How wrong is it to not date/marry someone because of their race/color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
not really imo. im currently dating a mixed girl white/mexican looking more white, but it wouldn't matter to me if both her parents were white.

im mexican but i dont like the brown skin tone mexican girls. its just a personal preference, I like light skin complected mexican girls or white girls. my father is a brownish color to black almost with curly hair and my mother is light skinned with green eyes, so i say that skin color doesn't matter.

most mixed couple i see are white with a mexican

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i still just want to know why it's almost always:

black dude, white woman
white man, asian woman

please dont be the retard who tries to claim that the majority of interracial relationships in america don't follow this pattern.

because of black men are a lot more attractive (IN GENERAL) than black women and asian women are a lot more attractive (IN GENERAL) than asian men. And I mean that in the nicest and least offensive way possible.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Will never date a black person. Its not the physical characteristics so much as it is the personality ones that can be applied to every member of that race. Its just not for me. Indian girls are unlikely as I dont find most of the physically or emotionally attractive, asians i've had crushes on but no further, Arabs...that's tough as I'm rather infatuated by one right now, this is probably the race that's most case by case basis except white which is a given as I am also white.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm not stupid enough to limit myself to one colour.

Black ones, white ones, tall ones, short ones, crazy ones.

Spill the wine, dig that girl.

Will never date a white person. It's not the physical characteristics so much as it's every single white person having this personality characteristic where they fit other people into stereotypical roles and personalities based on their preconceived notion of what members of the race are.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i still just want to know why it's almost always:

black dude, white woman
white man, asian woman

please dont be the retard who tries to claim that the majority of interracial relationships in america don't follow this pattern.
Not going to lie, if I got to pick a interracial spouse, I'd pick an asian (positive personality/chemistry/body assuming).

Personality goes a long way, but race does play into the equation, just as physical appearance does.

In the case of marriage especially, cultural backgrounds and cultural heritages, as well as religious ones play BIG roles in two people's compatibility-- and even bigger roles in their ability to make a good household together. Especially for people who feel strongly about their cultural or religious associated beliefs, choosing a person with starkly different or opposing beliefs is probably not a good idea.
Yeah, I definitely tried to touch on this aspect in my post. But y'know, even in that situation there are always exceptions!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Racial features can factor into whether you are attracted or not, but it would be kind of silly to reject someone *solely* on race. Then again, certain cultures don't like interracial marriage that much...
This is a good lock message. Let's use this. We're in 2011 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)