Flora vs Darkamber8288! [Char refs for once]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody, and welcome to an open deserted plaza with a fountain! Here, our two batters, Darkamber8828 and Flora have agreed to battle. Let's see the rules:

[box]1v1 Singles
DQ 1 day
no recovers or chills
Arena: an open deserted plaza with a fountain in the middle
no items
1 ability
switch = ko[/box]

And here is our order of operations!

[box]1) DA sends out his Pokemon
2) Flora does the same
3) Flora issues her actions
4) DA issues his
5) I ref
6) DA does actions
7) Flora does hers
8) I ref
9) jump to step three[/box]

Here are the Pokemon that will be battling:

Paras
HP: 90
Atk: **** (+1)
Def: **
SpA: * (-1)
SpD: **
Spe: 25

x1.15 To Speed, -1 to Special Defense

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:

Dry Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon has spongy, yet sensitive skin, causing it to burn in bright sunlight for damage but absorb water and heal damaged tissues in rain. This effect results in dealing 2 damage/action to this Pokemon in sunlight and recovering 2 HP/action in rain. It also makes the Pokemon weak to fire, but it absorbs the damage of water attacks and recovers HP when struck instead.

Effect Spore: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon has a stockpile of defensive spores which it realeases on opponents who strike with contact attacks. There is a 10% chance each of poison, paralysis, and sleep. When disabled, the Pokemon's Powder attacks are 10% more accurate.

Attacks:

Scratch
Stun Spore
Poisonpowder
Leech Life
Fury Cutter
Spore

Bug Bite
Leech Seed
Screech

Protect
Bullet Seed
Toxic

Chinchou(*) Sappharite (F)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to SpA; Subtracts * from Atk).

Type:
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Chinchou
HP: 100
Atk: *(-)
Def: **
SpA: ****(+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 67

EC: 5/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Volt Absorb: (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs all electrical attacks and instead of taking damage, recover HP. Thunder Wave has no effect on the Pokemon.
Illuminate: (Innate) At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.
Water Absorb (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recover HP equal to what the damage would have done.

Attacks:
Supersonic(*)
Bubble(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Flail(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Water Gun(*)
Spark(*)
Take Down(*)
Charge
Electro Ball

Whirlpool(*)
Agility(*)
Mist(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Scald(*)
Volt Switch

Heal Bell

Let the games begin!

don't really see the point of sending out me pokemons when there's only one of them and the ref knows anyway but whatever

Leeps the Paras! I hope I predicted right when I picked you!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I won't use my Toxicroak even though she's with me. Go type disadvantaged fish with useless Volt Absorb!

You're in the fountain, right? I want you to hax Leeps up as much as possible!

Thunder Wave - Confuse Ray - Ice Beam

Just do it.

Good matchup! I was right!

but...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

WELL

TWO CAN PLAY AT THE STATUS GAME

Spore ~ Leech Seed ~ Toxic

If you miss a stationary, comatose target, I will murder you.

Also, charm, I have Spore as both a level up move and an egg move. I've changed the egg move to Screech, so can you, like, change it too?

Also I choose Dry Skin.

I swear you two are the fastest posters *_*

Health: 90
Energy: 100%
Boosts: no
Other: no
vs.

Health: 100
Energy: 100%

======================

Our spectators gather around a petite fountain to observe our baby warfare. Darkamber confidently look at a shining Pokeball. He mumbles something in confidence and throws it up in the air. Out comes our favorite mushroom-like insect called Paras! However, Flora doesn't look discouraged at all. With a malevolent grimace on her face, she sends out the death machine knows as Chinchou, ready to destroy and take the prize! (which is just a KO counter). Chinchou shoots a special blue wave of lightning called Thunder Wave at Paras, which paralyzes 25% of it! Paras manages to pull through and uses Spore! While Chinchou takes a nice snooze, Paras sends some weeds into the ground. These roots sprout seeds and start leeching off of Chinchou! We have just witnessed Paras' Leech Seed! While Chinchou sleeps some more, Paras stops and tries to control its paralysis. What a boring turn....Leech Seed does its thing.

