Status
Not open for further replies.
CHALLENGING SevenDeadlySins!

Standard 1 V 1
Singles
DQ: 3 Days (5 Days for Ref)
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Arena:Desert Oasis (Day)

This oasis is used as a refuge for thirsty, weary travelers traversing the hot desert. This arena features a small pool of water in the center surrounded by a handful of tropical trees and a small grass patch surrounding the body of water. The oasis is surrounded by a vast sandy desert with no obstacles in sight. The oasis has magical properties, and cannot run out of water. The sun is quite bright, but the oasis makes the surrounding area fairly comfortable for all Pokemon. However, it's nearly impossible to set up a Rain or Hail storm in this hot desert during the day. The ground is made up of a pliable sand material, meaning that Pokemon can Dig here.

SUMMARY: No Hail / Rain Dance (and and a result no Snow Warning / Drizzle). Dig and seismic Ground moves allowed. Oasis provides water, and cannot be diminished.
One ability, no items, switch = who cares?
drkslay posts his mon
sds posts his actions and mon (since obviously i know what mons you fuckers are sending out)
drkslay posts his actions
i grace you with my glorious reffings
drkslay posts his actions
sds posts his actions
i grace you with my glorious reffings
etc

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
All right, let's get this show on the road!

Go, Allergy the Gastly!

Gastly [Allergy] (F)
Nature: Mild (Adds * to Special Attack. Subtracts * from Defense.)

Type: Ghost
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: *(-)
SpA: *****(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 80

EC: 0 / 9
MC: 0
DC: 0 / 0 (no DW ability)

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Hypnosis (*)
Lick (*)
Spite (*)
Mean Look (*)
Curse (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Night Shade (*)
Sucker Punch (*)
Shadow Ball

Disable (*)
Perish Song (*)
Fire Punch (*)

Sludge Bomb (*)
Thunderbolt (*)
Hidden Power (Fighting, 7) (*)

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's get this party started!

I'll send out my newly minted Gilgamesh the Larvitar!

[PIMG]246[/PIMG]
Larvitar - Gilgamesh (M)

Nature: Quiet (Special Attack increased by *, Speed decreased by 15%)
Type: Rock / Ground
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Atk: ***
Def: **
SpA: ***(+)
Spe: 35 (-15%)

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Unnerve (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's presence causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Attacks:
Bite
Leer
Sandstorm
Screech
Chip Away
Rock Slide
Scary Face
Thrash

Ancientpower
Pursuit
Iron Defense

Dig
Toxic
Protect

Let's start with a Sandstorm, then hit him with a pair of powerful Screeches!

DarkSlay

All right Allergy, we need to quickly shut down Gilgamesh's plans. We should try to prevent that Sandstorm from going up at all costs, so start off the match by taking aim at Gilgamesh and firing off a Hypnosis! That should stop the Sandstorm while hopefully stopping one of those Screeches. Then, go by what happens if Hypnosis hits or misses:

IF IT HITS: Smack it hard with a Shadow Ball, and then hit it with a strong Super-Effective Hidden Power (Fighting, 7)!

IF IT MISSES: Quickly try and prevent those Screeches with Confuse Ray! Then, fire off a Shadow Ball!

So:

Hypnosis (HIT) -> Shadow Ball -> HP Fighting (7)
OR
Hypnosis (MISS) -> Confuse Ray -> Shadow Ball

Gastly [Allergy] (F)
Abilities: Levitate
Energy: 100
Boosts:
Other:

Larvitar - Gilgamesh (M)
Abilities: Guts
Energy: 100
Boosts:
Other:

round one...you know for the pre-evolution of fucking TYRANITAR larvitar really is a pussy >:[

Allergy and Gilgamesh face each other down from across the oasis. The prehistoric relic starts a ritualistic dance. The ghostly apparition stares perplexed as a mighty Sandstorm is brought on to the oasis. Remembering what she was supposed to be doing, Allergy rises in the air, her eyes glowing in various flashing colors. Gilgamesh has no choice but to stare into the ghost's eyes, and is successfully Hypnotized for one round! Her deed done, Allergy returns to her position in the air across the oasis to the snoozing Gilgamesh.

