Problematic (Current #1 PO)

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
Sup I'm [IMP]Problems, Its been a while since I've posted a RMT this is my first post on Smogon so there's probably going to be a couple of mistakes as I've tried as well as I can explaining things and haven't really bothered to read this through.

Ever since the Lati and Ho-oh release the meta for UBERS has completely changed, making most of my old teams not as viable as before as certain stuff couldn't deal with the big threats.. So after a bit of thinking I threw these things together which were based around my favorite play style at the moment which is rain stall and this is how it all turned out.

I'm pretty much finished laddering with this team for now so I thought that I would share it with you guys as I've built a new team ready for Genesect release. After playing this team about I've reached #1 a couple of times and have currently a few accounts on page 1 on the PO BETA server..

(19:55:19) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/12073 [1535 points / 126 battles]! - Loads of battles due to bs on the ladder but all in all pretty happy with it

Anyway..

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Obviously Kyorge for the rain, but primarily I chose this set as I liked the idea of it being able to switch into groundon and take random attacks from it and just rest off and shuffle stuff around when I've got hazards up, also its a good why to check physical Arceus sometimes with scald being able to burn. The E.Vs are pretty self explanatory for the set being a physical wall but the minus speed nature is to ensure I get my weather up first against sun teams, this nearly always forces them to switch out as they don't want to take a rain boosted scald and lose the war first turn. Its always good having a bulky physical pokemon on your team and yeah takes the role really well in my opinion the only thing which can basically ko this set without boosts is a stabbed Bolt Strike from Zekrom. Having rest talk on the set always helps its survivablity and deal with the average ho-oh set to an extent with abit of luck.

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Oh hey look its a E-Killer Arceus! Well I was playing around of what form I wanted and I noticed I needed a more reliable sort of priority to take down faster pokes, so I just turned to the best poke for the job.. You all know the set its pretty self explanetory and yeh. The E.Vs are to ensure I outspeed things like Lati and Adament/Modest Arceus. Combined with Giratina it pretty much ensures death to stuff like Lati and Mewtwo.. I try and keep it around for late game and tent not to bring it in till I know I can sweep or so I need to revenge something

Giratina (Giratina-O) @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak
- Stone Edge

Playing rain stall you need a spin blocker obviously and In my opinion Giratinas possibly the best Ghost about the moment if you've not opted for ghost form arceus, I opted for the more offensive type of Giratina as It kinda fits my play style more.. The move set looks fairly uncommon compared to the majority of sets flying around at the moment but I picked it so that it could fit the meta game with ease and dish out a certain amount of surprises. Dtail obviously for offensive pressure phazing to abuse hazards or stopping pokemon setting up. Earthquake to help me deal with Pokemon like Tenta which try and wear this thing down with scalds and such as people think this normally can't touch them well at all, also it helps me deal with Excadrill which is a massive threat to this team. Shadow Sneak obviously for some type of priority and helps deal with Mewtwo and keep it at bay so i could revenge kill with Arceus. Lastly, Stone Edge.. You won't see this about very much at all I like to think I started the whole trend with this on a Giratina, I put it on for one reason only.. Ho-oh, things such a bit threat to this team as it is most teams with the speed E.Vs I've given Giratina it outspeeds the majority of the ho-oh sets about and surprises people by easily koing ho-ohs.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Pretty much the standard set up spikes set, needed something for spikes and taking Dragon spam and Thunder hits, I've used Gyro over TW for a while now and has worked better but this is the original copy of the team as it helps me deal with Lati better. Leech seed always helps pokes gain HP and is often useful, I'm sure as you all know. Standard set is standard, always great to have on a rain team as its not automatically smashed by fire moves. Problem is it has to automatically deal with the majority of Dragon hits and can't always take constant dragon spam

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Scald

Standard tent set but E'Vs I made for me to be able to deal with Palkia with abit more EZ in combined with ferro and the defensive E'Vs to take d-tails and d-claws more nicely, never used to like using Tent but now I struggle to make an Ubers rain team without it to be fair. It's always so nice to get toxic spikes out of the way by just simply switching this thing in, also scouting for choiced mons with protect is always useful also by toxic stalling is needed.

