Battle in progress.

Rules:
1v1 Singles
2-day DQ
2 Rec. / 5 Chills
No Items
1 ability

Arena: Elite Four Will's Room
Battle area is a platform suspended on large column, with a ring of seemingly endless blackness around the pillar. Boxes of pure psychic energy fly up from the blackess and bounce around the room, and although they do no damage, any pokemon that is not Psychic or Dark type will sometimes flinch at the oncoming energy 5% of the time. Any pokemon that falls into the "void" is teleported 20 feet off of the ground and takes 10 damage upon landing, exempting levitators and flyers. There is limited ceiling space, about 25 feet.

Combatants:
PFK:
Ralts* (Edge) (M)
Nature: Naughty (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * From Special Defense)

Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

HP: 90
Atk: **(+)
Def: *
SpA: **
SpD: *(-)
Spe: 40

Evolution Counter: 0 / 9
Move Counter: 0
Dream Counter: 0

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.

Attacks:

Growl (*)
Confusion (*)
Double Team (*)
Teleport (*)
Lucky Chant (*)
Calm Mind (*)
Magical Leaf (*)
Heal Pulse (*)

Shadow Sneak (*)
Destiny Bond (*)
Disable (*)

Will-O-Wisp (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Psychic (*)

Banryu:

Shieldon Toronero (m)
Nature: Sassy
Personality: Very stubborn and strong-willed, he would rather defend than move in to attack, and is unfaltering in his dedication to holding his ground. His stubbornness makes him more likely to defend if ordered to attack unless forced under extreme pressure. He has a very well-roundedly defensive fighting style, specializing in ranged attacks and protective techniques.

Type: Rock / Steel
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized.

Stats:

Atk: **
Def: ****
SpA: **
SpD: **** (+)
Spe: 26 (-)

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities: Sturdy, Soundproof [DW]
Sturdy: (innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Soundproof [DW Locked]: (innate) Pokemon with this ability emit their own powerful electrostatic or sound-dampening field, making them immune to sound-based moves other than an ally's or their own Heal Bell. Ancient Song, Bark Out, Bug Buz, Chatter, Echo Voice, Grasswhistle, Growl, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, Metal Sound, Perish Song, Roar, Screech, Sing, Round, Snore, Supersonic, Uproar.

Attacks:
(*) Tackle
(*) Protect
(*) Taunt
(*) Metal Sound
(*) Take Down
(*) Iron Defense
(*) Swagger

(*) Rock Blast
(*) Stealth Rock
(*) Counter

(*) Flash Cannon
(*) Ice Beam
(*) Flamethrower

Battle Flow:

I. P
will send out Pokemon.
II. B will then send out Pokemon.
III. B will issue actions.
IV. P will issue actions.
V. Engineer Pikachu will ref the round.
VI. P will issue actions.
VII. B will issue actions.
VIII
. Engineer Pikachu will ref the round.
IX. Start from step III.

Wooo let's go.

Heh. Did you forget that singles was your idea? Okay, time for a test run with Toronero, the invincible ironwall!

That little Ralts... He might well be manly someday, but first he needs to show us his moves! Taunt that sucker! Next, show him your own masculine Swagger, followed by screeching the Sound of your grating Metal! If he tries to paralyze you with Thunder Wave in the first turn, Protect yourself from it, then Taunt the next round instead!

Taunt (Protect instead if Twave attempted) > Swagger (Taunt if Protect used last turn) > Metal Sound

Heh, we're plenty man enough as is! (It's not a dress he's wearing, it's a fashion statement!) Edge, you're plenty fast enough to avoid the use of Thunder Wave for now. Use Teleport to get behind him and avoid seeing his taunt, and then Calm your Mind while he reacts and turns to get a line of sight. finally, dash as quickly as you can around to avoid Swagger/Metal Sound while firing off a Magical Leaf (which should hit regardless of how or where I fire it).

What if: He manages to taunt me? Fire off your Magic Leaves in the stead of any other attacks while strafing (sorta).

Teleport~Calm Mind~Magical Leaf

If taunted before the Teleport: Magical Leafx3

If taunted after Teleport: Teleport~Magical Leafx2

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Taunt (Protect instead if Twave attempted) > Swagger (Taunt if Protect used last turn) > Metal Sound
Teleport~Calm Mind~Magical Leaf

If taunted before the Teleport: Magical Leafx3

If taunted after Teleport: Teleport~Magical Leafx2

Rules:
1v1 Singles
2-day DQ
2 Rec. / 5 Chills
No Items
1 ability

Battle area is a platform suspended on large column, with a ring of seemingly endless blackness around the pillar. Boxes of pure psychic energy fly up from the blackess and bounce around the room, and although they do no damage, any pokemon that is not Psychic or Dark type will sometimes flinch at the oncoming energy 5% of the time. Any pokemon that falls into the "void" is teleported 20 feet off of the ground and takes 10 damage upon landing, exempting levitators and flyers. There is limited ceiling space, about 25 feet.