Allergy takes advantage of her opponent's brief snooze. She starts conjuring a ball of ghostly energy. Gilgamesh, unknowing, just keeps on snoozing. The ball of ghostly energy is fired in a Shadow Ball. This attack seems to wake the snoozing fossil, however it is too late to start his attack.

Allergy, with her opponent's brief snooze over, must rely on her advantage of speed to beat Gilgamesh. Drawing energy from deep inside herself and her environment, fires off a Hidden Power Fighting to hit the dinosaur with. Although taking quite bit of damage from the Hidden Power, releases a mind-numbing Screech. Although it appears that Allergy doesn't have ears (seriously wtf???); she reels in pain as the sound hits her. Allergy's defense is lowered two (2) stages!

Gastly [Allergy] (F)
HP: 84
Energy: 81
Boosts: -2 Def
Other:

Larvitar - Gilgamesh (M)
HP: 62
Energy: 85
Boosts:
Other:

ARENA: four (4) rounds of Sandstorm left

Calculations
Allergy: takes two (2) damage (Sandstorm), uses nine (9) energy (Hypnosis)
Gilgamesh: uses nine (9) energy (Sandstorm)
------------------------
Allergy: takes two (2) damage (Sandstorm), uses five (5) energy (Shadow Ball)
Gilgamesh: takes fourteen (14) damage (Shadow Ball)
------------------------
Allergy: takes two (2) damage (Sandstorm), uses five (5) energy (Hidden Power Fighting)
Gilgamesh: takes fourteen (14) damage (Hidden Power Fighting), uses six (6) energy (Screech)
------------------------
Allergy TOTAL: takes six (6) damage, uses nineteen (19) energy
Gilgamesh TOTAL: takes twenty-eight (28) damage, uses fifteen (15) energy

DarkSlay

My laptop broke, so sorry if I don't take immediate responses for the next 3-4 days as I try and fix it. :( Doing this from my phone.

Confuse Ray, then Shadow Ball, then HP Fighting!

IF HE USES BITE OR ROCK SLIDE: Replace the next action after said move with Disable!

thanks for waiting on me guys

Gastly [Allergy] (F)
HP: 84
Energy: 81
Boosts: -2 Def
Other:

Larvitar - Gilgamesh (M)
HP: 62
Energy: 85
Boosts:
Other:

ARENA: four (4) rounds of Sandstorm left

Allergy starts the round by gathering light in a ball. The Confuse Ray flashes in a rhythmic manner with bright colors. Gilgamesh watches and becomes slightly confused from the specifically created show. The prehistoric dinosaur has no choice as his mind is scrambled and he attacks himself.

Taking advantage of her opponent's moment of weakness, Allergy conjures a Shadow Ball. The ball of ghostly energy is launched at Gilgamesh. The dinosaur takes it in stride and causes falling rocks to crush the ghost with a Rock Slide.

Allergy removes Gilgamesh's ability to use Rock Slide with Disable. Gilgamesh responds with a devious look in his eyes as he jumps toward the Gastly with a Bite.

Gastly [Allergy] (F)
HP: 46
Energy: 67
Boosts: -1 Def
Other:

Larvitar - Gilgamesh (M)
HP: 42
Energy: 76
Boosts:
Other: Rock Slide Disabled for five (5) actions

