ASB Rotatation Battle! LightWolf Vs. nEsp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, guys. I can't really think of anything clever to put here...

Here's the match details for everyone;

Open Challenge!

3v3 Rotation Battle!
DQ: 2 Days
No recoveries, no chills.

Arena:

An empty space. There's only a 20x20 square meters platform for the pokémon to battle on. The pokémon cannot be knocked off the platform, nor can the platform be destroyed. There's no external water source, and digging is prohibited. Moreover, the emptyness of this place prevents any weather from being summoned. There is not even air here, so sound based attacks will also fail, as sound cannot be transferred in vacuum. I don't know how, but the pokémon and trainers aren't bothered by the lack of air in any other way then that one trainer doesn't hear what the other trainer commands his/her pokémon to do! In other words, actions are PM'd to the ref, not posted in the thread.

Switching between pokémon are only permitted before the first action of the round, and any switching is PM'd to the ref alongside the actions.

Summary:

-20x20 square meters platform.
-No air, water nor digging.
-No weather or changing of weather.
-Actions are PM'd to the ref instead of posted in the thread.

Oh, and I'd rather if you'd only bring NFE's, as I will do the same.
Accepting NEsp's challenge.

Switch=Rotation
All abilities
Items are nope
Here's nEsp's pokemon;

Cottonee(*) (M)

Nature: Bold (Defense increased by *; Attack reduced by *)

Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Prankster: Type: Innate

The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Infiltrator: Type: Innate

Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Chlorophyll (DW): Type: Innate

During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 66

EC: 3/6
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:

Absorb(*)
Growth(*)
Leach Seed(*)
Stun Spore(*)
Mega Drain(*)
Cotton Spore(*)
Razor Leaf(*)
PoisonPowder(*)
Sunny Day
Charm
Helping Hand
Cotton Guard
Helping Hand

Encore(*)
Memento(*)
Worry Seed(*)

Substitute(*)
Taunt(*)
Hidden Power (Fire, 7)(*)
Double Team

Riolu(*) Aura (F)

Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *)

Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:

Steadfast: Type: Innate

If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Inner Focus: Type: Innate

When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Prankster (DW): Type: Innate

The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60

EC: 1/6
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Attacks:

Quick Attack(*)
Foresight(*)
Endure(*)
Counter(*)
Force Palm(*)
Feint(*)
Reversal(*)
Screech(*)

Cross Chop(*)
Blaze Kick(*)
Detect(*)

Rock Slide(*)
Frustration(*)
Earthquake(*)
Dig

Charmander [Pyripnon] (F)
Nature: Lonely (+1 Atk, -1 Def)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas..

Abilities:
Blaze: Type: Innate

When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)

Solar Power (DW): Type: Innate

When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 65

EC: 1/9

Attacks:

Scratch
Growl
Ember
Smokescreen
Dragon Rage
Scary Face
Fire Fang

Crunch
Flare Blitz
Outrage

Rock Slide
Toxic
Will-o-Wisp
Dig

And here's LightWolf's pokemon;

Duosion [Greed] (M)

Nature: Quiet (+SpA -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:

Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.
Overcoat: (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather.
Regenerator: (Innate) (DW) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 6 (+)
Spe: 26 (-)
Evasion: -10%

EC: 5/9
DC: 5/5

Attacks:

Psywave (*)
Reflect (*)
Rollout (*)
Snatch (*)
Hidden Power (Fire, 7) (*)
Light Screen (*)
Charm (*)
Recover (*)
Psyshock (*)
Psychic

Imprison (*)
Secret Power (*)
Confuse Ray (*)

Toxic (*)
Energy Ball (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Thunder
Telekinesis
Double Team
Protect

Magneton [Blitzkrieg] (Genderless)

Nature: Quiet (+SpA -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:

