Liepard (swagger) QC [3/3] GP [2/2]

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Liepard

[SET]
name: Swagger
move 1: Swagger
move 2: Thunder Wave / Encore
move 3: Foul Play
move 4: Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Prankster
nature: Timid
evs: 80 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD / 168 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>At first sight, if you find this Liepard on a rival team, you might think this is a most gimmicky and ineffective set. After a couple of turns, however, when you see what it can do to your poor unprepared team, you'll start feeling true fear and pain. You cannot fathom how seriously dangerous this set &mdash;Liepard's best&mdash; is until you've been beaten by it or until you've conquered with it. Foul Play severely damages numerous physical attackers, such as Zangoose, Swellow, and Ursaring, and Liepard can deal with many NU threats such as Banette, Misdreavus, Haunter, Sneasel, Hypno, and itself, checking fairly well Psychic-types like Kadabra and Musharna as long as it can avoid Signal Beam. Thanks to Prankster, Liepard boasts priority Thunder Wave, Swagger and Substitute, allowing it to play mind games and seriously cripple the opposing team with relative ease. These advantages improve Liepard's survivability immensely. Special attackers will generally need either boosted or super effective attacks such as Focus Blast to OHKO it, like Gardevoir and Ampharos, but others are able to easily dispatch it with their powerful attacks, such as Life Orb Samurott and Rotom-Fan. At the very least, this set will trouble sweepers and spread paralysis. At its best, with some skill and luck it will show its true might, sweeping the entirety of unsuspecting teams. It's the only Neverused Dark-type other than Sneasel that outspeeds Haunter as well as other base 90s, such as Zangoose. SubDisable or Sucker Punch Haunter is a force to be reckoned with in NU; thus outspeeding and 2HKOing is important in order to deal with it before it uses Destiny Bond, finishing your Prankster party too early. Whilst weak to them, Liepard might not only survive against but deal with Gurdurr and other Fighting-types, tanking Mach Punch from behind a Substitute and proceeding either to defeat them with Foul Play or Substitute stall and wait for confusion damage, should you predict a switch in and use Swagger. Liepard's Substitute is faster than Mach Punch. You can choose to use Encore instead of Thunder Wave to facilitate Substitute and Swagger setting, making the opponent be stuck in Substitute or a status move, granting you free turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The suggested EV spread gives a Leftovers number and lets Liepard create five Substitutes from full health, granting even more survivability. It is not recommended to change it, though a bulkier, albeit slower, spread with a Calm nature is viable&mdash;however, remember to cover Haunter. Encoring Pokemon into non-damaging moves such as Swords Dance means Liepard can safely set up and potentially KO with Foul Play; at the very least, you have a free turn to either renew your Substitute or Swagger the next switch-in. There aren't many other options for this moveset, with Substitute being necessary for a longer survival. If not using Thunder Wave, Encore is the best option.</p>

<p>Both Gurdurr and Golurk are good options to partner with Liepard, as they can take out the main threats that would otherwise plague Liepard. Gardevoir is a big threat to Liepard, OHKOing with Focus Blast. Calm Mind Gardevoir will 2HKO with Signal Beam as well. Thus it's important not to switch into it unless you know it's Choice-locked into Psychic; Liepard is generally a good check at best. If Liepard is using Encore, some Gardevoir variants might be Encored into Substitute, allowing for free turns. Once you manage to switch in and set up against Gardevoir, Foul Play will hit for 67-76% on 4 HP Gardevoir, so with hazard support it can be successfully defeated on the switch-in. Own Tempo Lickilicky is the other main counter to this set, ignoring confusion and gaining a free Attack boost from Swagger. It's best to paralyze it and switch to a Ghost- or Fighting-type that can successfully defeat it. It should be noted that, after Stealth Rock damage, both Duosion and Musharna will 2HKO this Liepard with Signal Beam too, so you should take care if you see these foes in Team Preview. Limber Liepard, whilst not as good, counters this set somewhat effectively thanks to its immunity to paralysis.</p>

