[Won by Dogfish] Battle! Alchemator vs Dogfish (ref: Zarator)

1v1 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
Arena:

Blue Moon Lagoon, Wyverii's Mansion. Anyone who doesn't follow smogcraft, the mansion is located here from around 9:30 in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzs3a..._order&list=UL

The video afterwards in the queue is a continuation.
Items Disabled
One Ability

Dogfish sends out his proud Archen, Rawk!
Was gonna write Sawk lol...

[/HIDE]
Archen [Rawk] (Male)
Nature: Adamant
Type: Rock/Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Faint-Hearted (English = Defeatist): The Pokemon tires from prolonged battles easily, and deals 3 less damage once below 50% of its maximum HP. Once Faint-Hearted is active, attacks cost two (2) less energy. If the Pokemon goes back above 50% of its maximum HP in battle, Faint-Hearted's effects will dissapear.
Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: ***** (Increased by Nature)
Def: **
SpA: ** (Decreased by Nature)
SpD: **
Spe: 70

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: N/A

Attacks:
Quick Attack
Leer
Wing Attack
Rock Throw
Double Team
Scary Face
Pluck
AncientPower
Quick Guard

Bite
Steel Wing
Head Smash

Smack Down
Earthquake
Hone Claws[/HIDE]

Alchemator, send out your Pokémon and issue his orders. Dogfish will do the same afterwards.

Battle on, heroes!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Haha awesome. Let's get it Clive!

Let's neuter this darned 'dactyl with a Power Share! Follow that up with an Ancientpower and finally an Ice Beam. If he tries to dodge an attack at all then use Rock Polish in place of that action.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I want you to dodge that first attack with a Quick Attack.

Then, grap it from behind with a Bite, make sure it's mouth is facing away from you, and hold it in your jaws!

Now it's facing away from you, that Ice Beam will go AWOL, so once it's launched toss up the baltoy and smash him through Wyverii's doors with a Smack Down!

Round 1

HP 90
Atk ***** (+)
Def **
SpA ** (-)
SpD **
Spe 70

Baltoy [Clive] (N/A)
Nature: Timid [A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks.]

Type:
Ground / Psychic:
[Ground] Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
[Psychic] Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: * (-)
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 64 (55*1.15^)

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Confusion (*)
Harden (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Mud Slap (*)
Psybeam (*)
Rock Tomb (*)
Selfdestruct (*)
Ancient Power (*)
Earth Power (*)
Power Share (*)
Heal Block (*)
Ice Beam (*)
Psychic (*)
Rock Polish (*)

Hey, I swear someone was laughing over there, but there's no one... creepy place.

Anyway, where was I? Oh right. Rawk dashes swiftly forward to get out of Clive's sight. He attempts in vain to Share his Powers with him, but he fails to localize the opponent. So, he opts for getting loose and Polishes a bit his Rocks.

Eager to gain the upper hand, Rawk opts for picking his teeth with Clive's body and Bites him harshly. The grip however is not strong enough for the Archen to hold his opponent in place. The Baltoy manages to escape the foe's jaws and summons ancestral energies to take the form of rocks and smack Rawk's wings with their Ancient Power. The energies infuse the Baltoy's body with a glowing aura, raising all his stats by (1) stage.

It's time to knock Clive's down a bit, or at least that's probably what Rawk thought. Using some rocks around there, he glides on the Baltoy and Smacks him to the Ground, making him crush the door and fly over. Clive doesn't like the contact with the cold soil (not that the impact on the door was nice, either), and decides to give a taste of that coolness to Rawk, firing a frigid Ice Beam to pierce through his wings once again.

HP 64
Atk ***** (+)
Def **
SpA ** (-)
SpD **
Spe 70

Energy: 90

HP 68
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **
SpD ***
Spe 64 (+)

Energy: 89
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 SpA, +1 SpD, +2 Spe, Knocked Down.

Dogfish goes first now.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
First and foremost, if it uses Ice Beam or Power Share, Quick Attack out of the way. No exceptions.

Otherwise, Bite, then Hone Claws, then Bite.

Alchemator

Ok let's get it!

Start off with a super-fast Rapid Spin to sting his mouth and knock him back, cancelling his Bite! After you knock him away, follow up with an Ancientpower. Finish the round with a Power Share to make him dodge, but if it hits due to the psychic connection then that's cool too.

Round 2

HP 64
Atk ***** (+)
Def **
SpA ** (-)
SpD **
Spe 70

Energy: 90

HP 68
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **
SpD ***
Spe 64 (+)

Energy: 89
Status: +1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 SpA, +1 SpD, +2 Spe, Knocked Down.

Clive starts spinning on himself very fast, while Rawk flies upon him with a fierce look in his eyes and attempts to Bite him. The teeth penetrates deeply under the Baltoy's skin, resulting in a critical hit. The momentum from the Rapid Spin however send the Archen back against a nearby wall, damaging him slightly.