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
Energy: 100

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
Energy: 100

Round One Start!
As the two combatants walk into the arena, aka Will's room, the Psychic stands up and greets them warmly. "Welcome to the Pokémon League! Allow me to introduce myself. I am Will. I have trained all around the world, making my Psychic-type Pokémon powerful. And, at last, I've been accepted into the Elite Four. I can only keep getting better! Losing is not an option!" The two trainers look at each other with bemused expressions, nod to each other, then walk forward. "We're not here to challenge you. We're fighting each other. Get out of here." Frog-marching Will to the exit, the two trainers push him into Koga's room and promptly lock the door. "Now, let the battle begin!"

Edge moves quickly as soon as the round starts, disappearing in a brilliant flash of white. Toronero looks around for someone to taunt, but it appears that there is nobody in the room... but wait! Edge appears right behind Toronero, but it seems that the Shieldon is too preoccupied to notice.

Next, the Ralts uses a meditation skill, lowering his heartbeat and calming his mind. He organizes the mind orderly, increasing mental capacity and raising his special attack and special defense by one stage each. Toronero is not impressed, taunting intimidatingly at Edge. The Ralts is provoked, raising his attack by two stages, but he also becomes severely confused. I wonder why?

With his newly concentrated mind, Edge spins around and attempts to release magical leaves from his small body. Unfortunately for him, he spins around and falls down due to his confused state. Trying to get back up, he punches himself in the head for some damage, but manages to stand straight. Looking quite smug, Toronero makes a sound of grating metal, which lowers Edge's Special Defense by two stages.

Round One End.

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
Energy: 93

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
HP: 82
Energy: 90
+1 Sp.A, -1 Sp.D, +2 Atk
Confused (2)

PFK, go.

Fufufufu... Nice try, but it won't work if we have anything to say about it. >;3

Protect yourself from that Thunder Wave, access to paralysis: DENIED! Next face both of those clones and give them a straight-up, rousing Taunt! COME ON!! Next spray your Flamethrower in a wide arc to expose the real Edge!

Protect > Taunt all clones > Flamethrower all clones

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
TWave~Double Team~Magical Leaf
Protect > Taunt all clones > Flamethrower all clones

Rules:
1v1 Singles
2-day DQ
2 Rec. / 5 Chills
No Items
1 ability

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
Energy: 93

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
Energy: 90
+1 Sp.A, -1 Sp.D, +2 Atk
Confused (2)

Round Two Start!

Reacting quickly to his trainer's commands, Shieldon erects an energy barrier to block whatever attack is coming his way. This strategy proves effective as Edge emits a small burst of electricity, attempting to paralyze it; however, the energy barrier absorbs the attack, rendering it useless.

Miffed, Edge quickly regains his concentration, snapping himself out of confusion. He moves back and forth between a location, creating a clone of himself as the two "Ralts" move about Will's room. Not impressed, Toronero taunts both of the clones, lulling the real one into a blind rage. Unfortunately for Toronero, the clone does not disappear.

As both of the "Ralts" move towards Toronero, a threatening look on his faces, he spins around and releases more glowing leaves from his body. They float around in the air before being flung towards the still Shieldon. They hit Toronero's sturdy body, dealing a trivial bit of damage. Toronero prepares to retaliate with a wide arc of fire, but sees a strange glowing cube in the air and forgets about his action.

Round Two End.

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
HP: 87
Energy: 76

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
HP: 77
Energy: 75
+1 Atk
Taunt (5)

Banryu.

LOLwut? Distracted by shininess? Well no matter, this battle's going our way plenty, we can afford to take our time! Start off with Metal Sound to lower his mental defenses, he won't be able to escape noise no matter where he is! I hear sound-based attacks are exceptionally effective against Psychic Pokemon! Then we're going to attack with Flash Cannon! Toronero, only one of those attackers was real, and that means by extension that only one of the attacks was real, too! Use your best guess to attack the one whose attack felt real! If you hit the real Edge, follow up with another Metal Sound, but if you hit the clone, give a little Swagger to the real deal!