Old Quality Control text:
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Looks gimmicky, but it's surprisingly effective and probably Liepard's best set. You cannot fathom how serious and dangerous this set is until you've been beaten by it.
  • Foul Play damages severly all physical attackers and it can deal with many NU threats thanks to typing.
  • With some skill and luck it might sweep entire teams. At the very least it'll give problems to the main sweepers and spread paralysis.
  • Only NU dark type to outspeed Haunter with the suggested EV spread. SubDisable or Sucker Punch Haunter is to be reckoned, thus outspeeding and 2HKOing is very important to deal with him before he uses Destiny Bond in some variants.
  • Thanks to priority Substitute, speed reduction and chance of not moving, great survivability.
  • Can deal with Gurdurr and other fighting types, tanking Mach Punch and proceeding either to defeat him with Foul Play or substitute stalling waiting for confusion damage. Substitute is faster than mach punch.
  • Might use Encore instead of Thunder Wave to facilitate Substitute and swagger setting. Encoring some Pokémon into moves such as Substitute, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Bulk Up or other non damaging moves means Liepard can safely set up and deal enough Foul Plays to dismiss said Pokémon. At the very least you'll get a free turn to either renew your Substitute or throw a Swagger to the next switch-in.
  • Offensive Gardevoir will OHKO with Focus Blast, should it not miss. Calm Mind Gardevoir will 2HKO with Signal Beam. Its thus important to not to switch into it unless you know it's going to use psychic. If Liepard is using Encore, some variants might be encored to Substitute. Once managed to switch in or set up against Gardevoir, Foul Play will hit for 67-76% on 4Hp Gardevoir. With hazard support she might be successfully defeated.
  • Outspeeds Zangoose and other base 90s.
  • Special attackers have little chance against him.
  • Own Tempo Lickilicky is the main counter to this set. It's best to paralyse it and switch to a ghost / fighting type. Both Gurdurr and Golurk are good teammates.
  • After rocks, both Duosion and Musharna 2HKO with Signal Beam. Take care.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EV spread to maximise leftovers number and substitute stalling.
  • Might use bulkier albeit slower spread and Calm for more bulk, thought it's not recommended if you need to cover Haunter.
  • There's not many options for the moveset, substitute is necessary for a greater survival. Encore is the best option instead of using Thunder Wave.
  • Might use more speed EVs on Timid nature to outspeed Raticate.
  • Golurk is a good teammate as he can take incoming fighting attacks.
  • Limber Liepard, whilst not as good, counters this set.
  • Prone to ragequits.

Totally legit set, I started using Lickilicky and 0 Attack IVs for special attackers just because of Liepard!!! (Check my sig for most epic battle ever) :P

Also you might want to add some speed EVs so you can be faster to things when using Foul Play. I use 128 with positive nature to outspeed Zangoose and other base max speed 90s.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
At best, this set can 6-0 unprepared teams on its own; at it's worst, it can stop a rampant sweeper with Prankster Thunder Wave. Probably one of the best sets Liepard can run, and tbh, I think this should go before Nasty Plot, based on my experiences against both. Sassy nature really shouldn't be a slash when it serves next to no purpose, so remove that.

I'm debating whether it's worth using a faster EV spread so that Foul Play can be used against faster targets more effectively. 92 HP / 252 SpD / 164 Spe Timid can be used to outspeed Haunter while retaining maximum Special bulk, although whether you can revenge kill Haunter with uninvested base 50 Attack is questionable.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You're both right, I guess best set would run Calm and some speed EVs to outspeed some key rivals such as Haunter, thanks for the input, erisia. At the very least Liepard can t-wave the whole opposing team which seriously criples them.

Maybe suggest both full defensive and a faster spread to deal with different teams?

Some haunter calcs:
0 Atk Liepard (-Atk) Foul Play vs 252 HP/252 Def Haunter (+Def) : 45,92% - 55,1% (2-3 hits to KO)

0 Atk Liepard (-Atk) Foul Play vs 252 HP/0 Def Haunter: 68,37% - 80,61% (2 hits to KO)

0 Atk Liepard (-Atk) Foul Play vs 0 HP/0 Def Haunter: 96,1% - 114,29% (81,25% chance to OHKO)

Joim

Pixels matter
This set pops up pretty often in randbats on PS and my opinion on it is that it completely and utterly sucks.
Switching out nullifies the main move, anynthing with recovery and status moves/abilities (Heal Bell, Rest, Aromatheraphy, Regenerator, Natural Cure, etc.) walls this set indefenitely, Foul Play is not only inconsistent but it's even exploitable.

