Elekid (BW2 Revamp) [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Elekid has all the traits that a Pokemon needs to succeed in Little Cup. As the tied fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier, with solid offensive stats and a wide movepool, Elekid has a lot going for it. However, as has always been the case for its older sibling Electabuzz, excellence on paper does not always translate to excellence in practice. The transition to BW brought with it the introduction of Eviolite, which is a perpetual middle finger to Elekid. Wide super effective coverage is not the same as powerful neutral coverage, which is something that almost every self-respecting offensive Pokemon has in some form or another. Because of Elekid's lack of overall power, it cannot break many of the walls that it could in DPP thanks to their shiny new Eviolites. 35 / 37 / 55 defenses are downright pitiful, ensuring that Elekid's deadly circuitry is blasted apart by all but the most feeble of attacks. Despite these downfalls, Elekid can stand tall with its numerous offensive options and Speed stat that towers over the entirety of Little Cup.</p>

[SET]
name: Physical Attacker
move 1: Wild Charge
move 2: Ice Punch
move 3: Cross Chop
move 4: Fire Punch / Hidden Power Grass
item: Life Orb
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 236 Spe
ivs: 0 HP

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes advantage of all of Elekid's strengths: its excellent Speed, decent Attack, and stellar coverage. Before you are tempted to play Elekid like a stereotypical glass cannon, note that it is kind of lacking in the cannon department. As such, leaving Elekid in on a defensive Pokemon is not the way to go because they will set up entry hazards on it, status it, or simply just attack it. Rather, you want to utilize VoltTurn and double switching to get Elekid in against the frail offensive Pokemon it can demolish. Wild Charge is fairly powerful, OHKOing most frailer Pokemon. Ice Punch does have some overlaps in coverage with both Fire Punch and Wild Charge, but it hits Dragon-types super effectively and provides a recoilless option to hit Murkrow and other Flying-types. Fire Punch is used to hit Snover and Steel-types super effectively. Between Ice Punch and Fire Punch, most of the Grass-types in Little Cup not named Lileep have trouble switching into Elekid. The moveset is wrapped up by Cross Chop, which is vital to hit Scraggy and Porygon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The only thing that might look out of place is the 0 HP IV; however, it is necessary as it halves Life Orb recoil. Life Orb is a necessary evil for Elekid, as otherwise it fails to put much of a dent in any Pokemon with decent physical bulk. There are two other moves to consider, both over Cross Chop. Volt Switch can be used to scout, gain momentum, and make a sort of VoltTurn core with Mienfoo; however, Elekid is usually better off hitting as hard as it can until it is knocked out. Substitute is the other option, providing a buffer against priority and Choice Scarf users. Conversely, note that there are several Choice Scarf users that cannot outspeed Elekid, and if you do not have something on your team that can take priority attacks, you might as well rethink your team.</p>

<p>Elekid has a lot of trouble against bulky Pokemon. There are two ways to deal with this issue: heavy entry hazard support from Ferroseed or Dwebble, or mixed Murkrow. Dwebble doubles as a sponge for priority moves that would threaten Elekid, which is something Bronzor and Misdreavus can also do. Ground-type Pokemon are troublesome as well; Staryu is a recommended teammate to mitigate this weakness. In addition, Staryu can use Rapid Spin, which allows Elekid to switch without fear of entry hazard damage. A way around Chinchou, such as Lileep, Snover, or Croagunk, is also needed, as Elekid will not be breaking through it any time soon. However, do not let any of these necessities dissuade you from using Elekid; many of these requirements are necessary for every team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Elekid can effectively run a Choice Scarf set, as it can outspeed Choice Scarf Murkrow and pretty much every boosted Pokemon in Little Cup, in addition to being able to use Volt Switch to scout. However, this only worsens Elekid's offensive inferiority complex, as the lack of Life Orb makes its lack of attacking power much more obvious. A mixed set, a signature relic of DPP, is also usable, with an EV spread of 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 240 Spe, a Jolly Nature, a Life Orb, and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Cross Chop, and Substitute. However, the previous metagame did not contain mixed Murkrow, which is superior to Elekid in every way due to having more power, better coverage, similar Speed, priority, and usable bulk.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Elekid is one of those Pokemon that doesn't require specific counters for it alone. It cannot break any of the commonly seen bulky Pokemon in Little Cup that carry an Eviolite. Some examples include Misdreavus, Chinchou, Croagunk, Hippopotas, and Dwebble. Any Choice Scarf user that is faster than unboosted Elekid, such as Murkrow and Porygon, can easily revenge kill it. Under sand, Drilbur and Sandshrew outrun Elekid and can force it out with the threat of Earthquake. Priority moves, such as Murkrow's Sucker Punch and Croagunk's Vacuum Wave, hit Elekid hard due to its frailty. Compared to other threats in Little Cup, Elekid is relatively frail and weak, easily checked by many common Pokemon.</p>

Fire punch is pointless when you have cross chop. Ferroseed should not be a problem. But HP grass in there for chinchou or volt switch, both are superior.