Magnet Pull: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions. Steel types cannot switch out in a Switch=OK battle while a Pokemon with Magnet Pull is on the field without the use of Baton Pass, U-turn, or Volt Switch.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Analytic: (Can be Enabled) (DW) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 6 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 60 (-)
Evasion: -10%

EC: 4/9
MC: 1

Attacks:

Metal Sound (*)
Tackle (*)
ThunderShock (*)
Supersonic (*)
Sonicboom (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Spark (*)
Tri Attack

Magnet Rise (*)
Lock-On (*)
Zap Cannon (*)
Magic Coat
Signal Beam

Thunderbolt (*)
Flash Cannon (*)
Substitute (*)

Gible [Jinbe], (M)
Nature: Adamant

Type: Dragon/Ground
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
Spe: 42

Counters:
EC: 4/9
DC: 3/5

Abilities:
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin: (Innate) (DW) When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

Attacks:
Tackle
Sand Attack
Dragon Rage
Sandstorm
Take Down
Sand Tomb
Slash
Dig

Outrage
Twister
Iron Tail

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Protect
Substitute

So to recap how Rotation works; neither of you post actions in the thread. Feel free to post here if you like, small/friendly/trash talk, whatever. But you both PM me your actions for each round. At the start of each round, you may rotate to a different pokemon, but it can not be done mid-round. I'll start by putting Cottonee and Greed out first, since it matters so little. Also note that each round has a total DQ time of 2 days, so the sooner I get those actions the better. Alright guys, let the battle begin!

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was orginally going to bring my newly brought mons, but the prize claim wasn't approved yet and I didn't want to stall, hope you don't mind Greed and Blitzkrieg!

EDIT: Do boosts stagnate if the mon under it's effects is currently rotated out? I've not seen any rotation battle in ASB yet.

EDIT2: I haven't edited it in yet, but overcoat changed a bit, don't forget that please

When a pokemon is rotated out, I'm treating them as basically frozen in time. They take no damage from poison/burn/leech seed/etc., and boosts/drops do not revert back to normal until it is rotated back in.

Oh, I didn't see that the thread was up. Gl LW, no problem with you being greedy or wanting this to be a blitzkrieg. Expect actions to be PM'd in soon.

EDIT: Are you allowed to give substitutions based on what mon the opponent sends in? I'd rather not be allowed to actually, and I cannot see it fit under the chance sub, nor the move sub.

I think I'll allow subs, but I think I'd only allow move-based subs. I don't want orders for each potential opponent.

Basically, no "IF he switches in this, do this"

yes "IF opponent uses this move, do this".

Reffing coming shortly.

90 HP/90 HP/90 HP
100 Energy/100 Energy/100 Energy

Vs.

90 HP/90 HP/100 HP
100 Energy/100 Energy/100 Energy

Okay, welcome to ASB Rotation Battle!!!

Both trainers are battling blind, neither one knows if any attacks they order are aimed at the right target! Only I know what will happen! Don't worry, I'll tell you.

The match starts with LightWolf sending in his Gible, Jinbe. nEsp happens to send out his Riolu, Aura. Despite the fact that they don't know each other's orders, they both give the same order, they both Earthquake at each other.

They decide to mix things up a bit, and not shake the arena at each other. Aura the Riolu lets out a howling Screech at Jinbe, but since there's no air (since we're in a vacuum) it fails. Jinbe responds by slashing at Aura with his Dragonic Claws, hitting Aura hard.

The combatants suffer from a sickness I see all the time, same-attack-syndrome. I can tell because they repeat the action they did at the start, Earthquake. I'm not even sure how that happens here, anyway.

Riolu
Earthquake
RNG roll to crit; (63/1000 = crit) 472 = no crit
[10 BAP + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 13 Damage, 7 Energy

Screech
Failed, 6 Energy

Earthquake
RNG roll to crit; (63/1000 = crit) 247 = no crit

Gible
Earthquake
RNG roll to crit; (63/1000 = crit) 678 = no crit
[10 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 16 Damage, 6 Energy

Dragon Claw
RNG roll to crit; (63/1000 = crit) 214 = no crit
[8 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 14 Damage, 5 Energy

Earthquake
RNG roll to crit; (63/1000 = crit) 259 = no crit
[10 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 16 Damage, 6 Energy

44 HP/90 HP/90 HP
80 Energy/100 Energy/100 Energy

Vs.