A common scenario is a Guts (bonus points if it's fighting-type) mon switching on Swagger, gets a free +2 atk boost, confusion doesn't roll in your favor and said mon sweeps your team.

This set should be mentioned in Other Options, but it's too gimmicky to warrant its own analysis.
Well, paralyse + sub gives you some chances that the fighting type will 2hko itself with confusion hits. Obviously you can't use this set recklessly but it still works better than NP, also prankster t-wave is always welcome in a team.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Calcs seem good enough for Haunter to warrant 164 Spe. Speedy is probably the better spread so that you can revenge kill more stuff without hax if necessary. Having a Leftovers number is also important for efficient Substitute stalling, so go with 76 or 80 HP EVs for a stat of 288 or 289. The rest can be put in Defense, or Speed for the rare Raticate.

Also, you can't really say anything walls this set indefinitely if it only has a 50% chance of using a recovery/healing move. Own Tempo Lickilicky obviously has an advantage against Liepard, so it should definitely be mentioned as a counter. Amoonguss and Alomomola can also just switch round indefinitely, but will probably get paralysed in the process. Other than that, there's not a whole lot of Pokemon that aren't disrupted by Liepard.

And Rayquaza, frankly, if you play correctly with Liepard, you won't be swept by Guts mons. Let's start with Swellow. Say it switches into Swagger and gets the Attack boost. Liepard can just stall with Substitute from full health until Swellow hits itself (having between 3 and 5 Substitutes broken is not a "common scenario" through basic probability). Confusion damage + Toxic Recoil + Stealth Rock is going to KO Swellow long before it can land a hit, even if Liepard isn't at full health. Meanwhile, if Swellow switches into Thunder Wave and isn't already statused, Foul Play outspeeds and OHKO's (100.38 - 118.39%). The most dangerous scenario is it switching into Liepard when it's already statused, but if Liepard is it full health, Stealth Rock + Toxic Recoil will almost kill Swellow on its own, and you can just make a tactical switch into its final attack.

Next, Gurdurr. If it switches into Swagger, just Substitute stall until it hits itself. Substitute goes before Mach Punch, so it can't try and play around you with that. +2 Foul Play still deals an okay 29.94 - 35.29%, providing some useful chip damage when you manage to keep your Substitute unbroken. If it switches into Thunder Wave, then just switch into your Psychic type and kill it as it does pitiful damage with Mach Punch. If you're running Liepard without a Fighting-type response on your team, that's the fault of your teambuilding, not of Liepard itself.

Ursaring is completely helpless as it gets outsped and OHKO'd by either +0 Guts Foul Play or +2 Foul Play.

That leaves Raticate (fares similarly well to Ursaring), Throh, and Machoke. If you're trying to take down Throh with a Liepard, you're doing it wrong.

The scary thing about this set is that it's not gimmicky. The majority of the time, unless its user keeps switching Liepard into attacks or Swaggers a Pokemon that's staying in, hoping desperately for Confusion, it will be able to disrupt pretty much any offensive Pokemon in the metagame. Even just firing off Prankster Thunder Wave is good enough to stop most sweeps. The key is knowing when to use Swagger and when it's safer to use other moves.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Swagger Liepard is the best and most effective set that Liepard has available to it. Every other set that Liepard can run is average at best and atrocious at worst. I know that such a set would be gimmicky on any other Pokemon, but you have to understand that we're already dealing with a Pokemon that is gimmicky in nature and sub-par overall. Furthermore, please do not comment on a set for a metagame that you do not play. Liepard is devastating in NU when it gets the coin flips right (and even occasionally when it does not), and this set is its best chance for success. This should be emphasized in the set description, when it is written.

--

I have quite a lot to say about your admittedly brief skeleton (read: I have a lot for you to add and change) but I don't have the time to put it in writing right now so you'll have to wait just a little while until I can get it to you. Thanks for picking this up!

Joim

Pixels matter
Thanks for your input, really helpful and complete! I'll preffer Defense and the speed EVs to outspeed Haunter, but EVs to outspeed Raticate could for sure be mentioned in the set description!