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Right this things a fucking boss, I after how its been its now easily my favorite pokemon. Not to standard EVs as most are leads are more bulky but there a good reason.. Right this things single handedly shut down MANY smashpass teams due to its lumb, smeargles coming straight in and thinking they can pass on, also takes care of the majority of lead Darkaris. The movesets kinda common but not really, standard draco, SR.. Fire Blast on a rain team is still essential if you have a ferro problem, normally i don't bring in orge till I need to bring in Tent or something so Its normally fine, even in rain it does around 70% tend to bluff I don't have fire blast aswell when ferro comes in I often always manage to set up free SRs on the protect so they assume I don't have the Fire Blast. Right last move seems a little unotherdox due to being a minus attack nature and when I already have a powerful stab.. But really the amount of times people have bought in Ceus ES when I've been on -2 from Draco is silly, just to get phazed out whilst setting up a SD.. Also just to keep offensive momentum up when phasing out the right switches to keep up entry hazard pressure, yeah d-tail was suggested by Donkey, Thunder used to be in the space. This things such a big threat, hits so hard.

To pretty much sum up this team its pretty solid but it does have a couple of weaknesses;

- Well played ho-ohs
- Sub CM/SD Arceus if I've played terribly around them
- Dragon Spam
- Arceus Steel

Importable
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Giratina (Giratina-O) @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Scald

Dialga @ Lum Berry
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

I'll post a proper threat list when I get the time..

Its really just a standard Rain team with some minor changes to help out in certain situations, but it really gets the job done.. Pretty straight forward to use and understand. This is my third RMT so I hope i've not made to many mistakes. Just pm me on PO server or comment on this post if you've any questions or problems, regards.

P.S. Sorry for the retarded massive pictures and my poor effort at trying to make this RMT presentable I'm terrible on forums..

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi Problems, nice team you got there. I love RestTalk Kyogre with Roar, props for using it. Also i like that more people start realizing how good D-tail, and phazing in general is (i run an offensive team, and i have 3 phazers), as it's one of the most reliable ways of checking any Arceus.

Non-choiced Palkia with Fire Blast and Thunder seems very problematic, as it can 2hko your entire team, while getting free switches on Kyogre's Scald and on Tentacruel's Scald, or simply after something dies. You can handle it though, if you don't give it many switch-in opportunities, and if you manage to set-up hazards up asap (especially T-Spikes), as a bit of phazing will do the job, as Kyogre can stomach one Thunder if the need arises, losing ~58% on average, and phaze. If all else fails you have two priority users to take care of it. Just something to be care full of.

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
@alexwolf

Thanks Alex, yeah Palkias pretty much a threat but I normally find a way around it.. I have to grasp the players skill level first at what they are going to predict and I normally try and get t-spikes up as soon as possible as I normally have to try and wear it down.

I like this team. It's very similar to a rain stall team I used to get to 12th on the DW Ubers ladder about a year and a half ago - it also used the Kyogre/Tentacruel/Ferro/G-O core.

Kyogre looks okay but I have to ask how it does against Grass-Arceus and Shaymin-S. It seems like its relative lack of special bulk causes problems for it against these two since it will be easily 2HKO'd by either of them. This is a big problem if they come in on it when it needs to Rest or has just generally been weakened for any reason. Then again, I guess it would be a problem no matter what so idk.

Giratina-O seems like it's crying out for Substitute since the only thing it can do to threaten Forry and Ferro is DTail it away which will let them potentially do something that can really hurt it (Toxic, TWave, Leech Seed, Pain Split, etc.), but as you've said, your team is so Ho-Oh weak that you can't afford to cut Stone Edge, you obviously can't cut DTail and Shadow Sneak, and cutting Earthquake also seems unwise. Barring Substitute, the only recommendation I could give would be to run a mixed set with HP Fire over Earthquake, but that just seems janky.

This is mostly my personal opinion, but I don't really see a need for Ferrothorn to run Power Whip and Gyro Ball. You say Latis are a problem, but with priority attackers like Giratina and Arceus to kill them outright before they have a chance to do anything relevant, I really don't see how they are. IMO, Gyro Ball should go to another move like Protect, a status move, or even Stealth Rock since SR+Spikes is now compatible on Ferro. And I have to ask for completeness sake - if you are going to run Gyro Ball, why aren't you running a -Spe nature?

