Darthvader317 Vs Flora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arena Details and shit.

Arena- Route 126

A sandy island just outside of Sootopolis City, roughly 40x40 feet, with a few tall rocks on the north side. The battle takes place during the same time Kyogre and Groudon battle in Sootopolis, and so at the end of each round there's a 50% chance of the weather becoming Sunny and 50% chance of it becoming Rainy.
Sure. =)

Switch=KO
No Items
One Ability
Order:

Darthvader sends out his Pokemon and what ability it'll use
Flora does the same and issues commands
Vader issues commands
I ref.
and then the order alternates as to who issues command first.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some stuff that would be good to reference here:

3v3 Singles
1 Recovery, 5 Chills
3 Day DQ

Anyway... cool, I don't have to pull off the big guns right away. =) But Vapes does indeed look tough and shouldn't be underestimated...

Go Snow White (Ice Body)! Let's give this a shot!

Snorunt (Snow White) (F)

Start off with an Icy Wind to slow down Vapes! If Vapes used Detect on that turn, use Icy Wind the next turn! If it's Dig, then don't Icy Wind like an idiot and wait... to get attacked and then Icy Wind! If it's not a Dig attack, then take advantage of that with Double Team. Summon a Blizzard in an attempt to get some damage racking. Finish up with an Icy Wind!

Icy Wind / if Dig (attack), then wait to get attacked and then Icy Wind / if Dig (evade) then Double Team (2 clones) - Blizzard / Icy Wind (if it didn't get a hit last action) - Icy Wind

*Eevee [Vapes] (Female)
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *; Attack reduced by *)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: *(-)
Def: **
SpA: ***(+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 55

EC:1/6
MC:1
DC:1/5

Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type deal two (2) more damage.
Anticipation (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has great knowledge of the field and can always remain close to an earthbound foe no matter where it runs, flying opponents and levitating Pokemon are unaffected.

Attacks:
Tackle*
Tail Whip*
Helping Hand*
Sand-Attack*
Growl*
Quick Attack*
Detect*
Wish*
Yawn*
Hidden Power [7 Electric]*
Dig*
Shadow Ball*

Snorunt (Snow White) (F)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk).

Type:
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon. (Glalie/Froslass line, Regice, Glaceon, Vanilluxe line, Beartic line and Furijio ONLY: immunity to Sheer Cold, removal of Boiling water's Burn effect, and 50% reduction in burn chance from Fire moves.)

Stats:
Snorunt
HP: 90
Atk: *(-)
Def: **
SpA: ***(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 50

EC: 5/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Ice Body: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.
Moody (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's traits are always fluctuating from one strength to another. At the end of each round, one of the Pokemon's stats (Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed, Accuracy, Evasion) will be boosted by two (2) stages and another will be reduced by one (1) stage. This stat change lasts until the end of that round, where Inconsistent is re-applied, overwriting the boosted and dropped stats. This stat boost/drop occurs outside the normal boosts/drops.

Attacks:
Powder Snow
Leer
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect

Hail
Blizzard
Shadow Ball

Block
Disable
Fake Tears

Welcome pokemon fans, to what will surely be a great battle! Now, those watching may be wondering why we're broadcasting a regular battle instead of reporting about Sootopolis City. Well, considering whats happning there right now, the crew and me decided they didn't want to die today, so there.

The female trainer decides to send out a cute little Snorunt named Snow White. Bit of an odd choice if you ask me! The male trainer sends out an equally cute Eevee named Vapes.

Looks like Vapes doesn't seem to consider Snow White to be all that, infact, she seems to be bored, and lets out a loud Yawn right at her! Snow White, annoyed that Vapes thinks she nothing, lets loose with a blast of Icy Wind. The cold seems to have had an effect on Vapes movement, slowing her down.

ROARRRRR!!!

Woah, did everyone else hear that? Now you know why we aren't in Sootopolis! Anyway, that roar seems to have startled Vapes, giving Snow White the opportunity to unleash a humongous Blizzard! However, Vapes managed to Detect the Blizzard at the last second and manages to dodge it.

Now, Snow White is infuriated that her Blizzard attack has failed to hit her mark. Instead of another Blizzard like we expected, she lets out another Icy Wind to further ruin Vapes' Speed. Vapes seems to become even more sluggish, but she managaes to fire off a ball made of shadow at Snow White, hitting her.

