Battle! Dogfish44 vs Danmantican (ref: Zarator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many Pokémon involved, unusual clauses from both battlers, peculiar arena... this sure looks like an interesting battle!

4v4 Singles
DQ Time: 1 Day
Restricted moves: None

Arena: Improbability vortex

An arena in a space simulation dome, with 0 gravity, but plenty of oxygen. The room is sealed from weather, and the outside of the wall is indestructable and impassible by ALL means, including teleportation. Inside the room is a suspended Sperm Whale still identifying several body parts, and 42 bowls of petunias which don't move, and can be used as launch pads, or points to catch a breath.
All Abilities
Items Disabled
Switch = OK

Dogfish, you're the match seeker. Please post the Pokémon you're going to start with.
Danmantican, you're the match challenger. Please post the Pokémon you're going to start with and issue his actions.
Dogfish will do the same afterwards.

Battle on, heroes!

This looks like a perfect time for Ivy's debut, let's do this!

Bulbasaur (F) - Ivy
Nature: Rash (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Special Defense)

Type: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: ****(+1)
SpD: **(-1)
Spe: 45

Let's start this match off by using Swords Dance, followed by a Growth to greatly increase your damage output. Then hit Bouncy hard with a Power Whip, to cut that water-rat thing down.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Just realised I goofed something up approving Bouncy.

Remember, she's shiny.

Anyway: Sing, then Work Up. Finish up round one with a Slam.

Azurill [Bouncy] (F)
Nature - Quiet (+Sp.Atk, -Speed)

Type: Normal

Stats
Atk: *
SpA: ** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 17 (-)

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Huge Power:
Thick Fat:
DW LOCKED Sap Sipper:

Attacks (heh):
Splash
Charm
Tail Whip
Bubble
Slam
Water Gun

Muddy Water
Sing
Refresh

Waterfall
Work Up
Toxic

Round 1

Bulbasaur (F) - Ivy
Nature: Rash (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Special Defense)

Type: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
Atk: **
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: ** (-)

Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed
Vine Whip
Poison Powder
Sleep Powder
Take Down
Razor Leaf
Sweet Scent
Growth

Curse
Giga Drain
Power Whip

Sludge Bomb
Swords Dance
Facade

Azurill [Bouncy] (F)
Nature - Quiet (+Sp.Atk, -Speed)

Type: Normal

Stats
Atk: *
SpA: ** (+)
Spe: 17 (-)

Abilities:
Huge Power:
Thick Fat:
DW LOCKED Sap Sipper:

Attacks (heh):
Splash
Charm
Tail Whip
Bubble
Slam
Water Gun

Muddy Water
Sing
Refresh

Waterfall
Work Up
Toxic

The two trainers gaze at each other with impeachable calm, standing on two platforms at the edges of the arena. Luckily I can glance through the entire battlefield from abov... Hey, hold on Hydreigon, I was almost falling down!

Look, Dogfish seems to have made his choice, and sends forth Bouncy, an adorable Azurill! The little mouse seems to be a bit frightened when he finds himself floating in the void - poor cutie. Meanwhile, danmantican answers with his trustworthy Ivy the Bulbasaur! The green dinosaur enters the battlefield with a bold attitude, but the sight of the improbability vortex causes him to shudder as well.

Nevertheless, Ivy shrugs off the fear and starts dancing on himself, in preparation of the impending attack. However, he can't help listening to the beautiful melody chanted by Azur... oh boy, Hydreigon! wheresmyfullhealgoddamn- oh, whew! I wasn't ready to become warm goo juice right now!

Anyway, back to the battle, the Bulbasaur seems to have fallen asleep. Bouncy seems to finally have taken courage, and now looks to be much more adamant! Wow, she has leaped over the enemy and rammed into him with his tail! Ouch, that hurt a lot. Ivy better wakes up soon...

HP 73
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 94

HP 90
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy 85

Calculations:
Swords Dance: +2 Atk, 6 energy
Sing: Intense sleep (3 turns), 5 energy
---------------------------------
Bulbasaur is fast asleep (2 turns remaining)
Work Up: +1 Atk, +1 SpA, 6 energy
---------------------------------
Bulbasaur is fast asleep (1 turn remaining)
Slam (critical hit): 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Crit] + 3 [Huge Power] + 1.5 [Stage dif] = 17 damage, 4 energy

Dogfish goes first now.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
4 EN for 14/17 damage? Neat!

Slam it again for good measure. Then Waterfall, then Slam.