Tentacruel looks solid. I could recommend running max SpD and Mirror Coat like I did to counteract Palkia and choice Kyogre, but it's probably too gimmicky to be useful.

Dialga is good, but have you considered Roar over Dragon Tail? It seems like a lot of pokemon that run substitute are things that you would be weak to (Ho-Oh, Giratina-O, Sub seed Shaymin-S, sub CM Arceus). Taunt is a concern, but anything that can Taunt you would be something you hit with Meteor or Fire Blast straight away anyway. This is just something to test.

In addition to the problems you mentioned, your team also seems weak to Lugia. How do you typically fare against this pain in the ass? Bulk Up/DTail Dialga also seems like a problem for this team since once it boosts it can rest off pretty much anything you can do to it. More generally, the team just seems to have big problems against steel types, which means that Lum SD Scizor is also a potential threat (although Dialga goes a long way towards checking him).

Nice team overall though.

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
@Gates
Well I tend not to keep Kyorge in on Shaymin and Ceus Grass, I normally play and keep stay alive depending on the opponents team which I judge turn one. I've tried the sub Giratina actually I liked it but I don't like using without wish support as it doesn't get any other type of recovery for the set. Two stabs on Ferro are for Skaymin which sub seeds need Gyro to break and deal with it to an extent and also Rayquaza I tend to sack ferro on predicted DD and stay in and gyro. My Dialga set I probably wouldn't change to be fair I need to break sashes and yeah, If I lead with Dialga I tent to just hit something with Draco first turn as people majority of the time turn or rocks so I can take a huge chunk off something. Yeah Lugias pretty annoying I left that one out, If I keep spinner alive which I normally do I'll just spin hazards and switch between ferro and kyorge so nothing gets toxic/twaved. Also Bulk up Dialga i've not actually faced with this team, I completely forgot about it yeah would be a big problem. Thanks very much for your comment its made me consider a few things!

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Problems, good job on getting #1, though they are two thing I wonder about.

For Diagla, do you really need a Lum Berry? You already have Kyorge to absorb status(such as Sleep from Darkrai, Paralysis, and others) so why not try Leftovers instead, as this will allow Diagla to last longer. Also, on Giratina-O, have you considered using Will-O-Wisp > Stone Edge. I know you use it get rid of Ho-Oh, but I'll get back to that later! With Will-O-Wisp, you can cripple Pokemon such as Groundon with Dragon Claw, Terrakion, and SD Arceus, which can be a threat to your team if you don't phaze it out. Also, a spread of 208 HP / 108 Atk / 188 Def / 8 Spd will help much better, as you gain enough bulk to shrug of SD Arceus's Shadow Claw, allowing to phaze it out if Dialga can't do it.

From there, I also wonder about something else. Do you really need a spinner? You don't have any Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock, 3 Pokemon are immune to Toxic Spikes, while Kyorge can just use Rest to shrug it off. As such, if you need something to revenge kill Ho-Oh / other Dragons such as Kyurem-White or Rayquaza, Choice Scarf Palkia > Tenta works wonders here, as it gives you another reliable Kyorge switch in should Ferro go down, as well as giving your team some Speed, which is useful since your team is slow with the exception of SD Arceus. It also deals massive damage to Arceus-Steel with Hydro Pump in the rain, so that will help with that as well. Lastly, if you need something to check Dragons / SD or CM Arceus-Formes / Ho-Oh, using an Arceus-Steel > Arceus-Normal (now hear me out before you shoot down the idea :x) helps, as in the rain, Arceus-Steel can tank Kyurem-White and Reshiram, with Roar you get a reliable phazer of Arceus that could be a problem for your team, and with Stone Edge, you'll bait out Ho-Oh(Arceus-Steel is usually Ho-Oh bait) only for you to KO it with Stone Edge. I know you're going to miss SD Arceus, but this will help with Dragon Spam and Ho-Oh, all while giving your team more defensive backbone.

