Force Your Way Through

Hello Smogon people. After creating a creating a successful spike abuse team, I decided to abuse 5th Gen's powerful metagame. Luckily, its NOT sandstorm, as that shit is overused and every player checks it in their teams. So I figured, hey if you can't kill it, force your way through, muscle through, overrun the enemy! Well, here's my creation: Force your Way Through Please note that my server has banned rain and Thundurus so don't bother mentioning it.

PLEASE READ THIS ITS IMPORTANT TO HOW MY TEAM WORKS
Ok, so if you read my last team, I looked really deep into the metagame to make my team. Instead of writing a massive essay, look at this:
http://stats.pokemon-online.eu/Wifi OU/index.html
Its the PO statistics for OU. Another thing, the fighting type is one of the best types to use in OU. It holds true in 4th gen too (look at Infernape, he still is awesome). So I looked... and looked. I found the perfect poke to center my team around: Terrakion. The appropriate STAB move completely obliterates all top 20 pokes in the statistics above. Also, if you know the common core pokes:

you'll see that the appropriate STAB move creates OHKOs and 2HKOs. True story? OH HELL YES IT IS.

-------------------------------------------------------------

First off is my team's star: CB Terrakion. I swear, he's like mence and ape combined. A great dual STAB combination, few reliable switches, and a complete monster when used. As a plus, since people are accustomed to Double Dance Terrakion, they'll switch in their counter/check only to be OHKOd or 2HKOd. Literally anything I've seen is dented hard.

Alrighty, even though CB Terrakion is super special awesome, he'll never go uber. Why? Because Starmie checks him well, and another prominent wall is there: Gliscor. In addition to Gliscor, the only other real counter is Gyarados. Nothing else I know of can reliably switch in without taking massive damage. So what beats both? An OU standard: Rotom-W!

Now, I've tweaked Rotom-W's EVs to better combat threats, but still, I need a good wall to take hits from powerful shit like CB Haxorus, CB nite, and other hard hitters. Say hai so Gliscor, another OU standard. He's high in usage, and he's earned his place there and on my team.

Alright, so let's get some hazards. However, I'm not talking about spikes and toxic spikes. Good old Stealth Rock is really all I need. Why? Because CB Terrakion is THAT powerful. Heatran comes in as my sr set up, Volcorona check, and can scare any ferrothorn away.

Well, I forgot a revenge killer. I didn't know many, so I just opted for the standard CB Scizor. He's good at scouting, and pursuits any annoying dragons. He also helps check powerful threats like Landy, other opposing Terrakion, and the standard OU pokes.

Well, I wasn't sure what to do. Since I lacked a powerful special attacker, I just randomly chose Specs Latios. Using another uncommon set, I haven't been disapointed yet.

Force Your Way Through

Roundabout (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
My lead. He is here to destroy any opposing Gliscor and Gyarados - the only real counters to a CB Terrakion. In addition, he's there to lures in the grass type on my opponents team. If my prediction is right, Hetran leads my team first and sends the grass type running away. I didn't realize it until later, but since Latios and Terrakion don't like getting hit, I opted for Volt Switch. This electric U-turn allows my to keep momentum and bring in my heavy hitters early, mid, and late game. His EVs maybe be weird, but he now serves as a secondary check to sand teams. So far, its been pretty good.

Jupiter King (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 180 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
Man, the Jupitar King always fucks me over. No matter how much I play on my friends Xbox, I can't beat him without losing credits. He's the biggest pain in the ass, and I usually HAVE to force my way through him. I'm reminded, in so many ways, about both the poke and the boss. As for Gliscor, I feel I don't have to explain him, but I will. Its simple. Bring in Gliscor against sand teams, powerful attackers, or weak moves and tank. Swords Dance allows him to do mini sweeps. Currently, I'm considering Facade since I don't predict with eq, and second, it breaks balloons in a more reliable fashion. Also, prior to importing this from PO, I didn't realize that he had 84 SpD. I've since changed it to spe, but never noticed it. Lol

Metal Rear (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
The Metal Rear. Big, bad, badass and very similar in appearance and intimidation. I wish that huge tank had a better name though. It sounds so off in many ways. Regardless, I mentioned earlier that the fighting type was a great type in the current metagame. Fire is also another good one (lol that's ape again). however, its not as good as it once was. tran is here to threaten any ferro and rachi that most teams have. The moveset is pretty self explanatory save for Toxic I guess. Since tran is a magnet for bulky waters, I like to toxic them on the switch. If I didn't predict, well then they're burned. I've tried protect, but I'm not really sure of it; it doesn't help much.

