Wobbuffet should be used more! (OU team)

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Specially defensive Wobb does better than defensive Wobb in this meta, due to the large amount of SpAtk being thrown around on weather teams. I know with the number of pogeys with Volt Switch and U-Turn Wobb isn't the Uber it once was, but I truly believe that it should be at least mid-OU. It still traps and kills a bunch of things, including any and all weather makers, plus is a great asset in allowing other things set up by Encore-ing stat boosts or something like Toxic or Substitute.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My preferred lead. It has enough bulk to survive a hit or two, is fast enough to outspeed most non-Scarf'd pogeys, and is strong enough to finish out the game once all the fliers or Levitate/Balloons are gone. Superpower hasn't seen much use, so I might find something else for that slot.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Trickgross is, to state it mildly, gross. Absolutely no one expects Trick on Metagross, and this allows an embarrassing number of non-Physical sweepers getting a Choice Band stuck on them. Other than that, losing a move slot to use for more coverage hurts, but it's still one of the hardest hitting dudes in OU.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

I'm in a weird place with Keldeo-R right now. On one hand, it's a great anti-Rain pogey, able to sweep through entire teams with a Rain boosted CM'd Hydro Pump with not much effort. On the other hand, it just sorta dies too easy. I've been thinking about replacing it with Tentacruel, but I don't know.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Mostly here as a way to wipe other weather out, T-Tar is still a pretty powerful option. People seem to always forget Pursuit, and I've gotten more than a few free kills out of it. It does seem to get burned a unfortunately large amount of the time, though.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

One of my favorites since Gen 1, Magic Guard Alakazam is, simply put, the nuts. Being able to switch into Encored Toxic or Will-O-Wisp with Sandstorm and Stealth Rocks up without being afraid of basically anything while being able to outspeed most anything and kill it dead, Alakazam is a very powerful Special attacker. Used to have Calm Mind but I dropped it because frankly it didn't need it.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hi there, wobba is certainly an underrated so threath so props for using it!

However,i think some of your sets should be changed, and i have some ideas to improve your team. First, i think your wobba set needs some changes. I think you can benefit more from Tickle over destiny bond, and now ill explain why. Tickle lets you drop the defense of some things you will trap - like Blissey, Chansey, Politoed, Ninetales - and this in conjunction with Pursuit tyranitar will let you trapkill them so you dont have to care about those thing for the rest of the battle. Now i think that an another change is pretty necessary, Encore Wobbuffet is not going to outspeed anything, so you should invest a lot of evs in speed, possibly 252 with a timid nature. This is your only way to outspeed and encore slow walls like Blissey, Skarmory, Politoed and so many other things, so that you can encore them into something and then take advantage of the free turn to switch out on a certain pokemon and setup some calm mind/whatever else.

Now, i think both Metagross and Alakazam should be changed. I dont think Metagross has too much to offer, and a choice band set here its just outclassed by Scizor, while the defensive sets are better with Jirachi/Ferrothorn. Honestly here, i would use a specially defensive Jirachi with Iron head / Body slam / Wish / u-turn. Jirachi is an overall better pokemon, with the same typing but with a great support move in the form of Wish, and u-turn. Wish here is really needed because it lets you heal Wobba and all your other members, and in conjunction with u-turn its even easier. U-turn here also helps a lot because it lets you trap more things that likes to switch into jirachi, like Bulky water, Ninetales, Skarmory and so on. Once you u-turn on those thing, you can ecnore/tickle them with wobba, so you dont have to care about them anymore. The other two moves are standard, they lets you paralize and hax your opponent to death with iron head.

Now, i would change your alakazam set to a Calm mind one. Calm mind / Shadow ball / Focus Blast / Psichic is all you need in term of coverage. This will let you abuse of the fast encore of wobba to setup a calm mind and wreak things, its also good because tickle wobba makes sure chansey will not be a problem, so you dont have to run psyshock anymore. It has to be noticed that alakazam is frail as hell - even resisted moves can murder it - so a change in your item is necessary. Life orb doesnt give you any extra kos since you can use calm mind, while focus sash will make you sure to survive at least one it. Alakazam is one of the few pokemon that can run a sash set effectively, thanks to its ability that makes it immune to hazards. It can also come in handy to revenge kill stuff in a pinch, since you can resist a +6 anything.

