Super Smash Babies Brawl - LC RMT (Peaked at #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S S B B

In
troduction

So, hello LC fans/people that want to steal a LC team. After using team B.O.S.S. for a huge success on the POS server for a long time, I decided that it was outdated. Then, I decided to make a team for the Scraggyless Metagame (because Scraggy is banned on the POS), but that would also be able to deal with Scraggy. It ended up as a bulky offensive team, but that works very well. I laddered using it on the smogon server and got ranked at #1, so I'm posting it. This team is a tribute to Super Smash Bros Brawl, the Wii game which is, imo, the coolest one. This team works by using offense to kill every threat, being able to take a hit and respond every time. After the foe is weakened enough, it's time for a Clamperl setup sweep. Clamperl with DeepSeaTooth is very broken, but people are only suspecting stuff like Scraggy, Misdreavus and Meditite, so yeah. Without further ado, let me present the team!

A closer look

Meta Knight (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Def / 76 SDef / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost

Supporting Gligar. It should be my lead, but, with the team preview feature, I lead with other members some times, mostly Mienfoo. The idea here is to set Stealth Rock and then get the hell out, saving Gligar's resistances for later. Gligar is an amazing defensive pivot with its incredible 24/27/21 bulk and resistance to Fighting and immunities to Electric and Ground. Earthquake is used for main STAB and Aerial Ace is used here to hit stuff that Gligar loves to wall, namely Timburr, Meditite, etc. Roost only complements Gligar's walling prowess by healing it. This Gligar set is very useful on this metagame filled with fighters.

---

Fox (Mienfoo) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 156 Atk / 116 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Fake Out

Hehe, I love this set. First, because Mienfoo looks cool. Second, because it's extremely effective. I picked Mienfoo as a fighter because, with proper investment, it can survive even a +1 Zen Headbutt from Scraggy, being able to Drain Punch it after. It can also survive Waterfall from Carvanha and do the same. The question is: why are you using it instead of Meditite, who has a lot more attack? Simple. Regeneration. If Scraggy Crunches the Meditite switch, he won't be able to check Scraggy later. But Mienfoo can easily recover off the damage thanks to its trait. U-turn is here to do some damage as Mienfoo switches and to make Regeneration's effect kick in. Toxic is for when I predict something like a Bulky Missy / Slowpoke / Gligar / Hippopotas switch-in, who would be ruined by Toxic's effect. Fake Out here is to add priority to this team and to pick off weakened threats. It also wastes a turn. I firstly saw this set under the control of LITTLE CUP IS COOL some months ago, but I'm almost sure that Elevator Music was the creator.

---

Snake (Stunky) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Stench
EVs: 172 Atk / 92 SAtk / 244 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Stunky, another useful pokémon. Its unique typing gives him an interesting resistance to Ghost as well as a neutrality to fighting. If you're too slow and didn't get what that means, it means that he can get rid of Misdreavus, Gastly and etc, dangerous pokémon that are everywhere. Stunky just has to come on a Shadow Ball and play rock, paper and scissor with the ghost. You Pursuit if they're going to switch; Sucker Punch if they're going to attack; and Crunch if they're going to use Substitute or a status move. If you win, they die. If you lose, Stunky loses like 30% of his HP. I use Eviolite here to take Shadow Balls better, because Stunky is very frail without it. Fire Blast complements this set by hitting Ferroseed for very hard damage, as well as Bronzor.

---

Zelda (Misdreavus) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Ah, my favourite LC pokémon. Misdreavus is very cute, but also very fast, bulky and strong, so she's a staple on almost every LC team, giving nice immunities to Ground, Fight and Normal. I picked this set because I think it's very underrated but it's very effective. First, because people don't expect it. Secondly, because it can reliably kill threats like Clamperl, Shellder, +0 Carvanha, opposing Misdreavus, Gligar and much more. Shadow Ball is for main brutal STAB, almost always OHKOing targets that are weak to it. Icy Wind might look like a gimmick, but it's used here to hit Gligar, after I switch on its Earthquake / SR / Swords Dance / whatever. Hidden Power Fire is used here, as opposed to the standard Hidden Power Fighting, because, after thinking, I decided that hitting Ferroseed is better than hitting Munchlax and Scraggy for piss-weak 40% damage max. And Thunderbolt is here because Scarf Misdreavus can outpace most Shell Smashers even after they setup, so Thunderbolt puts an end on them.

---

R.O.B. (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull

EVs: 236 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]

My backup scarfer, Steel type and Flying counter, Magnemite is also very useful for this team. It has an excellent typing that gives it resistances so that he can easily switch on threats like Snover, Wingull, Taillow and hammer them with a powerful STAB move from 20 special attack. Flash Cannon is a primary STAB and it hits, for hard neutral damage, stuff that resist Magnemite's powerful Thunderbolt, such as Lileep. Thunderbolt is the main STAB here and it's used to hammer fliers and waters. Volt Switch is for when I predict a switch, so I can keep the momentum on my side. I'm currently using Hidden Power Ice to revenge Gligar and Dragons better, but, sometimes, I really wished I had Hidden Power Fire, for annoying Ferroseeds.

---

Sonic (Clamperl) (M) @ DeepSeaTooth
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 84 Def / 244 SAtk / 180 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

The cleaner of the team. Man, this guy is so ridiculous. Think about a pokémon with 230 special attack being allowed in LC. Ok, here it is. This monster has 32 special attack and, after a Shell Smash, it's the horror. 26 Speed, enough to outpace every common scarfed pokémon (barring Scarf Gastly and Scarf Misdreavus) and a brutal 64 Special Attack. Surf is used for main STAB and, for you to have an idea of its brutality, it does 200% damage to Chinchou, who resists it, so have an idea of what it does to the rest. Hidden Power Electric hits pokémon with Water Absorb, namely Frillish and Mantyke, who could otherwise have a chance against this beast, for brutal damage. Ice Beam covers dragons and it does 95% max to Ferroseed.

One Last Look

A Proof of the Success

Bloo

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
I appreciate the effort put into this RMT, but unfortunately, it's against the rules to have two active RMTs open at any given time, as shown by the above quoted rule. You currently have an OU RMT actively sitting in the main OU forum (which was posted 2 days ago), so I'll be locking this for the time being. For future reference, wait at least 2 weeks before posting another RMT. PM me once 2 weeks have passed and I'll gladly unlock this for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)