Metal Sound (both) > Flash Cannon (guesstimating the original) > Metal Sound (if Flash Cannon connects) or Swagger (if Flash Cannon misses the original)

(PFK, you're typically supposed to say how many clones you create with Double Team. You can make up to four with an associated energy cost, but I think the refs assume just one if you don't specify. It's easier for them if you list the number though.

And now, a question for Engineer... how exactly did his Ralts lose 5 HP just now if he didn't hit himself in confusion and my Flamethrower didn't connect? :0 EDIT: LOL. Sorry, but I couldn't agree more about the ability choice. xD Sturdy would've made this matchup a lot more fair, I think...)

Hmf. I know this first battle isn't going our way, but we can still pull through! Still with your clones, use the opportunity to fire off a disorienting Confusion! Then, as he's firing off his Flashy Cannon, use the Shadows cast by the light and Sneak away from the blast, smattering him from behind. Then dash away as quickly as you can and, once safe, focus your mental energies and use Psychic!

Confusion~Shadow Sneak~Psychic

To Banryu:
I forgot. :P I PM'd Engineer my ability, it's Synchronize (which was the worse choice in this matchup)

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Metal Sound (both) > Flash Cannon (guesstimating the original) > Metal Sound (if Flash Cannon connects) or Swagger (if Flash Cannon misses the original)

And now, a question for Engineer... how exactly did his Ralts lose 5 HP just now if he didn't hit himself in confusion and my Flamethrower didn't connect? :0 EDIT: LOL. Sorry, but I couldn't agree more about the ability choice. xD Sturdy would've made this matchup a lot more fair, I think...)
I originally had Edge hitting himself in confusion, but I realized that he snapped out of confusion beforehand. Don't worry, I was aware of this.
Confusion~Shadow Sneak~Psychic

Rules:
1v1 Singles
2-day DQ
2 Rec. / 5 Chills
No Items
1 ability

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
HP: 87
Energy: 76

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
Energy: 75
+1 Atk
Taunt (5)

Round Three Start (sorry for short updates I'm kind of busy)
The battle seems really one-sided; does Ralts have a trick up his sleeve or is he just dying?

Edge starts the round off by rattling Toronero's brain with a weak telekinetic force. Unfortunately for him, Toronero seems completely oblivious to the attack, sending light blue soundwaves that carry the sound of grating metal; it affects both Edge and his clone, lowering his Special Defense by a whopping two stages.

Next, Edge enters his shadow and sneaks to the other side of the Shieldon. Popping out quickly, the Ralts attacks Toronero, who instinctively turns around and attempts to fire a Flash Cannon. However, Ralts is still partially in the shadow and only takes partial damage.

Seeming to have saved his best for last, Edge sends an extremely strong telekinetic force at Toronero. Unlike the first one, this attack actually seems to have dealt some damage, rattling his brain. Toronero fires off more blue soundwaves, lowering Edge's special defense by another two stages.

Round Three End

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
HP: 79
Energy: 68

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
HP: 72
Energy: 64
-3 Sp.D
Taunt (2)

PFK.

Alright Edge, that's the way! Strafe him, and when there's an opening (i.e. charging an attack like flash cannon) use Shadow Sneak to get behind him! Once you've hit, jump back, strafe again, and fire two Psychics!

Shadow Sneak~Psychic*2

We're not falling for that cheap parlor trick twice! Turn yourself around, even if it takes you a whole turn to do it and hit him with another Flash Cannon, then set up a trap of Stealth Rocks so that he can't keep sneaking up to you without getting hurt!

Flash Cannon OR turn around (depending on if will take him too long) > Flash Cannon > Stealth Rock (around self)

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Shadow Sneak~Psychic*2
Flash Cannon OR turn around (depending on if will take him too long) > Flash Cannon > Stealth Rock (around self)
I don't think Stealth Rock works that way...?
Stealth Rock Description said:
The Pokemon thrusts rocks at the opponent that split apart and set themselves at the corners of the field. Each time a Pokemon switches in, the rocks will become active ans smash the opponent from all sides before setting down in their corners again. Rapid Spin or Defog will disperse the rocks immediately. Multiple layers of rocks cannot be laid.
Rules:
1v1 Singles
2-day DQ
2 Rec. / 5 Chills
No Items
1 ability

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
HP: 79
Energy: 68

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
HP: 72
Energy: 64
-3 Sp.D
Taunt (2)

Round Four Start!

The round starts with the two combatants facing off against each other. Around the round pillar, a dark abyss shoots purple-and-blue mystical cubes into the sky, entrancing both human and Pokemon. One Pokemon stands proud, untouched by any attack thrown at it. The other sneaks around and uses his strongest attacks, but they don't seem to be doing anything.

