Biobizbarto vs ThePhalanx (2vs2 singles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Biobizbarto said:
And on that note I'll offer up an open challenge

2 vs. 2 Singles (20 Moves or less)
2 days DQ
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 Recovery, 5 Chills
ASB Arena
ThePhalanx said:
Assuming VentusVictory's edit means this is still open, you're on.
ThePhalanx said:
Thanks for taking this.

Shinx [Mufasa] (Male)
Nature: Naive (+15% Speed, +9% Accuracy, -1 SpD)
Type:
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Abilities:
Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the opposite gender.
Intimidate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.
Guts: (Innate) (DW) [Locked] This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 52 (45*1.15) (+)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Leer
Charge
Bite
Spark
Roar
Swagger

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Night Slash

Wild Charge
Hidden Power [Grass 7]
Volt Switch

Cranidos [Rampant] (Male)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Mold Breaker: (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)
Sheer Force: (Can be Enabled) (DW) [Locked] This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 50 (58/1.15) (-)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Headbutt
Leer
Focus Energy
Pursuit
Take Down
Scary Face
Assurance

Hammer Arm
Iron Head
Crunch

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Biobizbarto said:

Tauros [Hugh Heffer] (Male)
Nature: Naive (+15% Speed, +19% Accuracy, -1 SpD)
Type: Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:

Intimidate: (Can be activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.

Anger Point: (Innate) When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0). Critical hits from self-targeting moves do not activate Anger Point.

Sheer Force (DW): (Can be activated) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 127 (+)
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20

MC:0
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Rage
Horn Attack
Scary Face
Pursuit
Rest
Payback
Stomp
Leer

Body Slam
Zen Headbutt
Outrage

Earthquake
Fire Blast
Rock Slide

Poliwag [Froggy] (Male)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:

Water Absorb: (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Damp: (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Swift Swim (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3(+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 78(-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC:0/9
MC:0
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Water Sport
Bubble
Hypnosis
Water Gun
Doubleslap
Rain Dance
Body Slam
Bubblebeam

Encore
Mud Shot
Refresh

Ice Beam
Psychic
Waterfall
Order of Operations:

Biobizbarto sends out pokemon
ThePhalanx sends out pokemon with orders
Biobizbarto gives orders
I Ref.

"Spiffing indeed another match for my pokemon to partake in ... Let's Start things off with the Classy Cow himself, Hugh Heffer!"

Sending out Hugh Heffer the Tauros

"Classy, aren't we? Very well. Rampant, smash this cow into the dirt!"

"Rawr!"

Hammer Arm - Rock Slide - Hammer Arm

(btw all my pokes have no items)

"Looks like your pachycephalosaurus' knees are buckling there from Hugh's brilliant lime green fur."

Earthquake~Zen Headbutt~Earthquake

Edit: Thanks to Texas Cloverleaf for letting me know I don't have to use an action to activate intimidate upon sending out Tauros!
Edit again: I'll be on a cruise from wednesday to sunday with limited internet access so hopefully there's no problems, but I may need to extend the 2 day DQ this one time if that's possible sorry about that :/

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 100
En: 100
6/2/2/2/50
Other:

Hp: 100
4/3/2/2/127
Other:​

To begin this first round we have Hugh Heffer the Tauros meeting Rampant the Cranidos.

And Hugh Heffer begins by Intimadating the Cranidos with its sheer awesomeness! After that it creates a massive Earthquake that throws Rampant out of balance, making it fall head on on the floor! Wow that is a big hole.

To counter that, Rampant uses its tiny stubby arm to Hammer Arm Tauros for impressive damage! That in exchange for some speed that it won't probably need.

On the second turn Hugh Heffer enters in Zen mode and, cool as cucumber, Headbutts Rampant, probably in an attempt to flinch it. To no avail. The cranidos then counters with a Rock Slide, that would flinch, if it weren't the last move this turn.

Finally, we see a turn 1 redux with Earthquake followed by Hammer Arm with the difference that this time Earthquake managed to get a Critical Hit!.

And the battle so far is really close! let's see how this all pans out.

INTIMIDATE!

