Chasing Cars

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

This is my team I've been using the last few weeks on PO (along with some variants of it) and it's my most successful team so far, peaking #46 on the Smogon server. However, I feel like my team is not at its best yet. I've been changing and testing variants of the team a lot, but I always find myself returning to this variant of the team. I have the feeling that this isn't the best variant though, so a bit help on that would be useful.

While I normally use more offensive teams, like the one in my warstory, I wanted to make a more balanced team. This team was also meant to be a balanced team, but it ended up being a stall team because I lacked a team splot for a lategame sweeper.

I named my team by selecting 'My Music -> All Tracks -> Random Track' and seeing what song resulted. Chasing Cars it was, fortunately a great song. I decided to add the lyrics to the RMT, but I might remove them if people request so.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

Skarmory @ Lum Berry
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 216 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory provides my team with Spikes. Spikes are extremely helpful for my team as it limits the effectiveness of Choice Band and Choice Specs users, who could otherwise really trouble my team. Spikes are also really helpful alongside Stealth Rock as most Pokemon lose around 25% of their health. Stealth Rock also complements Spikes well by hitting Flying-types for 25%. Along with all the switching my team forces, the entry hazard damage builds up very quickly.

Lum Berry is very helpful on this set. The first reason is beating sleep leads such as Roserade and Smeargle. I Taunt the first turn while they use Sleep Powder or Spore and absorb it with my Lum Berry. Smeargle is forced to switch out the next turn while Roserade is forced to do the same if it lacks Hidden Power Fire. The second reason is beating Machamp. Skarmory outspeeds Lead Machamp and 2HKOs with Brave Bird, while Lum Berry protects me from potential confusion. I can also set up 2 layers of Spikes if I have played the opponent before and I don't really need Skarmory.

Taunt is a great move on this set. Against Pokemon with Earthquake as their only attacking move, I can easily Taunt them to prevent them from doing anything useful and set up Spikes. Taunt also provides me with a good weapon against opposing stall teams. Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Forretress and Gyarados can't hurt my Skarmory and can only set up entry hazards or phaze. When I Taunt them I force them out while I can set up another layer of Spikes, netting me an advantage. Furthermore, Taunt provides me with a good option against slow setup Pokemon, such as bulky Swords Dance Scizor, Curse Swampert, Curse Snorlax and Bulk Up Machamp.

I use Brave Bird on this set over Whirlwind because I like to have an option when I get Taunted. It also 2HKOs frail leads, such as Azelf and Gengar, and leads weak to Flying, such as Machamp and Roserade.

28 Spe EVs allow me to outspeed 96 Spe Tyranitar, so I can outspeed virtually all Choice Band Tyranitar, so I can Roost as they Stone Edge. 16 Atk EVs are to make sure I always 2HKO Azelf as they Taunt me. The remaing EVs are used to maximize special bulk so I can take a few special hits, which is very useful in the lead position. I purposely avoided maximizing HP, as that would increase the damage I take from Stealth Rock, while not granting me a Leftovers number.

Azelf: I start with Brave Bird first turn. If they Taunt, I KO as they SR. If they Stealth Rockor Fire Blast, I switch to Gyarados to take the Fire Blast and then to Rotom to take the Explosion.

Heatran: I switch out to Gyarados and Roar as they switch.

Swampert: I either Taunt first turn or just start stacking Spikes right away.

Metagross: I either Taunt first turn or just start stacking Spikes right away.

Machamp: I Brave Bird for the 2HKO as Lum prevents me from confusion.

Infernape: I switch to Gyarados first turn.

Aerodactyl: I Brave Bird first turn to break its Sash, and switch to Bronzong to set up Stealth Rock and KO with Gyro Ball.

Jirachi: I Spikes first turn as I have at least 2 layers up unless they U-Turn.

Hippowdon: I either Taunt first turn or just start stacking Spikes right away.

Gliscor: I either Taunt first turn or just start stacking Spikes right away.

Uxie: I Spikes first turn as I have at least 2 layers up unless they U-Turn.

Roserade: I Taunt first turn while Lum protects me from sleep, then start stacking Spikes second turn.