It looks gimmicky but, yeah, it's really its best set.

Priority sub will allow you to hit some Foul Play and in the end it's most likely rival Pokémon will get hurt. There's confusion chance and paralyse chance.

I have quite a lot to say about your admittedly brief skeleton (read: I have a lot for you to add and change) but I don't have the time to put it in writing right now so you'll have to wait just a little while until I can get it to you. Thanks for picking this up!
I'm edditing it now after reading all the replys again, I'll update it anyways with all the input you can write :)

I'll try to write this set as good as possible!

erisia

Innovative new design!
For the EV spread, I meant 80 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD / 164 Spe; you have far too may EVs in your current spread. -_-

EDIT: Also, a Timid nature is required to outspeed Timid Haunter, which is standard. So it should be the primary nature.

Joim

Pixels matter
For the EV spread, I meant 80 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD / 164 Spe; you have far too may EVs in your current spread. -_-
Mistake when editting, should've double checked it! Sorry and thanks for tipping me about it!

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
encore can go over thunder wave or sub to help it get more chances to status the opponent. one problem with liepard is that the opponent still has a good chance to kill you unless you can paralyze and confuse them at the same time, and encore can help you do that.

Joim

Pixels matter
encore can go over thunder wave or sub to help it get more chances to status the opponent. one problem with liepard is that the opponent still has a good chance to kill you unless you can paralyze and confuse them at the same time, and encore can help you do that.
I find the speed drop and para chance to be too useful for Liepard, but I think it's a good idea to add Encore to a slash!

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think Timid 168 Speed (Yours is listed as 164 which only speed ties with Haunter) is the best way to go with Liepard as outspeeding Haunter and OHKOing is a pretty big deal. Liepard is the only Dark-type Pokemon in NU capable of actually outspeeding Haunter which is something Absol and even Skuntank wish they could do without being forced into mindgames. (Absol in a SubDisable/Sucker Punch mind game and Skunk has to deal with possible HP Ground or Destiny Bond Haunter)

Calm isn't as much of an useful nature because Duosion and Musharna's Signal Beam will both 2HKO with Stealth Rock on the field anyways. I would say remove this.

"Totally wrecks Gardevoir." ~ Not really true at all as the Offensive Gardevoir sets will OHKO with Focus Blast and the Calm Mind variants 2HKO with Signal Beam on the switch. Just mention that if Liepard has Encore it can lock some Gardevoir variants into Substitute. Also add in that if Liepard does manage to get in safely it can Foul Play for a healthy 67-76% on 4 HP Gardevoir.

Also mention how useful Encore on Liepard is since it has many uses. Encore can be used to lock Pokemon into various moves such as Substitute, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Bulk Up--you name it-- and instantly give yourself the advantage in the form of a free turn to disrupt.

So in total:
  • Change spread to: 80 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD / 168 Spe with Timid (Remove Calm)
  • Mention why outspeeding Haunter is important
  • Remove that it counters Gardevoir
  • Mention the many uses of Encore

Joim

Pixels matter
I edited the first post. I usually use rocks and spikes, so my impression was that switching into psychic Gardevoir and either paralysing, encoring or swaggering plus high miss chance for Focus Blast would let you to defeat her safely. Once the sub is set up, Gardevoir switch in will have trouble, if any possibility at all, to defeat Liepard.

Anyways I explained everything, I hope it's ok :)

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok. Just make sure to capitalize that it does not counter Gardevoir, but can check it fairly decently.

[QC]2/3[/QC]