Tauros: Earthquake: (10 + 3)*1.5 = 19.5 damage for 7 energy
Crit: 16

Cranidos: Hammer Arm: (10+4)*1.5-1.75= 19.25 damage for 7 energy
Hit: 67
Crit: 8

Tauros: Zen Headbutt: 8 + 3 = 11 damage for 6 energy
Crit: 15
Flinch: 6

Cranidos: Rock Slide: 8 + 3 + 4 -1.75= 13.25 damage for 5 energy
Hit: 57
Crit: 7

Tauros: Earthquake: (10 + 3 + 3)*1.5 = 24 damage for 7 energy
Crit: 1

Cranidos: Hammer Arm: (10+4)*1.5-1.75= 19.25 damage for 7 energy
Hit: 62
Crit: 16

Hp: 45
En: 81
6/2/2/2/50
Other: -3spe

Hp: 48
En: 80
4/3/2/2/127

Biobizbarto's turn

"I must give that Tauros some respect, taking Rampant's blows so well... But can he keep on going for long?"

Rock Slide - HULK SMASH (Hammer Arm + Hammer Arm) - Cooldown (Hammer Arm)

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 45
En: 81
6/2/2/2/50

Hp: 48
En: 80
4/3/2/2/127

Hugh Heffer continues his display of pure manhood as it continues to make the ground shake with Earthquake! Rampant is also capable of dealing damage...but we won't see that this turn as its Rock Slide missed! And that seemed kiiiiinda critical.

The Tauros of pure awesomeness continues to lay down the hurt with yet another Earthquake. Rampant then counters with a massive HULK ARM with those stubby little arms. I bet it would probably KO if it weren't for that unconvenient miss. Hahah.

Hugh Heffer doesn't care for that and seizes the opportunity, ending the combat with a Zen Headbutt that KOes Rampant, proving that he can be calm in the face of a overgrowth fossil that wants to kill it.

Awesome.

Tauros: Earthquake: (10+3)*1.5 = 19.5 damage for 11 energy
Crit: 12

Cranidos: Rock Slide: miss for 5 energy
Hit: 92 (miss)

Tauros: Earthquake: (10+3)*1.5 = 19.5 damage for 15 energy
Crit: 4

Cranidos: Hammer Arm + Hammer Arm: (10*2.25+4)*1.5-1.75= 38 damage for 31.5 energy
Hit: 20 (yes)
Crit: 7

Tauros: Zen Headbutt: 8 + 3 = 11 damage for 6 energy
Crit: doesn't matter
Flinch: doesn't matter

Cranidos fainted!

Hp: KO
En: KO
6/2/2/2/50

Hp: 10
En: 48
4/3/2/2/127

ThePhalanx's turn! (pokemon + actions)

"Ah, well. We win some, we lose some, that's how things are. Unfortunately this means that Mufasa will have to take a hit I didn't really want it to take."

[Intimidate] Wild Charge - Volt Switch - Wild Charge

"My deepest apologies for my absence I hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now Hugh stomp those hooves, shake the earth and let off a Giga Quake!"

Earthquake+Earthquake~Cooldown(Earthquake)~Earthquake

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 90
3/2/2/1/52
Other:

Hp: 10
En: 48
4/3/2/2/127

Werewolfintophat sends out Mufasa the Sphinx to fight against Hugh Heffer! While it, at first, meant a free hit before the Tauros departs, Hugh preferred to give the kiddo a chance to defeat him as he focused on a COMBO. Such manly piety. And the Shinx manages to Knock Tauros Out with a well-timed Wild Charge, evening out the score!

Sphinx: Wild Charge: 8 + 3 = 11 damage for 5.4 energy
-2.66 hp due to recoil

Tauros fainted!

Hp: 87
En: 95
3/2/2/1/52
Other:

4/3/2/2/127

Biobizbarto sends out Poliwag and orders

... totally forgot about the negative priority on a combo whoops

"Uhh good job giving Shinx that recoil damage Hugh! You did a great job! Your turn Froggy!"

Sending out Froggy the Poliwag

Hypnosis~Rain Dance~Waterfall

If hypnosis misses, use it again until it hits and push all actions to the right

"A true gentleman, allowing me to knock out your Tauros and keep the match as even as possible. Thank you, though I appear to have the type advantage here, something I unfortunately can't do anything about. All I can hope now is that Mufasa is a light sleeper."