It looks like you could use some more testing on elekid before you do this write-up, I suggest you look a bit further into it before you finish this and put this on stand-by for now.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fire punch is pointless when you have cross chop. Ferroseed should not be a problem. But HP grass in there for chinchou or volt switch, both are superior.

It looks like you could use some more testing on elekid before you do this write-up, I suggest you look a bit further into it before you finish this and put this on stand-by for now.
Well I tested the offensive set quite a bit now, and I found that Eviolite is actually an excellent item. It takes 63.15 - 78.94% from Snover's Blizzard with Eviolite and can KO in return with Fire Punch. I'd like to at the very least slash it in. I'm seeing all Snover left and right, and 80% accuracy is not something I want to rely on with something as frail as Elekid. I'm going to test the Choice Scarf set and then this will be ready for QC.

Jukain

!_!
Double posting because I have actually tested now and added some partners as well as counters and changed some move options. Cross Chop is way inferior to Fire Punch from how I've been doing trying both, Snover is all over the place and Cross Chop is simply not accurate enough to be reliable. I moved it to AC on both sets and added in Volt Switch on the first set.

i got this
Set Comments
remove thunder punch on the first set. longevity isn't something that should be strove for on elekid. it's not too strong as it is and it really needs to deal as much damage as possible
Cross Chop needs to be on the first set or Porygon is problematic. I don't see what Fire Punch hits other than Snover. Cross Chop still hits Ferroseed and Thunderbolt slams Bronzor. Also, the current set losses to Munchlax. Set should probably be Wild Charge, Ice Punch, Cross Chop, Fire Punch/Hidden Power Grass. I don't know how necessary Volt Switch is; if your opponent has Stealth Rock up, Volt Switching around isn't exactly too good. I think it's better to just hit hard until you die but others may see it differently which is why i think it should be AC'd. Substitute for AC.

Additional Comments
I'd remove Eviolite. Without Eviolite you're just not hitting hard at all.
Magnemite isn't really a good partner. Elekid losses to anything that it's faster than so I don't see why Magnemite needs a specific mention. Talk about how Elekid doesn't really need much team support. You hit the nail on the head by adding entry hazard users but talk about how Elekid is good for other sweepers like LO Mixed Krow and Drilbur since it weakens their checks. I don't know about specifically mentioning Larvesta. Elekid and Larvesta beat basically the same thing. i guess elekid can beat chinchou but i think something like Mienfoo, who has more opportunities to U-turn, is a better partner. Mienfoo is also a better mon.

Set Comments #2
Choice Scarf needs Cross Chop. Remove Fire Punch. It's a good enough revenge killer so i think the set could stay, even if it is pretty weak.

the rest looks fine

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ice Punch is garbage since Gligar is gone. Wild Charge hits Flyers, Fire Punch hits Grass AND Steel-types. The only thing Ice Punch hits really is Dragons and Dilbert. I guess it just depends on whether you value extra killing power for Ferroseed over Axew.

Jukain

!_!
well ice punch is ac'd on scarf, made sir's slashes for the first set and changes.

approve me please!!!

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, the set and everything looks good, but if you're going to do this, you need to add a bunch more teammates under AC! Then I will approve~

Jukain

!_!
thanks guys, I will write this when I have time (and/or electricity).

EDIT: ok ok I was doing some other stuff but I wrote the overview this should be a quick write

EDIT2: I got them set comments all done

EDIT3: and the ac

EDIT4: oo is done as well

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is my first LC analysis, please feel free to point out anything I have done wrong.

[Overview]