Amateur check, as requested.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>At first sight, if you find this Liepard in a rival team, you willmight think this is a most gimmicky uand ineffective set. But then, aAfter a couple of turns, however, when you see what it can do to your poor unprepared team, you'll start feeling true fear and pain. You cannot fathom how serious andly dangerous this set, &mdash;Liepard's best, &mdash;is until you've been beaten by it or until you've conquered with it. Foul Play damages severely damages all physical attackers and it can deals with many NeverusedU threats thanks to its Dark typing. Thanks to Prankster, Liepard is boastings priority Thunder Wave, Swagger, and Substitute, allowing himit to play mind games and to seriously cripple rival'sthe opposing team with relative ease. These advantages grant Liepard great survivability too, something it lacks otherwise lacks. Special attackers have little chance against himit unless they pack Focus Blast. At the very least, this set will give problems to the main sweepers and spread paralysis on the rivalaround the opposing team. At its best, with some skill and luck it will show its bright and itstrue might, sweeping the entirety of unsuspecting teams. He's the onlye and one Neverused dly NU Dark -type that manages to outspeed Haunter with the suggested EV spread, which is a great trait, alongsidend can outspeeding Zangoose and other base 90s too. SubDisable or Sucker Punch Haunter is a force to be reckoned, with in NU; thus, outspeeding and 2HKOing is veryt is important in order to deal with himit before heit uses Destiny Bond in some variants, finishing your pPrankster party too early. Whilst weak to them, Liepard might not only survive but deal with Gurdurr and other fFighting -types, tanking Mach Punch and proceeding either to defeat him with Foul Play or sSubstitute stalling and waiting for confusion damage, should you predict a switch in and use Swagger. Liepard's Substitute is faster than mMach pPunch. You might choose to use Encore instead of Thunder Wave to facilitate Substitute and sSwagger setting, making anthe opponent be stuck in Substitute or a status move, granting you free turns.</p>

<p>As a main threat, to Liepard is offensive Gardevoir, which will OHKO with Focus Blast, should it not miss. Calm Mind Gardevoir will 2HKO too with Signal Beam. Its thuThus, it's important to not to switch into it unless you know it's going to use pPsychic or if it's Psychic-choiced; Liepard can act as a check at best. If Liepard is using Encore, some Gardevoir variants might be encored into Substitute, allowing for free turns. Once you manage to switch in or set up against Gardevoir, Foul Play will hit for 67-76% on 4Hp HP Gardevoir, so with hazard support she might be successfully defeated even on the switch-in. Own Tempo Lickilicky is the other main counter to this set, ignoring confusion and gaining attack free Attack boost from Swagger. It's best to paralysze it and switch to a gGhost- or fFighting -type that can successfully defeat it. It should be noted that, after rocks, both Duosion and Musharna 2HKO this Liepard with Signal Beam too, so you should take care if you see thisese foes among your rival'sthe opposing team. Limber Liepard, whilst not as good, counters this set somewhat effectively thanks to its immunity to paralyseis.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Liepard will gladly takeappreciates help from teammates, &mdash;both Gurdurr and Golurk are good options to team uppartner with Liepard, since they can take out the main threats that would otherwise plague Liepard.</p>

<p>The suggested EV spread is meant to maximisze Leftovers recovery and Substitute stalling, granting even more survivability. NIt is not recommended to change it, even though you might usea bulkier albeit slower spread and Calm for more bulk, with a Calm nature is possible&mdash;however, remember to cover Haunter. Encoring some Pokéemon into moves such as Substitute, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, or other non -damaging moves means Liepard can safely set up and deal enough Foul Plays to dismiss said Pokemon. At the very least you'll get a free turn to either renew your Substitute or throw a Swagger to the next switch-in. There's no aren't many other options for theis moveset and, with Substitute isbeing necessary for a greatlonger survival. Encore is the best option instead of using Thunder WaveIf not using Thunder Wave, Encore is the best option.</p>

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>At first sight, if you find this Liepard in a rival team, you might think this is a most gimmicky and ineffective set. After a couple of turns, however, when you see what it can do to your poor unprepared team, you'll start feeling true fear and pain. You cannot fathom how seriously dangerous this set&mdash;Liepard's best&mdash;is until you've been beaten by it or until you've conquered with it. Foul Play severely damages all physical attackers (such as?) and deals with many NU threats thanks to its Dark typing (such as?). Thanks to Prankster, Liepard boasts priority Thunder Wave, Swagger, and Substitute, allowing it to play mind games and seriously cripple the opposing team with relative ease. These advantages grantimprove Liepard great's survivability too, soimmething it otherwise lacksly. Special attackers have little chance against it unless they pack Focus Blast (such as?). At the very least, this set will give ptroublems to sweepers and spread paralysis around the opposing team. At its best, with some skill and luck, it will show its true might, sweeping the entirety of unsuspecting teams. HeIt's the one and only NUeverused Dark-type that manages to outspeeds Haunter with as well as othe suggested EV spread, whir base 90s, such is a great trait, and can outspeed Zangoose and other base 90s too. SubDisable or Sucker Punch Haunter is a force to be reckoned with in NU; thus, outspeeding and 2HKOing it is important in order to deal with it before it uses Destiny Bond, finishing your Prankster party too early. Whilst weak to them, Liepard might not only survive against but deal with Gurdurr and other Fighting-types, tanking Mach Punch and proceeding either to defeat hithem with Foul Play or Substitute stalling and waiting for confusion damage, should you predict a switch in and use Swagger. Liepard's Substitute is faster than Mach Punch. You mightcan choose to use Encore instead of Thunder Wave to facilitate Substitute and Swagger setting, making the opponent be stuck in Substitute or a status move, granting you free turns.</p>

