*MATCH OVER* Objection vs. iiMKUltra (Ref: Acklow, Venser)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Welcome to Tilt Panic!!

Match Over, you may comment now.

The Rules:
Well that last battle against iiMKUltra was so fun, I'd like to have another match with him.

1v1 Singles
3-day DQ time
2 Recovery moves/5 Chills/2 Taunts

Arena: Tilt Panic
  • A 100-foot-wide circle made of ice balanced precariously on a 5-foot-wide pillar in the middle of a large ocean.
  • The arena will tilt based on where the pokemon are. Heavier pokemon will influence the tilt more than lighter ones.
  • Pokemon can try to push each other around and knock each other off the arena with their attacks. A pokemon that gets knocked off is considered KO'd. Stronger attacks have more pushing power and are more likely to knock a pokemon off. Heavier pokemon are harder to push and pokemon further from the edge are harder to knock off. The angle of the arena also affects the chance of a pokemon being knocked off.
  • Every round there is a 50% chance of a Walrein jumping up from the water below and landing somewhere on the edge of the arena. It will not attack but its weight will affect the tilt of the arena for the duration of the round and then it will slide back into the water at the end of the round. A Walrein cannot appear on two consecutive rounds.

Summary: Arena tilts based on position and weight of pokemon, pokemon can be KO'd by being knocked off, Walrein may appear from time to time.
I sense my Groudon won't be of much use in this battle.

Switch = lol
One Ability
No Items

Alright, so this is how we will roll:
-PM Venser and I your teams.
-Objection sends out his mon first
-iiMKUltra responds with his own (and actions)
-Objection replies with his actions
-Rinse and Repeat (swap order every round)

Either Venser or I will update this battle.

iiMKUltra has told me he's sent his team in, so it's time to choose the pokemon to battle on this arena. I might have to try it in a longer battle some other time!

I choose Frollo the Meditite, who will be using the Pure Power ability because he has not unlocked his Dream World ability yet.

Meditite (*) [Frollo] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)

Type: Fighting/Psychic
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: *** (+)
Def: **
SpA: * (-)
SpD: **
Spe: 60

Abilities:
Pure Power: (Innate) This Pokemon has immense inner strength, raising its Attack by **. If skill swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack is only raised by *.
Telepathy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Attacks:
Bide (*)
Meditate (*)
Confusion (*)
Detect (*)
Hidden Power Fighting 6 (*)
Mind Reader (*)
Feint (*)
Calm Mind (*)

Drain Punch (*)
Ice Punch (*)
ThunderPunch (*)
Fire Punch

Bulk Up (*)
Brick Break (*)
Rock Slide(*)

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Will be using Polaris the Koffing:

Koffing(*) Polaris (M)
Nature: Bold (Defense increased by *; Attack decreased by *)
Type: Poison
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu,
Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and
Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading
Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:
Atk: **(-)
Def: ****(+)
SpA: ***
Spe: 35

EC: 3/6
MC: 2

Attacks:
Poison Gas(*)
Tackle(*)
Smog(*)
SmokeScreen(*)
Assurance(*)
Clear Smog(*)
Selfdestruct(*)

Curse(*)
Pain Split(*)
Destiny Bond(*)

Will-O-Wisp(*)
Sludge Bomb(*)
Thunderbolt(*)

If you can't work out the ability you should see a physician.

Moves are: WOW until it hits, then Smokescreen and Sludge Bomb.

OK, this might be a bit tough for us, so we'll have to think a little out of the box.

First, I want you to make a Rock Slide over the Koffing to push him a bit towards the North edge of the arena. Then, if you are burned by this point, use Calm Mind followed by Confusion. If not, use Calm Mind twice.

Koffing(*) Polaris (M)
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu,
Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading
Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:

vs!

Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Hello, and thank you for watching the results of a cross-over between Sony and Nintendo–I mean, thank you for watching the feature Pokemon Battle! Today, we've got the trainers iiMKUltra and Objection, battling it out on a giant, tilting, platform of ice!

