Double Commentary for Double Battle!!?? (featuring Hyperbeem)

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
How's it going folks! This month I'm bringing you something special: TWO warstories, both of which are double battles! Even more special, my opponents are also commentating in this match! Both take place in the NU Doubles minitour, and it wasn't easy trying to climb to the top (spoilers: runner-up :P), but these battles gave me something to remember. Let the first match commence!

Punchshroom joined.
Hyperbeem joined.
Format:
Smogon Doubles
Sleep Clause: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned

Punchshroom's team:
/
/
/
/
/

Hyperbeem's team:
/
/
/
/
/

His use of slow pokemon implies he's using Trick Room as well. Since Musharna makes an awesome lead due to its tremendous bulk and support, I lead with my Beheeyem and Gurdurr so I can stop Musharna's Trick Room and Psychic with Beheeyem's Imprison so Gurdurr can wreak havoc unhindered.

Hyperbeem: gl hf
Hyperbeem: :)
Punchshroom: gl too :)
Battle between Punchshroom and Hyperbeem started!
Go! Beheeyem!
Go! Gurdurr!
Hyperbeem sent out Exeggutor!
Hyperbeem sent out Misdreavus!
100%
100%

100%
100%
Unfortunately no Musharna lead, but an Exeggutor who outpaces Beheeyem and can threaten with Sleep Powder on the alien or Psychic Gurdurr before I can stop it. Nevertheless, I decide to initiate Trick Room in the belief his dudes are faster than mine.

Since his team is Trick Room as well, setting it up is a waste of a move. I decide to get some damage on Beeheyem and sleep it.

Turn 1
The foe's Misdreavus used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective! Beheeyem lost 54% of its health!
Gurdurr used Ice Punch!
[DEBUG] Iron Fist boost.
It's super effective! The foe's Exeggutor lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Exeggutor used Sleep Powder!
Beheeyem fell asleep!
Beheeyem ate its Lum Berry!
Beheeyem woke up!
Beheeyem used Trick Room!
Beheeyem twisted the dimensions!
The foe's Exeggutor restored HP using its Leftovers!
l
46%
100% l
TRICK ROOM

l
100%
43% l
Gurdurr deals a hefty blow on Exeggutor while Beheeyem evades sleep thanks to Lum Berry, survives Shadow Ball and sets up Trick Room. Now I have Beheeyem Protect itself to stall Misdreavus while Gurdurr takes care of Eggy.

Psychic should get rid of Gurdurr and Shadow Ball can get rid of Lum Beeheyem. Looking pretty positive so far.

Turn 2
Beheeyem used Protect!
Beheeyem protected itself!
The foe's Exeggutor used Psychic!
It's super effective! Gurdurr lost 100% of its health!
Gurdurr fainted!
Beheeyem protected itself!
The foe's Exeggutor restored HP using its Leftovers!
Go! Octillery!
l Protect->((
46%))
100% l
0%
TRICK ROOM

l
100%
50% l
I made a huge error here. I did not run min speed on Gurdurr in order to outpace other Trick Room sweepers and failed to notice Gurdurr outsped Eggy turn one, meaning Trick Room backfired on me. I try to get back in the game with my nuke in Octillery which should heavily damage both pokemon. I can still preserve Beheeyem with a switch to Audino who takes nothing due to the immunity and start supporting my team.

Looks like Eggy did score the easy KO. Octillery hits like a truck so I'll smack it with a Giga Drain. Shadow Ball should now get rid of Beeheyem.

Turn 3
Beheeyem, come back!
Go! Audino!
Octillery used Water Spout!
The Water Gem strengthened Water Spout's power!
[DEBUG] Spread modifier: 0.75.
It's not very effective... The foe's Exeggutor lost 50% of its health!
The foe's Misdreavus lost 44% of its health!
The foe's Exeggutor fainted!
It doesn't affect Audino...
Hyperbeem sent out Musharna!
The foe's Musharna's Forewarn alerted it to Water Spout!
l
100%
100% l
46%
TRICK ROOM

l
56%
100% l
0%
While Water Gem Water Spout KOes the palm tree, it didn't do quite enough to Missy as I would like. Musharna come in now, and thi time I have no Imprison to stop it. However, Audino can still help Octillery by boosting its Water Spout with Helping Hand.

So he switches Audino on the predicted Shadow Ball, smart move. Musharna can tank Octielly and do serious damage with Psychic. Support Audino's are a pain so I burn it to keep it constantly on the defensive.