Ferdinand (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
Wow, Ferdinand the Bull. Sure the nickname isn't the most badass thing ever, but I'll tell you now. Don't underestimate Ferdinand. He kicks so much ass, you'll be more inclined to let him smell the flowers. Instead of talking about how awesome he is, I'll just show you calcs.
CB CC vs 252 / 252 Skarm 49.7% - 58.68%
CB CC vs 252 / 252 Forry 46.89% - 55.37%
CB Miss Edge vs 252 /244 Gliscor 44.92% - 52.82%
CB Stone Edge vs 252 / 224 Jellicent 55.94% - 66.09%
In Gen 5's fast paced metagame, I know, and you know, that the walls oh this gen will not be at absolutely 100% whenever they come in. Therefore, I can tell you now that CB Terrakion is not to be taken lightly. Skarm and forry have be 2HKOd by me. Gliscor and Jellicent take Stone Edges, but Rotom can also beat them. Rocks are very crucial to me. They make KO's easier and less of a coin flip. Ok, so now the set itself. I never use EQ, which I suppose only hits rachi hard. Quick Attack is there in case Scizor is down or something. I sometimes forget to, but he and Latios are my Volt Switch/U-turn recipients. They work well in tandem to dent and kill everything.

002 (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Trick
The awesomeness that is the Jet. I swear, somebody better recognize the reference because 002 is much better than J.J. the Jet Plane any day of the week. The set might take a little explaining. My dragon moves own Jellicent. Thunderbolt owns Jellicent and makes it cry. Since owning is enough for me, I drop the coverage. With tran rising as a SpD wall, I've opted for Surf over tbolt for better coverage. Draco Meteor is the instant kill move for just about anything that isn't rachi, ferrothorn, or tran. Dragon Pulse allows me to sweep mid or late game. Surf is to catch unsuspecting trans on the switch. Gliscor handles rachi and ferro. Trick? Well, I've never used it. I just try to keep momentum in my favore, but if needed, I will trick those spD rachis. He's my main Volt Switch/U-turn recipient, and if there is no special wall alive, I'll spam Dragon Pulse. Why? Well, like terrakion, Dragon Pulse 2HKOs just about everything not dedicated to tanking his hits. Therefore, if I hit something on the switch, I'll kill it next turn and put more pressure on my opponent. Sure, Draco Meteor is fun to spam for hit and run, but I like my pressure better.

Red Ranger (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower
Sorry, but I never watched Power Rangers as a kid. Also, my picture sucks. Still, the nickname stuck well, and its a staple, kind of like how Excadrill is on every sand team. The set pretty standard. I really shouldn't run 16 spe since Gliscor and Rotom-W beat any Scizor, but hey, I like my speed creeps. Bullet Punch revenges weakened and frail threats. Pursuit is for the Lati twins. U-turn scouts, and Superpower never gets a chance to be used.

Weaknesses

Gengar is a bit of a threat. He sets up easily against Terrakion is I don't predict, speed ties with my fastest member, and can disable Scizor if need be. Since I don't use Jirachi as my special wall, I have trouble using the Iron Head / Protect combo to beat any set.

Smart Latios players can run circles around me. All they have to do is coming in on Gliscor, and spin my brain on whether they will use Surf or Draco Meteor. If I mispredict, I could lose either Rotom or tran. Either lose is a huge pain in the ass. If I can, I'll bring in Scizor after on of the said pokes dies, and pursuit him.

Conclusion
Well, this team is offensive, and it plays on my strengths. If you like it, please rate it! I love it so much and its given me many ladder points. For now, I'll peace out. See you guys next time!

Change Scizor's spread to 252hp/16atk/240def. This way, it can switch into LO Latios Draco Metoer, and revenge just about any varient with Pursuit as they flee because of the -2 Satk they got from D-Meteor. It also can beat on Gengar, weakening it for something else or Killing it with Pursuit. Solid Team, good luck.

That set has the exact defensive investment as my Scizor - 252 HP evs. You just made him weaker and bulkier. Also, SubDisable Gengar still beats that Scizor. All they have to do is sub on my switch to Scizor, disable to Bullet Punch / Pursuit and sub again when I am forced to switch. I only win if Gengar comes in on Scizor (but that's very unlikely) or if we double switch.

