Wyverii vs. Orkonaut (ref: me)

The sun beats down on a large savannah. Pokemon peacefully graze, and flocks of Starly fly overhead. And in the middle of it all, two trainers gaze each other down, each with three Poke Balls on their hips. A little boy ambles up to a floating podium in the middle of them, accompanied by an Aggron and a faintly glowing Machoke.

"Well, Chuck Norris," remarks the Aggron, "This looks like it'll be a good battle."
"Yeah, yeah, sure," grumbles the Machoke. "I need to hurry up and evolve already. I DO have 9 EC...anyway, let's get this show on the road." He pulls out a small Pokedex from his belt. "Press that button there, this one here...okay! Here's the data for this battle."

The Rules said:
Challenging Orkonaut!
2v2 single battle
1 restore/5 chills
3 day DQ

Arena

Grand Plains

A large stretch of savannah with dry grass, warm tempretures and a watering hole nearby. There's plenty of mud near the water and the sky is slightly overcast. Some grazing Pokémon can be found here like Tauros, Zebstrika and Buffolant that may stampede if startled.

(up to ref whether they want to use the grazing Pokémon or not)

Switch=KO
No Items
One Ability
"Alright," booms Hardhead. "ARE YOU READY? Wyverii, please send out your first Pokemon!"

I'll send out King the Prinplup with his only ability Torrent! Lets go tear it up!

Prinplup(*) [King] (M)
Nature: Bold
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Competitive Spirit (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's move, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: ** (-)
Def: **** (+)
SpA: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 50

EC: 7/9
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Pound(*)
Growl(*)
Bubble(*)
Water Sport(*)
Peck(*)
Metal Claw
Bide(*)
Bubblebeam(*)
Fury Attack(*)

Aqua Ring(*)
Flail(*)
Yawn(*)
Mud Sport

Ice Beam(*)
Pluck(*)
Surf(*)

Tear shit up is my line!

/sigh

Whatever. Let's show this puffball who's the star! Go, Victory! Natural Cure, because Illuminate SUUUCKS.

Staryu(*) Victory
Nature:Modest (Add * to Special Attack; Subtract * from Attack*)

Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1)

HP: 90
Atk: *(-)
Def: **
SpA: ****(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 85

Abilities
Illuminate:
Type: Can be Activated
At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.

Natural Cure:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Analytic (DW):
Type: Can be Enabled
If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy. (Locked)

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Harden (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Recover (*)
Camouflage (*)
Swift (*)

Hydro Pump (*)
Cosmic Power (*)
Light Screen (*)

EC: 0/6
MC:0
DC:0/5

Light Screen to start! His special attacks won't mean a thing! Then, Cosmic Power, to give us some more defensive kick. Next, hop into that pond and Camouflage. He can't hit what he can't see!

Right, all this won't do. King, Yawn at him then Growl and finally to end off Peck at him since that bothersome light screen won't make things easy.

Yawn -> Growl -> Peck

Up on the ref podium, Chuck Norris suddenly begins to glow. His form expands and he grows two extra arms. The glow fades and he looks at himself happily. "All right, I'm a Machamp now! Update my profile in the Registration Tower already, it still says I'm a Machoke..."

"All right, fine!" I say. "Give me a second..."

"Uhhh, guys?" Interrupts Hardhead. "We've got a battle to ref here, remember?"

"Oh, right," says Chuck Norris. "Let me just bring up the stats..."

Prinplup(*) [King] (M)
Energy: 100
Boosts: None
Other: None

Staryu(*) Victory
Nature:Modest
HP: 90
Energy: 100

"Looks good," says Hardhead. "Now, let's get going!"

"Well, it looks like Victory's aiming for Victory," comments Chuck Norris, earning himself a smack on the head from Hardhead. "He's spinning around rapidly...oh! He's erected a Light Screen around himself!"

"King's going to be hard pressed to hurt Victory now," comments Hardhead. "His Special Attacks will do approximately nothing, and his Attack is a measly **."

"Why do I get the feeling this battle is going to turn into a stallfest?" mutters Chuck Norris. "Anyways, aren't you supposed to be narrating the battle? Or is it just me?"

"Just you," I mutter under my breath.

"King apparently has decided to not attack...a wise move on his part," remarks Hardhead. "Is he...bored? He's Yawning at Victory! Now that's just rude!"

"I think it was strategy," remarks Chuck Norris. "Not that you would know what that is...how does a Staryu even hear the Yawn anyway? It doesn't really have ears..."

Wisely, Hardhead chooses to ignore Chuck Norris. "It looks like Staryu's taking in the sunlight," he says. "She's absorbing the Cosmic Power, and it looks like she'll be even tougher to kill now!"

"Staaaaaalfeeeeest..." I mutter.

Apparently Chuck Norris is either completely deaf or just not listening. "King must like the sound of his own voice," he says. "Now she's Growling! Will somebody ever attack? I'm a Machamp for God's sake! Who uses me on a stall team?"

"Don't feel bad, partner," says Hardhead. "My best set is a Choice Band set, for god's sake!"

"Good thing I play offensive..." I mutter once again. Will I ever say anything above a mutter in my own reffing? Somehow, I doubt it.

"Oh my God, Staryu's MOVING!" exclaims Hardhead. "It's dashing over to the pond, hopping in...where'd it go? Oh, there it is. It's Camouflaged itself!"

"Impossible! King's ATTACKING!" says a surprised Chuck Norris. "It's running over to the pool and looking around for Victory. It's found it...and Pecked it...threatening, eh?"