Turn 4
Audino used Helping Hand!
Audino is ready to help Octillery!
The foe's Musharna used Psychic!
Octillery lost 56% of its health!
Octillery used Water Spout!
[DEBUG] Boosting from Helping Hand.
The foe's Musharna lost 35% of its health!
[DEBUG] Boosting from Helping Hand.
The foe's Misdreavus lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Misdreavus used Will-O-Wisp!
Audino was burned!
The foe's Musharna restored HP using its Leftovers!
Audino was hurt by its burn!
l
88%BRN
44% l
TRICK ROOM

l
27%
71% l
Darn, Musharna proves to be a big pain due to its sluggishness, power and bulk, weakening Water SPout so both combatants can take it comfortably, and Audino gets burned. My Audino does run min speed, so hopefully I can Heal Pulse before Musharna strikes again.

This turn should be very straightforward. Psychic should get rid of Octilley and Misdreavus can keep chipping at Audino with Thunderbolt until it dies. At that point I can get a free switch to a sweeper.

Turn 5
Octillery lost 44% of its health!
Octillery fainted!
Audino used Heal Pulse!
The foe's Musharna regained health!
The foe's Misdreavus used Thunderbolt!
Audino lost 15% of its health!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!
dogmatism joined.
Punchshroom: what
Hyperbeem: ;)
Hyperbeem: it goes to next alive target
Punchshroom: shit gg :(
Go! Marowak!
l
60%BRN
100% l
0%

l
27%
100% l
I had thought the worst case scenario would be losing Octillery, but instead Heal Pulse went straight to Musharna after that and healed the bulky bastard back to full. To top it off, Trick Room gave out (though that may not be so bad). My morale was completey wrecked and I've no clue how to comeback from this. Basically my best course of action was to smack that bulky fetus as hard as I can with Marowak.

Well Heal Pulse backfires and hits the next available target, my Musharna. Marowak is a huge annoyance so I'm gunning it with all I've got here.

Turn 6
Audino, come back!
Go! Eelektross!
Marowak used Protect!
Marowak protected itself!
l
100% ((
100%)) l
60%BRN

l
27%
100% l
However, I can't do that just yet as a Will-o-Wisp from Misdreavus would be devastating, though I did not expect the gang-up attack. Eelektross comes in for free while Marowak escapes from harm. Still fearing for Marowak's safety, I make my switch to Beheeyem as either death fodder, Will-o-Wisp absorber or a teammate unharmed by Discharge should it survive the turn.

At this point things are looking fine. I just use my attackers to spread around some heavy damage. There isn't any need for switches at this point.

Turn 7
dogmatism: are you guys playing for nu doubles tour
Hyperbeem: yeah
dogmatism: i didnt sign up
dogmatism: lol!
Hyperbeem: :<
Marowak, come back!
Go! Beheeyem!
It's super effective! Beheeyem lost 46% of its health!
Beheeyem fainted!
Eelektross used Discharge!
The foe's Musharna lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Misdreavus lost 23% of its health!
Eelektross lost 50% of its health!
dogmatism: y because nu doubles is hard to understand
Go! Marowak!
l
50%
100% l
0%

l
4%
76% l
Beheeyem bites it while Misdreavus hangs on with just a sliver of health without getting paralyzed, really annoying. However, having identified that y opponent's priority is to wear down Marowak, not burning it, I feel safe enough to go for the double attack.

I need to kill Marowak asap, as a Marowak Eelektross core can status and heavily damage all my Pokemon at no cost. Musharna can again do serious damage to Eelektross with Psychic.

Turn 8
Marowak lost 33% of its health!
Marowak's Special Defense fell!
Eelektross used Discharge!
It doesn't affect Marowak...
The foe's Musharna lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Misdreavus lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Misdreavus fainted!
Marowak used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect Eelektross...
The foe's Musharna lost 48% of its health!
Eelektross lost 48% of its health!
Punchshroom: oh come on :(
LMNtal joined.
Hyperbeem sent out Marowak!
l
2%
67% -1 Sp.Def l

l
100%
7% l
0%
Musharna survives by 1%, why won't they just die >:( ? My Beheeyem-Gurdurr core failed, my Audino-Octillery core also failed, so it's pretty much up to these two to win me the match. Two pokemon (three but Audino is of little help at this point) against four, can I do this?

Musharna is still in this and it seems I've pretty much dismantled my opponents team. I bring in Marowak to clean things up. First of I'll protect to test for Giga Drain Eelektross. Musharna can try to get some strong damage on here if it lives.

Turn 9
The foe's Marowak used Protect!
The foe's Marowak protected itself!
Eelektross used Giga Drain!
Marowak used Earthquake!
The foe's Musharna lost 6% of its health!
The foe's Musharna fainted!
Hyperbeem sent out Golurk!
l
2%
67% -1 Sp.Def l

l ((
100%))
100% l
0%
hyperbeem's own Marowak survives the turn which would have easily ended him, while Musharna finally goes down. hyperbeem now reveals a Golurk, which can be a threat with its power and bulk. However, Marowak can prove to be even more threatening due to its power eclipsing Golurk's: if I don't get rid of it before it hits one of my dudes I would have lost.