====================

Raw Data

Chinchou uses Thunder Wave | 25% paralysis | -7 energy
Paras uses Spore | 3 action sleep | -8 energy
Chinchou is asleep
Paras uses Leech Seed | 6 turns of Leech Seed | -10 energy
Chinchou is asleep
Paras is fully paralyzed

====================

Energy: 82%
Other: Leech Seed support for four (4) more turns
vs.

Health: 97
Health: 93%
Other: Seeded for four (4) more turns

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sleep, maybe wiggle in a Heal Bell while sleeping? Otherwise, Confuse Ray until it's confused and Heal Bell the Toxic off

Sleep - Confuse Ray - Heal Bell

Also, Paras shouldn't be going over its HP limit (90). It should stay at 90. And Leech Seed should be there for 4 more actions, since the action it was employed goes into action, then the next turn, it goes into action as well (from the last round).

sorry for the mistake Flora.

Energy: 82%
Other: Leech Seed support for four (4) more turns
vs.

Health: 97
Energy: 93%
Other: Seeded for four (4) more turns

====================

Flavor (kind of) Text:

After a short break, we're back! Flora is starting to look quite worried that her Chinchou might be dead or something, but time heals all wounds. Chinchou continues its deep slumber while Paras intoxicates Chinchou with Toxic! Chinchou takes one (1) damage from the acidic sludge on it! Looking back it Chinchou, it starts to wake up and the audience claps. It's alive! Its lights start glowing and emit a confusing pattern that slightly confuses Paras! Paras the full impact of Confuse Ray and hits itself to snap itself out of it. Chinchou is Leeched again and Paras feels slightly more refreshed. Leech Seed count drops to two (2)! Chinchou, starting to take the lead, starts to tap its lights together and simulates a Heal Bell! All status conditions are removed. Paras, still not affected by paralysis this round, fires off three Bullet Seeds that hit Chinchou hard.

====================

Raw Data:

Chinchou Sleeps | no effect | -0 energy
Paras uses Toxic | Chinchou is badly poisoned | -7 energy
Chinchou takes one (1) damage from Toxic
Leech Seed | Chinchou loses 3 HP | Leech Seed count drops to three (3)
Chinchou uses Confuse Ray | Paras is Slightly Confused | -9 energy
Paras attacks itself | 7 damage | -0 energy
Leech Seed | Chinchou loses 3 HP and Paras gains 3 | Leech Seed count drops to two (2)
Chinchou uses Heal Bell | status conditions are removed | -9 energy
Paras uses Bullet Seed (hit three times) | 20 damage | -6 energy
Leech Seed | Chinchou loses 3 HP and Paras gains 3 | Leech Seed count drops to one (1)

====================

Health: 89
Energy: 69%
Other: Leech Seed support for one (1) more turns
vs.

Health: 67
Energy: 84%
Other: Seeded for one (1) more turns

====================

flora next

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Okay, so far, I can tell I'm not statused or anything! woot! Bullet Seed hurts like hell though...

If that Paras is not confused, Confuse Ray again! Then Ice Beam and freeze those mushroom caps on its top because... you can? Then Ice Beam again.

Replace your action with Volt Switch to dodge a status move by quickly moving out of harm's way and maaaaybe getting a light hit on Paras! Do this only once and do not replace it with Confuse Ray.

Confuse Ray - Ice Beam / Volt Switch to dodge status and do some damage (sleep, Leech Seed, poison, paralysis) if, and only if, Paras manages to squeeze it out - Ice Beam / Volt Switch to dodge status and do some damage (if the last Volt Switch didn't go active; same condition)

please work confuzzle ray

Okay, if Paras is actually still confused but you forgot to list it, go with:

Ice Beam - Ice Beam - Ice Beam

Volt Change dodge from 1 Spore and apply Confuse Ray if it's gone afterward.

I've got a plan.