(move to the bottom of AC)

<p>A mainGardevoir is a big threat to Liepard is offensive Gardevoir, which will OHKOing with Focus Blast should it not miss. Calm Mind Gardevoir will 2HKO too with Signal Beam. Thus, it's important to not to switch into it unless you know it's going to use Psychic or if it'sChoice-locked into Psychic-choiced; Liepard can act as ais generally a good check at best. If Liepard is using Encore, some Gardevoir variants might be encored into Substitute, allowing for free turns. Once you manage to switch in or set up against Gardevoir, Foul Play will hit for 67-76% on 4 HP Gardevoir, so with hazard support she mightcan be successfully defeated even on the switch-in. Own Tempo Lickilicky is the other main counter to this set, ignoring confusion and gaining a free Attack boost from Swagger. It's best to paralyze it and switch to a Ghost- or Fighting-type that can successfully defeat it. It should be noted that, after rStealth Rocks damage, both Duosion and Musharna will 2HKO this Liepard with Signal Beam too, so you should take care if you see these foes among the opposing t Team Preview. Limber Liepard, whilst not as good, counters this set somewhat effectively thanks to its immunity to paralysis.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

(again, bottom of AC. merge it with the above para, this one at the top)

<p>Liepard appreciates help from teammates&mdash;both Gurdurr and Golurk are good options to partner with Liepard, asince they can take out the main threats that would otherwise plague Liepard.</p>

<p>The suggested EV spread is meant to maximizegives a Leftovers recovnumbery and lets it create 5 Substitute stallings from full health, granting even more survivability. It is not recommended to change it, though a bulkier albeit slower spread with a Calm nature is possiviable&mdash;however, remember to cover Haunter. Encoring some Pokemon into non-damaging moves such as Substitute, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, or other non-damaging moves means Liepard can safely set up and deal enougpotentially KO with Foul Plays to dismiss said Pokemon. A; at the very least, you'll get have a free turn to either renew your Substitute or throw a Swagger to the next switch-in. There aren't many other options for this moveset, with Substitute being necessary for a longer survival. If not using Thunder Wave, Encore is the best option.</p>

hi this is checked over a CP version of rory's check. could you implement his first, then put mine in?

there are probably things we missed, but i really didn't want to rewrite this where i could avoid it.

consider this [gp]1/2[/gp]

Joim

Pixels matter
Thanks, guys!
Wow, I slipped way more than I thought I would. Well, I think there's nothing left to edit from your checks, so it's ready for the last one.