ARENA: three (3) rounds of Sandstorm left

Calculations
Allergy: takes two (2) damage (Sandstorm), uses four (4) energy (Confuse Ray)
Gilgamesh: takes six (6) damage (Confusion)
------------------------
Allergy: takes nineteen (19) damage (Rock Slide+Sandstorm), uses five (5) energy (Shadow Ball)
Gilgamesh: takes fourteen (14) damage (Shadow Ball), uses five (5) energy
------------------------
Allergy: takes seventeen (17) damage (Bite+Sandstorm), uses five (5) energy (Disable)
Gilgamesh: uses four (4) energy
------------------------
Allergy TOTAL: takes thirty-eight (38) damage, uses fourteen (14) energy
Gilgamesh TOTAL: takes twenty (20) damage, uses nine (9) energy

sds is up

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So can we make Rock Slide shift to the second action and Bite to the third action? This would get Rock Slide Disabled, which was SDS's aim for the round (and what should've happened anyway). Moves should be done in order of what a player puts.

Just some small changes, so thanks in advance!

So can we make Rock Slide shift to the second action and Bite to the third action? This would get Rock Slide Disabled, which was SDS's aim for the round (and what should've happened anyway). Moves should be done in order of what a player puts.

Just some small changes, so thanks in advance!
While I understand where you're coming from Flora (and SDS as well I assume), I believe I did the correct thing here. I've asked several others and all of them agree that unless specifically mentioned by the player, hitting yourself from confusion would not push your actions back. However if DrkSlay agrees I'll change it at the first moment I can.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know you were gone for a week, but we had a discussion about this where I explicitly told you that I wanted my moves shifted, not cancelled.

Either way, DarkSlay said he's fine with it on IRC, so make the change.

DarkSlay

Okay Allergy, I actually think we won this one. Unless a miracle occurs, you should do exactly 42 damage!

Shadow Ball -> HP Fighting -> Shadow Ball

Gastly [Allergy] (F)
HP: 46
Energy: 67
Boosts: -1 Def
Other:

Larvitar - Gilgamesh (M)
HP: 42
Energy: 76
Boosts:
Other: Rock Slide Disabled for five (5) actions

ARENA: three (3) rounds of Sandstorm left

Allergy and Gilgamesh glare at each other from opposite ends of the oasis. The end of the battle is near, and both are pumped with adrenaline. The Larvitar jumps toward the Gastly in a strong Bite. However, the ghost just takes it in stride, with barely a shudder. In response, Allergy fires a Shadow Ball at Gilgamesh, striking true.

Allergy and Gilgamesh are no more than a yard away from each other, and the contempt in their eyes is clearly visible. The Ghastly starts taking energy that has been hidden for just such an occasion, a Hidden Power Fighting. Suddenly startled, the Larvitar leaps forward in a Bite. Right after the Bite made contact, Allergy released the energy and flung Gilgamesh back.

(Couldn't be a little more creative?) Gilgamesh leaps toward Allergy in a Bite. Before the Larvitar can actually bite onto the ghost, the Gastly fires off a Shadow Ball. The ball of dark energy explodes in a fantastic manner; sending dust and sand in the air. When the dust settles, only Allergy remains standing!

Calculations
Allergy: takes seventeen (17) damage (Bite+Sandstorm), uses five (5) energy (Shadow Ball)
Gilgamesh: takes fourteen (14) damage (Shadow Ball), uses five (5) energy (Bite)
------------------------
Allergy: takes seventeen (17) damage (Bite+Sandstorm), uses five (5) energy (Hidden Power Fighting)
Gilgamesh: Gilgamesh: takes fourteen (14) damage (Hidden Power Fighting), uses five (5) energy (Bite)
------------------------
Allergy: uses five (5) energy (Shadow Ball)
Gilgamesh: takes fourteen (14) damage (Shadow Ball), uses five (5) energy (Bite)
------------------------
Allergy TOTAL: takes twenty-four (24) damage, uses fifteen (15) energy
Gilgamesh TOTAL: dies :( (42 damage exactly)

REWARDS n SHIT
SDS:
---Gilgamesh (1 EC / 1 DC / 1 MC)
DrkSlay:
---Allergy (1 EC / 1 DC / 1 MC / 1 KOC)
HD:
---1 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)