Gengar: They can't do anything bar Taunt, so I Brave Bird for the 2HKO because of Sash.

Forretress: Taunt.

Tyranitar: I either Taunt first turn or just start stacking Spikes right away.

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Roar

Gyarados is extremely helpful for my team as Intimidate helps check physical attackers much easier. Gyarados is usually my first switch for every physical attacker bar Tyranitar as most physical attackers aren't that threatening at -1. Gyarados also provides my team with a phazer to abuse the entry hazards set up by Skarmory and Bronzong. When I switch this guy in against something like Scizor, Heatran or Infernape, I almost always Roar first turn. They switch out, take Spikes and Stealth Rock damage, are forced to switch because of Roar, and take another round of entry hazard damage while I also scout their team for potential Gyarados counters.

Gyarados is my main check to Infernape, so I play it carefully as otherwise Infernape could sweep my team when Gyarados is gone. Gyarados also provides my team with one of the best Breloom counters. It's the only one on my team who can take a Spore, and Roar Breloom out. It can even Waterfall, as a -1 Breloom can't 3HKO me, so I can Waterfall while he Substitutes, Seed Bombs or Focus Punches and Rest every 3 turns.

Finally, Gyarados provides me with a "lategame sweeper". While offensive teams use a stat booster like DD Gyarados or SD Lucario, my team has this guy. Instead of boosting its Attack to OHKO every Pokemon left on the opponents team, I Roar the opponents Pokemon and whittle them down with entry hazards. When the Pokemons on my opponents team are at low health, Waterfall can take them out with ease.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 120 SpA / 92 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled

Blissey is a must on every defensive team, as it single-handedly makes every special attacker much easier to deal with. Even with nearly to no investment, Heatran, Starmie, Rotom and others have trouble breaking through my Seismic Toss / Flamethrower | Softboiled cycle, especially when they're fully paralyzed. Blissey can also lure in and kill Choice Band Scizor. Whenever I send in Blissey the first time, a Scizor comes in if the opponent has one, hoping to scout and damage my team with U-Turn. However, I outspeed and OHKO standard Choice Band Scizor with Flamethrower. Flamethrower also stops Blissey from being entry hazard fodder against opposing stall teams, as it OHKOes Forretress and 2HKOes Skarmory. Lastly, Flamethrower makes Rotom and Gengar much easier to deal with. While SubCharge Rotom and SubSplit Gengar would otherwise set up on Blissey, Flamethrower prevents them from setting up by breaking their Substitute almost always with its exceptionally high Special Attack investment.

Seismic Toss lets me hit Calm Minders such as Suicune and Jirachi, and just plainly provides consistent damage output. Thunder Wave is another helpful move on this set. It helps a lot against offensive teams, as sweepers are so much easier to deal with when paralyzed. Their Speed is effectively 25% of their original Speed, allowing Donphan, Gyarados and Skarmory threats that they otherwise couldn't. It's especially beneficial for Donphan, who would otherwise have to take a hit before attacking, but can now Earthquake before the opponent attacks, hopefully KOing and not taking any damage at all.

92 Speed EVs are to outspeed Choice Band Scizor, while 120 SpA is to always OHKO Scizor after Stealth Rock damage. Defense is maximized to increase its physical bulk by a huge amount. The rest is put in HP for all-around bulk.

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 152 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Payback
- Explosion

Bronzong is my utility Pokemon and sets up the always important Stealth Rock. Bronzong is one of the most reliable to set up Stealth Rock. With the current investment, I have great special bulk as well as good physical bulk. Bronzong also has great typing when combined with Levitate, having only weakness, and resists a lot of the near flawless two attacks coverage, including Ice + Ground, Dragon + Ground and Ground + Rock. A lot of common physical attackers can't hit me for neutral damage except with a weak attack, so I can easily set up Stealth Rock on them. The good special bulk helps him against special attackers such as Starmie and Gengar. I can take a hit from both and 2HKO with Payback or OHKO with Gyro Ball back, respectively. It can also set up Stealth Rock on every special attacker bar Heatran.