Clive quickly recovers from the attack and fires off a glowing sphere of white energy to maim the prehistoric bird (eat your heart out Aerodactyl, you're out of fashion). Rawk wails in pain because of the Ancientpower, but he doesn't lose faith and Hones his Claws in preparation of the following attack.

However, exploting his fear, the Baltoy threatens to Power Share again. Afraid of losing his powers, the Archen quickly flies himself to safety with the speed of a Quick Attack.

HP 50
Atk ***** (+)
Def **
SpA ** (-)
SpD **
Spe 70

Energy: 86

HP 48
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **
SpD ***
Spe 64 (+)

Energy: 80

Alchemator goes first.

Alchemator

That really didn't go to plan due to that dastardly Crit, but whatever we can still do this.

Since you're still faster (hell yeah!) start off with a Rock Tomb to entrap the bastard. While he's enclosed in there, lock onto him and use Power Share. Finish up with an Earth Power.

If he manages to break free, use Ice Beam. This goes for if Rock Tomb misses too (which really it shouldn't but whatever heh).

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
OK Rawk, let's do this!

I want another Quick attack, you're faster than Clive with Quick Attack. I want you to charge so that you end up underneath Clive, so that he takes the majority of the damage from rock tomb.

Then, you're both trapped, him above you. So, Bite it, since mental Bonds take time to form. Then, Bite again.

HP 50
Atk ***** (+)
Def **
SpA ** (-)
SpD **
Spe 70

Energy: 86

HP 48
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **
SpD ***
Spe 64 (+)

Energy: 80

Worried about the Archen getting too much leeway, Clive shakes the ceiling a bit with mind powers, in order to make rocks fall onto the bird. Rawk however avoid easily the Rock Tomb by dashing forward and harassing the Baltoy with a Quick Attack while the rock hit the floor leaving huge cracks. (Are those flames I saw from the other room?)

Angry and vengeful, Clive smites the Archen with a blank range Ice Beam, heavily wounding the stone bird. The last hit made Rawk starting to lose confidence because of his Faint-Hearted personality. Nonetheless, he carries over his orders and Bites the Baltoy, although with significantly less violence than usual.

However, Rawk would better look the floor below him. From the ground comes several explosions of energy, by virtue of Clive's Earth Power. The hit, while fierce, doesn't phaze the prehistoric bird so much, as he keeps Biting his opponent.

HP 17
Atk ***** (+)
Def **
SpA ** (-)
SpD **
Spe 70

Energy: 73

HP 12
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **
SpD ***
Spe 64 (+)

Energy: 62

Dogfish goes first

Alchemator

Ok it's do or die (most likely die but whatever).

Use Psychic to throw him back into a wall as he charges towards you. Then wait for the Quick Attack before using Ice Beam!

Then Selfdestruct if he isn't dead. If he is then for god's sake don't! xD

Round 4

HP 17
Atk ***** (+)
Def **
SpA ** (-)
SpD **
Spe 70

HP 12
Atk * (-)
Def **
SpA **
SpD ***
Spe 64 (+)

Energy: 62

Rawk exploits the suddendly less swift movements of the Baltoy and strikes him with a vicious Bite. Clive desperately attempt to send back the Archen with his Psychic powers, but Rawk covers rapidly the distance and finishes him with a Quick Attack.

Congratulations, dogfish44, on your success!

HP 5
Atk ***** (+)
Def **
SpA ** (-)
SpD **
Spe 70

Ending

(Soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlqON4Dfozg)

As Archen delivers the last hit, the Baltoy falls to the ground, exhausted. His trainer Alchemator sadly calls him back in the Poké Ball, but, at the same time, an ominous violet light bursts from the cracked door. A wild Chandelure enters the room, lured in by the weakened Pokémon and eager to consume their souls and the ones of their trainers!

"Damn, what are we going to do?", says dogfish to Alchemator. "My Archen is too weak to take him on". Alchemator looks the flaming ghost shuddering, knowing he couldn't take on such a fierce enemy with his remaining Pokémon.

Then, Chandelure's flames start to grow in brightness, his eyes gazing menacingly over the three people. "Alchemator, dogfish", says then zarator, "run out of there". "What?", asks Alchemator astonished. "What are you gonna do?". A Kitsunoh comes out of Zarator's Pokéball, standing between the three guys and the fierce phantom. "There's no more time left! He's gonna Overheat! Run while you can!", shouts Zarator, turning on the Chandelure.

"But Zarator...", says reluctantly dogfish. "RUN! Don't worry about me!", issues with firm tone Zarator, before Alchemator sadly grabs the other trainer and force him to follow him quickly out of the mansion. They can only see a dreadful storm of violet flames engulf the entire building, before coming out a second not too late. Behind them, the castle now burns into a supernatural fire.

The two trainers look at each other, wondering what happened to their friend. Will they ever see him again? Who knows. What they know for sure, is that they'll strive to keep getting better at Pokémon to make sure nothing like this could happen again...

Alchemator

Fastest ever match on Smogon, completed in 3 hours 52 minutes!

We've got Zarator to thank for that. Anyway I call hax as per my prerogative. (gg dogfish)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)