64 HP/90 HP/100 HP
84 Energy/100 Energy/100 Energy

Alright guys, PM me your actions, and feel free to comment/etc. in the thread in the mean time.

A nice round there, well played LightWolf so far.

rickheg, I bet LightWolf is somewhat angry, or at least irritated about you forgetting about the no-sound based moves, just like I did.

Screech is sound-based.

Let's see how the next round turns out.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh.... I didn't notice that, but I'm not someone to complain about things like that, so it can stay.

Fine with me LW, but I'd not like it if I'd win by a thin margin now...

Whatever, I guess it's up to rickheg if he wants to edit it or not.

I undid the Screech. It had a direct effect on the match, and I don't like leaving mistakes that affect the match.

44 HP/90 HP/90 HP
80 Energy/100 Energy/100 Energy

Vs.

64 HP/90 HP/100 HP
84 Energy/100 Energy/100 Energy

Alright, let's get this party train a-rollin!! LightWolf switches in his Duosion, Greed, as nEsp switches in his Cottonee, who is apparently without a nickname (who even does that?)

Cottonee's first order of business is to create a Substitute to protect himself from any tricks Greed may try to pull. Greed responds by creating clones of himself, using the Double Team method.

Cottonee worries that he'll never be able to find the real Greed, so he fires a Stun Spore in hopes of hitting the real one. Unfortunately, he missed. Greed responds by firing a Psychic blast, breaking apart the Substitute.

Cottonee tries to recover his health he lost to the substitute, so he aims at a Greed, and focuses on a Mega Drain. But unfortunately, he hit another clone. The real Greed lashes out with a Psyshock slash. It hit so well, that he scored a critical hit.

Let's take a look at how everyone's doing;

Cottonee
15 HP Substitute
12 Energy

Stun Spore
RNG roll to hit; (200/1000 = hit) 278 = clone
miss, 6 Energy

Mega Drain
RNG roll to hit; (250/1000 = hit) 294 = clone
miss, 8 Energy

Duosion
Double Team (4 clones)
16 Energy

Psychic
RNG roll to crit; 502 = no crit
[9 BAP + 3 STAB + (6 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 18 Damage, 6 Energy

Psyshock
RNG roll to crit; 3 = crit
[8 BAP + 3 crit + 3 STAB + (6 SpA - 3 SpD)*1.5] = 18.5 (rounded to 19) Damage, 5 Energy

44 HP/56 HP/90 HP
80 Energy/74 Energy/100 Energy

Vs.

64 HP/90 HP/100 HP
84 Energy/100 Energy/73 Energy
--/--/2 clones

If you switch Greed out, he will keep the clones, if you're wondering. PM me orders, you two. Of course, if you notice anything out of whack, speak up.

Sorry I was so late with this. I'm pretty sure I passed DQ by a few hours, at least.

44 HP/56 HP/90 HP
80 Energy/74 Energy/100 Energy

Vs.

64 HP/90 HP/100 HP
84 Energy/100 Energy/73 Energy
--/--/2 clones

Alright, let's see how this rotation battle continues to shape up!! nEsp switches in his Riolu, Aura, as LightWolf keeps in his Duosion, Greed. It seems LightWolf outpredicted nEsp! Let's see how the trainers handle this development!!

nEsp realizes that his Riolu is likely to go down this round, and orders that Aura Endure for the coming round. Perhaps nEsp wasn't out predicted after all? Greed isn't phazed, and sets himself up one of the best ways he knows how; by twisting the dimensions into a Trick Room. This could prove interesting!