Unfazed by the arena, both combatants toss out their Poke Balls, and release the two Pokemon which will be battling today
– Polaris the Koffing, with toxic smoke trailing behind him; I'm certainly not doing any up-close analysis on that creature; and Frollo the Meditite! Despite his small size, his muscles are already bursting out of his skin! This is certainly going to be a hard-hitting battle!

Meditite seems to have the imitative, and summons a bevy of rocks to crash down on the Koffing. However, the nearest source of such rocks seems to be the bottom of the ocean! As such, Frollo's attack probably isn't hitting at full power, although it does manage to push Koffing over towards the Northern edge of the arena. The Koffing, unfazed by the weak attack, shoots out a ball of fire, leaving a depression in the shape of the path it followed on the ice. The light blue fire strikes true, burning the Meditite and making it harder for him to use his vast muscles.

Meditite, instead of attacking again, this time relaxes his taut muscles, and goes through several mental exercises, leaving him sharper then before. He slips a little bit further towards the North side of the ice rink, towards the Koffing. Speaking of the Koffing, it doesn't look like Polaris is going to take advantage of Frollo's inaction by attacking, but instead is using a tactic reminiscent of a squid shooting out ink, but shooting out smog instead, to disorient the Meditite!

Meditite finally decides to go on the offensive, and shoots out a weak telikinetic force. The strength is boosted by his calming exercises, allowing him to focus deeper and draw out more energy, but he can't see very well, due to the cloud of smog. As the psychic forces purge through the smog, almost dissipating it, Koffing moves ever so slightly and the attack misses! The window of opportunity here is taken by Polaris as he shoots out a solider blob of toxic waste, which slides across the ice and crashes into Frollo, pushing him further south than he had intended to go.

Meditite: .5 power Rockslide, 5 energy, 4 damage; Calm Mind, 7 energy; Confusion, 3 energy

Koffing: Will-O-Wisp, 7 energy, 2 dpa; Smokescreen, 4 energy, Sludge Bomb, 7 energy, 12 damage

HP: 72
Energy: 86
Burned
-1 accuracy
+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

VS!

HP: 86
Energy: 82

Oh bummer, this does not look good.

Frollo, I want you to try to read the Koffing's mind (Mind Reader), and then pin him to the ground with another Rock Slide. Once you've done this, push him closer to the North edge with a Drain Punch.

Koffing(*) Polaris (M)

Abilities:

Stats:

vs!

Stats:

Welcome back to the hottest Pokemon battle channel! Today, we're continuing a much overdue battle between Objection and iiMKUltra, two up-and-coming trainers who certainly show a lot of promise! Polaris the Koffing is facing down Frollo the Meditite as the round is about to start! Frollo's certainly taking a toll from Koffing's attacks, and to top it off his muscles are seething with a burn! Let's see if Objection can take this battle back.

Meditite starts off this round by tapping into his psychic powers, giving his aching muscles a break, as he breaks into the mind of Koffing and realizes what he's planning to do. His next move's most likely going to hit, but Polaris ignores what's going on inside his head and shoots out a ball of sludge. As the attack hits Frollo, the toxic corrodes the ice around him, causing a depression in the floe where he stands. However, his burn seems to have lessened.

And just in time, as Frollo repeats his attack from last round and summons a storm of rocks from the ocean floor, which crash down on top of the Koffing, pinning him to the ground. The attack seems to have taken a toll on Meditite, as he's breathing heavily from the exertion, and what's more Koffing is able to shoot a bolt of electricity from between the cracks in his rocky prison dead-on, jolting Meditite back to reality.