<p>Elekid has all the traits a Pokemon that a Pokemon should need to succeed in LC. Between being the fastest unboosted Pokemon in Little Cup bar those that are boosted, its solid offensive stats, and a movepool endowed with amazing moves that have wide super effective coveragewide movepool, Elekid has a lot going for it. However, as has always been the case for its older sibling Electabuzz, excellence on paper does not always translate to performaexcellence in practice. The transition to BW brought with it the introduction of Eviolite, which is a perpetual middle finger to Elekid. Wide super effective coverage is not the same as powerful neutral coverage, which is something that almost every self-respecting offensive Pokemon has in some form or another. Because of Elekid's lack of overall power, it cannot break many of the walls that it could in DPPt, thanks to their shiny new Eviolites. 35 / 37 / 55 defenses are downright pitiful, making it soensuring that Elekid's deadly circuitry is blasted apart by all but the most feeble of attacks. Despite these downfalls, Elekid can stand tall with its numerous offensive options and a Speed stat that towers over the entirety of Little Cup.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes advantage of all of Elekid's strengths, which include its excellent Speed, decent Attack, and stellar coverage. Before you are tempted to play Elekid like a stereotypical glass cannon, note that it is kind of lacking in the cannon department. As such, leaving Elekid in on a defensive Pokemon is not the way to go because they will set up entry hazards on it, status it, attack it, et cetera c. Rather, you want to utilize VoltTurn and double switching to get Elekid in against the the group it can demolish,frail and offensive Pokemon it can demolish. Wild Charge is fairly powerful, OHKOing most Pokemon that are not too bulky. Ice Punch does have some overlaps in coverage with both Fire Punch and Wild Charge, but it hits Dragon-types super effectively at least, and provides an option lacking recoil recoilless option to hit Murkrow and other Flying-types. Fire Punch is used to hit Snover and Steel-types super effectively. Between Ice Punch and Fire Blast, most of the Grass-types in Little Cup not named Lileep have trouble switching into Elekid. The moveset is wrapped up by Cross Chop, which is vital to hit Scraggy and Porygon. Now, take a look at the coverage moves and you will see that none are all that powerful. With this lies its evolution family's signature fault&mdash;to emphasize this again,; wide super effective coverage does not equate to strong neutral coverage, and Elekid is the embodiment of this sad truth.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The only thing that mayight look out of place in the other aspects of the set iss the 0 HP IVs, which lessenhalves Life Orb recoil. Life Orb is a necessary evil for Elekid, as otherwise it fails to put much of a dent in any Pokemon with decent physical bulk. There are two other moves to consider, both over Cross Chop.; Volt Switch can be used to scout, gain momentum, and make a sort of VoltTurn core with Mienfoo. However, Elekid is usually better off hitting as hard as it can until it is knocked out. Substitute is another decentthe other option, providing a buffer against priority and Choice Scarf users. On the other hand,However, note that there are many Choice Scarf users that cannot outspeed Elekid, and if you do not have something on your team that can take priority attacks, you might as well rethink your team and life, among other areasyour life.</p>

<p>Elekid has a lot of trouble against bulky Pokemon. There are two ways to approach this issue&mdash;: heavy entry hazard support from Ferroseed or Dwebble and, or mixed Murkrow. Dwebble doubles as a sponge for priority moves that would fellthreaten Elekid, which is something Bronzor and Misdreavus do well enough as wellcan also do. Ground-types Pokemon are troublesome as well; Staryu is a recommended to not double up on Ground weaknesses like Chinchou and not pile more recoil damage like Snover's hail. Staryu can also Rapid Spin, which is a luxury that eases the pain when Elekid inevitably switches in and out multiple timeseammate to mitigate this weakness. In addition, Staryu can also Rapid Spin, which allows Elekid to switch without fear of entry hazard damage. A way around Chinchou, such as Lileep, Snover, or Croagunk, is also needed, as Elekid will not be breaking through it any time soon. DHowever, do not let any of this misconceive you, however, asese necessities dissuade you from using Elekid; many of these requirements are necessary for every team. The specific support needed for Elekid is minimal, which is why it is so easy to slap on a team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Elekid can effectively run a Choice Scarf set, as it can outspeed Choice Scarf Murkrow and pretty much every boosted Pokemon in Little Cup and can, in addition to being able to use Volt Switch to scout. However, this only worsens Elekid's offensive inferiority complex, as it hits like a Smeargle without Life Orb. Well, maybe not that low, but you get the idea. A mixed, which used to be one of Elekid's signature setsthe lack of Life Orb worsens its lack of attacking power. A mixed set, a signature relic of DPPt, is also viusable. It would sport an EV spread of 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 240 Spe, a Jolly Nature, a Life Orb, and a moveset of Thunderbolt /, Hidden Power Ice /, Cross Chop /, and Substitute. However, the previous metagame did not contain mixed Murkrow, which is superior to Elekid in every way, due to having more power, better coverage, similar Speed, priority, and usable bulk. Signal Beam could also be used on such a set because of its decent power, but it provides basically zero additional coverage.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Elekid is one of those Pokemon where countering it should be built into your team . It cannot break any Pokemon that is bulky and carries an Eviolite, which applies to a Little Cupthat doesn’t require specific counters for it alone. It cannot break any of the commonly seen bulky Pokemon in Little Cup that carry an Eviolite. Some such examples of these include Misdreavus, Chinchou, Croagunk, Hippopotas, and Dwebble, and there are many more. Any Choice Scarf user that is faster than unboosted Elekid, such as Murkrow, can easily revenge kill it. Under sand, Drilbur outruns it and can force it out, either just KOing with Earthquake or setting up a Swords Dance on a perceived switch with the threat of Earthquake. Priority moves, such as Murkrow's Sucker Punch and Croagunk's Vacuum Wave, hit Elekid hard due to its frailty. If you have accounted for the other, much more frightening threats in Little Cup, Elekid should not require any specific preparations on your end.</p>
amcheck suckah

Jukain

!_!
Well, obviously this wasn't the best, but regardless thanks Poppy, your check is mostly implemented. By that, I mean "DPPt" is in fact "DPP", and I prefer to spell out "Little Cup" instead of abbreviating it as "LC". Thanks for the check!

