Musical Team

Please, rate my music inspired team!

Poison Ivy (Crobat) @ Life Orb |Inner Focus
Timid | 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 Hp
Nasty Plot | Sludge Bomb | Heat Wave | Giga Drain

Crobat is one of my favourite pokemons to play with, usually I use a stallbreaker, but on this team I've opted for an nasty plot attacking lead. Sludge bomb is the STAB atack, Heat Wave and Giga Drain make good type coverage. She can't make much without Nasty Plot, so Prankster pokemon can Taunt and scare Ivy. Scarf users are other main threats.

Chuck D (Nidoking) @ Life Orb|Sheer Force
Naive| 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Earth Power | Sludge Wave | ThunderPunch | Superpower

This is my mixed sweeper. Sheer Force+Life Orb makes things easy. Sludge Wave and Earth Power are the main options. Superpower is for hiting Snorlax, Pori2 and Umbreon. Thunder Punch for Flying and Water types.

The Caretaker (Mismagius) @ Leftovers| Levitate
Timid| 252 Spd / 200 SAtk / 48 HP
Calm Mind | Substitute | Shadow Ball| Hidden Power [Fighting]

Mismagius is a good special sweeper. Substitute makes time for setting Calm Mind and resist the switching Chandelures. Shadow Ball and HP Fight makes excellent type coverage.

Kate Bush (Mienshao) @ Life Orb| Regenerator
Naive| 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hi Jump Kick | Fake Out | U-turn | Hidden Power [Ice]
Mienshao is my physical sweeper. Regenerator heals Life Orb damage. Hi Jump Kick at least 2HKOs non resistant people. U-Turn for scouting and HP Ice to kill Gligar and Flygon.

Tim Smith (Porygon2) @ Eviolite| Download
Modest | 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Discharge | Tri Attack | Recover | Ice Beam

Pori2 is my favourite bulky attacker (and it's so cute *.*). If it get's Download boost, Tri Attack turns into an STAB beast. Discharge and Ice Beam for some cool super-effectiveness and Recover for... recoverin'(duh).

Franz Schubert (Bronzong) @ Leftovers| Levitate
Relaxed | 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef | IVs: 0 Spd
Stealth Rock | Gyro Ball | Toxic | Earthquake

I needed one pokemon for setting Stealth Rock and wall (since Chuck D, Ivy, Kate Bush and Caretaker are somewhat fragile). Bronzong make great work in that. Earthquake can kill switch in fire types; Gyro Ball is great, Schubert hits hard even with lame attack stats; Toxic to threaten other bulky pokemon like Snorlax and Blastoise.

I think my team goes well together. Zong and Mismagius cover Psychic weaknesses of Crobat and Nidoking. Crobat goes well with Nido; same about Mismagius and Pori2. Scarf users are a big danger for the team, as my sweepers are fragile. Snorlax is a pain if Mienshao and Nidoking are out. Zapdos can be hard to kill too, if Pori2 is out.
Thats what I have to say, now is your part =D.
(OH, it doesn't have a name too, you people can help naming it =P)

I would suggest swapping ThunderPunch for Thunderbolt and Superpower for Ice Beam on Nidoking. Superpower only lowers your stats and ice beam makes you have BoltBeam coverage.

I think using Crobat as a Nast Plot user is definitely unique and will net you at least 1 KO on sheer surprise factor.

That said your Nidoking just feels way off. T-bolt will almost always be the better move. Blastoise+Slowbro are usually more Physically bulky anyways so I believe you'd net a 2HKO with T-Bolt on the switch as opposed to T-Punch(May be wrong). I agree Super Power can be useful, but it might just be better to switch to a pokemon who can cover Snorlax...

Mismagius & Mienshao are pretty common and I think they'd work well together.

There are just a couple of things - Wouldn't a Choice Scarf Chandelure just rip through this team? Also, CM-Sub Raikou also seems like it could get behind a sub easily and get at least 1 CM Boost in on you. From there I think you'd have some real trouble taking it down.

Scarfed Chandelure is not beeing a problem for me. Usually they switch in for killing mismagius, but they fall on a trap because I use subtitute and OHKO with shadow ball. If not, Brozong and Pori can kill it. It may me a problem, but I was never beaten by one.
I think I will take out Nidoking, he's not killing anybody and dies easily. My team is too weak against fast psychic types like Victiny, Venomoth and Azelf. Any sugestions?