Gyro Ball is a great move with my extremely low Speed, hitting almost everything for over 150 base power when factoring in STAB. Payback is mainly there for Starmie, but it also hits Rotom-A hard. Finally, Explosion lets me take out a troublesome Pokemon on my opponents team and is also a great move against bulky waters, who tend to switch into Bronzong often. Since Bronzong is more of a backup check for most threats than my main counter, I can afford to explode after I have used Stealth Rock if I know they don’t have a spinner. I have been considering Earthquake lately because I like to predict a Heatran or Infernape switchin and to prevent me from being completely walled by Steel types. It also hits Magnezone who could otherwise easily set up a Sub against me.

104 Attack EVs make sure I always OHKO standard Gengar with Gyro Ball after Stealth Rock damage. The rest is used to maximize special bulk as I use Bronzong mainly for special attackers, and the physical attacks I switch him into don’t have a powerful move against him anyways.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me

Donphan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Assurance
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

Donphan is my spinner, which is almost a necessity. He also is my hard hitter, which I love to have on any team. Often enough, offensive teams have no good switchin to its powerful Earthquakes and switch in something like Suicune only to take 70% on the switchin. He also is my main check to troublesome Dragons, such as Flygon and Dragonite as he can switchin and revenge kill with Ice Shard. Assurance allows me to lure in Rotom-A and do heavy damage with Choice Band boosted Assurance.

Earthquake is an extremely powerful when abcked up with 120 base Atk, Choice Band and STAB. Nothing can switch in reliably except when you're immune to it. Ice Shard hits Dragons and allows me to sometimes revenge kill threats when Rotom is unable to do so. Ice Shard also has given me a lategame sweep multiple teams, as almost everything with 20% health or lower is KOed. Rapid Spin is to spin away entry hazards that could be troublesome, especially for Gyarados. With a Choice Band, it actually does reasonable damage, especially when combined with Spikes and Stealth Rock. Assurance hits Rotom and Gengar who think they can switch in for free.

The 84 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed 0 Spe Blissey and Swampert. Atk is maximized and the rest is put in HP to maximize bulk. I originally had 188 Spe to outspeed all Choice Band Tyranitar and KO with Earthquake, but I lacked a lot of bulk.

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes
They're all I can see

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 72 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Rotom is my revenge killer and spinblocker. He can force out all common Rapid Spinners by threatening a KO. He also checks Pokemon that somehow got boosts on my team while I played foolishly, and revenge kills them. Rotom also helps against opposing stall teams by Tricking one of their Pokemon, which helps me a lot.

Thunderbolt is my main STAB move, because it’s the most powerful move Rotom has access to (besides Thunder) and it hits Water-types as Gyarados and Starmie for super effective damage. Shadow Ball allows me to hit Gengar for super effective, as well as opposing Rotom. It also provides me with secondary STAB, which eases my prediction a lot. I orginially had a Rotom-G with Overheat here, to revenge kill a larger amount of threats, such as Breloom, Lucario, Metagross, Jirachi, Shaymin and othres, but I eventually changed to a Rotom-W with Hydro Pump. This is because Rotom was easily trapped and killed by Tyranitar, who is now 2HKOed by Hydro Pump and Tyranitar can't KO me with Pursuit when I stay in. Hydro Pump also allows me to revenge kill Heatran, where LO HP Electric variants could give me trouble.

The EVs may seem like a weird mix of power and bulk, and it is. I didn’t want to lack a lot of bulk, but I wanted to deal enough damage as well. 72 SpA allows me to always KO standard Starmie at 100%, but are mainly just to have a reasonable amount of power. 216 Spe is to outspeed +1 Jolly Gyarados, and the rest is put in HP to maximize bulk.

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things
Will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me

Reserved for team building process.

Threat List:
(Black means easy to handle.
Dark Orange means it can sometimes be troublesome.
Red means it is always troublesome.)

Heatran:

Choice Scarf: Blissey walls it, Gyarados walls it, Rotom can revenge.

Stealth Rock: Blissey walls it and can switch to Rotom on a predicted Explosion, Gyarados walls it, Rotom can revenge it.

Substitute: Gyarados walls it, Rotom can revenge it when it's not behind a sub, Blissey can lure an Explosion and switch to Rotom.