I haven't checked in ages, so I'm probably really rusty. Nevertheless, here's my amcheck.

[Overview]

<p>Elekid has all the traits that a Pokemon should needs to succeed in Little Cup. Between being tied as the fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier, with solid offensive stats, and a wide movepool, Elekid has a lot going for it. However, as has always been the case for its older sibling Electabuzz, excellence on paper does not always translate to excellence in practice. The transition to BW brought with it the introduction of Eviolite, which is a perpetual middle finger to Elekid. Wide super effective coverage is not the same as powerful neutral coverage, which is something that almost every self-respecting offensive Pokemon has in some form or another. Because of Elekid's lack of overall power, it cannot break many of the walls that it could in DPP thanks to their shiny new Eviolites. 35 / 37 / 55 defenses are downright pitiful, ensuring that Elekid's deadly circuitry is blasted apart by all but the most feeble of attacks. Despite these downfalls, Elekid can stand tall with its numerous offensive options and Speed stat that towers over the entirety of Little Cup.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes advantage of all of Elekid's strengths, which include its excellent Speed, decent Attack, and stellar coverage. Before you are tempted to play Elekid like a stereotypical glass cannon, note that it is kind of lacking in the cannon department. As such, leaving Elekid in on a defensive Pokemon is not the way to go because they will set up entry hazards on it, status it, attack it, et cetera . Rather, you want to utilize VoltTurn and double switching to get Elekid in against the frail offensive Pokemon it can demolish. Wild Charge is fairly powerful, OHKOing most Pokemon that are not too bulky. Ice Punch does have some overlaps in coverage with both Fire Punch and Wild Charge, but it hits Dragon-types super effectively and provides a recoilless option to hit Murkrow and other Flying-types. Fire Punch is used to hit Snover and Steel-types super effectively. Between Ice Punch and Fire Blast, most of the Grass-types in Little Cup not named Lileep have trouble switching into Elekid. The moveset is wrapped up by Cross Chop, which is vital to hit Scraggy and Porygon. Now, take a look at the coverage moves and you will see that none are all that powerful; wide super effective coverage does not equate to strong neutral coverage, and Elekid is the embodiment of this sad truth.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The only thing that might look out of place is the 0 HP IV, which almost halves Life Orb recoil. Life Orb is a necessary evil for Elekid, as otherwise it fails to put much of a dent in any Pokemon with decent physical bulk. There are two other moves to consider, both over Cross Chop; Volt Switch can be used to scout, gain momentum, and make a sort of VoltTurn core with Mienfoo. However, Elekid is usually better off hitting as hard as it can until it is knocked out. Substitute is the other option, providing a buffer against priority and Choice Scarf users. Conversely, note that there are many Choice Scarf users that cannot outspeed Elekid, and if you do not have something on your team that can take priority attacks, you might as well rethink your team and your life.</p>

<p>Elekid has a lot of trouble against bulky Pokemon. There are two ways to approach this issue: heavy entry hazard support from Ferroseed or Dwebble, or mixed Murkrow. Dwebble doubles as a sponge for priority moves that would threaten Elekid, which is something Bronzor and Misdreavus can also do. Ground-type Pokemon are troublesome as well; Staryu is a recommended teammate to mitigate this weakness. In addition, Staryu can also Rapid Spin, which allows Elekid to switch without fear of entry hazard damage. A way around Chinchou, such as Lileep, Snover, or Croagunk, is also needed, as Elekid will not be breaking through it any time soon. However, do not let any of these necessities dissuade you from using Elekid; many of these requirements are necessary for every team. The specific support needed for Elekid is minimal, which is why it is so easy to slap on a team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Elekid can effectively run a Choice Scarf set, as it can outspeed Choice Scarf Murkrow and pretty much every boosted Pokemon in Little Cup, in addition to being able to use Volt Switch to scout. However, this only worsens Elekid's offensive inferiority complex, as the lack of Life Orb worsenmakes its lack of attacking power much more obvious. A mixed set, a signature relic of DPP, is also usable. It would sport an EV spread of 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 240 Spe, a Jolly Nature, a Life Orb, and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Cross Chop, and Substitute. However, the previous metagame did not contain mixed Murkrow, which is superior to Elekid in every way due to having more power, better coverage, similar Speed, priority, and usable bulk.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Elekid is one of those Pokemon that doesn’t require specific counters for it alone. It cannot break any of the commonly seen bulky Pokemon in Little Cup that carry an Eviolite. Some such examples include Misdreavus, Chinchou, Croagunk, Hippopotas, and Dwebble, and there are many mores well as many others. Any Choice Scarf user that is faster than unboosted Elekid, such as Murkrow, can easily revenge kill it. Under sand, Drilbur outruns itElekid and can force it out with the threat of Earthquake. Priority moves, such as Murkrow's Sucker Punch and Croagunk's Vacuum Wave, hit Elekid hard due to its frailty. If you have accounted for the other, much more frightening threats in Little Cup, Elekid should not require any specific preparations on your end.</p>