If it uses Sleep Powder, use Work Up instead. If Sleep Powder makes you fall asleep by relaxing you, then Work Up will hold an inverse effect. ^_^

Round 2

@Dogfish: Work Up won't prevent Sleep Powder from working, just so you know.

@Danmantican: You meant Growth, not Work Up

HP 73
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 94

HP 90
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy 85

Ok Hydreigon, now get a bit closer to the action... and keep this Chesto Berry just in case!

Anyway, back to our contenders, Ivy seems to float across the arena asleep, like in a Jigglypuff's fantasy. Bouncy doesn't seem to share my romantic feelings, and crashes the image with a swift lash of his tail. Hey, looks like the Bulbasaur woke up, finally! Better soon than never, I say!

Ivy's mind quickly clears up and focuses on the battle. With a bold and cheerful attitude, he strengthens up himself. Bouncy leaps over him propelling water at high speed, but the Bulbasaur doesn't seem to be really inconvenienced by the attack!

Look, now the Azurill is staring in the air. What's happening? Green spheres of energy are leaving his body to reach the Bulbasaur! His wounds are slightly healed... neat. But Bouncy doesn't like the trick, and rams into the saur another time with his tail. Ouch, so cute but so harsh!

HP 44
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 81

HP 76
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy 67

Bulbasaur is fast asleep (wakes up next action)
Slam: 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Huge Power] + 1.5 [Stage dif] = 14 damage, 4 energy
--------------------------------------------
Growth: +1 Atk, +1 SpA, 6 energy
Waterfall: (8 [AP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Huge Power]) * 0.67 + 1.5 [Stage dif] = 8 damage, 6 energy
--------------------------------------------
Giga Drain: 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 1.5 [Stage dif] = 14 damage, 7 points healed back, 7 energy
Slam: 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Huge Power] + 1.5 [Stage dif] = 14 damage, 4+4 energy

danmantican goes first now.

Yeah, I meant Growth before x.x

Ok, let's get some more HP back. Giga Drain~Leech Seed~Giga Drain. If Bouncy tries to use Slam or Sing, hit it with a Sleep Powder before she gets a chance to.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
I already had an inkling that Work Up would actually fail, but it was merely a deterrent.

Anyway, I want you to take that Giga Drain, THEN Sing.

Then, if Ivy falls asleep, Slam *2. If Ivy doesn't fall asleep, Work Up then Waterfall.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Double Posting, but this is a notice that I will be gone for the next week (Bar getting on once or twice), and therefore may break deadline times.

Please don't DQ me - thanks.

Round 3

HP 44
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 81

HP 76
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy 67

Ok Hydreigon, hold on, now the battle is gonna get intense!

Ivy seems to keep tapping into Bouncy's energies to mend his own wounds. It's incredible how they fade like they were never been there actually... But wait! The Azurill started to chant with her beautiful voice again! Man, that's so sooth... ouch, that was a pretty false note over here.

Mmm, looks like Ivy came to his senses pretty quickly, and now he's reacting with a cloud of spores - directly from the seed on his back! Hydreigon, rise a bit, I don't want to spend another Full Heal on you like last time... Bouncy was not as lucky, though. I guess she got a taste of her own poison, after all.

Now that the Azurill is wandering into slumberland, Ivy takes the opportunity to drain more life force from her enemy. Magically, the wounds heal up like they were nothing. Looks like Bouncy's early advantage is quickly fading away...

HP 58
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 58

HP 48
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy 62

Calculations:

Giga Drain: 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 1.5 [Stage dif] = 14 damage, 7 points healed back, 7 energy
Sing: Missed, 5 energy
---------------------------------------------
Sleep Powder: Intense sleep (3 turns), 6 energy
Azurill is fast asleep (1 turn passed)
---------------------------------------------
Giga Drain: 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 1.5 [Stage dif] = 14 damage, 7 points healed back, 7+4 energy
Azurill is fast asleep (2 turns passed)

About the Sleep Powder/Sing thing: Bulbasaur was faster, hence why he couldn't have used Sleep Powder on turn 1, whatever Dogfish could say - he simply couldn't predict what the opponent move would have been before actually seeing it. So, Sleep Powder took place on turn 2, right after Sing missed.

Dogfish goes first now

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
I'M BACK!

OK Bouncy, the second you wake up, I want you to start Singing until it works. Then Start slamming the hell out of it.