Choice Specs: Blissey walls it, though Fire Blast hurts, Gyarados walls it, Rotom revenges it. Abuse the move it's locked into.

Scizor:

Choice Band: Gyarados walls it, Skarmory walls it, Rotom walls it.

Swords Dance: Gyarados walls it, Rotom walls it and can revenge.

Choice Scarf: Gyarados walls it, Skarmory walls it, Rotom walls it, Donphan walls it, Bronzong walls it.

Flygon:

Choice Scarf: Bronzong walls it, Skarmory walls non-Fire Blast variants, Gyarados walls it, Donphan can Ice Shard.

Mixed: Donphan can Ice Shard, Bronzong walls it.

Gyarados:

Bulky Dragon Dance: Rotom revenges. Bronzong can Explode and Skarmory can Brave Bird in a pinch.

RestTalk: Rotom OHKOes, Skarmory outstalls it and sets up Spikes, Gyarados can speed tie.

Offensive Dragon Dance: Rotom revenges, Gyarados can Roar it out. Skarmory or Bronzong in a pinch.

Rotom-H:

Choice Scarf: Blissey if it can avoid Trick, my own Rotom beats non-Shadow Ball variants, Donphan can Assurance on locked Thunderbolt.

Defensive: Blissey, Rotom beats non-Shadow Ball variants, Bronzong beats it, Donphan beats Reflect/Thunderbolt/Pain Split/Hidden Power variants.

RestTalk: Blissey, Rotom beats non-Shadow Ball variants, Bronzong, Donhan beats Thunderbolt/Reflect variants.

Rotom-W:

Choice Scarf: Blissey if it can avoid Trick, my own Rotom beats non-Shadow Ball variants, Bronzong can Payback.

Choice Specs: Blissey if it can avoid Trick, Rotom beats non-Shadow Ball variants, Bronzong can Payback, Donphan beats it if it's locked in Thunderbolt.

Defensive: Blissey, Rotom beats non-Shadow Ball variants, Bronzong beats it, Donphan beats Reflect/Thunderbolt/Pain Split/Hidden Power variants.

RestTalk: Blissey, Rotom beats non-Shadow Ball variants, Bronzong, Donhan beats Thunderbolt/Reflect variants.

Rotom-C:

Choice Scarf: Blissey if it can avoid Trick, my own Rotom beats non-Shadow Ball variants, Bronzong can Payback.

Defensive Substitute: Blissey, Bronzong can Payback, Donphan can Assurance.

Infernape:

Special Mix: Gyarados walls it, Rotom can revenge.

Physical Mix: Gyarados walls it, Rotom can revenge.

Nasty Plot: Rotom can revenge, Gyarados walls it (though Grass Knot hurts).

Swords Dance: Rotom can revenge, Gyarados walls it (though Stone Edge hurts), Donphan can take an Intimidated hit and KO.

Starmie:

Rapid Spin: Blissey walls it, Bronzong walls and can Payback, Rotom can revenge.

Life Orb: Blissey walls it, Bronzong walls and can Payback, Rotom can revenge.

Gengar:

SubSplit: Blissey beats it, Rotom can revenge it and switch in for free against Pain Split / Focus Blast, Gyarados outdamages it.

Life Orb: Blissey beats it, Rotom can revenge and switch in for free against anything bar Shadow Ball.

Substitute + 3 Attacks: Blissey beats it, Rotom can revenge and switch in for free against anything bar Shadow Ball.

Tyranitar:

Choice Scarf:

Dragon Dance:

Choice Band:

Metagross:

Agility:

Lead:

Dragonite:

Dragon Dance:

Mixed:

Attacking Lead:

Choice Band:

Breloom:

SubPunch:

SubSeed:

Jirachi:

Wish + Calm Mind:

Choice Scarf:

SubCM:

Choice Scarf Lead:

Offensive Calm Mind:

Substitute + Thunder Wave:

Swampert:

Tank:

Curse:

Blissey:

Wish Support:

Cleric:

2 Attacks:

Azelf:

Lead:

Physical Choice:

Colbur Berry Lead:

Nasty Plot:

Zapdos:

Physically Defensive:

SubRoost:

Special Attacker:

Suicune:

Offensive Calm Mind:

CroCune:

Lucario:

Swords Dance:

Agility:

Machamp:

Attacking Lead:

Substitute + 3 Attacks:

RestTalk:

Skarmory:

Physically Defensive:

Specially Defensive:

Taunt:

Vaporeon:

Wish Support:

Baton Pass:

Gliscor:

Britscor:

Lead:

Swords Dance:

Kingdra:

ChestoRest:

Substitute + Dragon Dance:

Rain Dance Mixed Attacker:

Celebi:

Physically Defensive:

Tinkerbell:

Shaymin:

Special Attacker:

Leech Seed:

Forretress:

Specially Defensive:

Physically Defensive:

Snorlax:

Curse:

Choice Band:

RestTalk:

Roserade:

Toxic Spikes Lead:

Spikes:

Bronzong:

Tank:

Dual Screen:

Trick:

Offensive Trick Room:

Aerodactyl:

Lead:

Life Orb:

Jolteon:

Choice Specs:

Charge Beam:

Life Orb:

Togekiss:

Paraflinch:

Defensive Nasty Plot:

Choice Scarf:

Hippowdon:

Physically Defensive:

Specially Defensive:

Magnezone:

Choice Scarf:

Substitute:

Choice Specs:

Hi Tomahawk,

solid team, I remember battling it and discussing it with you after. iirc, I believe I suggested SpD Heatran over Bronzong. This is because I don't really see what Zong does for you. It sets up rocks and weakens Rotom-A switchins so Donphan can Spin, yeah, but it's still not doing that much damage. Heatran can set up rocks as well while completely walling anything defensive Rotom-A can throw at it (offensive versions such as Choice Specs, Life Orb or Choice Scarf are destroyed by Donphan's Assurance), while Zong has to fire off one well-timed Payback and switch out while not even doing that much damage. It also helps against SubRoost Zapdos, who can stall this entire team out if played well.

Heatran @ Leftovers | Calm | EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Stealth Rock / Flamethrower / Roar / Protect

One other suggestion I'd like to make is using an EV spread of 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 Spe on Rotom, changing it to a Wash form and using Hydro Pump over Overheat. Your current set is complete Pursuit Tyranitar bait, and seeing as Pursuit Tar is often paired with Rapid Spinners such as Forretress or Starmie, this could be game-breaking. With Spikes down, you can 2HKO the switchin with Hydro Pump. Max HP gives you the greatest amount of longevity, plus it helps when switching in to Starmie's Hydro Pump (72 SAtk EVs to KO it from full HP aren't necessary when you're running multiple layers of entry hazards) or Forretress's Payback (in which case you can pivot into Tran right after).

Just some things to consider. Very good team, good luck.

Thanks for the rate BKC.

As you say, you have already recommended Heatran, and I have also already tried him. However, I think it's not on the main version of the team because of its typing. Yes, it's a great typing, but it has 3 major downfalls for my team. It cannot combat offensive Water-types such as Starmie and Suicune, which Bronzong used to be able to, especially the former. Second, it is weak to Focus Blast, making it unable to stop Gengar, where Bronzong used to be my main counter. Finally, Bronzong can set up SR on a wide rang of Pokemon, with only Heatran and Infernape being the common ones I cannot set up SR on. Heatran however, cannot set up SR on such a wide range of Pokemon because of its weakness to Ground, and to a lesser extent, Water and Fighting. Bronzong can also blow up on problematic which I liked. I'm definitely gonna retry Heatran though, but probably with Earth Power or Dragon Pulse over Protect because the lack of coverage is fairly annoying.

Yes, I know always OHKOing Starmie at 100% is not that useful, but ones with Recover can sometimes be at that health. Also, it isn't meant to be specificially enough to take down Starmie, but more so I have a reasonable amount of power. I'm definitely going to try Rotom-W and 40 SpA though.

Again, thanks for the rating, keep them coming!