[Overview]

<p>Elekid has all the traits that a Pokemon should needs to succeed in Little Cup. Between being tied as the fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier, with solid offensive stats, and a wide movepool, Elekid has a lot going for it. However, as has always been the case for its older sibling Electabuzz, excellence on paper does not always translate to excellence in practice. The transition to BW brought with it the introduction of Eviolite, which is a perpetual middle finger to Elekid. Wide super effective coverage is not the same as powerful neutral coverage, which is something that almost every self-respecting offensive Pokemon has in some form or another. Because of Elekid's lack of overall power, it cannot break many of the walls that it could in DPP thanks to their shiny new Eviolites. 35 / 37 / 55 defenses are downright pitiful, ensuring that Elekid's deadly circuitry is blasted apart by all but the most feeble of attacks. Despite these downfalls, Elekid can stand tall with its numerous offensive options and Speed stat that towers over the entirety of Little Cup.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes advantage of all of Elekid's strengths, which include its excellent Speed, decent Attack, and stellar coverage. Before you are tempted to play Elekid like a stereotypical glass cannon, note that it is kind of lacking in the cannon department. As such, leaving Elekid in on a defensive Pokemon is not the way to go because they will set up entry hazards on it, status it, attack it, et cetera . Rather, you want to utilize VoltTurn and double switching to get Elekid in against the frail offensive Pokemon it can demolish. Wild Charge is fairly powerful, OHKOing most Pokemon that are not too bulky. Ice Punch does have some overlaps in coverage with both Fire Punch and Wild Charge, but it hits Dragon-types super effectively and provides a recoilless option to hit Murkrow and other Flying-types. Fire Punch is used to hit Snover and Steel-types super effectively. Between Ice Punch and Fire Blast, most of the Grass-types in Little Cup not named Lileep have trouble switching into Elekid. The moveset is wrapped up by Cross Chop, which is vital to hit Scraggy and Porygon. Now, take a look at the coverage moves and you will see that none are all that powerful; wide super effective coverage does not equate to strong neutral coverage, and Elekid is the embodiment of this sad truth.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The only thing that might look out of place is the 0 HP IV, which almost halves Life Orb recoil. Life Orb is a necessary evil for Elekid, as otherwise it fails to put much of a dent in any Pokemon with decent physical bulk. There are two other moves to consider, both over Cross Chop; Volt Switch can be used to scout, gain momentum, and make a sort of VoltTurn core with Mienfoo. However, Elekid is usually better off hitting as hard as it can until it is knocked out. Substitute is the other option, providing a buffer against priority and Choice Scarf users. Conversely, note that there are many Choice Scarf users that cannot outspeed Elekid, and if you do not have something on your team that can take priority attacks, you might as well rethink your team and your life.</p>

<p>Elekid has a lot of trouble against bulky Pokemon. There are two ways to approach this issue: heavy entry hazard support from Ferroseed or Dwebble, or mixed Murkrow. Dwebble doubles as a sponge for priority moves that would threaten Elekid, which is something Bronzor and Misdreavus can also do. Ground-type Pokemon are troublesome as well; Staryu is a recommended teammate to mitigate this weakness. In addition, Staryu can also Rapid Spin, which allows Elekid to switch without fear of entry hazard damage. A way around Chinchou, such as Lileep, Snover, or Croagunk, is also needed, as Elekid will not be breaking through it any time soon. However, do not let any of these necessities dissuade you from using Elekid; many of these requirements are necessary for every team. The specific support needed for Elekid is minimal, which is why it is so easy to slap on a team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Elekid can effectively run a Choice Scarf set, as it can outspeed Choice Scarf Murkrow and pretty much every boosted Pokemon in Little Cup, in addition to being able to use Volt Switch to scout. However, this only worsens Elekid's offensive inferiority complex, as the lack of Life Orb worsenmakes its lack of attacking power much more obvious. A mixed set, a signature relic of DPP, is also usable. It would sport an EV spread of 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 240 Spe, a Jolly Nature, a Life Orb, and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Cross Chop, and Substitute. However, the previous metagame did not contain mixed Murkrow, which is superior to Elekid in every way due to having more power, better coverage, similar Speed, priority, and usable bulk.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Elekid is one of those Pokemon that doesn’t require specific counters for it alone. It cannot break any of the commonly seen bulky Pokemon in Little Cup that carry an Eviolite. Some such examples include Misdreavus, Chinchou, Croagunk, Hippopotas, and Dwebble, and there are many mores well as many others. Any Choice Scarf user that is faster than unboosted Elekid, such as Murkrow, can easily revenge kill it. Under sand, Drilbur outruns itElekid and can force it out with the threat of Earthquake. Priority moves, such as Murkrow's Sucker Punch and Croagunk's Vacuum Wave, hit Elekid hard due to its frailty. If you have accounted for the other, much more frightening threats in Little Cup, Elekid should not require any specific preparations on your end.</p>

Just a quick note, you haven't specified an ability for Elekid when it has Static and its DW ability Vital Spirit to chose from. Shouldn't Vital Spirit get preference?