Greed, now the faster of the two, lashes out at Aura with his signiture Psychic blast, hitting Aura hard. Aura continues to follow his strict orders from nEsp, and strikes out at all the Greeds with an Earthquake, not only hitting all the clones, but hitting the real Greed! It seems LightWolf may have been the one outpredicted!

Greed is not happy that he's lost his clones, and lashes out at Aura once again, this time using his mental abilities to strike at Aura's physical defenses with Psyshock. Aura looks like he would have fallen over from that blast, but thanks his enduring stance, he is able to survive the hit and strike back at Greed with a Cross Chop.

Alright, now's a good a time as any to stop and check in on the pokemon;

Riolu
Endure
Becomes God incarnate, 15 Energy

Earthquake
RNG roll to crit; 894 = no crit

Cross Chop
RNG roll to hit; 511 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 842 = no crit
[10 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5]*2/3 resist = 10.67 (rounded to 11) Damage, 6 Energy

Duosion
Trick Room
9 Energy

Psychic
RNG roll to crit; 146 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 309 = no SpD drop
[9 BAP + 3 STAB + (6 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 27 Damage, 6 Energy

Psyshock
RNG roll to crit; 399 = no crit
[8 BAP + 3 STAB + (6 SpA - 2 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 25.5 (rounded to 26) Damage, 5 Energy

1 HP/56 HP/90 HP
52 Energy/74 Energy/100 Energy

Vs.

64 HP/90 HP/76 HP
84 Energy/100 Energy/53 Energy

Trick Room for 3 more Rounds.

Alright guys, you know the drill. PM me orders, and post anything you like in the meantime.

1 HP/56 HP/90 HP
52 Energy/74 Energy/100 Energy

Vs.

64 HP/90 HP/76 HP
84 Energy/100 Energy/53 Energy

Trick Room for 3 more Rounds.

Alright, let's get back to the action! LightWolf switches in Blitzkrieg, his Magneton, who has yet to enter the battle. nEsp rotates in Cottonee once more. Let's see who came prepared!

Blitzkrieg, unsure of how to handle the Cottonee, attempts to use its newfound speed (I guess?) to set up a Substitute, but Cottonee denies him a free one by quickly firing Leech Seed before it can get the sub up. Those Pranksters are tricky like that.

Cottonee continues to ignore the rules of Trick Room by moving first anyway by being as Charming as possible. Despite the fact that Blitzkrieg has no gender, it still appreciates Cottonee's fasion sense, and therefore agrees to lower his own attack by two stages. That's a pretty significant drop...Blitzkrieg shows Cottonee why such a thing hardly matters anyway by zapping her with a Thunderbolt. Ouch. That was rude, good sir.

Cottonee, having been in battle longer than Blitz, is concerned about taking more damage, so he creates two clones of himself using Double Team. Blitz hopes to catch the real one with Flash Cannon, but it hits one of the clones.

Alright, let's see how everything is going;

Cottonee
Leech Seed
RNG roll to hit; 397 = hit
9 Energy

+3 HP, Leech Seed

Charm
6 Energy

+3 HP, Leech Seed

Double Team (2 Clones)
8 Energy

+3 HP, Leech Seed

Magneton
Substitute 25 HP
24 Energy

-3 HP, Leech Seed

Thunderbolt
RNG roll to crit; 841 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 117 = no paralysis
[10 BAP + 3 STAB + (6 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5]*2/3 resist = 12.67 (rounded to 13) Damage, 6 Energy

-3 HP, Leech Seed

Flash Cannon
RNG roll to hit; 372 = clone
5 Energy

-3 HP, Leech Seed

1 HP/52 HP/90 HP
52 Energy/51 Energy/100 Energy
--/1 clone/--

Vs.

64 HP/81 HP/76 HP
84 Energy/65 Energy/53 Energy
--/25 HP sub, Leech Seed (3 actions)/--
--/-1 Atk/--

Trick Room for 2 more Rounds.