Excellent, excellent rmt in more ways than one! I like the creativity as well as the lengthy descriptions. Im on my ipod so youll have to forgive my concisesness and possible spelling errors. The only major threat i see to this team is life orb heatran. Gyarados isnt running any special defense and id heatran has hp electric (dont laugh, people like me use it) you are at a terrible risk of having your core dismantled. Even without it you rely on gyarados, who could be exploded on or taking hefty damage on the switch from consecutive fire blasts- or worse, taunted below 25 percent.

Fortunately i think this is pretty easy to patch up. I agree with bkc that hydro pump should be on rotom. Rotom doesnt need overheat to handle ajy of the thinvs you listed, and it will help for keeping tyranitar off your turf. Plus, anything a lo heatran is likely to do to a resttalk gyarados (taunt, explode, switch out, hp electric) can be handled by a switch to rotom.

The other change id like to make would be to skarmory. I dont think that taunt skarmory is appropriate for this kind of team. Taunt skarm is better foe balanced teams that dont also need to pack a phazer. I understand how it helps skarm in the lead metagame but right now, dd tyranitar shits all over you and its just not pretty. Whirwind would really be preferable there.

Thats all i got, awesome team. I hope this helps!

Thanks Smith!
I'm probably going to use Rotom-W over Rotom-H, because of Tyranitar and, as you said, Heatran.
I haven't though of Whirlwind over Taunt yet. I'm definitely gonna test it. Thanks!

Seconding specially defensive Heatran and Hydro Pump on Rotom. I actually really like Taunt on Skarm, as it helps out a lot against stall teams and such. If anything, you should slot Whirlwind over Brave Bird, as Gyarados makes a good switch-in to Machamp leads (which are less common now anyway). You may have to scout for Stone Edge, but most run Ice Punch and it's definitely tolerable after some Intimidate drops.

I like the idea of Donphan, but choiced Earthquake and Rapid Spin leave you really vulnerable. Although it would makes your team a lot less offensive, I would try a defensive Hitmontop with Foresight / Rapid Spin / Close Combat / Stone Edge. Foresight really helps to spin away hazards, and Hitmontop checks a lot of the same threats that Donphan does. Having two Intimidate users also makes dealing with physical threats a lot easier.

Hitmontop seems like an excellent addition over Donphan. However, I like the idea of Bronzong, but you need to give it earthquake as Calm mind Jirachi would be able to sweep you otherwise. I recommend using it over Payback, as Hitmontop can foresight rotom forms, so you need not fear them. Bronzong helps out against mix Dragonite and mix Electivire who give this team some major trouble otherwise, while still countering CM Jirachi. I don't see the need for a sp.def Heatran over Bronzong personally.

For Rotom, I recomend WoW over Overheat. WoW helps against Scizor, Lucario, Forretress etc. and it hits Tyranitar on the switch in. When you cannot decide between the Overheat/Hydro pump, WoW makes a great alternative. It also compliments your stall team nicely as it could do with some status. With 2 intimidators (assuming you use hitmontop) I would max out sp.def on Bronzong.

On Blissey I question the use of T-wave, if it works it works, but I would have thought Wish support/heal bell/Toxic would be more useful. Wish support would really be appreciated by Bronzong/Rotom/Hitmontop.

On a side note (this is just my opinion), the chassing cars lyrics do not flow well when read, but give the RMT some personality. I would keep them in, but I think a different song would be better in the future.

To recap:
- Hitmontop over Donphan
- Earthquake on Bronzong over Payback
- WoW on Rotom-H over Overheat (NB, use the wash form is so, to scare off Heatrans)

Thanks for the rates guys.

@Faladran: Yes, I'm using Hydro Pump on Rotom now (updating). About Specially Defensive Heatran, I'm not really sure, Bronzong beats the same things Heatran beats, Shaymin, Jolteon, Rotom, etc. I'm definitely testing it though.
I was thinking about making a new team with RestTalk Gyarados + Rapid Spin Hitmontop a few hours before your rate, but not about using it on this team. Very interesting, thanks!

@George182: I though you quitted :p. Anyways, WoW seems interesting, but I'm forced to switch after, and a CBTar still does 69.6% - 83.1% even when burned. I'm gonna test it though. Earthquake is interesting, and I'm gonna definitely test it.
Oh, and what lyrics would you think would flow well?