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On top of Poppy's and Rory's checks

[Overview]

<p>Elekid has all the traits that a Pokemon should needs to succeed in Little Cup. Between beingAs the tied as the fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tiermetagame, with solid offensive stats, and a wide movepool, Elekid has a lot going for it. However, as has always been the case for its older sibling Electabuzz, excellence on paper does not always translate to excellence in practice. The transition to BW brought with it the introduction of Eviolite, which is a perpetual middle finger to Elekid. Wide super effective coverage is not the same as powerful neutral coverage, which is something that almost every self-respecting offensive Pokemon has in some form or another. Because of Elekid's lack of overall power, it cannot break many of the walls that it could in DPP thanks to their shiny new Eviolites. 35 / 37 / 55 defenses are downright pitiful, ensuring that Elekid's deadly circuitry is blasted apart by all but the most feeble of attacks. Despite these downfalls, Elekid can stand tall with its numerous offensive options and Speed stat that towers over the entirety of Little Cup.</p> (this sentence seems like a cliched, generic "end of overview" sentence)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes advantage of all of Elekid's strengths, which include its excellent Speed, decent Attack, and stellar coverage. Before you are tempted to play Elekid like a stereotypical glass cannon, note that it is kind of lacking in the cannon department. As such, leaving Elekid in on a defensive Pokemon is not the way to go because they will set up entry hazards on it, status it, attack it, et cetera . Rather, you want to utilize VoltTurn and double switching to get Elekid in against the frail offensive Pokemon it can demolish. Wild Charge is fairly powerful, OHKOing most frailer Pokemon that are not too bulky. Ice Punch does have some overlaps in coverage with both Fire Punch and Wild Charge, but it hits Dragon-types super effectively and provides a recoilless option to hit Murkrow and other Flying-types. Fire Punch is used to hit Snover and Steel-types super effectively. Between Ice Punch and Fire Blast, most of the Grass-types in Little Cup not named Lileep have trouble switching into Elekid. The moveset is wrapped up by Cross Chop, which is vital to hit Scraggy and Porygon. Now, take a look at the coverage moves and you will see that none are all that powerful; wide super effective coverage does not equate to strong neutral coverage, and Elekid is the embodiment of this sad truth.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The only thing that might look out of place is the 0 HP IV, which almost halves Life Orb recoil. Life Orb is a necessary evil for Elekid, as otherwise it fails to put much of a dent in any Pokemon with decent physical bulk. There are two other moves to consider, both over Cross Chop;. Volt Switch can be used to scout, gain momentum, and make a sort of VoltTurn core with Mienfoo. H; however, Elekid is usually better off hitting as hard as it can until it is knocked out. Substitute is the other option, providing a buffer against priority and Choice Scarf users. Conversely, note that there are manyseveral Choice Scarf users that cannot outspeed Elekid, and if you do not have something on your team that can take priority attacks, you might as well rethink your team and your life.</p>