Wow, this battle sure is starting to heat up, and I-- hey, wasn't the whether clear before and not a huge downpour?

Energy: 82%
HP: 81
About to fall asleep

Energy: 76%
HP: 72
Sluggish due to the Icy Wind's

Darthvader issues actions
Flora issues actions
I ref

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Blargh Quick Attack! A_A. Okay, well, all I know is that Yawn is really nasty and that's all I'm going to focus on. Snow White, create 3 clones of Double Team AND MAKE THEM RUN OFF IN EVERY DIRECTION POSSIBLE. Yes, hide, or try to before you go to sleep. You can say this is like a combo of some sort, so the running will delete a good portion (I call 5 though 2-4 would be awesome) of your energy. I know the layout of the map, and if we're battling by the sea (righthand side), then you know, spread northward as there are a bunch of areas that branch off to other areas. What this will do is caused Vapes to waste a bit more time and energy trying to find the right you! If you wake up faster than I expect, give Vapes a chilly Icy Wind full on.

Double Team (3 clones) and run off in different directions northward - sleep - sleep/if awake, use some energy to chase after Vapes and fire off an Icy Wind (clones should do this too to keep the confusion running)

Energy: 82%
HP: 81
Boosts/Drops:
Other: About to fall asleep (1A until Sleep)
Actions: Double Team (3 clones), Sleep, Sleep/Icy Wind if awake

Energy: 76%
Boosts/drops: -2 Speed
Other:
Actions: Quick Attack, Hidden Power, Shadow Ball

Welcome back TV watchers, to the exciting battle between Vapes and Snow White! Last time, both pokemon decided that disrupting the other was the best idea, which left us with Snow White about to fall asleep and Vapes finding it hard to move with all the Icy Wind's it's taken. It's also started to pour, which is ruining our visbility, so bear with us!

Woah, Vapes decided to show off an amazing show of speed despite being slowed down with a Quick Attack! Snow White just shrugs it off, looking as if it's concentrating har-- woah, now there seems to be 4 Snow Whites, and they seem to be running to the north end of the island, but in different directions. This looks exactly like the effects of Double Team, but with more clones then expected.

Vapes is now completely disoriented, not knowing which one is the real Snow White. Her trainer tells her to unleash a Hidden Power at the closest snow White, which hits it dead on! But unfourtantley, it wasn't the real Snow White, who is somewhere among the rocks, sleeping happily.

Vapes decides now to hurl a ball made of shadow right at the farthest Snow White. This attack also seems to have hit it directly, but alas, this one also seems to be a clone. The real Snow White is still sleeping somewhere, likely dreaming of snow and the cold.

Well, this round surely was an interesting one, tune in next time for--- is the weather starting to clear?

Energy: 66%
HP: 76
Sleeping pleasent dreams (1 clone remaining)

Energy: 62%
Annoyed by all the clones.

Flora
Darthvader
Me

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Man, sleep is lasting forever lol. =(

Snow White, if you wake up this first action, I want you and your clone to run back to Vapes and give her a taste of an Icy Wind! However, if the clone manages to dissipate from an attack, use another Double Team (3 clones) because it's doing pretty good so far! Otherwise, Icy Wind more!

Icy Wind / Double Team (3 clones) if clone dissipates - Icy Wind - Icy Wind

Okay Vapes, open with Shadow Ball, no matter which you hit the last clone will vanish. Then follow up with Hidden Power and another Shadow Ball, unless Snow gets another Double Team. Then just use Quick Attack.

So: Shadow Ball->Hidden Power/Quick Attack if Snow White used Double Team->Shadow Ball/Quick Attack if Snow White used Double Team

Energy: 66%
HP: 76
Boosts/Drops:
Other: Asleep with one clone
Actions: Double Team, Icy Wind, Icy Wind

Energy: 62%
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
Actions: Shadow Ball, Quick Attack, Quick Attack

As the downpour gives way to the scorching sun, we can finally see the field. Vapes is around a meter away from the rocks, where two Snow Whites are sleeping, looking even cuter then before :3

Vapes starts out by hurling a Shadow Ball al the closest Snow White and hits it, but alas, it was a clone! The commotion finally wakes the real Snow White up, who wants to continue the little game by Double Teaming again, creating 3 clones and amplifiying the cuteness on the island by 400%.

Vapes is now quite flustered, not knowing which Snow White is the real one. She decides to lash out quickly at the closest one, but the attack only hit a clone. The other Snow White's rush at Vapes and let out a huge Icy Wind, making Vapes's normally elegent movement to become slow and sluggish.