Oh I no longer play pokemon, but I pop into the RMT forum to see how my team is getting ratted on and every now and then I check out other peoples teams and comment on them if they interest me.

As for lyrics, Im not too sure, a rap song would read better e.g. Diddy Comming home. This is just my personal preference as even tho I like the song chasing cars, it doesn't seem to read well. A rap song relies less on the backing tune and more on rhyme, which is better for reading (imo).

Glad my team interests you! And I'll be sure to make the text flow well next time, as I have to admit you're right.

Looks like I'm late to the rating party.

Sorry for the late reply man, but I've been busy :-/ Anyway, looks like a great team from a glance.

I see a slight weakness to Dragon Dance Tyranitar. Tyranitar can come in on Rotom-W's Shadow Ball, and a Lum Berry variant, can also get in a Dragon Dance on Blissey at ~70%, where it will be taken down by +1 Stone Edge. Skarmory won't be able to wall it all that well, since Stone Edge will 2HKO it, and Tyranitar smack it hard with Fire Punch. Rotom-W can possibly revenge it, but you'll need to inflict some prior damage, which may be hard to inflict outside of entry hazard damage, since Tyranitar will outspeed 5 /6 of your team and OHKO / 2HKO them. Bronzong can also work against Tyranitar, but again, with no form of Recovery, it will be worn out that Tyranitar will plow through it.

I think you could try a Rapid Spin Hitmontop over Donphan, as suggested by Faladran. My current issue with Donphan is Choiced Rapid Spin, which gives set-uo opportunities to a bunch of threats. It allows something like a Mixed Dragonite or Mixed Flygon to come in and launch a threatening Draco Meteor. Hitmontop is able to take out Tyranitar with relative ease, thanks to Intimidate, and KOing it with Mach Punch or Close Combat, as Tyranitar fails to do significant damage with NVE Stone Edge and Crunch. It also allows you to revenge threats such as LO Heatran and SD Stone Edge Lucario, which are used to break through stall, without relying on Rotom-W. If you go with this change, you can try Hidden Power Ice over one of Rotom-W's moves (Shadow Ball or Trick), to be able to take on Mixed Dragonite and Flygon better.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Mach Punch / Toxic

Also if you want, you could alter Gyarados's set to perform as a win condition 'mon for your team. You said yourself you couldn't fit a sweeper on your team. While Gyarados won't be a sweeper with the following set, it can sweep if given the chance, while still function as a way to tank hits from common Physical attackers. Basically, go for a 248 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe with a Careful or Impish nature and Dragon Dance over Roar. This way, you can go with Whirlwind over Taunt as Smith mentioned, and still maintain a sturdy pHazer on your team

Thanks LK.

Hitmontop definitely seems interesting, I use Gyara + Top with other teams, and double Intimidate is pretty cool. I'm not so sure about DD Gyara though, as I lose my only phazer, but I'm definitely gonna test it.

Lum Berry is very helpful on this set. The first reason is beating sleep leads such as Roserade and Smeargle. I Taunt the first turn while they use Sleep Powder or Spore and absorb it with my Lum Berry. Smeargle is forced to switch out the next turn while Roserade is forced to do the same if it lacks Hidden Power Fire. The second reason is beating Machamp. Skarmory outspeeds Lead Machamp and 2HKOs with Brave Bird, while Lum Berry protects me from potential confusion. I can also set up 2 layers of Spikes if I have played the opponent before and I don't really need Skarmory.

Taunt is a great move on this set. Against Pokemon with Earthquake as their only attacking move, I can easily Taunt them to prevent them from doing anything useful and set up Spikes. Taunt also provides me with a good weapon against opposing stall teams. Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Forretress and Gyarados can't hurt my Skarmory and can only set up entry hazards or phaze. When I Taunt them I force them out while I can set up another layer of Spikes, netting me an advantage. Furthermore, Taunt provides me with a good option against slow setup Pokemon, such as bulky Swords Dance Scizor, Curse Swampert, Curse Snorlax and Bulk Up Machamp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)