<p>Elekid has a lot of trouble against bulky Pokemon. There are two ways to approach this issue: heavy entry hazard support from Ferroseed or Dwebble, or mixed Murkrow. Dwebble doubles as a sponge for priority moves that would threaten Elekid, which is something Bronzor and Misdreavus can also do. Ground-type Pokemon are troublesome as well; Staryu is a recommended teammate to mitigate this weakness. In addition, Staryu can also use Rapid Spin, which allows Elekid to switch without fear of entry hazard damage. A way around Chinchou, such as Lileep, Snover, or Croagunk, is also needed, as Elekid will not be breaking through it any time soon. However, do not let any of these necessities dissuade you from using Elekid; many of these requirements are necessary for every team. The specific support needed for Elekid is minimal, which is why it is so easy to slap on a team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Elekid can effectively run a Choice Scarf set, as it can outspeed Choice Scarf Murkrow and pretty much every boosted Pokemon in Little Cup, in addition to being able to use Volt Switch to scout. However, this only worsens Elekid's offensive inferiority complex, as the lack of Life Orb worsenmakes its lack of attacking power much more obvious. A mixed set, a signature relic of DPP, is also usable. It would sport, comprising of an EV spread of 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 240 Spe, a Jolly Nature, a Life Orb, and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Cross Chop, and Substitute. However, the previous metagame did not contain mixed Murkrow, which is superior to Elekid in every way due to having more power, better coverage, similar Speed, priority, and usable bulk.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Elekid is one of those Pokemon that doesn’t require specific counters for it alone. It cannot break any of the commonly seen bulky Pokemon in Little Cup that carry an Eviolite. Some such examples include Misdreavus, Chinchou, Croagunk, Hippopotas, and Dwebble, and there are many mores well as many others. Any Choice Scarf user that is faster than unboosted Elekid, such as Murkrow and Porygon, can easily revenge kill it. Under sand, Drilbur and Sandshrew outruns itElekid and can force it out with the threat of Earthquake. Priority moves, such as Murkrow's Sucker Punch and Croagunk's Vacuum Wave, hit Elekid hard due to its frailty. If you have accountCompared for theo other, much more frightening threats in Little Cup, Elekid ishould not require any specific preparations latively frail and weak, easily checked by many common your endPokemon.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Elekid has all the traits that a Pokemon should needs to succeed in Little Cup. As the tied fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier, with solid offensive stats and a wide movepool, Elekid has a lot going for it. However, as has always been the case for its older sibling Electabuzz, excellence on paper does not always translate to excellence in practice. The transition to BW brought with it the introduction of Eviolite, which is a perpetual middle finger to Elekid. Wide super effective coverage is not the same as powerful neutral coverage, which is something that almost every self-respecting offensive Pokemon has in some form or another. Because of Elekid's lack of overall power, it cannot break many of the walls that it could in DPP thanks to their shiny new Eviolites. 35 / 37 / 55 defenses are downright pitiful, ensuring that Elekid's deadly circuitry is blasted apart by all but the most feeble of attacks. Despite these downfalls, Elekid can stand tall with its numerous offensive options and Speed stat that towers over the entirety of Little Cup.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes advantage of all of Elekid's strengths, which include: its excellent Speed, decent Attack, and stellar coverage. Before you are tempted to play Elekid like a stereotypical glass cannon, note that it is kind of lacking in the cannon department. As such, leaving Elekid in on a defensive Pokemon is not the way to go because they will set up entry hazards on it, status it, or simply just attack it, etc. Rather, you want to utilize VoltTurn and double switching to get Elekid in against the frail offensive Pokemon it can demolish. Wild Charge is fairly powerful, OHKOing most frailer Pokemon. Ice Punch does have some overlaps in coverage with both Fire Punch and Wild Charge, but it hits Dragon-types super effectively and provides a recoilless option to hit Murkrow and other Flying-types. Fire Punch is used to hit Snover and Steel-types super effectively. Between Ice Punch and Fire BlastPunch, most of the Grass-types in Little Cup not named Lileep have trouble switching into Elekid. The moveset is wrapped up by Cross Chop, which is vital to hit Scraggy and Porygon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The only thing that might look out of place is the 0 HP IV, which; however, it is necessary as it halves Life Orb recoil. Life Orb is a necessary evil for Elekid, as otherwise it fails to put much of a dent in any Pokemon with decent physical bulk. There are two other moves to consider, both over Cross Chop. Volt Switch can be used to scout, gain momentum, and make a sort of VoltTurn core with Mienfoo; however, Elekid is usually better off hitting as hard as it can until it is knocked out. Substitute is the other option, providing a buffer against priority and Choice Scarf users. Conversely, note that there are several Choice Scarf users that cannot outspeed Elekid, and if you do not have something on your team that can take priority attacks, you might as well rethink your team.</p>

<p>Elekid has a lot of trouble against bulky Pokemon. There are two ways to approacdeal with this issue: heavy entry hazard support from Ferroseed or Dwebble, or mixed Murkrow. Dwebble doubles as a sponge for priority moves that would threaten Elekid, which is something Bronzor and Misdreavus can also do. Ground-type Pokemon are troublesome as well; Staryu is a recommended teammate to mitigate this weakness. In addition, Staryu can use Rapid Spin, which allows Elekid to switch without fear of entry hazard damage. A way around Chinchou, such as Lileep, Snover, or Croagunk, is also needed, as Elekid will not be breaking through it any time soon. However, do not let any of these necessities dissuade you from using Elekid; many of these requirements are necessary for every team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Elekid can effectively run a Choice Scarf set, as it can outspeed Choice Scarf Murkrow and pretty much every boosted Pokemon in Little Cup, in addition to being able to use Volt Switch to scout. However, this only worsens Elekid's offensive inferiority complex, as the lack of Life Orb makes its lack of attacking power much more obvious. A mixed set, a signature relic of DPP, is also usable, comprising ofwith an EV spread of 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 240 Spe, a Jolly Nature, a Life Orb, and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Cross Chop, and Substitute. However, the previous metagame did not contain mixed Murkrow, which is superior to Elekid in every way due to having more power, better coverage, similar Speed, priority, and usable bulk.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Elekid is one of those Pokemon that doesn't require specific counters for it alone. It cannot break any of the commonly seen bulky Pokemon in Little Cup that carry an Eviolite. Some examples include Misdreavus, Chinchou, Croagunk, Hippopotas, and Dwebble. Any Choice Scarf user that is faster than unboosted Elekid, such as Murkrow and Porygon, can easily revenge kill it. Under sand, Drilbur and Sandshrew outrun Elekid and can force it out with the threat of Earthquake. Priority moves, such as Murkrow's Sucker Punch and Croagunk's Vacuum Wave, hit Elekid hard due to its frailty. Compared to other threats in Little Cup, Elekid is relatively frail and weak, easily checked by many common Pokemon.</p>
[Overview]