Alright I still have a sizable advantage here. I could Earthquake with Marowak but I need Golurk alive so I go for the dual single attacks of DynamicPunch and Fire Punch.

Turn 10
It's super effective! The foe's Marowak lost 71% of its health!
The foe's Marowak had its energy drained!
The foe's Golurk used DynamicPunch!
Marowak lost 35% of its health!
Marowak became confused!
Marowak is confused!
Marowak used Earthquake!
The foe's Golurk lost 69% of its health!
The foe's Marowak lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Marowak fainted!
The foe's Golurk restored HP using its Leftovers!
dogmatism: is trick room a major playstyle
Hyperbeem sent out Ursaring!
l
32%
32% -1 Sp.Def Confused l

l
100%
38% l
0%
The Dynamicpunch scared the bonkers out of me, but Marowak pulls through and KOes Marowak while doing good damage to Golurk; Eel on the other hand managed to recover some health lost from Musharna by Draining hyperbeem's Marowak. WHile the odds may have seemed to be against me on this turn, I'm confident my Marowak outsped his, as while I ran 0 Speed IVs for my Marowak, it is Adamant as opposed to Brave, for the specific reason of outspeeding other TR threats outside of the twisted dimensions. This means I only had to win one coinflip (confusion) as opposed to two (confusion & speedtie) The reason for Gurdurr's downfall is the very same reason for Marowak's victory.

Well his Marowak manages to hit and takes out mine. Things aren't looking good at this point so I just bring in Ursaring. Eelektross will probably go for the stronger threat so I Protect and attack with Golurk.

Turn 11
Punchshroom: yep
dogmatism: also what round is it
dogmatism: i assume 2
Marowak, come back!
Go! Audino!
The foe's Ursaring used Protect!
The foe's Ursaring protected itself!
It's super effective! The foe's Golurk lost 38% of its health!
The foe's Golurk had its energy drained!
The foe's Golurk fainted!
The foe's Ursaring's Flame Orb activated!
The foe's Ursaring was burned!
l
50%
48%BRN l
32%

l ((
100%))BRN l
0%
I can't risk Marowak right now, so I switch to Audino to snap it out of confusion. Ursaring Protects, only to watch as its partner has it soul sucked right out of him by Eelektross who, you guessed it, doesn't run min speed as well (Octillery is pretty much my only TR sweeper to run absolute min speed). Guts Ursaring may be powerful, but he can't target 2 pokemon at the same time with his strongest moves, so he has to choose one.

Ursaring can take out Eelektross now, Audino isn't really relevant at this point. After it KOs Marowak the next turn with its higher speed the match should be over. I use the obvious Facade.

Turn 12
Punchshroom: oh yes.
Eelektross used Thunderbolt!
The foe's Ursaring lost 58% of its health!
The foe's Ursaring used Facade!
Eelektross lost 50% of its health!
Eelektross fainted!
Audino used Trick Room!
Audino twisted the dimensions!
The foe's Ursaring was hurt by its burn!
Go! Marowak!
l
32%
32%BRN l
0%
TRICK ROOM

l
29%BRN l
My Eel strikes with Thunderbolt (why this along with Discharge? You'll see...), but fails to KO and gets brutalized by Urasring. Audino, on the other hand, sets up Trick Room. But why? I've just said my Marowak is not running min speed, isn't this a risk? Well...

Well I was not expecting the Trick Room form Audino. Marowak smacks me at this point and there's nothing I can do. I try a last ditch Facade though my loss is pretty much inevitable.

Turn 13
Hyperbeem: gg
Punchshroom: gg
Punchshroom: really close
dogmatism: dam this seems cool
Hyperbeem: yeah
Audino used Heal Pulse!
Marowak regained health!
Marowak used Brick Break!
It's super effective! The foe's Ursaring lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Ursaring fainted!
Punchshroom won the battle!
Hyperbeem: fun battle ^_^
l
82%
60%BRN l
TRICK ROOM

l
0% l
...no matter how slow an Ursaring wants to be, it cannot outslow a 0 Speed IV Marowak without the use of Hammer Arm. A spectacular game which I did not expect to come back from. Good job and good game hyperbeem!

Well I pretty much blew a monster lead with some complacent moves, but Punchshroom played very well in the end game for the huge comeback. Good game!

For the following round of the Minitour, here's the battle (which is also in my sig).

this was a pretty cool match. NU doubles is a lot of fun!! Also Heal Pulses mechanics are pretty interesting. Cool warstory!

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Wow, I should really try out NU doubles some time. This warstory was really interesting o: Good job guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)