Ok, we're in a solid position now Ivy. Let's start this round with a Leech Seed. Since Bouncy will wake up the next action, I want you to plug your ears so you cannot hear her sing. I then want you to hit Bouncy with another Sleep Powder before she get's a chance to sing again.

Round 4

HP 58
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 58

HP 48
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy 62

Mmm... maybe you keep the distance Hydreigon, ok? I don't feel comfortable with the "anaesthetic" route this battle is taking...

So, back to action! Ivy-aka-Dracula 2.0 decides to sap a little more life from her sleeping opponent (maybe you wanna bite her neck while she's in the bed dressed in white?) and fires off some seeds to trap her opponent into a parasitic plant (canines were more fashionable, I think). If Bouncy is having a nightmare right now, I cannot really blame her.

Wary about falling for that cursed lullaby once again, Ivy plugs her ears and try to avoid listening. And indeed, once it wakes up, the Azurill starts chanting with her charming voice (the image of a mon suddendly waking up and start singing somehow make me smile, but oh well). However, the song of Bouncy is just too fascinating for Ivy to ignore it... but, look - err, listen. Looks like Azurill got a false note again! I guess that vine crawling just below her mouth is kinda creepy...

Waken up from her stupor, Ivy immediately reacts with another cloud of soothing spores. Bouncy attempts to resist, but the toxins sap his nervous system and cause him to fall once again asleep. Sweet dreams I guess... (brr this is getting like a dark story)

HP 67
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 43

HP 39
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy 57
Status: Sleeping, wakes up on action 2 of next round, Leech seeded for (3) more actions.

Calculations
Leech Seed: 9 energy
Azurill is fast asleep for (0) more actions
Azurill lost 3 of her HP (seeded for 5 more actions), Bulbasaur restores health.
--------------------------------------
About the "plug your hears" command: I talked with other reffers, and it has been decided to no longer allow actions to totally nullify other moves. So no "plug your ears", no "cover your eyes", and so on. You can still uses moves like Protect for stuff like this.
Sing: 5 energy, missed
Azurill lost 3 of her HP (seeded for 4 more actions), Bulbasaur restores health.
--------------------------------------
Sleep Powder: Intense Sleep (3-1 turns), 6 energy
Azurill is fast asleep for (1) more actions
Azurill lost 3 of her HP (seeded for 3 more actions), Bulbasaur restores health.

Danmantican goes first now.

Ok, let's hit Bouncy with another Giga Drain and regain some more health. After I want you to use Vine Whip to wrap around Bouncy's mouth to prevent her from singing. Finish with another Giga Drain.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Just you wait until I unlock it's DW ability...

You're gonna wake up round 2, so give the thing a nice SLAM on the head.

Finish up with a Sing. You're doing fine Bouncy, considering you're at a major disadvantage on moves!

Round 5

HP 67
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 43

HP 39
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy 57
Status: Sleeping, wakes up on action 2 of next round, Leech seeded for (3) more actions.

@Danmantican: "use Vine Whip to wrap around Bouncy's mouth to prevent her from singing", not going to happen sorry (although for this round it's not relevant)

Hey Hydreigon, wanna hear a lullaby of mine? I think I can remember some notes right now... ow, no need to roar like that, if you don't like it! Geez...

Either way, Ivy down there doesn't seem to appreciate lullabies either, and keeps draining Bouncy like she was a tap. The plant she seeded on her enemy helps too, apparently.

Look, the Azurill seems to start waking up no... ouch, what a slap! Ivy just slammed her right into the face with a vine. Angry and irritated, Bouncy replies leaping on her foe and smashing him with his tail (for some reason they remind me of those girls fighting against each other with slaps in each other's faces...).

However, the combined effect of Ivy's tapping and the plant growing on her really depleted Bouncy's energies. As Bulbasaur drains once again his life, she attempts to start executing her chant, but suddendly she doesn't manage to keep it going and she faints! Meanwhile, Ivy is barely scratched, but really tired by the fight...

HP 72
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 27

HP 0
Atk *
Def **
SpA ** (+)
SpD **
Spe 17 (-)

Energy N/A

Calculations:
Giga Drain: 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] = 13 damage, 6 points healed back, 7 energy
Azurill is fast asleep for 0 more turns
Azurill lost 3 of her HP (seeded for 5 more actions), Bulbasaur restores health.
--------------------------------------------------
Vine Whip: 4 [AP] + 3 [STAB] = 7 damage, 2 energy
Slam: 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Huge Power] = 13 damage, 4 energy
--------------------------------------------------
Giga Drain: 8 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] = 13 damage, 6 points healed back, 7 energy

Dogfish, please send out your next mon and issue his actions

Just wondering why the second Giga Drain has it's energy as "7+4" since Vine Whip was between the two Giga Drains?