If your having troubles with Latios and Gengar then why not replace your Heatran with this guy:

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Flamethrower
- Pursuit
This guy sets up the rocks, just like Tran did, this guy can take special hits, better than Tran can and he can handle both Latios and Gengar with Pursuit because I doubt either one of them would want to stay in on a Tyranitar. As an added bonus he gives your Terrakion a 1.5x boost to his SpD!

Problem is, you've focused making your team to beat the common defensive cores of the metagame. However, this makes your team weak to most offensive threats. Thundurus can easily sweep your team with Nasty Plot. Latios is your only answer to this problem. Latios takes 117.88% - 139.07% from a Hidden Power Ice after a Nasty Plot, a 100% OHKO. While without Life Orb, it takes 90.73% - 107.28%, a 100% OHKO after Stealth Rock damage (and since you have no spinner, it is very likely you're going to get swept with SR up). Giving Choice Scarf to Terrakion will not only relieve the Thundurus problem, but it will also give you a good option to other fast sweeper threats that tarnish your team, such as Dragon Drance users like Dragonite, Haxorus, and Salamence. Not only that, a Shell Smash Cloyster just easily sweep your team, but with Choice Scarf on Terrakion, you are able to outspeed an Adamant max Speed Cloyster after it uses Shell Smash.

You might also want to consider having Hidden Power Fire over Dragon Pulse for your Latios. Hidden Power Fire is very useful for common switch-ins like Scizor or Ferrothorn. You could even consider going with Hidden Power Fighting to beat common Tyranitar switch-ins. The reason why Dragon Pulse isn't so significant is because two consecutive Draco Meteors do more damage than two consecutive Dragon Pulses. (140 x 1.5 + 70 x 1.5) > (90 x 1.5 x 2) = 315 base power > 270 base power. So you can see the significant power difference.

Good luck!

Interesting idea, I've never used Chopletar before. I'm still trying not to use weather, regardless of whether its for abuse or countering threats. I will look it into it.
Any and every Latios that isn't carrying HP fire is beaten by Ferrothorn. That's why I have tran. he takes the leech seed/Gyro Ball and threatens ferro out with his STAB fire attacks
Thanks for the rate! I forgot to mention that thundy is banned in my server, I've put it in now. I also forgot all about pursuit ttar. Generally, I try to lead with Scizor or Terrakion against lead tars. With Scarf Ttar coming back, its usually Scizor that leads the game. I also won't use Latios if I see a ttar, I'll just pivot back and forth to lure him in. I totally forgot about Cloyster. Luckily, he's rare nowadays because SpD rachi beats him, but my main game plan is to use Scizor and Bullet Punch twice for the kill. Terrakion's Quick Attack also can finish off Cloyster if I only pull off one Bullet Punch.

I like your HP fire idea, but I never predict ferro coming in. If he does, I just go straight to tran. As for Dragon Pulse, I will keep it, but try HP Fire, because I don't hit and run mid to late game. I keep Latios in for about 4-5 turns spamming
Dragon Pulse.

Wish Calm Mind Jirachi would make a great fit for this team. It counters your two biggest threats (Gengar / Latios) but the real draw is its ability to lure and take out Gliscor who expect the specially defensive set, letting Terrakion run wild. Rachi also has good synergy with Latios; when your opponent sees you use CM, they assume Tyranitar is a good switch, only to get 2HKO'd by Flash Cannon. This'll pave the way for an easy Latios sweep. Rachi+Latios also have great synergy, meaning you can easily pass a Wish, extend Lati's longevity, and get several more opportunities to nuke something with Draco Meteor.

As for who to replace, I think it would be Scizor. It's not doing much for you outside of checking Terrakion / Reuniclus [you've got Gliscor, who is the best counter in the game to the former, while Jirachi hard counters the latter, and has the benefits mentioned above; it also keeps Scizor's steel typing, meaning your synergy remains mostly the same].

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Bold | EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 12 SpA / 68 Spe
Wish | Calm Mind | Flash Cannon | Thunderbolt

As for some minor changes, I definitely agree with Eternal that Thundurus is a huge problem, but I don't think Terrakion should get the Scarf, since the whole point of the team is to abuse his ridiculous strength with Choice Band. Shifting Rotom-W over to a Scarf set is the ideal solution - its defensive capabilities aren't needed, since Gliscor is all the defensive backbone an offensive team like this needs. Lastly, try Protect > Roar on Tran. The phazing isn't necessary since your only hazard is SR, and Protect scouts choice users while racking up Lefties recovery / Toxic damage.

Solid team, good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)