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>At first sight, if you find this Liepard in on a rival team, you might think this is a most gimmicky and ineffective set. After a couple of turns, however, when you see what it can do to your poor unprepared team, you'll start feeling true fear and pain. You cannot fathom how seriously dangerous this set &mdash;Liepard's best&mdash; is until you've been beaten by it or until you've conquered with it. Foul Play severely damages all numerous physical attackers (add comma) such as Zangoose, Swellow, Ursaring, and Raticate (use a different example here or just the first three you listed; Raticate isn't common enough or good enough to be worth mentioning), and deals with many NU threats thanks to its Dark typing such as Banette, Misdreavous Misdreavus, Haunter, Sneasel, and Hypno, and itself, (I'm removing Sneasel and Liepard from your list because this seemed to be referring to things that are hit hard by Foul Play and those two resist the move; if you were referring to Liepard being able to deal with those Pokemon instead, change to "and Liepard can deal with many NU threats..." and leave those examples in if you want) checking fairly well Psychic types Psychic-types like Kadabra or and Musharna while avoiding as long as Liepard/it (use Liepard if you leave it as "and deals with many NU threats...", use it if you change it to "Liepard can deal with many NU threats...") can avoid Signal Beam. Thanks to Prankster, Liepard boasts priority Thunder Wave, Swagger (add comma) and Substitute, allowing it to play mind games and seriously cripple the opposing team with relative ease. These advantages improve Liepard's survivability immensely. Special attackers have little chance against it unless they pack Focus Blast, like Gardevoir or and Ampharos (I'm not sure I agree with this; Samurott, for instance, has a 50% chance to OHKO with Life Orb Hydro Pump even without any previous damage, and even Scarf 252 SpA neutral nature Rotom-F does about 41% minimum with Volt Switch; given this set has no recovery other than leftovers and Liepard has 64/50 special bulk, I don't think it's fair to say special attackers need super effective attacks to have a chance against it; either change this sentence to reflect this (maybe mention how special attackers generally need to hit Liepard with super effective or boosted attacks to OHKO it instead) or remove it). At the very least, this set will trouble sweepers and spread paralysis. At its best, with some skill and luck it will show its true might (add comma) sweeping the entirety of unsuspecting teams. It's the only Neverused Dark-type other than Sneasel that outspeeds Haunter as well as other base 90s, such as Zangoose. SubDisable or Sucker Punch Substitute Haunter is a force to be reckoned with in NU; thus outspeeding and 2HKOing it is important in order to deal with it before it uses Destiny Bond, finishing your Prankster party too early. Whilst weak to them, Liepard might not only survive against but deal with Gurdurr and other Fighting-types, tanking Mach Punch from behind a Substitute (clarifying this because Gurdurr can OHKO with Iron Fist Mach Punch even without Stealth Rock and always does with it; Guts also has a chance with Stealth Rock in play) and proceeding either to defeat them with Foul Play or substitute stalling and waiting Substitute stall and wait for confusion damage, should you predict a switch in and use Swagger. Liepard's Substitute is faster than Mach Punch. You can choose to use Encore instead of Thunder Wave to facilitate Substitute and Swagger setting, making the opponent be stuck in Substitute or a status move, granting you free turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The suggested EV spread gives a Leftovers number and lets it Liepard create 5 five Substitutes from full health, granting even more survivability. It is not recommended to change it, though a bulkier (add comma) albeit slower (add comma) spread with a Calm nature is viable&mdash;however, remember to cover Haunter. Encoring Pokemon into non-damaging moves such as Swords Dance means Liepard can safely set up and potentially KO with Foul Play; at the very least, you have a free turn to either renew your Substitute or Swagger the next switch-in. There aren't many other options for this moveset, with Substitute being necessary for a longer survival. If not using Thunder Wave, Encore is the best option.</p>

<p>Liepard appreciates help from teammates &mdash; both Both Gurdurr and Golurk are good options to partner with Liepard, as they can take out the main threats that would otherwise plague Liepard. Gardevoir is a big threat to Liepard, OHKOing with Focus Blast. Calm Mind Gardevoir will 2HKO too with Signal Beam as well. Thus it's important to not to switch into it unless you know it's Choice-locked into Psychic; Liepard is generally a good check at best. If Liepard is using Encore, some Gardevoir variants might be encored Encored into Substitute, allowing for free turns. Once you manage to switch in or and set up against Gardevoir, Foul Play will hit for 67-76% on 4 HP Gardevoir, so with hazard support she it can be successfully defeated on the switch-in. Own Tempo Lickilicky is the other main counter to this set, ignoring confusion and gaining a free Attack boost from Swagger. It's best to paralyze it and switch to a Ghost Ghost- or Fighting-type that can successfully defeat it. It should be noted that, after Stealth Rocks Rock damage, both Duosion and Musharna will 2HKO this Liepard with Signal Beam too, so you should take care if you see these foes in Team Preview. Limber Liepard, whilst not as good, counters this set somewhat effectively thanks to its immunity to paralyse paralysis.</p>

[gp]2/2[/gp]

Joim

Pixels matter
Thanks, melvni!
I think everything's done now. Unless someone can see a glaring mistake, I think it's ready!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)