Well, trainers, how was that round for you? Did everything/anything go as you hoped?

LightWolf pointed out that Charm should have failed through the Sub. It doesn't change anything that's happened so far, though. I also noticed I forgot to remove Substitute's HP from Blitz.

1 HP/52 HP/90 HP
52 Energy/51 Energy/100 Energy
--/1 clone/--

Vs.

64 HP/56 HP/76 HP
84 Energy/65 Energy/53 Energy
--/25 HP sub, Leech Seed (3 actions)/--

Trick Room for 2 more Rounds.

Alright, let's let this match continue!! LightWolf keeps in his Magneton, Blitzkrieg, as nEsp rotates in Pyripnon the Charmander. With this move, every pokemon has entered the battle! Let's see how this development changes things;

Blitzkrieg, safely behind its sub, and faster thanks to Trick Room, takes its time to focus on Pyripnon, Locking On to him, ready to strike with deadly accuracy. Pyripnon lashes out at Blitz with a Flare Blitz, but the substitute survives. It looks like Pyrip might be hurt worse than Blitz! The Leech Seeds continue to sap Blitz's health, although this time they restore Pyrip's lost health.

Blitz, enjoying some nice perks, fires off a perfectly-accurate Zap Cannon, which causes some nasty paralysis for Pyrip. He doesn't seem to mind, though, as he finally breaks the substitute with another Flare Blitz. The Leech Seeds aren't recovering the health he's losing to recoil...

Blitz, still the faster, fires off a quick Thunderbolt at Pyrip, who is quickly losing a lot of health. He is able to overcome the paralysis once again, although maybe it would have been best if he didn't, and slams into Blitz with yet another Flare Blitz.

Alright, before anyone gets hurt too badly, let's look at what just happened;

Charmander
Flare Blitz
RNG roll to crit; 540 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 45 = burn, blocked by sub
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + (3 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 22.5 (rounded to 23) Damage, 7 Energy
[23/3] = 7.67 (rounded to 8) Damage recoil

+3 HP, Leech Seed

Flare Blitz
RNG roll for paralysis; 631 = success
RNG roll to crit; 269 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 895 = no burn
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + (3 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 22.5 (rounded to 23) Damage, 11 Energy

+3 HP, Leech Seed

Flare Blitz
RNG roll for paralysis; 450 = success
RNG roll to crit; 261 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 198 = no burn
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + (3 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 22.5 (rounded to 23) Damage, 15 Energy

+3 HP, Leech Seed

Magneton
Lock On
6 Energy

-3 HP, Leech Seed

Zap Cannon
RNG roll to crit; 870 = no crit
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + (6 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 21 Damage, 8 Energy

-3 HP, Leech Seed

Thunderbolt
RNG roll to crit; 893 = no crit
[10 BAP + 3 STAB + (6 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 19 Damage, 6 Energy

-3 HP, Leech Seed

1 HP/52 HP/35 HP
52 Energy/51 Energy/67 Energy
--/1 clone/--

Vs.

64 HP/24 HP/76 HP
84 Energy/45 Energy/53 Energy

Trick Room for 1 more Round

Wow, things are really picking up! Alright boys, review/PM me/comment/etc.

I believe that was the first round to go moderately well for me, at least. Now let's see how the next round turns out to be...

Actually, I don't really know what else to say here in the thread. The match so far is great, even though I'm at a slight disadvantage right now. (Guess you can call it slight?)

EDIT: Nevermind that about going well. I'm just slow right now, and mixed up some numbers. But I cannot really say that the round was THAT bad for me either.

1 HP/52 HP/35 HP
52 Energy/51 Energy/67 Energy
--/1 clone/--

Vs.

64 HP/24 HP/76 HP
84 Energy/45 Energy/53 Energy

Trick Room for 1 more Round

Cottonee stayed in for nEsp, LightWolf switched in Jinbe the Gible.