So, in summary:

Pros: Its Leftovers, what do think the pros are :)

Cons: Losing something to shrug off status such as Paralysis and Sleep, though Kyorge can switch into Dark Void, meaning Dialga can get up Rocks without worrying about it due to Sleep Clause

Pros: Cripple physical threats such as Groundon + SD Arceus for the match, making it eaiser for the team to get up hazards or tank attacks, more physical bulk, which is great in tanking Physical attacks

Cons: Losing Stone Edge for Ho-Oh, though if you choose to use Palkia or Arceus-Steel, you don't have to worry about it as much; Less Attack + Speed, though Giratina-O can spinblock longer with that spread

Pros: Adds more Speed on the team, revenges Dragons / Ho-Oh easily, Kyorge switch in just in case Ferro goes down / its at low HP, benefits from rain, allowing it to 2HKO Arceus-Steel with Hydro Pump

Cons: Losing Toxic Spikes mainly, as your team really didn't need a Rapid Spinner for reasons I stated above, but Palkia would add much needed Speed to a slower team and a great revenge killer to keep Dragons / Ho-Oh in check

Pros: Helps with Dragon Spam, Roar to phaze out SD / CM Arceus and Latios/Latias + rack up entry hazard damage, Stone Edge deals with Ho-Oh, as most Arceus-Steel can't deal with Ho-Oh, so its perfect bait for taking it out, Will-O-Wisp for more crippling of Physical Pokemon, such as Groundon + Terrakion that will try and switch into Arceus-Steel

Cons: You lose SD Arceus, which is amazing(I love using it as well) though at least give it a try, with Scarf Palkia, you can forgo Arceus-Normal

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend / Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Great Job on getting #1, hope my changes help!

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
@TrollFreak

I appreciate your comments, but the amount of changes you've given me change the teams balance all together, I've picked everything because of certain roles they play within the team.. Conserning your Palkia switch for the Tent I'm not really feeling it I feel every ubers team needs a spinner also its always good to get rid of hazards, toxic spikes is probs the main selling point to tent anyway I always spam them pretty early game as getting most mons effected by them as possible is always good to lower their survivability! I used to use Wilo on Gira but as I've said I'm tired of tent staying in fishing for scalf burns hindering Giras survivability and as It is I tend not to need burns on things as I most of the time get them toxic'd which I find is much more effective imo, as I find it easier to play around with switch ins. I like the idea for Steel Ceus instead of E killer though its a good idea, I used to run one its a great poke and does well in the new meta.. But I changed it as I found i couldn't hit certain things well which I needed to, I might try Judge/Thunder cm set though sounds pretty good.. This also helps me with my Lugia problem! Also the Dialgas set my kinda thing I like the fact its kinda gimicy as it shuts down b pass by itself, also i can switch into giras wilos..

Stone RG

Megas are broke
As for your issue with Sub Arceus, id reccomend you switching the D-tail in Dialga to Roar, since it fairs pretty well with most CM arceus, and Sub SD are rarely ever seen, bar on normal arceus, which wont be OHKOing DIalga if it gives up a coverage move. Also id Tell you to change the 252 Speed EVs to HP, To make him as bulky as , as well as putting Leftovers on it.

Also, though you get rid of Ho Oh with Stone Edge, Kyogre alrady handles it pretty well, i think you could place Will-O-Wisp, i Also support TrollFreak for a bulkier EV spread in Giratina-O.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
- Well played ho-ohs
- Sub CM/SD Arceus if I've played terribly around them
- Dragon Spam
- Arceus Steel
How are Arceus-Steel and Ho-oh problems, I do not know -__-. Steelceus isn't 2HKOing Ferrothorn or Tenta at +6 either and I haven't even factored the massive passive recovery they get. Besides, Cro Kyogre(Kroger) is one of the best Ho-oh checks in the game. Err now aside the ranting on to the rate...

This team actually has a few more problems then what meets the eye :P. The lack of a revenge killer really irritates me, since stuff that sets up might become problematic. Additionally the lack of a specs kyogre switch-in means that something will be forced to die should it get it safely. (YES TENTACRUEL DIES WITH PROTECT + rain dish recovery DX).

Rayquaza hasn't been mentioned as an annoyance yet which confuses me. Should it successfully pull a Dragon Dance or Swords Dance off it can go to town with Outrage / Dragon Claw, successfully OHKOing everything bar Kyogre on the team should it have Fire Blast (which is common on most sets). Kyogre lacks the ability to do anything but Roar it out anyway, relying on Scald hax is just O_O IMO. Then again the lack of a revenge killer means offensively inclined setup sweepers do the same but idk. Similar to Rayquaza if,Ghost Arceus gets a Calm Mind, things become unpleasant, granted +1 Focus Blast will probably miss on everything but idk.