Attempting to try the same tactic, Edge sneaks into his own shadow, moving slowly behind Toronero under the cover of the shadows cast by the cubes. Exiting the shadow behind Toronero, he smacks the Shieldon for some light damage, just as he turns around, anticipating the next attack. It seems like this strategy backfired!

Irritated at the failed strategy, Edge backs up a bit and uses his adept psychic powers, surrounding Toronero in a blue aura. A few seconds later, the Shieldon is unceremoniously flung to the floor as if by an invisible hand. Toronero quickly gets back up, firing a narrow beam of bright silver light at the attacker. The light hits Edge, who takes a significant amount of damage.

The Ralts swiftly recovers from the beam of light, using his psychic powers to fling Toronero to the floor again. Still feeling rattled, the Shieldon gets up, summoning rocks that float ominously by the floating cubes. There's a nagging feeling in Toronero's mind that they won't be doing anything this match, though...

Round Four End.

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
HP: 68
Energy: 52

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
HP: 57
Energy: 46
-2 Sp.D

Banryu, go.

(I read the description but don't see why they couldn't be specified to work that way. Dx *sigh* But I understand. Rejection is oft the price of creativity. Well I guess I'll have to push to have the uses of Stealth Rock expanded in the Data Audit thread or something then.)

Right well, there's no reason to stop attacking now! Let's go ahead and Swagger again, even if he tries sneaking behind you... After having that tactic used twice on you already, I'm sure you should be able to anticipate it now and have your manly swagger be seen no matter what! Next, keep up the pressure by nailing him with another Flash Cannon, followed by another grating Metal Sound!

Swagger > Flash Cannon > Metal Sound

Alright Edge, now that you've calmed yourself from his Taunt, let's abuse our plethora of support moves! Start with an instant Teleport to avoid his Swagga, then hit him a quick Wave of Thunder. Finally, finish off the round by creating three clones with Double Team, each keeping to an individual side!

Teleport~Twave~Double Team

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Swagger > Flash Cannon > Metal Sound
Teleport~Twave~Double Team
Rules:
1v1 Singles
2-day DQ
2 Rec. / 5 Chills
No Items
1 ability

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
Energy: 52

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
HP: 57
Energy: 46
-2 Sp.D

Round Five Start!

As the Pokemon begin the round, a voice shouts from behind a door. "Until we reach zero, our power is limitless. I'm not giving up yet!" Disregarding this message, both Toronero and Edge turn to face each other; one of them must fall soon.

Toronero attempts to taunt Edge in an extremely confusing way, but Edge teleports out of the way to a spot right behind the Shieldon, completely unaware of the fact that he just avoided an attack.

As Toronero turns around to face Edge, Edge sends a small spark of electricity coursing down the Shieldon's spine, tingling certain nerves there that cause Toronero to become paralyzed. Though slowed, Toronero is still able to shoot a silver beam of light at Edge, who takes significant damage.

Injured by such a hit, Edge quickly moves back and forth, stopping for split seconds at three other spots, creating three clones of himself. Though confused at which clone to attack, Toronero takes a completely alternative route, sending out a pulse of bright soundwaves, lowering Edge's Special Defense by two stages.

Round Five End.

Shieldon (Toronero) (M)
2 / 4 / 2 / 4 / 26
Energy: 30
Paralyzed

Ralts (Edge) (M)
2 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 40
HP: 42
Energy: 24
-3 Sp.D, +2 Atk
Double Team (3 Clones)

All right, I think this status business has gone on quite enough now. Protect yourself from that Will-O-Wisp and Taunt that sucker but good once and for all, then nail him and all his clones with a widespread Flamethrower! If the first Taunt fails for whatever reason, then try again on the third!

Protect > Taunt all clones > Flamethrower all clones OR attempt another Taunt (if the first one fails)

....allright.... apparently PFK went over the 2-day DQ or something, can this end finally? =____= I'm tired of waiting on this and want to do some new matches already.

Thanks for reffing... too bad we couldn't have had this wrapped up sooner though. x\ Ah, well... it's at least partially my fault for not noticing the DQ time and stuff I guess.

Yeah, thanks for reffing EP. My fault for not noticing the mandatory 2 day vacation I was going to take... ._. In any case, thanks also to you, Banryu. You were the winning side anyway.

Yeah, you did pretty well for such a nasty type matchup. Sorry it couldn't finish but I was tired of it dragging out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)