Scarfed Chandelure is not beeing a problem for me. Usually they switch in for killing mismagius, but they fall on a trap because I use subtitute and OHKO with shadow ball. If not, Brozong and Pori can kill it. It may me a problem, but I was never beaten by one.
I think I will take out Nidoking, he's not killing anybody and dies easily. My team is too weak against fast psychic types like Victiny, Venomoth and Azelf. Any sugestions?
I suggest you use Honchkrow or sharpedo. Honchkrow is powerful with stab brave bird and sucker punch, the latter (when you predict well) has priority too.
Only downside that when not using sucker punch it is slow.
Ill include the sets at the end.
Sharpedo, on the other hand, hits incredibly hard and fast after a protect.
Good attack, after a protect great speed.

Sets:
Honchkrow@Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
Nature: Adamant
Evs 252Atk 252 speed(to outspeed other honchkrow,they usually have 236 evs) 4HP
Substitute
Brave Bird
Sucker Punch
Roost

Hits hard, taunt can be used over sub, it's your preference.

Sharpedo@Life Orb
Trait:Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
Evs 252Atk 252Speed 4HP
Waterfall
Crunch
Protect
Earthquake
Just like Honchkrow it hits incredibly hard with his stab moves, eq is there for coverage, most notably against Empoleon.

Hope I helped!

Really interesting team, I like the synergy of Porygon2, Mismagius, and Bronzong. However, I do have some suggestions.

I will have to agree with everyone above, Special Attacking Nidoking can potentially do a lot better than your current. BoltBeam coverage is really great in UU, and though Porygon2 has it, the life Orb+Sheer Force combination is definitely better with Nidoking. However, if you don't want to give up you surprise of physical offense, at least put Thunderbolt > ThunderPunch. In the end it does more, not matter what.

I also don't find your current Crobat to be a great help to your team, while as previously mentioned Scarf Chandelure is a big threat, no matter what you are planning. You can't bank on your opponent being bad enough to the point of not predicting well; that's not how this game goes. For that matter, I would also like to suggest Azumarill > Crobat. You will still be able to hit bulky normal types hard with Superpower, or Scarf Flygon with Ice Punch, and you can take on Fire types with Waterfall. This also gives your team a better form of priority than Fake Out, in Aqua Jet.

Edit: Giving Porygon2 the Trace ability would be a better for taking on Chandelure, as you will trace Flash Fire, becoming immune to two of it's attacks and forcing it to switch. Also, if you like Crobat, you should try a Stallbreaking one. It helps with taking out Fighting types such as Herracross, and Scrafty, which can do a number to your team. (Thanks toDestinyUnknown for those).

Your Fast Psychic weakness is nulled a bit by Bronzong with Toxic for stalling, and Victini doesn't want to take an Aqua Jet or
Waterfall from Azumarril. But, if you feel that Venomoth is really threatening, you can try Flamethrower/Fire Blast > Sludge Wave on Nidoking. Bothi hit grass, but the fire type move also covers bug and other Bronzong that are immune to Earth Power.

The Team Synergy with these changes would be:

Azumarril

: Electric: Nidoking. Grass: Bronzong. :

Nidoking

: Water: Azumarril. Ice: Azumarril, Bronzong. Ground: Mismagius, Bronzong. Psychic: Bronzong. :

Mismagius

: Ghost: Porygon2. Dark: Mienshao :

Mienshao
: Flying: Bronzong. Psychic: Bronzong. :

Porygon2

: Fighting: Mismagius, Nidoking. :

Bronzong
: Fire: Azumarill. :

As you can see, your team achieves pretty good synergy with this.

Azumarill set:​

Azumarill@Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
• Waterfall
• Aqua Jet
• Return/Double Edge
• Superpower/Ice Punch

Crobat set:

Crobat@Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
Evs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
• Brave Bird
• Taunt
• Roost
U-Turn / Toxic / Super Fang​

Happy battling, hope I helped <3

I preffer Pori2 with Trace, but I thougt that Download would be better, I'll follow Shovel's sugestion and run a Trace Pori2.
I like Azumarill, but I don't think it works as a attacking lead, and I aways screw up somehow when I use her =(.
I'll take out Nido and run that Sharpedo, it will cover Ice, Ghost and Psychic and make some damage.
Thanks for all the tips!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)