Suddenly it becomes clear what Objection's plan is, as his Meditite races across the slippery ice, trailing both fists behind him. As he nears the Koffing's prison, he moves his fists forward almost faster than the eye can see - BAM! Frollo smashes through the rocks and pushes the grounded Koffing ever closer to the edge! It looks like iiMKUltra's going to have to spend some time next round regaining his position. Koffing doesn't seem to care, however, shooting out another ball of waste which slams the Meditite backwards on the ice.

Koffing is PRECARIOUSLY close to the edge of the ice, plan wisely for next turn.

Meditite: Mind Reader, 6 energy; .5 power Rockslide, 5 energy, 4 damage, Drain Punch, 7 damage, + 4 HP, 8 energy

Koffing: Sludge Bomb, 7 energy, 11 damage; Thunderbolt, 7 energy, 9 damage; Sludge Bomb, 7 energy, 12 damage

HP: 44
Energy: 58

VS!

HP: 75
Energy: 61

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Hmm, looks like we're going to have play defense for a bit.

First use a Sludge Bomb to propel yourself away from the edge, and then get back to the centre with a Tackle. Finish by attacking with a Sludge Bomb.

OK, he might try to get away from the edge, so I want you to Bulk Up to increase your strength. He may get a little further away from the edge of the arena, but then I want you to try to block his tackle with a Drain Punch and then use another Drain Punch to push him back to the edge, maybe even over it.

Acklow

Nature: Adamant
HP: 44
Energy: 58%
Boosts: None
Other: None

VS!

Koffing (*) Polaris (M)
Nature: Bold
HP: 75
Energy: 61%

Begin Round 3!!

Welcome to yet another astounding round of Tilt Panic!! Your commentators for today are very valid Venser and the amazingly accurate Acklow! The sponsers of this fight are Acklow's Berry Pies, The Dojo, and The Battle Subway.

As we look upon the field it seems like Polaris the Koffing is on the edge of the platform. Luckily, the platform doesn't seem to be tilting at all, as Polaris is floating above it. Frollo the Meditite seems to be taking advantage of this crazy arena, hoping that his powerful punches are able to pack the plowing power to push Polaris off the prudent edge!! WHO will be able to take this match to the next level? Well, don't go away, because this round of combat is underway!

Folks, it looks like Frollo's trainer, Objection has figured out his opponent's next move! But why in the world is that little onion head Bulking Up? It seems like Frollo is feeling much stronger because of his rigorous warm up...must be his BIG PECKS!!!!WOOT!!!
Well would you look at that!!! Polaris is spewing out a Sludge Bomb!! How disgusting... The audience looks like it's about to barf at the sight. The greenish-brownish ooze seems to be melting a thin layer of the platform, looks like anyone who steps in that will be seeing themselves slightly poisoned for a while. Polaris seems to have been propelled by this messy attack towards the center of the stage.

It looks like Objection is yelling a command to Frollo. What will Frollo do? Oh my, why it's a powerful Drain Punch!! Frollo's fists are glowing in a greenish glow! His punch is connected to Polaris!! Whoa! Polaris is losing some of his energy to Frollo!! The impact is sending Polaris towards the edge again!! Polaris's trainer, iiMKUltra, seems to be grimacing under the stress of this battle. But Pokemon and Trainer alike, it doesn't seem like they're about to let this battle opportunity fall away! Polaris forces its body towards the center of the platform by Tackling Frollo. The impact causes both Pokemon to slide towards the center, however, the platform seems to have tilted to a 200 degree angle, causing movement on the platform to be a little more tedious.

Well folks, this battle isn't over yet!!! Frollo seems to be following up with another powerful Drain Punch!! The power knocked Polaris off of his feet (wtf?!! how in the world can that happen?!!)!!! Polaris flies to the end of the platform that is tilted upwards. Polaris spews another disgusting spray of toxic waste, in the form of Sludge Bomb. The spittle sizzles as some of it hits the ground, while the other bits of it fly straight into Frollo. This battle has been raging awesome!!