Vapes, now cold, slow, and annoyed, lashes out quickly at another Snow white, and this time, the attack hits the true one! The rest of the Snow White's start to flicker and disappear, leaving Snow White alone and infuriated. She lets out a harsh Icy Wind at Vapes to show her what she thinks of her (god thats confusing to read 0_o).

The sun starts to beat down even harder on the battlefield, but doesn't seem to be having a major effect thus far.

Energy: 42% (Can you check this Flora? I think I might have fucked up somewhere on the energy calcs)
HP: 71
Getting a bit tired

Energy: 48%
HP: 54
moving slowly

Darthvader
Flora
Me

(I think Snorunt should have 42% energy, if I counted the consecutive use energy right)

Our turn to play with evasion Vapes. Use Sand Attack, then Shadow Ball, then Hidden Power. If they go for Icy Wind on the last action use Detect instead.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Oh wow, DV's right, lol. For some reason, I counted 40 just like BL last night, but now I count 42. XD

Okay, Protect the Sand Attack. I was thinking about just taking it, but it lasts 2 rounds so nah. Then Icy Wind to slow Vapes even more! Finish up with a howling Blizzard that should hit because Vapes is too slow to even evade that stuff!

Protect - Icy Wind - Blizzard

Energy: 42%
HP: 71
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
Actions: Protect, Icy Wind, Blizzard

Energy: 48%
Boosts/Drops: -2 Speed
Other:
Actions: Sand Attack, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power

Vapes decides that she wants to play this evasion game too, and whips a large pile of sand right at Snow White's face. Instead of dodging this however, she erects a shimmering shield of green, protecting her from the attack.

Snow White decides she's going to be cynical and reduce Vapes already slow movements to a crawl, and blows out another bout of Icy Wind, making Vapes lower then anyone could imagine. Despite all the cold, she manages to launch a Shadow Ball at Snow White, knocking her back.

Snow White decides she needs a bit more punch in her attacks, and starts brewing up a humongous Blizzard! The Icy Wind's that Vapes endured earlier stops her from dodging and she bears the full brunt of the assult, which hits her much harder then expected, resulting in a critical hit. Vapes struggles to get up, but decides instead to let loose some Hidden Power which hits Snow White, knocking her closeer to the water. The sun suddenly gives way to a torrential downpour, flooding the field.

Energy: 26%

Energy: 34%
HP: 33

Flora
Darthvader
Me

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
TY HAX <3 I was so so so so worried about this round!

That couldn't have gone better Snow White! If it ever goes for Yawn + Wish, that's 24 energy gone for her! 12 energy is just right for 2 Shadow Balls though so hmm...
Okay so 26 energy is enough imo. Go out with a blast without a chill!

Icy Wind - Blizzard - Icy Wind

4 - 7 - 4 so that's 15 energy. sounds good to me.

(btw BL keep up the great work!)

Here's what you're going to do Vapes. Dig underground, and stay under until after the Blizzard. Then jump out and use Shadow Ball.

Dig (hold)->Dig->Shadow Ball

Energy: 26%
Boosts/Drops:
Other:
Actions: Icy Wind, Blizzard, Icy Wind

Energy: 34%
HP: 33
Boosts/Drops: -3 Speed
Other:
Actions: Dig (evasive), Dig (stay below sand), Shadow Ball

As our round starts, Snow White, unsurprisingly, decides to go with an Icy Wind. This wind must have been much worse then the others, because it results in a critical hit, blowing Vapes to the middle of the island. Getting utterly pissed off at all this, Vapes decides she needs to get away, so she starts digging through the sand to hide herself.

Snow White, beliving Vapes will come out of the sand anytime soon, lets loose a huge Blizzard, which looks very pretty, but didn't accomplish much else besides wasting her energy. Vapes is still underground, so we really don't know how she's doing, but I doubt it's good.

Snow White decides to be wasteful AGAIN, and lets loose some Icy Wind. right after she's finished doing this, Vapes bursts from the sand and fires a Shadow Ball at Snow White, which hits due to the close proximity and surprise of the attack.

Both Pokemon look like their on the verge of exhaustion, and the weather isn't helping matters, just pouring even harder as the time goes on.