Cottonee continues to ignore the rules of Trick Room, as he looks for his opponent and Taunts him, by saying things I can't repeat in public. Jinbe doesn't really care right now, as he Rock Slides both of the Cottonees, hitting the real one and destroying the clone! Clever thinking! Cottonee, expecting more physical attacks, protects himself with a Cotton Guard. Even though his opponent is now surrounded by wool, Jinbe attacks anyway, trapping Cottonee from moving by surrounding him with a Sand Tomb. Jinbe readies another attack while keeping Cottonee trapped. He begins to start an Earthquake, but Cottonee forsees the attack and Protects himself from the major damage, but he's unable to prevent the Sand Tomb from knicking away at his health.

Cottonee
Taunt
10 Energy

Cotton Guard
10 Energy

-2 HP, Sand Tomb

Protect
10 Energy

-2 HP, Sand Tomb

Gible
Rock Slide
RNG roll to hit; 748 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 925 = no crit
[6 BAP + (4 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5] = 7.5 (rounded to 8) Damage, 6 Energy

Sand Tomb
RNG roll to hit; 589 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 210 = no crit
[4 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5] - (3.0 Def boost)*1.75 = 2.25 (rounded to 2) Damage, 3 Energy

Earthquake
RNG roll to crit; 307 = no crit
[10 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5] - (3.0 Def boost)*1.75 = 9.25 (rounded to 9) Damage, 6 Energy

1 HP/38 HP/35 HP
52 Energy/21 Energy/67 Energy
--/Sand Tomb (2 Actions)/--
--/+2 Def/--

Vs.

64 HP/24 HP/76 HP
69 Energy/45 Energy/53 Energy
Taunted (3 actions)/--/--

For Sand Tomb, that's where it gets a little tricky. Basically, if Gible is in next time Cottonee is, Sand Tomb will continue. Otherwise, it will end.

1 HP/38 HP/35 HP
52 Energy/21 Energy/67 Energy
--/Sand Tomb (2 Actions)/--
--/+2 Def/--

Vs.

64 HP/24 HP/76 HP
69 Energy/45 Energy/53 Energy
Taunted (3 actions)/--/--

For I believe the first time in the match, neither participant switched out! The match will continue to be Jinbe Vs. Cottonee! Did you anticipate that, trainers? Let's find out!

Cottonee starts off by Taunting Jinbe, but he's already taunted, the move fails! Jinbe responds by Clawing at Cottonee with his Dragonic hand thingys.

Cottonee goes on the offensive for the first time this match, and fires a Mega Drain at Jinbe. And boy, did he pick the right moment to strike, he scored a critical hit! Jinbe retaliates at Cottonee by shaking the enitre arena with an Earthquake! Powerful stuff this round!

Cottonee has apparently become sick of battling, and has bummed out. He brings Jinbe down with him by leaving Jinbe his final Memento before jumping off the edge of existance, KO'ing himself. I think the message got through, and it looks like Jinbe's offense won't be quite so potent moving forward!

After recent developments, let's stop for a second and review;

Cottonee
Taunt
failed, 10 Energy

-2 HP, Sand Tomb

Mega Drain
RNG roll to crit; 50 = crit
[6 BAP + 3 STAB + 3 crit + (2 SpA - 2 Def)*1.5] = 12 Damage, 6 HP, 8 Energy

-2 HP, Sand Tomb

Memento

Gible
Dragon Claw
RNG roll to crit; 232 = no crit
[8 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5] - (2.0 Def boost)*1.75 = 9 Damage, 5 Energy

Earthquake
RNG roll to crit; 448 = no crit
[10 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5] - (2.0 Def boost)*1.75 = 11 Damage, 6 Energy

1 HP/0 HP/35 HP
52 Energy/0 Energy/67 Energy
--/KO'ed/--

Vs.