Feral Charge (Charge + Wild Charge) - Cooldown (Volt Switch) - Wild Charge

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 87
En: 95
3/2/2/1/52
Other:

Hp: 90
3/2/2/2/78

Froggy the newcomer tries to Hypnosis the Shinx by showing it some old slides of its trip to the north pole. But Mufasa was focused on a cute female Shinx and didn't pay attention! The Move missed!. Some time later, as an attempt the impress the female shinx, Mufasa charges up and Wildly attacks the Poliwag with a Combo.

Froggy then tries the Hypnosis again, by showing the video of two ditto battling, but again Mufasa was looking elsewhere, winking at the female shinx why cooling down. The move missed! Again!

On the final turn, Froggy is sick to death of being ignored and dresses up as a Female Shinx to get Mufasa's attention and then Hypnosis it, making the shinx fall asleep for 1 turn! And that turn is now, as Mufasa is soundly asleep, probably dreaming with....food, of course.

Poliwag: Hypnosis for 7 energy
Hit: 87 (nope)

Shinx: Charge + Wild Charge: (8 + 3 + 3 + 1.5)*1.5= 23.25 damage for 25.1 energy
-5.8hp due to recoil
Crit:

Poliwag: Hypnosis for 11 energy
Hit: 98 (oh god lol - miss)

Shinx: cooldown

Poliwag: Hypnosis for 15 energy
Hit: 40 (Finally!)
Duration: 2/3 (1 action)

Shinx: ZZZ

Hp: 81
En: 70
3/2/2/1/52
Other: Charge for 3a, +1SpD for 1r, will wake up next action.

Hp: 67
En: 67
3/2/2/2/78

ThePhalanx's Turn!

"Very unfortunate, BBB... But I can't control Mufasa's natural urges!"

(though where that other Shinx came from I do not know)

Wild Charge - Volt Switch - Wild Charge

Also Frosty I don't know why but your commentary made me laugh so hard... It wasn't even THAT funny.

"Those rogue shinxes ... Shinxi ... Shinx? Whatever it is try always are up to some kind of mischief! No matter Froggy keep up the good work ol' chap!"

Rain Dance~Waterfall~Waterfall

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 81
En: 70
3/2/2/1/52
Other: Charge for 3a, +1SpD for 1r, will wake up next action.

Hp: 67
En: 67
3/2/2/2/78

Good job Shinx, now come back.

"Wait! That was your Shinx!?"

What? Hah. I don't eve- ANYWAY. We are back with this lovely battle watching as Froggy does a pretty Rain Dance summoning a torrential rain to the field. But it doesn't seem that Mufasa is bothered by it, as it attacks with Wild Charge, using the extra electricity it stored a couple actions ago.

On the second turn, Froggy tries to flinch his foe with Waterfall, but fails to do so! Even though he was a bit damaged by the attack, Mufasa was capable was continuing his assault by using Volt Switch to electrify the frog-thinge while getting back to a strategic position.

Finally, we see Froggy trying the Waterfall jing-ma-jing once again and it fails to flinch one more time! Today is not Froggy's Lucky day, that is for sure. Speaking of lucky days, this is probably Mufasa's as its Wild Charge managed to Hit a Weak Spot. Its a Critical Hit and Froggy was KO'd. Mufasa and ThePhalanx win this match!

Poliwag: Rain Dance for 9 energy

Shinx: Wild Charge: (8 + 3 + 3 + 1.5)*1.5= 23.25 damage for 5.4 energy
-5.8hp due to recoil
Crit: 13

Poliwag: Waterfall: 8 + 3 + 3 + 1.5 = 15.5 damage for 5 energy
Crit: 6
Flinch: 7 (no)

Shinx: Volt Switch: (7 + 3 + 3)*1.5= 19.5 damage for 4 energy
Crit: 3

Poliwag: Waterfall: 8 + 3 + 3 + 1.5 = 15.5 damage for 5 energy
Crit: 5
Flinch: 10 (no)

Shinx: Wild Charge: (8 + 3 + 3 + 1.5+3)*1.5= 27.75 damage for 5.4 energy
-5.8hp due to recoil
Crit: 1 (yes)

Poliwag fainted!

Hp: 38
En: 55
3/2/2/1/52
Other:

3/2/2/2/78

Prizes:
Biobizbarto: 2CC
Tauros: 2MC, 1DC, 1KOC
Poliwag: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC

ThePhalanx: 2CC
Cranidos: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC
Shinx: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC, 2KOC

Frosty: 4UC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)