Use poisonpowder...on the water! Chinchou may be able to heal itself, but it can't purify the water of all the poisonous powder and pigeon shit in it! Then bullet seed! If you connected with bullet seed earlier, stun spore the water! If not, try again!

Flora I swear the RNG hates you this round

Health: 61
Energy: 56%
vs.

Health: 30
Energy: 67%
====================

Flavor (kind of) Text

Chinchou starts the round by making confusing patterns for Paras to look at with its lights. We have just witnessed Confuse Ray! This attack is appropriately named as the patterns have tattered with Paras' brain and, in fact, confused it! However, Paras has seen this pattern before and quickly deciphers it to the point where it will last one turn! Knowing this time that hitting itself isn't the right thing to do, Paras easily fires off a poisonous powder at Chinchou, which poisons it! As the last of the energy leeching off of Chinchou goes to into Paras, the seeds dry up and wither away. As it takes damage from poison, Chinchou tries freezing the insect with Ice Beam, which doesn't work. However, it does do some big damage! Recovering from this huge hit, Paras lets forth 5 exploding seeds that all hit Chinchou extremely hard. Next, Paras shoots soome yellow powder at Chinchou, and Chinchou starts to look worried. Using its superior Speed, it runs up and hits Paras with some volts, but later decides to just get the hell out of there and backs way up. The electricity from the volts caused Paras to be fully paralyzed!

====================

Raw Data

Chinchou uses Confuse Ray | Paras is confused | -5 energy
Chinchou takes 3 damage and Paras heals 1 (Leech Seed)
Paras uses Poisonpowder | Chinchou is poisoned | -7 energy
Chinchou uses Ice Beam | 20 damage | -7 energy
Chinchou takes 2 damage (Poison)
Paras uses Bullet Seed (5) | 30 damage | -6 energy
Chinchou uses Volt Switch | 9 damage | -5 energy
Chinchou takes 2 damage (Poison)
Paras is fully paralyzed.

====================

also just wanted to say that volt change in no way affected the RNG of paralysis, so don't get the wrong impression.

Spore the water near Sappharite ~ Bullet Seed ~ Bullet Seed

if Confuse Ray is used and you are not confused, replace any action with Protect, but don't use Protect consecutively. Make sure each other listed move is used in that order if actions are replaced.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
NOOOOOO! Okay. Poison only does 2 damage per action so that's okay!

Confuse Ray - Confuse Ray - Ice Beam

3 ACTION CONFUSION THAT MAKES PARAS HIT SELF 3X GOGOGO

DARKAMBER WINS

Health: 61
Energy: 56%
vs.

Health: 30
Energy: 67%
====================

Flavor Text

in short, Chinchou took like 36 damage and Paras only took 27 damage and Chinchou took 36, and they all had energy left so Chinchou is dead.

====================

Raw Data

Paras uses Protect | blocks next attack | -7 energy
Chinchou uses Confuse Ray | no effect | -5 energy
Chinchou is hurt by poison | 2 damage | -0 energy
Chinchou uses Confuse Ray | Paras is confused | -5 energy
Paras uses Bullet Seed (4 and the second was a crit) | 30 damage | -6 energy
Chinchou uses Ice Beam | 20 damage | -7 energy
Paras hurts itself in confusion | 7 damage | -0 energy

====================

DARKAMBER WINS
he gets 2 TCs
so does Flora
both Pokemon get an EC, an MC, and a DC
Paras gets a KO counter
I get a ref counter

hapyhappyhappy

Happy happy happy

gg Flora! It was way close, even though you were type- and ability- disadvantaged.

nice job Charm, timely reffing (although you didn't have much of a choice), would rehire again!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
hax paras A_A

well you got your karma!

gg and i think your paras was left with like 30 hp so it still had a big advantage (2 ice beams would be needed and some more confusion luck flips)

Hey! I PREDICTED Chinchou. It's a water-type to take advantage of the fountain, an electric-type to kill the water-types I obviously would have chosen because I put a fountain in the arena, and it only needed one more EC to evolve.

That wasn't a blind guess praying I wouldn't get killed by an Excadrill.

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)