There are a few ways too alleviate the problems mentioned though, one is simply by running Scarf Palkia over Extremekiller. I know you lose your cleaner should hazards weaken the enemy team sufficently but Scarf Palkia isn't that shabby of a mon at cleaning up late game either. OR you could revert Giratina-o to Specially Defensive Giratina-a, and use Scarf Kyogre over your current one, this doesn't alleviate the DD Rayquaza issue but it does help with the Swords Dance variants and revenge KOing stuff in general, Mewtwo in particular but... I think Gira-o has that covered to an extent. the only other option I could possible think of is, running Grass Arceus / Latias over Exkiller Arceus and Scarf Kyogre will also solve the issue, although DD quaza will still leave a mark on Latias and Lum berry variants will annoy Grass Arceus should you choose not to run Ice Beam on it. This does, however, provide you with a Stall Breaker which is nice should your happen to lose the hazard war / w.e.

Dialga @ Lum Berry
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
Right this things single handedly shut down MANY smashpass teams due to its lumb, smeargles coming straight in and thinking they can pass on,
Seriously-_-, smash pass utilizing Gorybess rips straight through that Dialga anyway. Go ahead and keep the lum berry if you want but I reccomend you revert to standard Support Dialga, since that version can actually live a Dragon Dance boosted Outrage (not EQ though) and OHKO back with a Draco Meteor. Support Dialga also nicely stops Gorybess smash pass too, since Smeargle already gets phazed out by Dragon Tail.

Conserning your Palkia switch for the Tent I'm not really feeling it I feel every ubers team needs a spinner also its always good to get rid of hazards
Spinning is so unreliable its not even funny o_O, its so unreliable its the reason why drown all didn't use Forretress... well I guess its reliable if you are Excadril but...

On a random note, troll freak's change of scarfkia > Tenta also works if you wanna keep exkiller and still wanna fix the aforementioned problems. ALSO WHY I USE THE WORD PROBLEMS SO MUCH DX. Although I'm really against using a Steel Arceus whose only attacking move has 8 pp, idk.

TL; DR:

Scarfkia > Exkiller OR Sp def gira-a + Scarf Kyogre > Gira-o +cro kyogre OR Grass Arceus / Latias + Scarf Kyogre > Exkiller + Cro Kyogre OR Trollfreak's changes

Keep in mind all these changes are optional.

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
@Stone RG
D Tail is for a reason it's to break smash pass sashes or any sashes also gets some residual damage off aswell.. I wouldn't change the Giratina set at all to be fair its natural bulk is enough for me.

@Mr.lol
Arceus Steels a massive problem I've got nothing that can kill it with ease, as soon as it sets up a couple of cms and I can't phaze it I lose simple as, the set I mean by steel is cm,recover,judgement,roar It phazes first if faster and yeah. Rayquazas never really been a threat I've not been swept by one since I've made this team iirc, as I've stayed in earlier posts people like to bring it in on ferro and dd while I just stay in and gyro..
Conserning my Dialga set you need to play enough ubers like myself to actually understand the role it does for this team by not letting smeargle early game get a pass off and so forth. For the spinner when you've got a team while likes to switch around alot by needing to predict switches/moves why would you want hazards up anyway, imo Tents the most viable spinner as it gets good recovery (in rain) and sets up toxic spikes.. Even if my teams not that weak to hazards its always good to have them gone for example sr wearing Giratina down, I don't see why you think spinning is unreliable, I play around wearing ghosts down with forcing switches so Girtina-O is never a problem, Arceus Ghost is beat by toxic spikes and Girtina A doesn't really do anything but phaze but I've got enough ways to deal with it.. I feel like I don't need a more solid revenge killer as I've got e-ceus, this team wouldn't benefit much from a scarfer as I've got enough sort of priority on it. Also about specs Orge, Its only walled by Latias/SpecD Gira A and the few storm drain abusers lying about.. So every team without one of those is naturally specs orge weak as it wrecks everything hard

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)