End Round 3

Field Effects:

Platform is tilted 200 degrees.
There are some toxic waste puddles on the ground. If any non-poison Pokemon steps on them, they will receive minor poisoning.
Polaris is on the upper edge of the platform.
Frollo is at the center of the platform.

Nature: Adamant
HP: 21
Energy: 42%

VS!

Koffing (*) Polaris (M)
Nature: Bold
HP: 55
Energy: 44%

Sludge Bomb: 14 Dmg
Drain Punch: 10 Dmg, 5 HP healed/punch
Tackle: 5 Dmg

OK, this is going to seem a little odd, but I want you to create a Rock Slide between you and Polaris to weigh down the side that he's on and make it harder for him to get to the middle. Then, once the tilt is low enough, I want you to charge in with two Brick Breaks to knock him off.

Acklow

I'm going to give iiMKUltra a grace period of 4-5 hours. If he does not post his actions, this post will be updated with the DQ message and the points given to each player.

E: Nevermind, we cleared up all the problems. Game is going to be called very, very soon here (which means I'm going to be reffing the final round, not Venser).

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Sludge Bomb-Sludge Bomb-Sludge Bomb

Two should do the trick, but just to be sure. Avoid rocks etc, make sure they hit at the expense of some energy if necessary.

This looks like the final round for both players! Koffing is slipping dangerously towards the edge, and the entire arena is tilted almost 200 degrees! Meditite on the top of the platform is slowly surrendering his position to gravity, while doing his best to avoid the toxic puddles left as residue of Koffing's attacks!

As the official mascot of Smogon.com (which isn't being advertised at all) attempts to float back up to the higher edge of the platform to gain some footing and not be at constant risk of misfalling, his foe Frollo the Meditite summons a bitty bevy of boulders bounding borderlessly, bitchin' bedrock balancing the borders. Um, that is, weighing it down on one side, making the climb even steeper for Koffing. Polaris changes his plan of attack and fires off one more ball of his trademark toxins, which splash over Frollo and bore depressions into the ground.

Throwing caution to the wind, Meditite sits down and starts sliding down the dangerously tilted ice floe, aiming to push the Koffing off by punching him with the added momentum of his slide. He's drawing nearer, but his health is reaching critical levels; if this doesn't push Koffing off the cliff, it looks like this is game. And Meditite hits, with a punch strong enough to smash through bricks! But Koffing's been resistant to straight-up fighting tactics by virtue of his evolutionary path, and he manages not to fall of the edge. Realizing that this is the ending blow, with the sun forming a halo behind him, Polaris abrubtly ends the moment and shoots another accumulation of poison at Frollo (who is standing very close nearby, almost exhausted from the attack) which slams into him.

The force of the blow causes Meditite to fall over, and as his body lies in a fetal position on the ground, he continues to slide as Koffing grins evilly. A fitting end to a brutal battle as Frollo falls down the side of the floe and hits the water. That's the game, let's hear it for our two contestants, iiMKUltra and Objection1

Meditite
SHARK BAIT!
VS!

Koffing
LEERING WITH VICTORY!

iiMKUltra wins!

Both get 1 TC, and Acklow and I get 1 ref counter each. As for individual rewards:
Koffing: 1 MC / EC / DC / KO Counter
Meditite: 1 MC / EC / DC

Good game!

This was fun. Well played iiMKUltra, nice job refs and I might re-use this arena for another battle.

The only thing I would suggest is that, for this arena, it would have been a little bit helpful if the refs had done some end-of-round diagrams showing the positions of the pokemon and which way the arena was tilting.

Also no random Walrein appearances :(

Acklow

The only thing I would suggest is that, for this arena, it would have been a little bit helpful if the refs had done some end-of-round diagrams showing the positions of the pokemon and which way the arena was tilting.

Also no random Walrein appearances :(
Yeah, I agree that the images would've helped. I tried my best, though, to describe where everybody was in my battle description.

RNG sadly didn't like Walrein enough to give him a guest appearance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)