<p>Elekid has all the traits that a Pokemon needs to succeed in Little Cup. As the tied fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier, with solid offensive stats and a wide movepool, Elekid has a lot going for it. However, as has always been the case for its older sibling Electabuzz, excellence on paper does not always translate to excellence in practice. The transition to BW brought with it the introduction of Eviolite, which is a perpetual middle finger to Elekid. Wide super effective coverage is not the same as powerful neutral coverage, which is something that almost every self-respecting offensive Pokemon has in some form or another. Because of Elekid's lack of overall power, it cannot break many of the walls that it could in DPP thanks to their shiny new Eviolites. 35 / 37 / 55 defenses are downright pitiful, ensuring that Elekid's deadly circuitry is blasted apart by all but the most feeble of attacks. Despite these downfalls, Elekid can stand tall with its numerous offensive options and Speed stat that towers over the entirety of Little Cup.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes advantage of all of Elekid's strengths: its excellent Speed, decent Attack, and stellar coverage. Before you are tempted to play Elekid like a stereotypical glass cannon, note that it is kind of lacking in the cannon department. As such, leaving Elekid in on a defensive Pokemon is not the way to go because they will set up entry hazards on it, status it, or simply just attack it. Rather, you want to utilize VoltTurn and double switching to get Elekid in against the frail offensive Pokemon it can demolish. Wild Charge is fairly powerful, OHKOing most frailer Pokemon. Ice Punch does have some overlaps in coverage with both Fire Punch and Wild Charge, but it hits Dragon-types super effectively and provides a recoilless option to hit Murkrow and other Flying-types. Fire Punch is used to hit Snover and Steel-types super effectively. Between Ice Punch and Fire Punch, most of the Grass-types in Little Cup not named Lileep have trouble switching into Elekid. The moveset is wrapped up by Cross Chop, which is vital to hit Scraggy and Porygon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The only thing that might look out of place is the 0 HP IV; however, it is necessary as it halves Life Orb recoil. Life Orb is a necessary evil for Elekid, as otherwise it fails to put much of a dent in any Pokemon with decent physical bulk. There are two other moves to consider, both over Cross Chop. Volt Switch can be used to scout, gain momentum, and make a sort of VoltTurn core with Mienfoo; however, Elekid is usually better off hitting as hard as it can until it is knocked out. Substitute is the other option, providing a buffer against priority and Choice Scarf users. Conversely, note that there are several Choice Scarf users that cannot outspeed Elekid, and if you do not have something on your team that can take priority attacks, you might as well rethink your team.</p>

<p>Elekid has a lot of trouble against bulky Pokemon. There are two ways to deal with this issue: heavy entry hazard support from Ferroseed or Dwebble, or mixed Murkrow. Dwebble doubles as a sponge for priority moves that would threaten Elekid, which is something Bronzor and Misdreavus can also do. Ground-type Pokemon are troublesome as well; Staryu is a recommended teammate to mitigate this weakness. In addition, Staryu can use Rapid Spin, which allows Elekid to switch without fear of entry hazard damage. A way around Chinchou, such as Lileep, Snover, or Croagunk, is also needed, as Elekid will not be breaking through it any time soon. However, do not let any of these necessities dissuade you from using Elekid; many of these requirements are necessary for every team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Elekid can effectively run a Choice Scarf set, as it can outspeed Choice Scarf Murkrow and pretty much every boosted Pokemon in Little Cup, in addition to being able to use Volt Switch to scout. However, this only worsens Elekid's offensive inferiority complex, as the lack of Life Orb makes its lack of attacking power much more obvious. A mixed set, a signature relic of DPP, is also usable, with an EV spread of 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 240 Spe, a Jolly Nature, a Life Orb, and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Cross Chop, and Substitute. However, the previous metagame did not contain mixed Murkrow, which is superior to Elekid in every way due to having more power, better coverage, similar Speed, priority, and usable bulk.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

nice one :)

[gp]2/2[/gp]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)