Sand Devastion!

Sand Devastation!
At a glance:
Red=Changes
Team building Procces
I want to use a LandoRotom Offencive core,as I find it very hard to break. Not to mention the raw power of it.
I decided to add Tyraniter in order to compliment Landorus,and for stealth rocks.
Seeing as Scizor pops up on every other team,and I have a bit of a weakness to it, I chose magnezone as my Scizor check.And for the powerful electric hits to destroy Politoed.
Scizor was selected as my secondary physical sweeper for 2 reasones. 1.Because he takes no damage from sand storm. 2.I felt my team was too specialy biased.
I felt I need a secondary special sweeper,and A dragon to go with my 2 steel types,so I chose latios. He hits very hard and has few weaknesses,therefore fitting in my team.

Nimbus (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
Mixed Lando-T is a beast,he looks awesome,he hits hard,has few weaknesses,what not to like? I decided to run a mixed set because almost all of my teams had trouble with Gliscor,and I wanted a counter for it,so I run HP Ice. Stone Edge and earthquake are there for good coverage and STAB.
Then I can scout foes sets as a lead using U-turn. I really love using this guy,hes staying for sure.

Whirlpool (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Grass]
I LOVE tricks shenanigans,and I think rotom is great user of them!
Plus with his Dual STAB attacks he can hit most things like a truck!
I run willo so fater I trick away my scarf,I can burn something physical to basicly render it useless. This may be my favorite competitive pokemon.

Omgzilla (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
This guy can cause some serious pursuit trap anger,he can fire blast Ferros and set up rocks, I run Sassy and Special 252 special defence EV's in order to
takes Raining surfs or hydro pumps from oposing water types.I need a sand summoner,and I feel this guy is way superior over Hippowdon.

Mosquito Squad (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
Back up! The mosquito squad is here! wrecking scizors all day long!
With a choice specsed hidden power fire no Scizor can live a hit! And his other attacks will do massive damage to anything else! alot of the time i lead with him against rain teams and I volt switch out and do a large chunk to politoed and then revenge kill with scizor,I love using this guy!

Kisame (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 84 Atk / 252 HP / 172 SDef
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- U-turn
The reason Im running the weird EV spread on this guy is to take some more special hits,but still do massive damage wih my attacks,sadly I dont have much to say about this guy other than he rocks :/
I guess i could say that hes a great revenge killer with bullet punch,and an amazing pursuit trapper.

Blue Angel (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
And here we are,the dragon of this team,as he speeds into battle at the speed of sound hitting everything hard with alife orbed draco meteor! I went with Lorb over specs or scarf because i already have 2 users of those,And so I am not locked into draco. I run recover just to recover off any Lorb damage I take. Hes an amazing special attacker and I love having him on this team

First thought: Hey, Look. Physically Defensive Gastrodon walls your /entire team/. Since it can take a Draco Meteor and recover the damage with proper investment. I might try to fix this, as it's kind of a problem; having your entire team walled by one Pokemon is also rather embarrassing.

Well, first off, Landorus-T seems like the wrong choice for this team: Landorus-I hits the crucial 101 base speed and actually out damages Landorus-T when Earthquake, Stone-Edge, or Hidden Power Ice (in sandstorm).

No Scizor can /Live/ a hit against that Magnezone, but EVERY variety of scizor can outspeed and OHKO that magnezone with superpower, which is kind of a turn off. Honestly, Magnezone is better off going with a standard Sub-Charge Beam set, which can not only take out scizor, but also give you a free hit against another Pokemon on their team after doing so. Sub-Charge Beam also has the ability to reliably take out Ferrothorn, something that your current Magnezone lacks. Additionally, no one's going to keep their Politoed in against a Magnezone, so the fact that Magnezone can KO Politoed is a moot point. If people are leaving Politoed in against a Magnezone, like you're hoping, then... I'll leave it at "you're getting extremely lucky." Additionally, it should be noted the Gastrodon walls this.

Tyranitar is not "way superior over" Hippowdon; they just fit onto very different teams. Hippowdon provides instant recovery along with being a great physical wall, capable of switching into Pokemon like Scizor repeatedly without being worn down.

On Scizor, Superpower is A NECESSITY. Otherwise you're walled by about 80% of the metagame. Including becoming set up fodder for Ferro and giving Rotom-W a free switch in. Get rid of Bug-Bite; you already have U-Turn.

Latios is totally walled by a number of Pokemon, including Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and Tyranitar, the last of which can simply pursuit Latios to death. Use a more standard set or opt for a booster, such as Sub-CM Latios/Latias.

Ferro isnt a huge problem,Tyraniter can Fireblast him,but I'll try and think of a better counter,Im trying HP grass on Rotom for Gastrodon,and Im trying a Sub CM set for latios,and your right,scizor needs super power,but its ashame too see pursuit go, I love that move. I never said it was way supperior,I said it was my opinion that it is. And in my experiance hippodwon can be taken down pretty easily by a banded scior, 2 to 3 hits from bug bite and you should be good

Ferro isnt a huge problem,Tyraniter can Fireblast him,but I'll try and think of a better counter,Im trying HP grass on Rotom for Gastrodon,and Im trying a Sub CM set for latios,and your right,scizor needs super power,but its ashame too see pursuit go, I love that move. I never said it was way supperior,I said it was my opinion that it is. And in my experiance hippodwon can be taken down pretty easily by a banded scior, 2 to 3 hits from bug bite and you should be good
Latios can beat Ferro, but you need to run recover > psyshock; it's a mono attacking set.

Next, why are you having Ferro Problems? You have a FREAKING MAGNEZONE. Magnezone's whole purpose in life is to beat Ferrothorn. That's about all he can and should be doing. Maybe the occasional Skarm/Forre/Scizor, but mostly just Ferrothorn.

Again, I still reccomend Lando-I for the ability to outdamage Lando-T in sandstorm on EQ and Stone Edge, provide a higher base speed, and have a harder hitting HP Ice...

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For your latios set, I definitely recommend running recover over substitute and surf over psyshock. With sand + LO damage, your latios's survivability is extremely limited if you're using substitute. At +1, you're already going to KO breloom with dragon pulse, and using surf allows you to avoid being walled by heatran. Ferrothorn shouldn't be an issue since you have magnezone support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)