Energy: 11%
HP: 45

Energy: 13%
HP: 21

Darthvader
Flora
Me

Yes Flora is getting a shitload of hax.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Take the Shadow Ball like a pro and Chill, then Icy Wind for a light hit! Disable that Shadow Ball from before to make yourself annoying! Next round will be Vapes's last round!

+12 - 4 - 4

I like it.

edit: okay, what's creative... I really need one Icy Wind in there.

Disable's just going to seal DarthVader's best attacking option, so let's not be gay. After chilling Vapes with that Icy Wind, give her a nasty Bite on the face and see if she'll flinch!

Chill - Icy Wind - Bite

edit: my scenario

Snow White (F)
HP: 45
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Chill - Icy Wind - Bite

Vapes (F)
HP: 21
Energy: 13

Boosts/Drops:

Others:
Actions: Shadow Ball - Chill - Shadow Ball

---------------------------------------------------------

link to rng: http://www.random.org/integers/

Action 1

Snow White Chill, +12% Energy.
Vapes Shadow Ball, 8 + (3-2 x 1.5) = 10 Damage, 6 Energy.

check if shadow ball lowers SpD (20% chance) or crits (6 or lower on a 100 scale, 62 or lower on a 1000 scale, noting this with (*))

Action 2

Snow White Icy Wind, 6 + 3 + (3-3 x 1.5) = 9 Damage, 4 Energy.
Vapes Chill, +12% Energy.

check if icy wind misses (95% accurate) or crits (*). if hit, vapes gets another -1 Spe

Action 3

Snow White Bite, 6 + (1-2 x 1.5) = 5 Damage, 4 Energy.
Vapes flinch? If not, Vapes Shadow Ball, 10 Damage, 6 Energy.

check if bite flinches (30% chance) and/or crits (*). if no flinch, check if shadow ball lowers SpD (20% chance) or crits (*).

these stats note if no hax occurs and bite doesn't flinch, otherwise, you can check and edit for yourself.

Snow White (F)
HP: 25
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Vapes (F)
HP: 7

Boosts/Drops:
-1 Spe
Others:

Ok, the results Flora got match with the RNG, so the turn order ( No story because i'm fucking tired).

Flora
Darth
Me

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
From the past it comes!

I'm fine with no story and I hope DV is fine with that too. Okay Snow White, let's FINALLY wrap this up and move it somewhere!

Icy Wind x3

I'm going to assume a Quick Attack is coming, but if it's a Detect, I won't really mind that either.

edit for below: Weather completely slipped my mind. Good thing it's not needed this round, but next round, it'll be needed maybe?

I'm alright with no story. But what's the weather conditions?

Vapes, use Quick Attack until you drop. That's pretty much our only option to get some damage for the next 'mon.

FLORAEDIT

-------------------

Snow White (F)
HP: 25
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Icy Wind

Vapes (F)
HP: 7

Boosts/Drops:
-1 Spe
Others:
Actions: Quick Attack

link to rng: http://www.random.org/integers/

Action 1

Vapes Quick Attack, 4 + 3 + 2 + (1-2 x 1.5) = 8 Damage, 2 Energy.
Snow White Icy Wind, 6 + 3 + (3-3 x 1.5) = 9 Damage, 4 Energy.
Vapes faints

these stats note if no hax occurs and bite doesn't flinch, otherwise, you can check and edit for yourself.

Snow White (F)
HP: 17
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Vapes (F)
HP: frozed over
Energy: 0

Boosts/Drops:

Others:

BL checks if it's sunny or raining.

Alright, DarthVader sends in a new mon (+ its ability of choice) and its orders, then Flora orders!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Mmk, 2 months and not one Pokemon has fainted yet. Sorry guys, I think I want to call ref DQ. I actually thought that was a 2v2 until I saw the 3v3, lol.

At the risk of sounding greedy, Snow White would've gotten the KO Counter on Vapes next round (a fast next round), and the next Pokemon of Darthvader's would get a quick and easy KO on Snow White. Buuut, that would be the round after the round that Snow White gets the KO, which I think is "too far".

Thanks BLord for the reffing as thus far and Darthvader for being my opponent! I really wanted to use my Chinchou here though... =(

Treat this as a 1v1, though, and it'll be fine.

Prizes
KO Counters: Snow White (1)
1 EC, MC, and DC: Snow White and Vapes
2 Trainer Counters: Flora and Darthvader317
1 Ref Token: Berserker Lord
Winner: No one (Tie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)