52 HP/24 HP/76 HP
58 Energy/45 Energy/53 Energy
Taunted (1 action)/--/--
-2 Atk, SpA/--/--

Well, that certainly was interesting. I never expected such results when I agreed to take this match...

LightWolf, nEsp: 2 TC
All: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Gible: 1 KOC

1 HP/35 HP
52 Energy/67 Energy

Vs.

52 HP/24 HP/76 HP
58 Energy/45 Energy/53 Energy
Taunted (1 action)/--/--
-2 Atk, SpA/--/--

no flavor today. nEsp switched in Aura, LightWolf switched in Greed.

Riolu
Reversal+Reversal Combo
20*2.25 = 45 BAP
(13 + 17)*2 = 60 Energy
[45 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5]*2/3 resist = 34 Damage, 60 Energy

Duosion
Trick Room
9 Energy

0 HP/35 HP
0 Energy/67 Energy

Vs.

52 HP/24 HP/42 HP
58 Energy/45 Energy/44 Energy
Taunted (1 action)/--/--
-2 Atk, SpA/--/--

Trick Room in effect for 3 more rounds

LightWolf, nEsp: 2 TC
All: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Gible: 1 KOC
Duosion: 1 KOC

35 HP
67 Energy

Vs.

52 HP/24 HP/42 HP
58 Energy/45 Energy/44 Energy
Taunted (1 action)/--/--
-2 Atk, SpA/--/--

Trick Room in effect for 3 more rounds

nEsp switches in his last remaining pokemon, Pyripnon. LightWolf keeps in Greed. Is he getting Greedy? Let's find out, before I make any more terrible puns.

Greed, faster thanks to Trick Room, puts a severe time limit on Pyripnon's stay in this match by poisoning him with Toxic. That just seems harsh, man. Pyripnon responds with the only move he's done all match, Flare Blitz. Does he have a Choice item I don't know about? The recoil and the poison have activated Blaze, so Greed needs to be more careful!

Greed goes on the offensive, seeing that Pyrip is near the end, and blasts him with Psychic. But thanks to the new changes to Psychic, it does less than it used to. Pyripnon, still hanging on, retaliates with...go ahead, guess. That's right, Flare Blitz!! Although, Greed isn't looking to be in good health, either...

Greed sees the end, and he focuses on ending the battle with one final Psychic, which is enough to bring an end to the poor Charmander Pyripnon has been KO'ed!...that means nEsp is out of pokemon, LightWolf wins!!

Charmander
Flare Blitz
RNG roll to crit; 381 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 229 = no burn
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + (3 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 16.5 (rounded to 17) Damage, 5.67 (rounded to 6) recoil, 7 Energy

-1 HP, Toxic

Blaze activated

Flare Blitz
RNG roll to crit; 621 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 209 = no burn
[14 BAP + 3 STAB + (3 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 18.5 (rounded to 19) Damage, 6.33 (rounded to 6) recoil, 11 Energy

-1 HP, toxic

Duosion
Toxic
RNG roll to hit; 651 = hit
7 Energy

Psychic
RNG roll to crit; 323 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 834 = no SpD drop
[6 BAP + 3 STAB + 1 weight class + (6 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 16 Damage, 4 + 1/2 = 4.5 (rounded to 5) Energy

Psychic
RNG roll to crit; 509 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 771 = no SpD drop
[6 BAP + 3 STAB + 1 weight class + (6 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 16 Damage, 8 + 1/2 = 8.5 (rounded to 9) Energy

0 HP
0 Energy
KO'ed

Vs.

52 HP/24 HP/8 HP
58 Energy/45 Energy/23 Energy
Taunted (1 action)/--/--
-2 Atk, SpA/--/--

Prizes time!
LightWolf: 2 TC
Gible: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC
Duosion: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 2 KOC
Magneton: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC

nEsp: 2 TC
Charmander: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Riolu: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Cottonee: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC

rickheg: 6 RC

GG both, and thanks for playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)