One last thing, dont use Hidden power ghost Keldeo. All the things you want to hit with Hp ghost are already trapkilled by tyranitar, so you might use Hidden power ice, because it has a better coverage to hit Dragon types that seems problematic for keldeo otherwhise.

I hope i helped. You can find the list of changes below.

Destiny bond---> Tickle
Move your Hp into Speed, put Timid nature

-->
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

Hidden power fire--> Calm mind
Psyshock--> Psichic
Life orb--> Focus sash

Hidden power ghost--> Hidden power ice

Hi Chaos!
Nice team here, not a lot of teams use Wobbuffet, and i like it. Let's start.
First of all, I think the core Tyranitar + keldeo must be supported better, perhaps adding a combination of Volturn given by Scizor + Rotom, which in this team I see very well, especially because it allows you to maintain good pressure on the opposing team, without momentium lose, and can also facilitate the entry of Wobbuffet to trap something that bothers you, such as Politoed or Ninetales, in order to put them out of the game and impose your weather. With the ban of Tornadus-t, A very dangerous core it is developing into the metagame, made up by Terrakion, Keldeo and Lucario, and that is why I would like to maximize HP and Def of Rotom, in order to minimize the damage, although unfortunately, not much. I also suggest you max Speed Wobbuffet, because you can encore easy Walls such as Ferrothorn.

Landorus-t scarf is not the best set I think you could use, partly because it is also slower than the normal form, and you can't take advantage, and that is why I recommend the double dancer, because if it is used well it hurts , and perhaps with the Yache Berry, in order to halve the damage from ice (Ice Shard Mamoswine), and you be able to take out in order to have a less bothersome. Or you can replace with Latias, so that Pokèmon as Venusaur under the sun can not give much trouble, because after a Growth at +2, can create you serious problems for the team.

Else, change the EV spread Tyranitar in the classical one, in order to have the support of Ice Beam or Fire Blast, your choice. The first allows you to hit the now rare Gliscor, the second hard hitting Ferrothorn or Steels such as Skarmory.

Resuming changes.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

|
|
|
v
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Trick

|
|
|
v

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Quick Attack

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

|
|
|
v

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Hope it helps ^^

Nice looking team Chaos Pudding, I also use Wobbuffet :) and its a beast. Now, onto the rate. Note that all movesets are at the bottom.

I agree with the previous suggestions and I think you should try using Tickle and a faster EV spread on Wobbuffet. With max speed, Wobbuffet can outspeed slow walls such as Ferrothorn, Slowbro and the blobs and Encore them into a useless move, allowing you to Tickle them and Pursuit trap them with Tyranitar, removing them from the game. Alternatively, you can simply set up on them with a pokemon I am going to mention further down.

Next, I suggest switching around the roles that Tyranitar, Keldeo and Landorus-T play. In order to reduce the amount of times Wobbuffet will have to Tickle opposing walls, I suggest you use Choice Band Tyranitar. Not only this, but Tyranitar is an extremely powerful wallbreaker in its own right, threatening a 2HKO on even Skarmory with Stone Edge. With Tyranitar now holding Choice Band, Stealth Rock becomes a poor option on it. So I suggest using a defensive Landorus-T to set up Stealth Rock. Landorus-T can provide Intimidate support and a slow U-Turn to help switch in its teammates without taking damage while providing a solid answer to Terrakion and slowing down almost any physical sweeper. So Keldeo will fill the role of revenge killer by holding a Choice Scarf to outspeed almost everything in the current metagame, even +1 dragons are revenge killed with ease. Keldeo is still strong enough to counter rain teams and even sweep on occasion when water resists are gone.

Finally, the last two pokemon look slightly out of place, especially Metagross. Everything Metagross can do, Jirachi can do just as well or better. However, my suggestions for the final two team slots are Ferrothorn and Latios, specifically choice Specs Latios. Ferrothorn is useful for countering the ever-present dragons without having to sac so Keldeo can revenge kill. Ferrothorn slows down rain and sets up Spikes, very important for Latios. Finally, Latios is your designated late-game cleaner, when the opponents team is weakened Latios will finish the game there and then. Latios is also your best hope against Breloom, after Sleep Clause is activated that is.

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 224 Def / 76 SDef / 180 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Tickle
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)