"Eh," responds Hardhead. "The stats?"

"Alright, coming," grumbles Chuck Norris. "Here ya go..."

Staryu(*) Victory
HP: 86
Energy: 81
Boosts: +1 Special Defense, +1 Defense, -1 Attack, Camouflaged (5), Will fall asleep in 1 Action

Prinplup(*) [King] (M)
Energy: 87

"Happy?" asks Chuck Norris.

"Very," replies a pacified Hardhead. "Wyverii, it's your turn. Go for it!"

*slaps head* ahh, growl doesn't drop what I wanted. Trust me to forget what one of the most commonly used dropping moves does. Ahh, right. Not much I can do here.
Smack him with a Fury Attack then Surf to remove that Starmie from the pool, finally Peck him.

Fury Attack -> Surf -> Peck

"What?" Chuck Norris says. "Why aren't we starting? Oh, right, the stats. "Here..."

Staryu(*) Victory
HP: 86
Energy: 81
Boosts: +1 Special Defense, +1 Defense, -1 Attack, Camouflaged (5), Will fall asleep in 1 Action

Prinplup(*) [King] (M)
Energy: 87

"Thanks," says Hardhead. "Victory's looking tired...really tired. But even so, he shoots off a Swift volley of stars that hit King directly-"

"Of course they hit him directly!" exclaims Heardhead. "In case you haven't noticed, Swift never misses! Were you expecting it to pull a Garchomp and dodge it F BS HAX style? Bigger question, why isn't Staryu using Thunderbolt?"

Slightly rattled by the onslaught of violent remarks, Chuck Norris simply replies "Good question...so anyways, looks like King is coming back. He's running up to the pond and hitting Staryu with a Fury of two little Attacks...doesn't look like they're doing much though. I mean, a physically attacking Bold Prinplup? Not going to do much."

"You're telling me!" says Hardhead. "Oh...I think Victory's nodding off. Yep, there it goes. It's fallen into a Deep Sleep. King's taking advantage of it too. He's summoning a huge wave of water out of the pool, Surfing Victory onto dry land."

"Didn't look too painful though," remarks Chuck Norris. "Again I say: stallfest. King's not doing much to break it either...just Pecking it once again. This battle is going nowhere fast..."

"Too right," agrees Hardhead. "And it'll go even slower if you don't hurry up and put up those stats!"

"Fine, fine," grumbles Chuck Norris. "Here..."

Staryu(*) Victory
HP: 77
Energy: 80
Boosts: Camouflaged (2)

Prinplup(*) [King] (M)
HP: 92
Energy: 75

Suddenly, Chuck Norris starts. "It looks like Victory's woken up!" he exclaims. "Will the stallfest finally end? Find out...after this commercial break!"

He asked why I don't use Thunderbolt, which I acquired through Move tokens. And we can't use them if we got them mid battle, right?

Yeah that's right. Can't use moves aquired mid-match. Though I almost wish you did since stall matches are pretty boring.

Btw, Orko, you're right; your Staryu couldn't have used Thunderbolt. Just messing with you.

Chuck Norris pulls up the stats without even being asked, giving Hardhead quite a shock.

Staryu(*) Victory
HP: 77
Energy: 80
Boosts: Camouflaged (2)

Prinplup(*) [King] (M)
HP: 92
Energy: 75

"What?" the Machamp asks.

"You...you...pulled up the stats without being asked!" exclaims the shocked Aggron.

"Yeah, yeah," responds the aggrieved Chuck Norris. "Now, we've got a battle to ref!"

"Too right..." I mutter.

"Well, it looks like Victory is definitely planning on turning this battle into a stallfest," remarks Chuck Norris. "She's glowing with a faint white light, and her body's Recovering from some of its previous wounds."

"Great. Just great." replies Hardhead. "King's going on the offensive though-let's give him a cookie! A huge wave of water is rising out of the pool, the Surf crashing onto Victory. He does resist it though..."

"Naturally," groans Chuck Norris. "And, you know, because there isn't enough defensiveness in this match already, Victory's erecting a Screen of Light in the air in front of him. I don't think Special attacks are going to be doing much here..."

"Agreed," says Hardhead. "Looks like King's going physical though, despite his wimpy ** Attack. ***** Attack BROFIST!" he yells, fist-bumping Chuck Norris suddenly. "Anyways, King's Claws are getting hard as Metal. "He's raking them across Victory's face/eyes/things, but it's not doing much."

"Nothing in this match is doing much," affirms Chuck Norris. And as if to prove the point, Victory summons another huge wave of water out of the slowly depleting pond, the sadly resisted Surf washing over Victory."

"Aaaaand guess what King does now?" observes a disgruntled Chuck Norris. "He runs over to Victory...and Pecks him once again. Sad, isn't it?"

"Very," agrees Hardhead. "Both Pokemon look raring to go still...the stats?"

Staryu(*) Victory
HP: 78
Energy: 55
Boosts: Light Screen (5)

Prinplup(*) [King] (M)
HP: 81
Energy: 62

"One step ahead of you," replies a satisfied Chuck Norris. "Now let's hope something of interest happens next round, kay?"

Frikkin' Light Screen. Ah well, lets do something a bit more fun then.

King, Surf over Victory with whatever's left from the pool then I want you to Ice Beam that water while it's washing over Victory then use Metal Claw. If Victory is frozen in the ice use the Metal Claw to carve him out then throw him at the wild Pokémon.

Surf -> Ice Beam (the water while surfing) -> Metal Claw (if Staryu frozen carve him out and throw towards wild mons)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)