Anyways, great job with that Ivy! Let's start off by using another Leech Seed. Then use another Sleep Powder to buy us some time. Then Chill since I don't want you to faint from loss of energy.

Round 6

Shinx [Shinxe] (F)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk - Sp.Atk)

Type: Electric

Stats:
Shinx
Atk: **** (+)
SpA: * (-)

Abilities:
Rivalry:
Intimidate:
DW LOCKED: Guts

Attacks:
Tackle
Leer
Charge
Bite
Spark
Bite
Roar
Swagger

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Double Kick

Snarl
Thunder Wave
Toxic

HP 72
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 27

Looks like the first contender has fallen, Hydreigon... what? You wanna devour him? Nah, forget it, that's against the rules... plus she doesn't seem much more than a sidefish, for you.

Danmantican apparently wants the cute theme going, and sends out an adorable Shinx. Will Shinxe be able to avenge is fallen mate? Ivy doesn't seem willing to process the answer, and plants some seeds on this foe too, for good measure. The Shinx however isn't a pushover in the slightest, and retaliates with a weak jolt of electricity which ends up paralyzing the Bulbasaur's muscles.

Sparks course through Ivy's body, making it easy prey for the Shinx - who immediately follows up and fiercely bites the Bulbasaur. Blasts of fire and frost shine bright, to attest the ferocity of the assault. The Bulbasaur better shrugs off paralysis soon, or not even the life he receives from the parasitic plant he seeded will be enough to support him for long...

HP: 81

Energy: 84

HP 51
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 18

Calculations:
Coinflipped first action for the speed tie, Bulbasaur won
Leech Seed: 9 energy, Shinxe is seeded for (6) actions.
Thunder Wave: 6 energy, Paralyzed (25% chance)
-----------------------------------------------------
From there on, Shinxe goes first due to paralysis
Ice Fang: (7 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 15 damage, 5 energy
Bulbasaur is fully paralyzed
-----------------------------------------------------
Fire Fang: (7 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 15 damage, 5 energy

danmantican goes first now

Stopping my chill wasn't very nice. So let's try to Chill once more, then hit Shinxe with a Sleep Powder followed by a Sludge Bomb to finish things off.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Ice fang it!

Now then, Flinch, accuracy, Paralysis and possible freeze from before give it a 48.6% chance of doing anything if I now Fire Fang it.

Finish it up with an Ice Fang!

Round 7

HP: 81

Energy: 84

HP 51
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 18

I really don't see Ivy surviving this confrontation if she doesn't manage to escape the par... no Hydreigon, you can't eat her. I'll bring you to hunt Minccinos later, but for now you'll have to be quiet.

Ivy still stands in place, unable to move. Shinxe takes the opportunity and ravages his opponent again with chilly teeth (must be that paste they advertise in TV...). The Bulbasaur is really suffering his offense. Now the Shinx's teeth turn fiery, and they plow again through Ivy's soft skin, scorching it. The grassy dinosaur attempts to retaliate with another soothing cloud of spores, but the resulting exhalation is way too weak to affect the thunder cat.

Looks like that, despite the plant grown on Shinxe is feeding Ivy with life energy, the Bulbasaur is about to fall. His opponent looks forward that aim, and assaults him yet again with his frozen canines (how can they go from -100 F to +300 F continously like that? I'm gonna sue that paste industry...). However this time Ivy doesn't take the hit passively. From his seed spawn several purple orbs, which explode on contact with the Shinx in a disgusting blast of sludge and other garbage.

HP: 57

Energy: 69

HP 10
Atk **
Def **
SpA **** (+)
SpD ** (-)
Spe 45

Energy 12

Calculations:
Ice Fang (critical hit) : (7 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 5 energy
Shinx lost 3 of her HP (seeded for 2 more actions), Bulbasaur restores health.
------------------------------------------------
Fire Fang: (7 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 15 damage, 5 energy
Sleep Powder: missed, 6 energy
Shinx lost 3 of her HP (seeded for 1 more action), Bulbasaur restores health.
------------------------------------------------
Ice Fang: (7 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 15 damage, 5 energy
Sludge Bomb: 9 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] = 15 damage, 6 energy
Shinx lost 3 of her HP (freed from Leech Seed), Bulbasaur restores health.

Dogfish44 goes first now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)