up though- you have potential.*/

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK I really hate to say this because it's obvious that you've put a lot of effort into this check, but there's way way way too many unnecessary changes, and you've basically rewritten the analysis in your own style, with many choices that I would personally not agree with. The author of this analysis can pick and choose what suggestions he wants to implement in this case, because I would recommend against implementing the whole thing.

OK I really hate to say this because it's obvious that you've put a lot of effort into this check, but there's way way way too many unnecessary changes, and you've basically rewritten the analysis in your own style, with many choices that I would personally not agree with. The author of this analysis can pick and choose what suggestions he wants to implement in this case, because I would recommend against implementing the whole thing.

I agree with Fatecrashers. Thank you for the help, and I'll make the changes about Whimsicott/Murkrow/Cottonee, but I'm not rewriting my analysis when there is nothing wrong with it.

And as far as my grammar goes, if there is a common issue in my analysis, please point it out to me. Don't criticize my grammar without telling me what I'm doing wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)